Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (7): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp
Matthew Beet (2): Tirade, SKY COQ
SKY COQ (1): Anidav, Anidav, Mills
hiddenmovement (1): Old Dirty Cumburgs
Mithranderp (1): Those On My Left
Mills (1): hiddenmovement
Freudian Slip (0): Mills, Mills
Bifauxnen (0): Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Old Dirty Cumburgs (0): Tirade, Tirade
Milky Moor (0): Tirade, Tirade

Not Voting (7): Anidav, Bifauxnen, dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Small Keating, Splode, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 44 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Things were quiet this morning at work, so I got in on the gag posting that characterises early D1 while I could, but when I got busy, couldn't keep up with the tentative efforts at scum-hunting. Honestly, it seemed like it got a bit quiet there for everyone around 3pm. Just got back from the gym and catching up on posts now.

Anidav is being classic Anidav, melting down quicker than Three Mile Island, but I hope these are only D1 jitters and the Real Anime Dave, winner of the last game, will please stand up for town any moment now.

SKY COQ posted:

I tossed around a couple of options as I was putting together that post but wasn't really convinced on any. Mills is, as ever, a good option, and one I'd consider. Bif not voting yet is par for the course, but she's been a bit quiet. And Old Dirty Cumbags is a dark horse.

This is the kind of "under the radar non-post targeting of multiple individuals without really throwing one's hat into the ring" style that I was getting into when I played scum, and it served me well then.

##vote Sky Coq

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Look above you.

Also, I agree with SKYCOQ

##vote SKY COQ

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay, I'm back home now everybody. My quietness today has been part being busy at work, (which is normally quite unusual for me), and part just needing to chillax a bit more after the last few games. I was getting a bit burnt out from the last Transformers game being such a marathon, and the last one - well. That was pretty tense for a long time! But I'm curious to see now, how a more relaxed style may or may not work for me.

I was starting to think Anidav's same old: "No, town you are making a grave mistake!" routine actually did sound really scummy after all. But if he's scum, he won't get nightkilled, (er, at least not by the scum), so now I think it would be fine to keep him around for D2 to see what he comes up with for his roleclaim, and then we can probaly lynch him with more confidence.

As for Coq, however:

SKY COQ posted:

I tossed around a couple of options as I was putting together that post but wasn't really convinced on any. Mills is, as ever, a good option, and one I'd consider. Bif not voting yet is par for the course, but she's been a bit quiet. And Old Dirty Cumbags is a dark horse.

Not on D1, it's not. If you're not actually scum, it may be worth voting you just since your powers of observation seem to be on the fritz

##vote SKY COQ

fake edit: I saw more votes coming in for Coq while I was writing this, but please notice the length and that I meant to have this in before a bandwagon. I'll still join it though, as I think going for someone other than Anidav (for tonight, at least) may be the better choice

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm compelled to agree with the investigative work above.

##unvote

##vote SKY COQ

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
As I've always said, I'll vote for whoever on Day 1.

##unvote

##vote SKY COQ

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What no

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

This whole thing has been manufactured by Anidav which is super shady IMO

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I was about to say--bif usually throws votes around on D1 like they're going out of fashion.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (6): Anidav, Anidav, Mills, Small Keating, Anidav, Bifauxnen, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Milky Moor
Anidav (6): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp, Milky Moor
Matthew Beet (2): Tirade, SKY COQ
Mithranderp (1): Those On My Left
Mills (1): hiddenmovement
Freudian Slip (0): Mills, Mills
Bifauxnen (0): Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Old Dirty Cumburgs (0): Tirade, Tirade
hiddenmovement (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Milky Moor (0): Tirade, Tirade

Not Voting (4): dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Splode, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 34 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

That's the second time you've coqed up voting. Aren't you supposed to be a mafia pro?

I think he's fishing. Jumping around to see who is quick to follow.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Splode posted:

So you're jumping on a vote for beet after this:

That's very defensive of you!

I didn't want to vote earlier because I still think Anidav was acting scummy, but it really looks like Coq hosed up which is a better reason than usual to go for day 1 I guess?

##vote SKY COQ

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Look ok I'll admit the flipping has been somewhat bad play but my whole incentive has been to open up conversation about other options. Which has happened.

I am worth far more to the town alive than dead, and if allowed to live will be a useful bot to have around. Please don't let my death be the first mistake.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Anidav's and Mill's earlier posting could all be an elaborate faux conflict. For all we know, they're on the same side, which might explain Mill's suddenly changing his vote as we approached hammertime. It could be a double bluff on both of their parts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ANIDAV posted:

Look ok I'll admit the flipping has been somewhat bad play but my whole incentive has been to open up conversation about other options. Which has happened.

I am worth far more to the town alive than dead, and if allowed to live will be a useful bot to have around. Please don't let my death be the first mistake.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

I was about to say--bif usually throws votes around on D1 like they're going out of fashion.

Thank you. To say nothing of the fact that she's taken a long post to hide OMGUSing me.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
This is a reeeeally quick bandwagon. I can put this down to being due to the fact we have 1.5 hours left, and also people getting home from work, but I'm still not convinced.

SKY COQ posted:

This is a very...anidav post.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Did you just do an Anidav unironically?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Yes very funny.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Now even you are coining it. Gold.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

...Yup.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

SKY COQ posted:

Anidav? Is that you?

Day 1 role claiming is bad bad not good. Either you're giving scum free information in a panic (buying you maybe a few hours so you avoid a lynch and then get nightkilled anyway?) or it's a desperate lie.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

Thank you. To say nothing of the fact that she's taken a long post to hide OMGUSing me.

? you said that her not voting is "par for the course". I was actually disagreeing with you.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Anidav's bandwagon was quick too. We have 90 minutes now. There's no time to gently caress around.

You either agree with the reasons for the votes or you don't. Saying that they're happening too quick is a lazy cop-out. Are all six of us scum?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

? you said that her not voting is "par for the course". I was actually disagreeing with you.

Oh, gently caress.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Christ I'm loving this up. Just, look at the people who vote for me, particularly the ones who bandwagon. If I do die, sorry. It's all my fault.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
90 minutes can be a long time. Nobody panic.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mills posted:

Anidav's bandwagon was quick too. We have 90 minutes now. There's no time to gently caress around.

You either agree with the reasons for the votes or you don't. Saying that they're happening too quick is a lazy cop-out. Are all six of us scum?

I didn't say it was too quick, I was saying it was quick. And there are seven people voting Anidav now.

I agree with the reasons to vote Coq, but I also agree with the reasons to vote Anidav.

:shrug: the momentum seems to be going with Coq at the moment so ##vote Sky Coq

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Consider that Gaspy has said in the OP that "Transformers have cool abilities, and so do you." This could likely be another role madness game, where the roles are of greatly varying utility, but they're spread out quite a bit. So to anyone who has a role and is getting wrongfully lynched in the future, consider if your role sucks or not, and if it's really worth freaking out and revealing everything the moment momentum turns your way

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok look before we hammer let me sit down at a keyboard and do a proper effort post. I wanna Sherlock this poo poo.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

So I guess it's between Sky Coq and Anidav. Well, I think I've gotta vote for the guy who posted

Anidav posted:

-Last post of the day-

and then subsequently went on to make 16 more posts

##vote Anidav

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
##unvote

Well gently caress. Can't say I'm too suss on coq either. My gut feeling is that they're both town, and coq is a better player than anidav. But we gotta lynch. I'm at trivia so need to put my phone away but I'll be back to help with the lynch just before 9pm if the hammer hasn't dropped.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

So I guess it's between Sky Coq and Anidav. Well, I think I've gotta vote for the guy who posted

and then subsequently went on to make 16 more posts

##vote Anidav

Yes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's not my fault TOML people wanted to hear more from me.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

poo poo poo poo poo poo. My girlfriend's taking me out for a nice dinner in a trendy suburb. How dare she. I may not have time for Gaspy-level analysis.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

SKY COQ posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo. My girlfriend's taking me out for a nice dinner in a trendy suburb. How dare she. I may not have time for Gaspy-level analysis.

Now you're just running out the clock, friend.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Can I just say, though, that if it does come down to me and Anidav, obviously my vote is with him purely for self-preservation. So ##vote Anidav with the hope of getting into more detail before the deadline.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Coq probably makes a better d1 because of his antics... But you could say the same about anidav.

Coqs white noise post I picked him up o and his vote for me is the sussest thing he has done, but he followed Tirade with the vote and it wasn't a terrible, if inaccurate argument.

Anidav is just the lol option, obviously.

I'm also interested in some of what Mith had to say about silent posters. What are dj-bbq or milky or hidden movement doing?(that's only to name three, mith has commented on over half the player list so far!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

Hey good idea townie. If scum have a tracker they can keep an eye on you now.

This first day role claiming poo poo is just nuts. First you then coq. It's like you're playing from the same sheet.

• Locked thread