Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It's not my fault TOML people wanted to hear more from me.

No actually, we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo. My girlfriend's taking me out for a nice dinner in a trendy suburb. How dare she. I may not have time for Gaspy-level analysis.

Oh lol nice timing.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

No actually, we didn't.

Matthew Beet posted:

Hey good idea townie. If scum have a tracker they can keep an eye on you now.

This first day role claiming poo poo is just nuts. First you then coq. It's like you're playing from the same sheet.

drat, Beet. You're spitting out some super hot fire over here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (8): Anidav, Anidav, Mills, Small Keating, Anidav, Bifauxnen, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Milky Moor, Splode, Mithranderp
Anidav (7): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, SKY COQ
Mills (1): hiddenmovement
Matthew Beet (0): Tirade, SKY COQ, Tirade, SKY COQ
Freudian Slip (0): Mills, Mills
Bifauxnen (0): Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Old Dirty Cumburgs (0): Tirade, Tirade
hiddenmovement (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Milky Moor (0): Tirade, Tirade
Mithranderp (0): Those On My Left, Those On My Left

Not Voting (4): dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Tirade, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 57 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You're obviously scum, you're lying. There's no trendy suburbs in Canberra.

:v:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (8): Anidav, Anidav, Mills, Small Keating, Anidav, Bifauxnen, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Milky Moor, Splode, Mithranderp
Anidav (7): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, SKY COQ
Mills (1): hiddenmovement

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 57 minutes.

We are going to need either some unvotes or some people to show up.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Matthew Beet posted:

No actually, we didn't.

I believe Mith and black_tangled were trying to ask me questions after that post. I also have made a few effort posts since. For the record I thought I was going to die at that point so I would leave it at that but I also believe questions directed at me should be answered because not doing so is twice as scummy. I also note that spitting fire at me is a very nice was of trying to sway the momentum back on to me; Matthew Beet.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I believe Mith and black_tangled were trying to ask me questions after that post. I also have made a few effort posts since. For the record I thought I was going to die at that point so I would leave it at that but I also believe questions directed at me should be answered because not doing so is twice as scummy. I also note that spitting fire at me is a very nice was of trying to sway the momentum back on to me; Matthew Beet.

If it causes you to post like this, it's working.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I think it would be a great shame to lose Grimlock from a transformers game so early

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

No actually, we didn't.

No poo poo. Go and look at the posts he made after that, a few of them are answers to questions from black_tangled but the rest are just unprompted poo poo like

Anidav posted:

Mills is posting as usual and is probably town but I would love some pity from him for once.

I'm not going to pretend to have any solid reads on D1. Sky Coq's posting is a bit spray-and-pray but he's marked himself sufficiently that I expect him to get investigated at some point, and in subsequent days town is going to have very little time for him if he fucks up. But honestly I just don't really want to have to wade through too much more pants-making GBS threads and subsequent "Okay guys sorry guys I'll start posting for real now guys", so if we could dump that poo poo into the airlock on D1 I'd be okay with that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Ok, let's have a look at Anime Dave's posts from today. Maybe we'll find something? Prefacing this by admitting I am overtired as gently caress - hence my poo poo play this evening.

Anidav posted:

Because you guys have a habit of lynching me even when I play good :v:

"I play well." :colbert:

Anidav posted:

Splode continues leading the dickhead brigade against me :shrug:

Verballing Splode for a vote.

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

Hey look, he pulled a Coq.

Anidav posted:

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

Look elsewhere or make a bad day one move. the choice is yours.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

Followed by a fuckload more posts.

Anidav posted:

Gaspy's games have traditionally handpicked roles.

Gently stepping in to make suggestions on the GM's behalf.

Anidav posted:

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

Begging for night help.

Ultimately, he's kind of all over the place and leaning heavily on roleclaiming as a flying transformer of some description. If he doesn't get lynched today, I'd strongly suggest at least watching him at night.

Happy to keep my vote where it is.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

Coq probably makes a better d1 because of his antics... But you could say the same about anidav.

Coqs white noise post I picked him up o and his vote for me is the sussest thing he has done, but he followed Tirade with the vote and it wasn't a terrible, if inaccurate argument.

Anidav is just the lol option, obviously.

I'm also interested in some of what Mith had to say about silent posters. What are dj-bbq or milky or hidden movement doing?(that's only to name three, mith has commented on over half the player list so far!)

DJ-BBQ has three posts, no votes, no contributions.
Milky has a few posts, hardly any more than three words, and 2 bandwagon votes with no other discussion.
Cumbags is very similar (though has increased posts since I first mentioned them)
hiddenmovement--didn't have PMs enabled so didn't know their role. Kinda understandable that they've not been able to contribute much; however, they also voted mills before they even got their PMs enabled?
There's also Gwynplaine and whatsfordinner who have posted, but not voted or contributed much or at all.
Katdelacour hasn't posted much either
Freudian Slip has 2 posts, one of which was voting Anidav (FS did say he wouldn't post much)
MysticalMachineGun has posted all white noise, one vote for Anidav
B_T has posted a bit, but without saying much at all
TOML hasn't posted a huge amount either (bit of white noise with the exception of his latest post)

So yeah it's like half the player list, so :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It was a joke / burn to do with how quickly the vote got up on you. Don't hurt yourself over thinking it there buddy.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

Milky has a few posts, hardly any more than three words, and 2 bandwagon votes with no other discussion.
Cumbags is very similar (though has increased posts since I first mentioned them)
hiddenmovement--didn't have PMs enabled so didn't know their role. Kinda understandable that they've not been able to contribute much; however, they also voted mills before they even got their PMs enabled?
There's also Gwynplaine and whatsfordinner who have posted, but not voted or contributed much or at all.
Freudian Slip has 2 posts, one of which was voting Anidav (FS did say he wouldn't post much)
TOML hasn't posted a huge amount either (bit of white noise with the exception of his latest post)

I'd like to apologize for my lack of posting earlier by confessing that I had to pick up some medicine from the post office, and that I am in a different time zone. But I completely understand your point.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don't forget the part where I actually am being helpful

I fully support Mith's investigation provided she isn't a false shepherd. These silent poster should be looked into and encouraged to post more constructively. I once again state that it's incredibly hard to find if there is actually quiet scum or if there is merely a block of townies occupied with a day job. Given this game started at the near beginning of week; posts should increase as it draws closer to the weekend. From there we can see if the silent posters have anything to say at all. If it's nothing much then it's up to familiarity with the player itself to deem the level of sussness.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

We need 3 more votes to lynch Sky Coq
and 4 more votes to lynch Anidav

There are 4 people not voting at this stage (dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Tirade, whats for dinner) and hiddenmovement has a vote on Mills that he'll probably move at some point.

So chances are we're going to lynch Sky Coq. Whatever, that's fine, but if you didn't vote for Anidav today you're kind of waiving your right to complain about his posting later on.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Oh and Small Keating was a bit absent too, he says due to work. A bit of white noise, but made some decent points in his vote for coq.

Anidav posted:

I was asking you A question which you failed to answer the first time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

my stupid posting will decrease after day 1, I pledge by my robo-blood.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Coq seems suss, Anidav is still awful at this game, and I'm happy to vote for either if we need the numbers. I'm really concerned that we won't get a lynch today and will just sit on our asses while scum picks us off.
Tomorrow I'll be having a closer look at who put the breaks on the Anidav train and what their motives were.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

I was asking you A question which you failed to answer the first time.

If you were not satisfied with my answer back there, could you please point out why and I'll be happy to improve my answer for you.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
If we string up Anidav and they are scum, I'm still convinced Mills should probably be next. If we do that, that will be two scum in two days. Minus whoever gets night killed. Which I am suspecting at this stage, will be me.

If Anidav is innocent we can definitely string up Coq the next day. A guaranteed scum lynch in two days of play seems like a good deal.

Either vote will be productive in my opinion. Probably going to flip a coin, personally.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Gwynplaine posted:

If we string up Anidav and they are scum, I'm still convinced Mills should probably be next. If we do that, that will be two scum in two days. Minus whoever gets night killed. Which I am suspecting at this stage, will be me.

If Anidav is innocent we can definitely string up Coq the next day. A guaranteed scum lynch in two days of play seems like a good deal.

Either vote will be productive in my opinion. Probably going to flip a coin, personally.

lol, someones clearly playing their first game

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

If you were not satisfied with my answer back there, could you please point out why and I'll be happy to improve my answer for you.

I did! I asked WHO we should vote for and WHY, and all you said was that we look at the people who voted for you with no comment or an emoticon. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and figured you didn't want to name names because you didn't want to OMGUS, but at this point it's moot because I've done all your work for you :colbert:.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm glad you responded, i was a little suss on you for calling out half the thread (basically it could look like you're trying to actively scum hunt without achieving anything)

So anyway these bolded ones area really good pickups.

Mithranderp posted:

So excluding just the low content posts there can be reasons for this, there's these three.

Milky bandwagoning twice and being low on the post count.
Hidden Movement voting mills without even knowing his role or alignment(!)
MMG, i picked this up too

Milky, it's suss but not as much as Hidden Movement voting without allegedly knowing his role. That said it's day 1 it could have just been a joke vote. MMG has been very 'fade into the background'.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He is. Also isn't he Gaspy's brother?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

I would be happy with getting a lynching on a lurker instead of either Coq or Anidav. I think they both deserve the attention they're getting, but that'll just leave us some more business to get to on D2. Are enough people around to switch your votes in under minutes, though? I guess it'll have to be the other way around - see who's still lurking by D2.

Anidav has gone a bit further with pushing the roleclaim, but both of you have already let the cats out of the bag to say "oh gosh, my role is just so important and useful," so I'll ask both of you - do you believe your role is probably worth keeping around more than what the other guy might have? Keep in mind that roles may not exactly be uncommon here anyway.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Anidav has gone a bit further with pushing the roleclaim, but both of you have already let the cats out of the bag to say "oh gosh, my role is just so important and useful," so I'll ask both of you - do you believe your role is probably worth keeping around more than what the other guy might have? Keep in mind that roles may not exactly be uncommon here anyway.

na, dont do this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

*under 40 minutes, went to go check and I had to change it but deleted it again by accident somehow

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

My suss detector is going off the loving charts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

na, dont do this

I was hoping for a sort of King Solomon solution.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm glad you responded, i was a little suss on you for calling out half the thread (basically it could look like you're trying to actively scum hunt without achieving anything)

So anyway these bolded ones area really good pickups.

So excluding just the low content posts there can be reasons for this, there's these three.

Milky bandwagoning twice and being low on the post count.
Hidden Movement voting mills without even knowing his role or alignment(!)
MMG, i picked this up too

Milky, it's suss but not as much as Hidden Movement voting without allegedly knowing his role. That said it's day 1 it could have just been a joke vote. MMG has been very 'fade into the background'.

Oh and someone please point out if I missed anyone (I did that little list while eating dinner so was slightly distracted by food)

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Gwynplaine posted:

This is probably the all-time best-ever first-game post I've seen as far as HOW NOT TO PLAY mafia. Honestly, in the last 6-7 years of playing, I have never seen worse.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
30 minutes to go and it looks like the silent posters are going to stay silent. Very annoying.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

I did! I asked WHO we should vote for and WHY, and all you said was that we look at the people who voted for you with no comment or an emoticon. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and figured you didn't want to name names because you didn't want to OMGUS, but at this point it's moot because I've done all your work for you :colbert:.

At the time the bus on me was too many to count, my suss list was still in the oven at that point. I'm on the same page as you though, low post counts, emoticon voting are both things that do not add to town constructively. I do repeat you are on the right track. I am the inventor of team silent and hate them forever.

Anyway, my suss list in no particular order.

- Milky Moor Low content, light attempts of role play (waiting for data? watching in the shadows?)

- Katdelacour I know nothing about this poster and want to know more.

- Gwynplaine A question nagging me is if Gaspy would be a joker enough to make his own brother(?) scum

- TOML Low content, returns at night to sway the train. Probably busy as gently caress but you can never be too sure

- Splode I would love to see him post more and not so much about me. If my style angers him; I am sorry.

- whatsfordinner Usually has something more to say by now. I'm not holding him against the clock but he was a tad more active in his last game.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
##vote Anidav

I'll switch to coq if needed at the end, but of the two anidav is the more annoying poster.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Gaspy got all the brains.

## vote Anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Honestly I am looking forward to seeing the results of the lynch, but not as much as I am looking forward to seeing whether someone gets modkilled for talking about Mafia in the chat thread after hammer. :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

:(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

##vote Anidav

I'll switch to coq if needed at the end, but of the two anidav is the more annoying poster.

You're switching fairly often, did you need time between votes to wash the blood from your hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

At the time the bus on me was too many to count, my suss list was still in the oven at that point. I'm on the same page as you though, low post counts, emoticon voting are both things that do not add to town constructively. I do repeat you are on the right track. I am the inventor of team silent and hate them forever.

Anyway, my suss list in no particular order.

- Milky Moor Low content, light attempts of role play (waiting for data? watching in the shadows?)

- Katdelacour I know nothing about this poster and want to know more.

- Gwynplaine A question nagging me is if Gaspy would be a joker enough to make his own brother(?) scum

- TOML Low content, returns at night to sway the train. Probably busy as gently caress but you can never be too sure

- Splode I would love to see him post more and not so much about me. If my style angers him; I am sorry.

- whatsfordinner Usually has something more to say by now. I'm not holding him against the clock but he was a tad more active in his last game.

The first real good post out of you today...

.. 26 minutes before deadline.

• Locked thread