Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think lynching Anidav will be a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right, might as well stick with option 1. Did anyone else have anything to add? I'll switch votes to Anidav, just paranoid that someone will drop their next-to-last vote the same time as me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Like that, that sounds like an important thing to add!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's day one, not all of my posts can be good; not yet. I need time to cook. Please forgive me for not laying golden eggs yet.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Oh btw are we allowed to pm each other or does all communications have to be in this thread for all to see

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I was born on a stormy spring eve to two starcrossed rangas. I never stood a chance.

I don't know what to do except read and try to digest suss feelings that are scummy or townies trying too hard. It's tough but I stand by my vote for you for now because ??? I guess coq is suss too but I just have a better vibe about you.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hiddenmovement posted:

Oh btw are we allowed to pm each other or does all communications have to be in this thread for all to see

Do not PM other players. You may only pm me.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Mills is that a new contender for best newbie post?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Mills posted:

Naturally.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

black_tangled posted:

Mills is that a new contender for best newbie post?

Nope. Simple rules misunderstanding.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mills posted:

Nope. Simple rules misunderstanding.

You are no fun.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I honestly hope Gwyn flips scum down the line and it was a big joke post.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm still laughing. I'm going to put it in the mafia discussion thread later.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I was born on a stormy spring eve to two starcrossed rangas. I never stood a chance.

I don't know what to do except read and try to digest suss feelings that are scummy or townies trying too hard. It's tough but I stand by my vote for you for now because ??? I guess coq is suss too but I just have a better vibe about you.

I seriously have never encountered you before. Please do not misread this as sussness.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mills posted:

The best way to congratulate Anidav for his achievement in the last game is to turbo-lynch him D1 in this game.

Mills posted:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

At the time the bus on me was too many to count, my suss list was still in the oven at that point. I'm on the same page as you though, low post counts, emoticon voting are both things that do not add to town constructively. I do repeat you are on the right track. I am the inventor of team silent and hate them forever.

Anyway, my suss list in no particular order.

- Milky Moor Low content, light attempts of role play (waiting for data? watching in the shadows?)

- Katdelacour I know nothing about this poster and want to know more.

- Gwynplaine A question nagging me is if Gaspy would be a joker enough to make his own brother(?) scum

- TOML Low content, returns at night to sway the train. Probably busy as gently caress but you can never be too sure

- Splode I would love to see him post more and not so much about me. If my style angers him; I am sorry.

- whatsfordinner Usually has something more to say by now. I'm not holding him against the clock but he was a tad more active in his last game.

Every single one of these arguments is garbage, but you're reliably terrible. Coq actually seems suss, instead of shockingly incompetent.

You've managed to name a few legitimately suss players, but for entirely daft reasons. Milky has safely joined bandwagons and has done gently caress all low content posting.

YOU LITERALLY HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH KAT THIS MORNING. Did you have a head injury this afternoon?

Don't try and metagame it's embarrassing to watch.

And I have posted heaps and yet mostly refrained from addressing your garbage!

So awful at this :negative:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thanks Coq, but most people can put two posts together out of context.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Mills posted:

I honestly hope Gwyn flips scum down the line and it was a big joke post.

Sorry dude. Just thick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeaaaaah is this all you got? from your trendy suburb?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Splode is just fishing at this point. Please calm down.

Also Mills usually starts off by voting for someone first thing when the game opens because it's the strongest method of getting a reaction immediately. It's a good town move, a surprise attack; even.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (9): Mills, Splode, black_tangled, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Anidav, Splode, Anidav, Mills, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, SKY COQ, Tirade, Gwynplaine
SKY COQ (8): Anidav, Anidav, Mills, Small Keating, Anidav, Bifauxnen, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Milky Moor, Splode, Mithranderp
Mills (1): hiddenmovement
Matthew Beet (0): Tirade, SKY COQ, Tirade, SKY COQ
Freudian Slip (0): Mills, Mills
Bifauxnen (0): Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Old Dirty Cumburgs (0): Tirade, Tirade
hiddenmovement (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Milky Moor (0): Tirade, Tirade
Mithranderp (0): Those On My Left, Those On My Left

Not Voting (2): dj-bbq, whats for dinner

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 16 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Anidav posted:

Splode is just fishing at this point. Please calm down.

Also Mills usually starts off by voting for someone first thing when the game opens because it's the strongest method of getting a reaction immediately. It's a good town move, a surprise attack; even.

You two are certainly looking out for eachother.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Gwynplaine posted:

Sorry dude. Just thick.

I will be patient with you since I won't know if you are telling the truth or not til later.

Big newbie mistakes:

1. Trying to link two unflipped players. Even veterans who try to do this inevitably cause unmitigated disasters. Before you've seen Anidav's flip, you can't say you lynch Mills if he flips scum (for 2 from 2) or Coq if he flips town (for 1 from 2). Just because I like the case on Coq and don't like the case on Anidav, doesn't mean I'm aligned with him. Just because Coq is the other main contender, doesn't mean he has to be scum if Anidav flips town.

2. Assuming you are the automatic NK option because ??? reasons ??? You don't need advice on this one; but it's not true, nor is there any point in thinking it.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

If anyone was on the fence, here is a quick best of Anidav from today:

Anidav posted:

SCUM HERE
##vote SKY COQ

this was the basis of initial vote for sky coq

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

kinda seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black

Anidav posted:

Day 1 is full of jokes and white noise and I thought my angel numbers post was pretty funny. I'd be worried about Auspol if Day 1 wasn't full of poo poo.

lol its all jokes

Anidav posted:

Looks like Gaspy's mafia games are cursed.

##vote Anidav

This will be the second Transformers Mafia where you guys have done this. It is a bad move.

self vote, very town

Anidav posted:

Joke killing me is anti-town a death that will mean nothing. For one, yeah I know you guys from the last game have a loose voting finger to vote for me where you failed to do so before but do you really thing Gaspy would make it that easy for you? To make me scum twice in a row? Realistically, it isn't the case.

Look elsewhere or make a bad day one move. the choice is yours.

##unvote

-Last post of the day-

GUYZ I AM SUPER IMPORTANT

-Last post of the day-

No, no it wasn't.

Anidav posted:

Gaspy's games have traditionally handpicked roles.

Erm... k?

Anidav posted:

Speaking of nightkilling, Can I get a protector so I can fly?

HALP ME, I really have a great role I promise

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

You two are certainly looking out for eachother.

I'm just familiar with what he does, are you?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Matthew Beet posted:

yeaaaaah is this all you got? from your trendy suburb?

This was my artisanal hotdog.

I'm not going to make it to a keyboard before hammer. Just highlighting Mills total reversal based on some undeniably crap posting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well, it's getting close enough now, looks like there aren't enough takers for Team Coq

##vote Anidav

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I see a lot of declared votes for Anidav. Is there any point in me arguing for Coq still? Will anyone change their mind? Or can I go have a pot noodle and a wank.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Anidav is annoying as gently caress, let's not deny it, but are we really going to pick Anidav over Coq, who has posted nothing except "oh, it could be anyone, maybe Anidav, Bif, maybe Mills, maybe Cumburgs" then, "ooh Beet, what a good suggestion someone else has made, let's jump on that!", then nothing except flapping and white noise. He is as scummy as can be. Why trade what is likely to be a boring old town lynch on Anidav for potentially flustered scum?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh well, you guys will once again regret this and black_tangled is probably scum. A dog with a jawlock.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Once again, I really wish people would stop being like MAN, THAT MILKY CHARACTER, NOT SAYING MUCH, HMMMMM?

It's Day 1. We all have nothing to contribute beyond bandwagoning Coq or Anidav. I've placed my vote. Stop pretending there's any room for actual analysis at this point.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Anidav posted:

Oh well, you guys will once again regret this and black_tangled is probably scum. A dog with a jawlock.

You don't help yourself with the holier-than-thou attitude. People get poo poo wrong. They're learning.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Beet, would you consider switching?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

And black_tangled reminds me of BCR in that game where he was Scum with beet. alot of barking and biting JUST TO GET THAT LYNCH

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I dunno man scum or town I'd rather play with people who keep track of the players they have directly quoted and cast aspersions at.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Apologies for a lack of afternoon/evening posts, been babysitting and now the 2 3 year olds are in bed :3:

Happy to stick with my vote for Anidav. His posts have been all over the place, throwing accusations, and pleading for protection.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

Nice omgus dude :thumbsup:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Small Keating posted:

Anidav is annoying as gently caress, let's not deny it, but are we really going to pick Anidav over Coq, who has posted nothing except "oh, it could be anyone, maybe Anidav, Bif, maybe Mills, maybe Cumburgs" then, "ooh Beet, what a good suggestion someone else has made, let's jump on that!", then nothing except flapping and white noise. He is as scummy as can be. Why trade what is likely to be a boring old town lynch on Anidav for potentially flustered scum?

I agree that Coq may be the better choice, but isn't trying to flip it now looking more like angling for a no-lynch?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

His posts have been all over the place, throwing accusations, and pleading for protection.

Please elaborate on "all over the place" because "throwing accusations" is normal town behaviour and "pleading for protection" is normal town behaviour for someone about to be lynched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree that Coq may be the better choice, but isn't trying to flip it now looking more like angling for a no-lynch?

I'll flip with you to Anidav at 8:58 PM. That's enough to lynch him.

Let's try and convince people Coq is smarter til then?

• Locked thread