Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CapitalistPig posted:

Stop flailing meinberg

fuuuuuuu

Hm, this is a compelling argument. But I don't feel like bolding anything at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nice scumslip CPig, you used the wrong font. :smug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Abyssal Squid just accidentally sent me a link to the scumdoc so I know who the scums are, we can start with EP and then hang squid tomorrow followed by meinberg and finally chili

game solved gg

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

Nice scumslip CPig, you used the wrong font. :smug:

Oh please, Mr. Scum Font Expert, what the proper font for announcing your scum affiliation over PM is. I'm sure you have lots of experience from all the scum PMs you send. Because you're scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Gabriel Pope posted:

Oh please, Mr. Scum Font Expert, what the proper font for announcing your scum affiliation over PM is. I'm sure you have lots of experience from all the scum PMs you send. Because you're scum.

Comic Sans

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
see?!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QzNwioha9Lg2wTBYJg_QIvZmRx1QxJV-k1iKwy-yaFI/edit?usp=sharing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's not real. I'm scum so I've seen the real one and it's totally different :colbert:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

That's not real. I'm scum so I've seen the real one and it's totally different :colbert:

Trap Sprung!

##vote opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pig I'm not sure about this bussing plan of yours, come back to the scumdoc so we can discuss it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Pig I'm not sure about this bussing plan of yours, come back to the scumdoc so we can discuss it

I dont have access to the real one SCUM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh right, I get it :forkbomb:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I think this is the most effort I have ever seen you put into a game. Amazing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is the most effort I have ever seen you put into a game. Amazing.

Just joking around which is what is supposed to loving happen early in day 1.

not all that serious bullshit.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Just pig bein' pig

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Yeah I realise Mafia is a game about nitpicking every turn of phrase but this seems kind of extreme

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AXE COP posted:

Yeah I realise Mafia is a game about nitpicking every turn of phrase but this seems kind of extreme

Everyone has been recently trying to eliminate jokephase entirely and I wont stand for it.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Deadline in 5 hoursish?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Glockenapfel posted:

Deadline in 5 hoursish?

So according to votefinder you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

its 1 day and 5 hours

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Pig have you played more? Tell us more adventures in skyrim.

I tried to open up my copy last night but got a weird error. I'll try to fix it later.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Pig have you played more? Tell us more adventures in skyrim.

I tried to open up my copy last night but got a weird error. I'll try to fix it later.

Too bad I haven't played yet since last night.

But its super scummy of you to try to keep jokephase going. only scum wants jokephase to continue we need to SCUMHUNT people!

##vote asiina

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

So according to votefinder you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

its 1 day and 5 hours

I fail at calendaring. On the plus side, I can blissfully sleep away the rest of the day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Too bad I haven't played yet since last night.

But its super scummy of you to try to keep jokephase going. only scum wants jokephase to continue we need to SCUMHUNT people!

##vote asiina

It was a very serious question.

Only scum would try to gain an edge on this game by actually playing skyrim. The fact that you didn't go back to it means you are confirmed town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

It was a very serious question.

Only scum would try to gain an edge on this game by actually playing skyrim. The fact that you didn't go back to it means you are confirmed town.

Certainly seems like something scum would say

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
At this point I'll cast my vote but I'll be coming back to reconsider before the day is over. The only post that imo could be perceived as scummy, that ALSO gave me a weird gut feeling, was when Chili came in and kind of did the old "Oooo, town AGAIN! Well then, three whole years! Now about that Better Call Saul..." It just doesn't make sense on a lot of levels - it sounds overly contrived - I would think any legitimate townie would see that as too suspicious a thing to say, while any scum would be too stupid to say it, especially for Chili if he has been playing 3+ years? I don't know. Although voting Chili will tie up first place - what does this mean? Someone else can hammer it home, but what if there is a tie? Do they both die or both live? ##vote Chili

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh so, it takes ten votes for a lynch to occur and days can end without an execution, ok. I see. That's pretty safe.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What is the case on Chili? It looks like various newbs are jumping on him for something that I genuinely am unaware of. Someone whanna clarify for me?

Pig, what's with the sudden burst of goofiness? It felt like you were kinda playing the game and then stopped to jump back into old Pig style posting.

Also, rarity trying to present her own meta is massively scummy to me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

It felt like you were kinda playing the game

I don't know about that, prove it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I don't really see the case on Chili. Rarityvote is a good vote for d1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

Accidental is in quotes because it's not actually accidental, it is deliberate on Rarity's part, but she wants it to look like an accidental flavor reveal.

It doesn't read to me as either fake-accidental or real-accidental.

I also don't understand the flavour arguments around that character since I haven't played Skyrim. Some people think the flavour is firmly town and some people think it is scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It doesn't read to me as either fake-accidental or real-accidental.

I also don't understand the flavour arguments around that character since I haven't played Skyrim. Some people think the flavour is firmly town and some people think it is scum?

one of the subplots in the game is that there is a civil war between the Empire and the rebel Stormcloaks. that would be an obvious choice for a two scumteam game, but, it's not very likely, entirely because the character Rarity claimed is a soldier for the Empire. If the game is Town vs. Empire vs. Stormcloaks, then Rarity claiming an imperial soldier is like her claiming "I'm a godfather what does that mean?" in her first post.

So, to me at least, there is no way that's actually the case, meaning, again just to me, if Rarity is scum then her claim is more likely fake than real.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't know about that, prove it.

You called out a couple things you had opinions on (such as my post being scummy)

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

one of the subplots in the game is that there is a civil war between the Empire and the rebel Stormcloaks. that would be an obvious choice for a two scumteam game, but, it's not very likely, entirely because the character Rarity claimed is a soldier for the Empire. If the game is Town vs. Empire vs. Stormcloaks, then Rarity claiming an imperial soldier is like her claiming "I'm a godfather what does that mean?" in her first post.

So, to me at least, there is no way that's actually the case, meaning, again just to me, if Rarity is scum then her claim is more likely fake than real.

Thanks for clarifying this - for the record I'm also unfamiliar with Skyrim mythos, I've played only Morrowind and Oblivion, and forget much of those plots anyway.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I hereby volunteer as the go-to "what does this mean" person re: skyrim even if I die sometime. I am a huge dork about it so I might as well put myself to good use.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

You called out a couple things you had opinions on (such as my post being scummy)

Cats!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Good Sir posted:

Thanks for clarifying this - for the record I'm also unfamiliar with Skyrim mythos, I've played only Morrowind and Oblivion, and forget much of those plots anyway.

So who's going to be the first of us to achieve CHIM and win the game by mod killing all their rivals

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AXE COP posted:

So who's going to be the first of us to achieve CHIM and win the game by mod killing all their rivals

Ewww stop being such a nerd.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AXE COP posted:

the First Step in the Voting Ways is to get rid of Rarity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco your case is really, really reaching into setup spec. I am absolutely not buying it.

Instead of just saying "this is the best we have for 24 hours into D1" why don't you comment on some of the other people who have been talking.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

One of several two-sided subplots. I could name a half dozen (at least) possible two-scum set-ups based off of the game. I don't like the case because it assumes that Rarity as scum in a flavor-heavy game decided to claim a character, and that's the whole case. You've planted your flag here, and it's just not a hill to me. In fact, for a while I didn't understand why you'd even make that conclusion.

The two-team set-up raises issues, because scum can, if they wish, actively and fully scum hunt because they know there are scum out there. But it's also a trap for them, one I think that Ecco's fallen into. She cased Rarity for claiming her provided fakeclaim here:

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote rarity

straight up she just scumclaimed. she got a fakeclaim because she's a scumbo and she's trying to slip that fakeclaim "accidentally" to make it seem legitimate.

let's do this toot toot

Not that it was a fake claim she made, but that it was a mod-provided fake claim, full stop.

EccoRaven posted:

which is why it's a good mod-given fakeclaim?

this is not a very good defense byers!

Then, when she realizes that she made a mental mistake and asserted that scum got a fakeclaim when there was no evidence as such for town to think that, she began to try and backfill that reasoning:

EccoRaven posted:

also fyi

there's two scumteams, so, just everyone keep that in mind. but that's why scum getting neutral town fakeclaims is even more likely.

Ecco as a scum got a fake claim. Ecco thought Rarity was on the other scum team, claiming a mod-provided fakeclaim. But her initial jump was predicated on knowing that the mod provided fakeclaims, and later tried to cover up that blunder. In essence, the two-team format tripped her up.

##vote Ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Ecco your case is really, really reaching into setup spec. I am absolutely not buying it.

Instead of just saying "this is the best we have for 24 hours into D1" why don't you comment on some of the other people who have been talking.

What if it's not setup spec, but a setup scum slip? Ecco knows scum got fake claims from the mod, because tehre's one in her PM!

• Locked thread