Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

the flavor of the urn and the coins suggests I'm almost out of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you used it twice, but only one coin has disappeared? I don't know what you conclude from that, but I conclude you're lying to try and get out of being considered for the vote.

i must be unclear here

1st time use: two coins mentioned in flavor, drink, night ends

2nd time use: one coin mentioned in flavor, drink, night ends

the intimation imo is that between 1 and 2 th ecoin left

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did you investigate this urn?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, we need to lynch Taste. He is, at best, a lylo liability.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i feel like that's teetering on the discussion of active games outside of it

but yeah there's a difference between a weird item in a weird item game and a brainwashed survivalist with a million one shots

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i did not investigate, i used it as soon as I had it and then got locked into last night's use

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

i feel like that's teetering on the discussion of active games outside of it

but yeah there's a difference between a weird item in a weird item game and a brainwashed survivalist with a million one shots

You can have that discussion inside this game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I didn't need the discussion thread to know that. He just won a game we played together with the most illogical fake claim ever. That's why I'm not buying his "I must be dying" bullshit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let me be 100% honest

I have lied about things in this game for my own benefit

the fact I think I am dying is not one of them

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm voting you. I suggest we all vote you.

You have done nothing to help us find scum. You will continue to do nothing to help us find scum. You took a litany of items and did nothing helpful with them at any point in the game.

You are, at best, the player scum advocates we lynch to lose the game in lylo. That is the absolute best possible situation for you in this game. I'm lynching you right now instead of letting that risk go into lylo.

I admittedly have no idea what alignment you are right now. I will figure it out on your flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

let me be 100% honest

I have lied about things in this game for my own benefit

the fact I think I am dying is not one of them

I will be voting Taste through deadline. If he's alive tomorrow, I will vote him again, not read anything, and continue voting him through deadline. This will continue until he's dead, I'm dead or the game is over.

This is ridiculous.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lynch me if I'm alive tomorrow, so i can divest of my items?

I'll even vote for myself

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk I'm serious, I'll vote myself and not post anything else if I'm alive tomorrow. I just want to get rid of these items

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

how many scum do you think are left, if you're including me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
TT can you list you actions every night from the start of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653154&pagenumber=448#post441687036

This is where I am. He needs to die right now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The fact that you "think" you are dying does not mean you are, TT.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Tremendous Taste posted:

merk I'm serious, I'll vote myself and not post anything else if I'm alive tomorrow. I just want to get rid of these items

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I didn't need the discussion thread to know that. He just won a game we played together with the most illogical fake claim ever. That's why I'm not buying his "I must be dying" bullshit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lemme check my pms

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why aren't you voting him then?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Why would I believe you?

You just admitted to lying for your own personal gain, you've said you're not going to scum hunt because that's not how you play the game and now you're making bargains to try and stay alive.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ras, can you explain how me thinking TNL was town and not wanting to lynch him makes me scum?
I think I posted in that same read that I think I am wrong about it and the reasons why. I'm not even sure why I posted it in hindsight, I think it was just on my mind and was talking to myself while eating breakfast.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I ask players in this game to try to limit their posting in this game to posts made in this game! I don't want there to be a separate game happening in another, say, discussion-oriented thread.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I think I posted in that same read that I think I am wrong about it and the reasons why. I'm not even sure why I posted it in hindsight, I think it was just on my mind and was talking to myself while eating breakfast.

What kind of breakfast did you have?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##unvote
##vote TT

I'm still vaguely suspicious of Keane and merk, but the fact that they didn't claimed confirmed masons makes it a lot less clear.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't really need the discussion thread meta to vote TT. He's been openly anti-town for ~3 game days now but people seem to ignore him or won't compromise.

If you go back and look at Amoeba's post history, he actually sat there and tunneled TT for something like two game days.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

wins32767 posted:

What kind of breakfast did you have?

scrambled eggs and sausage. My girlfriend put a little too much Tabasco sauce in the eggs though yowzas.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I am fine with the turbos.

##vote TT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

n0-investigate statue
n1- use statue, vision
n2- investigate coin, it's jacked
n3- use ukelele, others jacked
n4- give uke f_v, give ring tnl, get items diq
n5- use urn
n6- force used urn

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why would I believe you?

You just admitted to lying for your own personal gain, you've said you're not going to scum hunt because that's not how you play the game and now you're making bargains to try and stay alive.

my win condition is likelier to achieve if i get rid of all my items

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's not your obligation but it's polite seeing as i gave you that uke

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You gave TNL the ring that he was worried about, and you didn't claim it in thread when he said he was worried about it?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tremendous Taste posted:

my win condition is likelier to achieve if i get rid of all my items

cya

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah I figured out the ring I got probably wasn't from you because it didn't have a ruby on it. It's covered in text and tells an unfinished story about a king. I divined it but again based on the flavor I got the impression that it has a use beyond what I gleamed from it. Flavor practically spells out that there's more to it than I found out.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Meh he's just trolling now. Not even worth the effort of dismantling his claim.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

You gave TNL the ring that he was worried about, and you didn't claim it in thread when he said he was worried about it?

I claimed it in thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

The ring I got is described as golden with letters scrawled all over it. I divined it and was told that the text describes the story of a king who got in a conflict with the local assassin's guild and commissioned this ring to keep himself safe. He went on to crush a rebellion, consolidate his power, and.... the story ends abruptly. Pretty ominous. The function I divined is that it makes its user immune to being killed for the night that it is worn (this is explicitly stated outside of just flavor). However the flavor does mention that the ring is enchanted to keep any harm from coming to it or even to keep its very existence secret, and goes on to suggest strongly that there's probably more to this ring than meets the eye.Needless to say I didn't wear the ring and I don't recommend that anyone else wear it. Nobody claimed they gave it to me so I'm almost completely positive it came from scum and has some kind of drawback.

• Locked thread