Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm also concerned by whats for dinner and hidden movement charging in with the hammer when it looked like people were going to switch for Coq and change the lynch in the last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Splode posted:

I'm also concerned by whats for dinner and hidden movement charging in with the hammer when it looked like people were going to switch for Coq and change the lynch in the last minute.

Yep good point.

Milky I don't get what you mean by protecting Tirade?

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Last minute hammer votes from hidden movement and WFD looking mighty sketch.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Alright, so, who protected Tirade?

##vote Tirade

You got a reason for this post?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

so Coq's looking way better for a lynch mob now, but I'd like to look at this as well:

whats for dinner posted:

Sorry, coaching newbies.

##vote anidav

I'll effort post on this tomorrow morning

looking forward to hearing this soon. it better be good, when you were absent for hours to finally swoop in and conveniently make that decision only 3 minutes before hammer, right before I could switch to Coq.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

black_tangled posted:

Oh poo poo, two watchers.

Whoops. Andidav was a Tracker.

I've :siren:edited the post!:siren:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

##vote Tirade

Waiting to hear this one explained before I share my suspicions.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

so Coq's looking way better for a lynch mob now, but I'd like to look at this as well:

looking forward to hearing this soon. it better be good, when you were absent for hours to finally swoop in and conveniently make that decision only 3 minutes before hammer, right before I could switch to Coq.

I'm offline until 12, looking forward to this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

##vote Tirade

could it be a matter of you being blocked rather than Tirade being protected?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Bifauxnen posted:

Pressure's on

I voted for anidav because I was really suss on how he seemed to be begging for people to expend night actions on him using vague, flavour-y roleclaims.

He could've had a cop investigate him, a doctor protect him, a vigilante try and kill him and who knows what else with how many roles there could be. And a single scum watcher would've been able to see all of those people and had a great list of night kill after night kill for the scumdoc, from one night action.

He might have flipped town, but even then, who knows which power roles were planning on investigating him that could've been seen by a scum watcher. Yes, it sucks that we've lost a watcher (and also one of the coolest characters - rip starscream), but a number of other potential power roles have been protected by him not being an option for night actions.

As for the lateness, I was coaching and noticed at the very last second. In the future, I'm going to make a more considered vote earlier in the day and if I don't get swayed I'll just have to stick with it. Sorry :(

I have no special role insight that I needed overnight to write this post for, it's just that I had to phonepost at the death knell.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Starscream... was town? :psyduck: Everything I knew was a lie.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
:ghost: You guys got double killed power roles for the second Transformers mafia in a row. Bad luck :ghost:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

:ghost: You guys got double killed power roles for the second Transformers mafia in a row. Bad luck :ghost:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/petulant

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

whats for dinner posted:

Pressure's on

I voted for anidav because I was really suss on how he seemed to be begging for people to expend night actions on him using vague, flavour-y roleclaims.

He could've had a cop investigate him, a doctor protect him, a vigilante try and kill him and who knows what else with how many roles there could be. And a single scum watcher would've been able to see all of those people and had a great list of night kill after night kill for the scumdoc, from one night action.

He might have flipped town, but even then, who knows which power roles were planning on investigating him that could've been seen by a scum watcher. Yes, it sucks that we've lost a watcher (and also one of the coolest characters - rip starscream), but a number of other potential power roles have been protected by him not being an option for night actions.

As for the lateness, I was coaching and noticed at the very last second. In the future, I'm going to make a more considered vote earlier in the day and if I don't get swayed I'll just have to stick with it. Sorry :(

I have no special role insight that I needed overnight to write this post for, it's just that I had to phonepost at the death knell.

This is a good rationale, but it you could have just spent some time last night coming up with an excuse after you swooped in to save Coq and the hammer fell.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Starscream... was town? :psyduck: Everything I knew was a lie.

same here, I started reading that flip thinking, "Haha! Suck it Starscream! ...wait, what?"

WFD, that sounds surprisingly reasonable - time will tell if that was your true intent, but in any case it's still Coq on the block for now if it was him you were trying to protect. I'm also interested in this Tirade business though, as the day is young

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

same here, I started reading that flip thinking, "Haha! Suck it Starscream! ...wait, what?"

WFD, that sounds surprisingly reasonable - time will tell if that was your true intent, but in any case it's still Coq on the block for now if it was him you were trying to protect. I'm also interested in this Tirade business though, as the day is young

I'm totally down with lynching Coq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Tirade posted:

You got a reason for this post?

I tried to do a town power role thing to you. I was either blocked (lucky chance) or you were protected by someone (strangely convenient).

Just seems odd that you'd be protected by someone given that you weren't one of the people who claimed a power role yesterday!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning all.

So wtf happened last night? The last minute double on anidav raised my eyebrows. As did the double night kills! No one has mentioned two kills?

I've skimmed over your response WFD.. I'll have to read back later to find a post, I thought someone already called him on the 'asking for protection thing' yesterday. then again i could have imagined it. Anyhow what's your opinion on Coq's behaviour yesterday?

I'm off to a meeting now but should be back on to catch up by lunch. Hopefully Milky has elaborated by then, without anyone else loving roleclaiming.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Also Anidav, get out

Asphyxious posted:

- No Deadposting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky you could've been blocked since you weren't saying much and it looked like you were hiding something juicy (and cause Coq who claimed to have something real loudly is likely scum)

Tirade getting protected (by town anyway) does seem really unlikely though, as he hadn't said much of anything either, blocking you seems more likely.

buuuuut, you could also just be making that up, who knows

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

##vote Tirade

Ok what is with the role claiming in this game? Also milky I'm sure it wasn't your intention but this looks like you're encouraging more role claims.

Role claiming is a bad idea guys, can we not?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

it's still Coq on the block

:laugh:

The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie. There's also the possibility of a serial killer/psycho role occurring. If there's only one night kill tonight then it may have been a one use power.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

I tried to do a town power role thing to you. I was either blocked (lucky chance) or you were protected by someone (strangely convenient).

Just seems odd that you'd be protected by someone given that you weren't one of the people who claimed a power role yesterday!

I think I know what happened, and I'm now pretty confident you're not scum. But use it elsewhere, doofus.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie.

That didn't happen.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

Ok what is with the role claiming in this game? Also milky I'm sure it wasn't your intention but this looks like you're encouraging more role claims.

Role claiming is a bad idea guys, can we not?

And yeah, no one claim doctor or protector or whatever. We cool.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

That didn't happen.

OK Boss

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

whats for dinner posted:

This is my excuse for my absence yesterday arvo / night, work got sick nasty, plus I'm a cold, logical kind of guy, and need some datas before jumping on the :bandwagon:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

dj-bbq posted:

This is my excuse for my absence yesterday arvo / night, work got sick nasty, plus I'm a cold, logical kind of guy, and need some datas before jumping on the :bandwagon:

Always be voting.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Tirade posted:

Always be voting.

Blatant scum right here.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie. There's also the possibility of a serial killer/psycho role occurring. If there's only one night kill tonight then it may have been a one use power.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to analyse Mills and Mith's posts from yesterday to see who they might have pissed off. Not discounting your theory at all.

Frankly shocked to have survived the night after yesterday's abominable play. Again, apologies - I was exhausted and not thinking clearly. TOML nailed it just before hammer last night - I'm stupid, not scum.

Splode posted:

I wasn't totally surprised by this. Re-reading the posts, the momentum as they would have been in posting was definitely towards Anidav, as a few posters were expressing doubt about having the numbers for me.

Milky Moor posted:

That didn't happen.

What else can you tell us?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Morning all.

So wtf happened last night? The last minute double on anidav raised my eyebrows. As did the double night kills! No one has mentioned two kills?

I've skimmed over your response WFD.. I'll have to read back later to find a post, I thought someone already called him on the 'asking for protection thing' yesterday. then again i could have imagined it. Anyhow what's your opinion on Coq's behaviour yesterday?

I'm off to a meeting now but should be back on to catch up by lunch. Hopefully Milky has elaborated by then, without anyone else loving roleclaiming.

Looking over Coq's posts, Coq called him on it but he kept doing it?

Coq's flipping and making mistakes is really weird. He's either town trying a new play or scum, but then there's that YOU WILL REGRET THIS style post which is another one of those really vague roleclaims that encourages people to expend their night actions on him. I'm not going to blame him for having dinner sprung on him (you need all the entertainment you can get in canberra).

Other thing I'm interested in is Tirade's bit about beet "not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth" which is weird because to my eye he clearly was?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Also worth noting: if there was a townie with a nightkill, I'd almost certainly be dead.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

Also worth noting: if there was a townie with a nightkill, I'd almost certainly be dead.

Could be a nightkill that works only on even nights.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

rip me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

Those On My Left posted:

or, they could have figured you'd get lynched anyway, so why waste their power on someone that the town already had their eyes on and easily could take care of the next day? The handy thing about the vig power is you don't need to worry anymore about who's voting where. This way they could also wait to hear you try and explain your ~super helpful role~ first.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

or, they could have figured you'd get lynched anyway, so why waste their power on someone that the town already had their eyes on and easily could take care of the next day? The handy thing about the vig power is you don't need to worry anymore about who's voting where. This way they could also wait to hear you try and explain your ~super helpful role~ first.

At the risk of further muddying the waters, I'd rather not say anything until I have something to report. The information I discovered is already public.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
But if someone on town had a night kill, why let coq live long enough to use a night ability? Wouldnt you just take him out asap if you were sure he was scum?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why waste a night kill when it looks likely that Coq will be the next one lynched? It was neck and neck between him and Anidav at some points yesterday.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

whats for dinner posted:

Looking over Coq's posts, Coq called him on it but he kept doing it?

Coq's flipping and making mistakes is really weird. He's either town trying a new play or scum, but then there's that YOU WILL REGRET THIS style post which is another one of those really vague roleclaims that encourages people to expend their night actions on him. I'm not going to blame him for having dinner sprung on him (you need all the entertainment you can get in canberra).

Other thing I'm interested in is Tirade's bit about beet "not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth" which is weird because to my eye he clearly was?

Beet has been pretty active, maybe not quite as crazy as last game. The YOU WILL REGRET THIS stuff is a huge tell as far as I am concerned.

Why waste a night kill when it looks likely that Coq will be the next one lynched? It was neck and neck between him and Anidav at some points yesterday.

This has the ring of truth to it. I don't know why anybody would blow a night kill on Coq when he was inches from death last night and unless something else comes up is probably due to be clipped this evening.

Going back over Mith's posts: Bif and TOML copped a bit of heat, as did Beet briefly, and more generally there were a few DATA posts in there regarding post counts from the silent players. There was also suspicion about Tirade and Coq voting in a bloc to silence Beet.

As for Mills' posts: a lot of anti-Anidav sentiment early, a couple of unofficial votes for FS and Coq that I have to assume Mills knew were not going to be counted by vote finder and may have been designed to draw out posters quick to jump on the bandwagon. Later in the evening, there was some argy-bargy with Gwyn over newbie posting and a joke about Gwyn flipping scum later, and finally there was a big push for Coq that didn't pan out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Quiet players - hiddenmovement, gwynplaine, dj-bbq - speak up. What are your thoughts about yesterday? Who are you suss on?

• Locked thread