Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Also, EXAKT, if/when Ecco gets lynched, as a Skyrim nerd she should be allowed to post Skyrim lore and poo poo in the thread as a ghost/zombie. It's only fair, and as a penis nerd it's what I did in Men's Health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Byers2142 posted:

Also, EXAKT, if/when Ecco gets lynched, as a Skyrim nerd she should be allowed to post Skyrim lore and poo poo in the thread as a ghost/zombie. It's only fair, and as a penis nerd it's what I did in Men's Health.

Agreed. The contributions to men's health mafia were awesome and made it more fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel like fake claims are pretty standard issue these days, so I dunno. Not really feeling that as a scum slip either.

Committing to this case rather than using it as a starting point for discussion is more the issue I have with Ecco right now. I really want to hear what she has to say on other people.

Also in light of mafia discussion chat, I'm willing to give Squid another day.

##unvote

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Agreed. The contributions to men's health mafia were awesome and made it more fun.

You agree on flavorful posting from the grave, but what about my Ecco case? I think there's something there, she was just so sure when she went after Rarity, and she's filled in the why for that surety after the fact in a manner that seems scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Byers2142 posted:

You agree on flavorful posting from the grave, but what about my Ecco case? I think there's something there, she was just so sure when she went after Rarity, and she's filled in the why for that surety after the fact in a manner that seems scummy.

I am (illegally) posting from my car while stuck at traffic lights. Let me get back to you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I am (illegally) posting from my car while stuck at traffic lights. Let me get back to you.

"Yes, police? I don't know her real name, but fire_valkyrie's texting and driving, so could you ticket her or at least pull her over so she has time to review the thread? Thanks!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cpig is hitting my gut hard. It looks like he's trying to artificially extend jokephase. Sure, he always posts nonsense but this seems like he's trying to actively distract people instead of amuse himself.

##vote Cpig

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Cpig is hitting my gut hard. It looks like he's trying to artificially extend jokephase. Sure, he always posts nonsense but this seems like he's trying to actively distract people instead of amuse himself.

##vote Cpig

Distract people from what? That implies there's something to distract from, instead of just shitposting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:toot: Hi I'm a co-mod. :toot:

Votecount for Day 1

Chili (4): Meinberg, fiery_valkyrie, Abyssal Squid, Good Sir
Abyssal Squid (3): Glockenapfel, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, ShadowGlass, Asiina, Asiina
Rarity (2): EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, Chili, Chili, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): Rarity
Byers2142 (1): Asiina, Glockenapfel, Glockenapfel, Chili, Asiina
EccoRaven (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Byers2142
Asiina (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Opopanax (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Chili, Chili
Epsilon Plus (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Gabriel Pope, Opopanax

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

##vote Cpig

Oh. Cool. Now I can just vote you because you're scum, and not because of the bullshit earlier.

##vote Rarity

I do not believe that you either have, or even believe you have the wherewithal to make the distinction that your claiming between a guy amusing himself and actively distracting people.

Also, you're qualifying oh "hitting my gut hard" is a really good way of putting down a strong opinion but still only base it on your subjectivity.

Rarity is scum 1A

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

I do not believe that you either have, or even believe you have the wherewithal to make the distinction that your claiming between a guy amusing himself and actively distracting people.

I don't even know what this means.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chili, you've never played a game with me so stop insulting my intelligence, you don't know me.

Byers2142 posted:

Distract people from what? That implies there's something to distract from, instead of just shitposting.

There's a couple of cases out there on the table. There's the case on me, the case on Chili, people have been talking about Squid, stuff is start to happen but he's making a whole lot of effort to keep the focus on him being funny.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Asiina posted:

What was that? Can you tl/dr?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

Well I left out an apostorphe and an e, so that's understandable.

Rarity posted:

Chili, you've never played a game with me so stop insulting my intelligence, you don't know me.

This is a pretty great dismissal, not gonna lie. I'm not speaking to your abilities as much as I am globally. I think the distinction you're claiming to be aware is very loving difficult for ANYONE to be aware of. I'd attack anyone for what you said.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

One of several two-sided subplots. I could name a half dozen (at least) possible two-scum set-ups based off of the game.

If Rarity had claimed, say, a member of the Dark Brotherhood, I would be saying the same thing: it almost certainly means the flavor for the scum team isn't Brotherhood vs. Whoever.

It's not particularly relevant to my Rarity case except insofar as the whole game kinda necessitates mod-provided fakeclaims or else the game can be broken by an effective massclaim.

The rest of your case is based around letting it "slip" that I knew Rarity had a fakeclaim because I knew the scum got fakeclaims, but I think if you follow my reasoning you will see it's actually a really sensible assumption to make based on what we know about the game going into it.

Asiina posted:

Instead of just saying "this is the best we have for 24 hours into D1" why don't you comment on some of the other people who have been talking.
If I had something more to say I would, sorry v:shobon:v. I use the "first 24 hours" line entirely because most of the players aren't doing much yet.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I don't either but I think what he's saying is he thinks Rarity is scummy for going after an easy case.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ShadowGlass posted:

What was that? Can you tl/dr?

Basically that new people get called scummy for doing new people things and get murdered for it on D1 and then basically they don't get to learn to not be scummy.

I usually only limit D1 of you first game to giving immunity, but I want to be more lenient if people are struggling.

This isn't saying that I believe Squid is definitely town, just that I want to give him a chance to say more.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

The rest of your case is based around letting it "slip" that I knew Rarity had a fakeclaim because I knew the scum got fakeclaims, but I think if you follow my reasoning you will see it's actually a really sensible assumption to make based on what we know about the game going into it.

Your reasoning came after the fact, is my point. Does it fit logically? Yes. Do I think you had followed that logic path at the time you initially cased/voted Rarity? No.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina is kinda pinging my gut too,

Asiina posted:

Ecco your case is really, really reaching into setup spec. I am absolutely not buying it.

Instead of just saying "this is the best we have for 24 hours into D1" why don't you comment on some of the other people who have been talking.

Asiina posted:

I feel like fake claims are pretty standard issue these days, so I dunno. Not really feeling that as a scum slip either.

Committing to this case rather than using it as a starting point for discussion is more the issue I have with Ecco right now. I really want to hear what she has to say on other people.

##unvote

These feel like they were not written from the same mindset.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Basically that new people get called scummy for doing new people things and get murdered for it on D1 and then basically they don't get to learn to not be scummy.

I usually only limit D1 of you first game to giving immunity, but I want to be more lenient if people are struggling.

This isn't saying that I believe Squid is definitely town, just that I want to give him a chance to say more.

We have a rule about talking about active games elsewhere, but I've always felt like the discussion thread should be included. Because you're now letting a conversation made out there affect how you play in here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

We have a rule about talking about active games elsewhere, but I've always felt like the discussion thread should be included. Because you're now letting a conversation made out there affect how you play in here.

It's more that I've thought about it and am willing to be more open minded.

Sandwolf posted:

Asiina is kinda pinging my gut too,

These feel like they were not written from the same mindset.

How so?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ecco, why does Rarity's claim have to be a mod given fakeclaim. Why is it not possible that it really is her flavour?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Your reasoning came after the fact, is my point. Does it fit logically? Yes. Do I think you had followed that logic path at the time you initially cased/voted Rarity? No.

I am not a logical person, sorry I know this is a shock to you. But the idea that the scum have fakeclaims is something I had going into the game since I wondered what "Fire and Ice" meant when I signed up (since unlike a lot of players I actually read OPs).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ecco, why does Rarity's claim have to be a mod given fakeclaim. Why is it not possible that it really is her flavour?

It's possible, but, if it is then she's town who looked at the warnings in the OP ("your flavor could get you killed, don't claim it!"), and looked at us talking about it in the pre-game ("oh that's interesting we better not do that!"), and said "you know what? I'll do it anyway, to heck with it."

The line between "bad town" and "lying scum" is a fine one but I feel she falls on the scummy side of it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Feels like they weren't written by the same person imo, which makes me think neither is how you really feel.

Like I said, mostly gut.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chili posted:

This is a pretty great dismissal, not gonna lie. I'm not speaking to your abilities as much as I am globally. I think the distinction you're claiming to be aware is very loving difficult for ANYONE to be aware of. I'd attack anyone for what you said.

I'm good at reading people :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

It's possible, but, if it is then she's town who looked at the warnings in the OP ("your flavor could get you killed, don't claim it!"), and looked at us talking about it in the pre-game ("oh that's interesting we better not do that!"), and said "you know what? I'll do it anyway, to heck with it."

The line between "bad town" and "lying scum" is a fine one but I feel she falls on the scummy side of it.

I agree with this.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Actually, that brings up a point.

Rarity, did you ever double down on your role really, truly being Hadvar? It's not just a joke?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Actually, that brings up a point.

Rarity, did you ever double down on your role really, truly being Hadvar? It's not just a joke?

Yeah I'm Hadvar. I don't Skyrim well enough to joke about it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah I'm Hadvar. I don't Skyrim well enough to joke about it.

OK, so why did you claim flavor in a flavor-heavy game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All you new people need to get avatars so I can tell you apart

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

OK, so why did you claim flavor in a flavor-heavy game?

So I could set up a joke. I didn't read the OP that closely.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

All you new people need to get avatars so I can tell you apart

I play without avatars, I never even notice.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

What joke?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

Neither did I but I still knew that flavor is tied to role. And I can't imagine you didn't even google Hadvar on Skyrim wiki before bursting in here shouting your name from the rafters.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

EccoRaven posted:

This is a good analysis. I still would rather do Squid or Chili over Rarity, though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

What joke?

It's not as funny if I have to explain it :argh:

I was asking people if I was cool so people could reply with no.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rarity posted:

It's not as funny if I have to explain it :argh:

I was asking people if I was cool so people could reply with no.

no

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh man that joke is so bad it's sctually making me think she might be town :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

oh man that joke is so bad it's sctually making me think she might be town :(

Ecco Tip #7: Being funny is a scum tell.

• Locked thread