Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Finished just in time for 4:20, how NZesque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nz probably wouldn't be batting like complete turds.

Yeah, this is about it. Small chases have been the undoing of many teams.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The BRW Top 50 sports earner list is out for last year. Guess who was the highest paid cricketer again?

quote:

8 Shane Watson $4.5m

Australia’s highest-paid cricketer

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Scylo posted:

The BRW Top 50 sports earner list is out for last year. Guess who was the highest paid cricketer again?

I'm pretty sure this is the reason he is kept in the team no matter how rubbish he plays, and rushed back in after each injury, because he is paid so much it would be embarrassing for CA to drop him.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

scotland to win the world cup imo

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

nzspambot posted:

scotland to win the world cup imo

By beating Ireland in a super over.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

When there is a tie in a form of cricket they should bust out the next tier down as the decider

If you tie a test, then saddle up you are playing a one dayer, if that is a tie then a T20 and then finally a super over

Faultless plan imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Haha cant believe New Zealand made that look so difficult. Shameful team.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

That was about 5 wickets better than I was expecting.

At least we have an easy game next.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Haha cant believe New Zealand made that look so difficult. Shameful team.

I can't remeber nz ever actually losing to a minnow but I can think of at least 2 occasions in recent memory where england have. :D

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah we've lost to NZ a few times tbf

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Why is there no cricket in this loving world cup?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Playing cricket is an inefficient use of the teams' time. They should concentrate more on promotional events and press conferences.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Those tyres aren't going to sell themselves

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah we've lost to NZ a few times tbf

You'll be losing again soon.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I am kind of liking that the only cricket game today is Bangladesh vs. Afghanistan. As much as I love having the minnows play it would have made a lot more sense not to have that be your only game of the loving day.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Complaints about scheduling is the new complaints about graphics

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There have been some great games already and yet somehow I'm bored of it. The scheduling sucks.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
They screw up the scheduling every time. There's no reason why they can't have two games every day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

EMC posted:

When there is a tie in a form of cricket they should bust out the next tier down as the decider

If you tie a test, then saddle up you are playing a one dayer, if that is a tie then a T20 and then finally a super over

Faultless plan imo

Nah, gently caress the super over. Just apply the "next wicket/boundary" wins rule.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I can't watch on weekdays so the "one-a-day during the week, two-a-day on weekends" scheduling doesn't bother me too much.

I would complain about having to wait six days between England matches but that would suggest I enjoy watching England play cricket.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Two games a day, at the same time, on the same pitch.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

goatface posted:

MULTIBALL!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

runoverbobby posted:

I can't watch on weekdays so the "one-a-day during the week, two-a-day on weekends" scheduling doesn't bother me too much.

I would complain about having to wait six days between England matches but that would suggest I enjoy watching England play cricket.

Nz has some big gaps later because they play 3 games in the first week.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Nah, gently caress the super over. Just apply the "next wicket/boundary" wins rule.

Coin toss. How poetic would it be for McCallum's Blackcaps to lose the semi because of a coin toss.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

goatface posted:

Two pitches but in a cross shape would be the way to do it

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Which is why the drat tournament drags on so long. Australia has a week between its first two games. Ireland doesn't play again for a week.

I guess it might be about bums on seats but even so, it should be a proper carnival of cricket, with teams playing every 3-4 days, allowing for byes since the pool are of uneven numbers.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

During the Football World Cup group stages, it felt like there was a game on every time you turn on the TV. Apart from the first two days of this WC, it doesn't feel like there's a tournament on at all. These are 7 hour games taking place in two different time zones. Especially during the group stage, there should cricket on at almost every minute of the day. I guess they're worried about people stuck at work during the weekdays?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
They care less about crowd than tv revenue.

Side by side games basically half potential customers and the ICC is all about money.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

-Spiffy- posted:

Side by side games basically half potential customers and the ICC is all about money.

Pretty much this. It is an amazing thing that they're running two matches on the weekends since they overlap.

Also, let's loving go, Afghanistan!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

-Spiffy- posted:

So play a day game in NZ and then a day/night match in Australia, that way there's hardly any overlap.

Jeez do I have to think of everything around here

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Bangers batting.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Excellent headband from the Afghanistan opening bowler.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Huge fan of the Afghani quick with the bandana and face paint

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bangladesh batting very conservatively so far.

FKF
Nov 18, 2003

GOAT LOLZ

Spedman posted:

Those tyres aren't going to sell themselves

I went to the NZ/Scotland game yesterday and the 'messages from our sponsors' are just ridiculous. The half-time "entertainment" was 5 people from the crowd dressed up as 1. A MoneyGram uhhhh...gram, 2. an MRF tyre, 3. a Hyundai car, 4. an LG TV, 5. a Pepsi bottle, running around an 'obstacle course' consisting of some bats and wickets on the ground.

Then of course, there's the Reliance drummers, and the LG kiss-cam, and the who's-drinking-a-Pepsi competition. Also, the Indian TV advertisements on the big screen (India needs to get fitter with Reebok). It's a marketers' wet dream.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Aw come on they're not going to challenge that?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Josh Lyman posted:

Bangladesh batting very conservatively so far.

I dunno, I think trying to bat directly into your dick is a pretty adventurous strategy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Wow that was a terrible call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

zakharov posted:

Wow that was a terrible call

Welcome to cricket, not sure why they didn't refer it though.