Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Small Keating posted:

As for Mills' posts: a lot of anti-Anidav sentiment early, a couple of unofficial votes for FS and Coq that I have to assume Mills knew were not going to be counted by vote finder and may have been designed to draw out posters quick to jump on the bandwagon. Later in the evening, there was some argy-bargy with Gwyn over newbie posting and a joke about Gwyn flipping scum later, and finally there was a big push for Coq that didn't pan out.
I think Mills was going pretty hard after Coq.

Mills posted:

I think lynching Anidav will be a mistake.

Mills posted:

I see a lot of declared votes for Anidav. Is there any point in me arguing for Coq still? Will anyone change their mind? Or can I go have a pot noodle and a wank.

Mills posted:

Just because I like the case on Coq and don't like the case on Anidav, doesn't mean I'm aligned with him. Just because Coq is the other main contender, doesn't mean he has to be scum if Anidav flips town.

Mills posted:

Look I'm not ROCK HARD convinced that Anidav is town or that Coq is scum but I think the Coq case has merit and I think Anidav very clearly just looks like his usual retarded annoying self (which is NOT an indication of alignment).

I'm happy to re-hash the case on Coq again.

Mills posted:

Coq has jumped around flinging poo poo trying to get stuff to stick. He's gone out of his way to quote me out of context to try and discredit me. And he's supposedly at a romantic dinner but he can't get off his phone because he cares too much. That sounds like scum to me.
So we're left with the usual WIFOM scenario. Either Coq is scum and contributed to Mills' death because he didn't want Mills to continue to lead the charge against him, OR ... *sigh* ... that's just what the scum want us to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Morning all,

Gaspy you are a cruel man, I was so happy to see Starscream go down and then you revealed he was town. Well played

Can we cool it with the power role reveals? Milky you revealed and you were asking for someone else to reveal whether they have the power to muck up your night action.

SKY COQ posted:

At the risk of further muddying the waters, I'd rather not say anything until I have something to report. The information I discovered is already public.

Lol - how convenient

As for Mills, I think the scum decided that he was too dangerous to keep around. I will have to look at Mith though. But are we sure it was a second scum kill? Did someone Bus Mith and Tirade?

Going to have a look through Miths posts now.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Just went through Mith's posts and they were fairly helpful and few were white noise.

While she flipped between Anidav to Coq, she made it clear that she wanted to get a D1 lynch.

I don't believe she would have been a target for a town vigilante. So she was either killed by scum or she was bussed and killed accidentally by a vigilante.

Just to clarify my post above. I don't think if Coq was scum that he would get Mills killed as it would be too obvious and Coq is usually quite smart. The only one that Mills was targeting that may have panicked may have been Gwyn, and that would only have been the case if all the scum were noobies and I think that is fairly unlikely considering he amount of veterans playing.

This is why I think scum probably just killed Mills as they were worried he would start picking them out the further we went on.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

So I've done a bit of homework on Bifauxnen.

Bif made this post encouraging Coq and Anidav to elaborate on their roleclaims:

Bifauxnen posted:

I would be happy with getting a lynching on a lurker instead of either Coq or Anidav. I think they both deserve the attention they're getting, but that'll just leave us some more business to get to on D2. Are enough people around to switch your votes in under minutes, though? I guess it'll have to be the other way around - see who's still lurking by D2.

Anidav has gone a bit further with pushing the roleclaim, but both of you have already let the cats out of the bag to say "oh gosh, my role is just so important and useful," so I'll ask both of you - do you believe your role is probably worth keeping around more than what the other guy might have? Keep in mind that roles may not exactly be uncommon here anyway.
Mills (confirmed town) said this was a bad idea:

Mills posted:

na, dont do this
Beet also thought Bif's idea was not just bad but scummy.

Matthew Beet posted:

My suss detector is going off the loving charts
Small Keating's analysis points out that Mith threw some shade on Bif before getting nightkilled. (Personally I don't think this is particularly determinative.)

Small Keating posted:

Going back over Mith's posts: Bif and TOML copped a bit of heat, as did Beet briefly, and more generally there were a few DATA posts in there regarding post counts from the silent players. There was also suspicion about Tirade and Coq voting in a bloc to silence Beet.
For what it's worth, Bif doesn't appear on Anidav's suss list.

Bif's posting this game is really ***helpful*** and overall just smells a bit like her posting last game.

Not voting yet, got 8.5 hours left.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I should point out that when I say her posting smells like her posting from last game, in the last game she was scum.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
She also didn't do her usual tactic of throwing out a billion votes on day 1 to stir things up, though she claims it was because she was busy at work.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

If I had to guess on the no-result from Milky's supposed night action, it would be that Tirade was voting Matthew Beet last night /\. Maybe someone thought Beet was scum and was going to target Tirade. That person protects Tirade creating the no result.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Tirade posted:

Quiet players - hiddenmovement, gwynplaine, dj-bbq - speak up. What are your thoughts about yesterday? Who are you suss on?

I think given how worthless my insight proved, I'm much better off just watching a little longer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm not going to actually OMGUS vote for you cause unlike those two, I'm not nearly as fussed about being wrongfully lynched. But I think your saying my posting smells like last game couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm experimenting with a very different approach so far, on top of the work thing.

So if anything gets rolling on me, after I flip town I'd like you all to look at how TOML was wringing his hands so much about Anidav vs Coq, and getting that switch right around the 3 minute mark, coming in after hammer. I was thinking about yesterday, and how with an easy lynch target on Anidav, scum would not have to stick their necks out yesterday. But once the Anidav lynch was well established, scum may have been looking to get some points for being careful and cautious, or wanting to distance themselves from being bandwaggoners.

Freudian Slip also deserves some more careful looking into, since Mills made a brief case on him before chasing the SKY COQ scent. Scum might be hoping that it now gets dropped. He got in his Anidav vote early, then never bothered making more noise about anything or weighing in on the alternative last night, waiting to check in until today once it's all over.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

I think given how worthless my insight proved, I'm much better off just watching a little longer.

Aw, no don't be put off by people being jerks, get involved :)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

Aw, no don't be put off by people being jerks, get involved :)

It's not being a jerk if someones absolutely right. I'll be involved, but I need to be less eager.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not going to actually OMGUS vote for you cause unlike those two, I'm not nearly as fussed about being wrongfully lynched. But I think your saying my posting smells like last game couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm experimenting with a very different approach so far, on top of the work thing.
It's true you're not spraying your votes all over the place like you did early last game, but your current posting just seems kinda like your posting from the middle of last game.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

It's not being a jerk if someones absolutely right. I'll be involved, but I need to be less eager.

Nah you totally don't. Speaking up and being wrong is fine, so long as you can justify your actions. Keeping quiet, particularly from d2 onward, is a really scum play - it stops people being able to catch you in a lie or a slip-up. Put your thoughts out there, post who you're suss on.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Also rule #1 of mafia, beyond any tips about how to be a good townie etc, is don't take mafia seriously or personally. Which, incidentally, anidav clearly hasn't learned yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Unfortunatley for you all, you no longer have scumbif with full knowledge attempting to correct any of your obvious mistakes in an attempt to prove my undying towniness. You're stuck with regular ol' townbif, who has imperfect information, so my attempts to be helpful may be more flawed.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Part of the problem is that even when I suspect something, I can't find the words to explain it. Something neglected to mention is that my suspicion of MIlls was based on the idea that his actions were some sort of elaborate triple bluff.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Part of the problem is that even when I suspect something, I can't find the words to explain it. Something neglected to mention is that my suspicion of MIlls was based on the idea that his actions were some sort of elaborate triple bluff.

I honestly think Mills is too lazy to bother with that poo poo

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tirade posted:

Also rule #1 of mafia, beyond any tips about how to be a good townie etc, is don't take mafia seriously or personally. Which, incidentally, anidav clearly hasn't learned yet.

I take it personally when the sidewalk has the unmitigated gall to trip me up. Games like this are helping immensely with that.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen- Seems to be trying to post helpfully, TOML is suspicious. Just posted a bit of a look how town I am post :/
dj-bbq- Unknown, new player. 4 posts so far, just chat.
Freudian Slip - Contributing to discussion.
Gwynplaine - New player, was harshly put down by Mills. Probably killed Mills for revenge. (jokes)
hiddenmovement - Hammered anidav at the last minute.
Kat Delacour - Unknown, other seem happy to have her playing again.
Matthew Beet - This guy kills me, can't get a read. Drove the vote on SkyCOQ so interested to see how that plays out.
Milky Moor - Tried to run a play on Tirade with no result. Despite poor form role claiming so early, I think he is town. Consistent play from last match so far.
MysticalMachineGun - got nothing on this player.
Old Dirty Cumburgs - Doesn't know what beetroot is. Was on the skycoq train yesterday.
SKY COQ - Definitely sus plays yesterday. Now role claiming saying he gathered information.
Small Keating - Mini effort post today, a bit out of character.
Splode - Shimmying things along, low content high volume.
Those On My Left - Good effort posting. Personally I think going after Mills as SkyCOQ is a bit obvious.
Tirade - Milky presumably thought he was scum and tried to kill him. I think someone else thought he would be targeted. I think that play would be a bit obvious as well.
whats for dinner - I thought he made a good post on voting anidav. He is now pushing for coq and maybe tirade if I am reading that right.

Bold ones are best suspects IMO mostly due to not knowing more about them.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Here's my take on yesterday.

Up until the end I was not convinced that either anidav or coq were scum, and I'm still not too suss on coq.

The buildup was way too fast on anidav, and then the votes switched way too easily to coq. It's hard to avoid throwing a scum under the bus on d1 if there's no other alternative (rip me last game). But Anidav's massive flameout, yet again, meant that it would have been easy enough holding a vote on him on the grounds of him being a poo poo townie. Instead we saw coq get brought from nowhere right up to one or two votes from being hammered in what, half an hour? Unless we had almost all town convinced that coq was the better vote, it means at least some scum flipped off anidav the townie to coq the scum, which is incredibly risky when lynching Anidav was easy enough to do.

My guess is that half an hour from hammer, scum couldn't have believed their luck. It was lynch anidav, lynch coq, or lynch no-one and have the same shitfight over again on d2.

The only thing that throws this theory into doubt is the quiet people piling on to anidav at the end, which is why I've asked them to get more vocal.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I agree that Mills was killed because he posted like he was very very certain of coqs scumminess and he was drat pursuasive too. Coq has come in with "I know something you don't know ner ner I've got a secret" as his only defence so far.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

I agree that Mills was killed because he posted like he was very very certain of coqs scumminess and he was drat pursuasive too. Coq has come in with "I know something you don't know ner ner I've got a secret" as his only defence so far.

I think you will find that Coq has made a not too subtle role claim for a certain role. I did think it was convenient that he investigated one of the dead overnight. I assume he chose Mills as that is who I would have. Unless someone else has the same role I am happy to keep him around for today.

If you do have the same role - please don't reveal until tomorrow unless you can nail another scum (apart from Coq)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

My above post assumes that we didn't get two trackers or watchers.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

My above post assumes that we didn't get two trackers or watchers.

The fact that two out of three townies had roles, and there has been two more claims on d2, makes me think this game has a high proportion of roles.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

The buildup was way too fast on anidav, and then the votes switched way too easily to coq. It's hard to avoid throwing a scum under the bus on d1 if there's no other alternative (rip me last game). But Anidav's massive flameout, yet again, meant that it would have been easy enough holding a vote on him on the grounds of him being a poo poo townie. Instead we saw coq get brought from nowhere right up to one or two votes from being hammered in what, half an hour? Unless we had almost all town convinced that coq was the better vote, it means at least some scum flipped off anidav the townie to coq the scum, which is incredibly risky when lynching Anidav was easy enough to do.

I am also getting concerned about this, especially in light of FS checking in to say:

Freudian Slip posted:

I think you will find that Coq has made a not too subtle role claim for a certain role. I did think it was convenient that he investigated one of the dead overnight. I assume he chose Mills as that is who I would have. Unless someone else has the same role I am happy to keep him around for today.

If you do have the same role - please don't reveal until tomorrow unless you can nail another scum (apart from Coq)

this could be translated as: We know he's town, and don't care about him investigating anything tonight, cause he won't see the next morning now that we suspect what he is. Might as well stick up for him now, to get some Helpful Townie Points after the flip.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So for the people better at this game than me, was the flavour text Saw Too Much and Watcher flip just Gaspy being cute or can someone watching die as blowback from certain other roles? Because working out who Mith was suss on that hasn't flipped could ID a scumrole.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

So for the people better at this game than me, was the flavour text Saw Too Much and Watcher flip just Gaspy being cute or can someone watching die as blowback from certain other roles? Because working out who Mith was suss on that hasn't flipped could ID a scumrole.

It did make me worry about this: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Paranoid_Gun_Owner

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yikes. We're off to a bad start.

black_tangled posted:

Old Dirty Cumburgs - Doesn't know what beetroot is. Was on the skycoq train yesterday.

I know what it is, I've just never eaten it due to lack of opportunity. And my thoughts on Skycoq remain largely unchanged.

Sky talked up his abilities yesterday, tried to run out the clock on the hammer when it seemed he was in danger, and continually pushed a "You'll be Sorry" defense. All of this smells to me like a rat cornered.

However, when today rolls around:

SKY COQ posted:

At the risk of further muddying the waters, I'd rather not say anything until I have something to report. The information I discovered is already public.

I don't think that a wise townie would role-call so heavily, without the knowledge that they were safe from the scum.

Call it intuition, but I do not trust Sky Coq.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

black_tangled posted:

MysticalMachineGun - got nothing on this player.

:smugdog: Nobody does

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Call it intuition, but I do not trust Sky Coq.

I agree with this. Coq, if what you were going to say is public knowledge, say it anyway.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah, that's a much better theory than mine. I completely forgot about the paranoid gun owner.

Bifauxnen posted:

I am also getting concerned about this, especially in light of FS checking in to say:

this could be translated as: We know he's town, and don't care about him investigating anything tonight, cause he won't see the next morning now that we suspect what he is. Might as well stick up for him now, to get some Helpful Townie Points after the flip.

Lol - so your theory is I am trying dissuade people from lynching Coq early in the piece so that scum can kill him tonight. Why wouldn't I just let the train build and near the end drat him with faint praise? That would save scum having to kill him at night and they can chose another townie instead.

I am trying to make sure that we don't lynch him because he has made I believe an important role claim. Lets not help scum by killing him today.

Coq could still be scum, but he has painted a huge target on his chest with his role claim that if false will make him an easy target down the track. If he is not who is claiming he is, the true character can let us know tomorrow so as not to endanger themselves tonight (which maybe Coqs play if he really is scum since he knows that he is high on people's suss list)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:smugdog: Nobody does

I agree with this. Coq, if what you were going to say is public knowledge, say it anyway.

The only faction that would benefit would be scum at this point.

Just home from work. From recent posts, I'm massively Suss on FS thanks to Bif's effort post, and fairly strong on scumbags for jumping back on me so quickly, when clearer heads have largely prevailed.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I should mention well in advance: I'm working a night job, but its going to be a short shift with either no break or assuming there is one, I'm probably going to have to work through it. If we have any revelations in the last hour or so before hammertime, I probably wont be able to act upon them and will have to vote early.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmm, is Coq getting all buddy-buddy now that I'm wavering and choosing a different target than him, and just boosting up my still pretty half-baked theory? Or is he right to support it, cause I'm actually onto something and FS doesn't like it? I wonder

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress Meetings.

Okay I'm reading through, I just wanted to comment on a few things first:

Those On My Left posted:

So I've done a bit of homework on Bifauxnen.

Bif made this post encouraging Coq and Anidav to elaborate on their roleclaims:

Mills (confirmed town) said this was a bad idea:

Beet also thought Bif's idea was not just bad but scummy.

Small Keating's analysis points out that Mith threw some shade on Bif before getting nightkilled. (Personally I don't think this is particularly determinative.)

For what it's worth, Bif doesn't appear on Anidav's suss list.

Bif's posting this game is really ***helpful*** and overall just smells a bit like her posting last game.

Not voting yet, got 8.5 hours left.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Um not sure. Bifs response to the role claim was that she thought she could pull a King Solomon without them revealing the roles. I took the original post as trying to work out who thought who had a more powerful role. I don't think you can resolve that without some very obvious role revealing so wondered why the gently caress she bothered to ask it?

I don't think it was deliberate but her trying to gain more info about the roles was quite funny considering she started the day with :

Bifauxnen posted:

Good morning, guys. I unfortunately had some real work to do for once! However, I have been thinking about who would actually be a decent choice for a D1 turbolynch.

We have a few unknown factors here from new posters, but it would be nice to see some actual input from them first, I think. So I'd be most in favor of lynching anyone who's just too quiet. Or on the other hand, possibly these two:

Anidav - I agree it would be a fitting full-circle tribute, to lynch him not for his annoying roleclaims confusing everyone, but to celebrate how dangerous and successful those claims have now become.

Mills - Purely for tradition's sake

No smoking gun poo poo, just a bit off.

I'm interested in following up what some of miths things were yesterday. This doesn't mean people on this list offed her or not (she did name 11 people all up yesterday) but it was a relatively well thought out list, she was actively scum hunting and now we've confirmed that she was town.

She said

Mithranderp posted:

DJ-BBQ has three posts, no votes, no contributions.
Milky has a few posts, hardly any more than three words, and 2 bandwagon votes with no other discussion.
Cumbags is very similar (though has increased posts since I first mentioned them)
hiddenmovement--didn't have PMs enabled so didn't know their role. Kinda understandable that they've not been able to contribute much; however, they also voted mills before they even got their PMs enabled?
There's also Gwynplaine and whatsfordinner who have posted, but not voted or contributed much or at all.
Katdelacour hasn't posted much either
Freudian Slip has 2 posts, one of which was voting Anidav (FS did say he wouldn't post much)
MysticalMachineGun has posted all white noise, one vote for Anidav
B_T has posted a bit, but without saying much at all
TOML hasn't posted a huge amount either (bit of white noise with the exception of his latest post)

So yeah it's like half the player list, so :shrug:

and I went on to point out three people, milky's comeback was fair (literally 'it's d1 you nub'), MMG was another (more active today) but hidden movement was also one. He voted mills without even having access to his PM's not a huge crime, but also has been very low on content.

He came in last night and hammered Anidav with no reasoning, and hasn't followed up today to explain why when there was a last minute shift on coq.

His only post since lat night has been :

hiddenmovement posted:

But if someone on town had a night kill, why let coq live long enough to use a night ability? Wouldnt you just take him out asap if you were sure he was scum?

Which is literally just repeating what coq said five posts earlier:

SKY COQ posted:

Also worth noting: if there was a townie with a nightkill, I'd almost certainly be dead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

:justpost:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Hi

I have an ok ability but no idea how to use it effectively. I'm like a toddler with a handgun in that I'll probably just wind up shooting myself.

I think Coq is probably guilty of something on the grounds he talks way too much when it isn't necessary for him to do so. Anidav had a reason to get defensive (he's captain insecure and everyone dogpiled him). Coq just got all chatty.

I hammered Anidav at the last minute yesterday because someone said it needed 11 votes and he was sitting there with 10 with 1 minute to go so I thought it would be kinda funny.

Everyone else is either playing a good double bluff and I can't see the clues, or they aren't posting at all so there's no real info for me to go on.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

hiddenmovement posted:

Hi

I have an ok ability but no idea how to use it effectively. I'm like a toddler with a handgun in that I'll probably just wind up shooting myself.

I think Coq is probably guilty of something on the grounds he talks way too much when it isn't necessary for him to do so. Anidav had a reason to get defensive (he's captain insecure and everyone dogpiled him). Coq just got all chatty.

I hammered Anidav at the last minute yesterday because someone said it needed 11 votes and he was sitting there with 10 with 1 minute to go so I thought it would be kinda funny.

Everyone else is either playing a good double bluff and I can't see the clues, or they aren't posting at all so there's no real info for me to go on.

This is a very very bad excuse. Where's the joke? It really looks like you just went in to defend Coq now, though I have to give you credit for not just stealing whats for dinner's excuse.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

Lol - so your theory is I am trying dissuade people from lynching Coq early in the piece so that scum can kill him tonight. Why wouldn't I just let the train build and near the end drat him with faint praise? That would save scum having to kill him at night and they can chose another townie instead.

Yeah bif that really doesn't make sense at all. It's a huge leap of logic. Why wouldn't scum just let us lynch him today and let them target someone else tonight?!?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hiddenmovement posted:

:psyduck:

It was nice of you to appear as soon as I mentioned you though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm essentially just looking to last in this as long as possible to get a feel for things. I don't think I'm going to be particularly productive.

• Locked thread