Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

J, do me a favor here. I know you see dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rurea posted:

Ya'll are so easily swayed what the hell

Rarity and I are both -2, and if Rarity flips scum, Rurea probably is too.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Rurea posted:

Ya'll are so easily swayed what the hell

I ain't swayed, I was going after Rarity originally but I'd rather have a exakt lynch than nobody at all etc etc

(also Rurea is on my list now)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

was rarity on the merk vote?

no rarity is the one that "fakecased" merk and unvoted eventually

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

was rarity on the merk vote?

No.

King Burgundy posted:

Snapshot of things before the hammer:

Votecount for Day 1

merk (6): Rarity, Kumbamontu, wall monitor, King Burgundy, EXAKT Science, Rarity, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, Poque, EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, Pinterest Mom
Kumbamontu (2): CCKeane, merk, merk, Dr. Hurt
wall monitor (2): merk, merk, Rarity, merk, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Pinterest Mom
King Burgundy (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Rurea, merk, merk, Poque, Poque
Tremendous Taste (0): Rarity, Rarity
Dr. Hurt (0): CCKeane, CCKeane, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Poque (0): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, merk, King Burgundy, merk, Tremendous Taste
CCKeane (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science

Not Voting (1): King Burgundy

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 13th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 15 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lurking at deadline is anti town *coughs at specific posters*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

lol what the gently caress is this it's all the people she's talked to huddled in "most town" despite her having no mention of how merk's two words suddenly change her mind. That's not sincere at all.

nm I read this part wrong. THought it was claiming suspicion of voting for her "most town"

her vote on WM really didn't make any sense

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

lurking at deadline is anti town *coughs at specific posters*

who is J though :o

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just really don't think Rarity flips scum. And I think Rurea does

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Poque and Kumba, I think the ball is in your court at this point

It's effectively Rarity, Exakt, or no lynch, 13 minutes to go

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

About 10 minutes out.

Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (4): Poque, Poque, Poque, Rurea, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, Poque, King Burgundy, wall monitor, wall monitor
Rarity (4): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, wall monitor, Pinterest Mom, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor
Rurea (2): Poque, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Poque, Poque, Poque, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Poque, EXAKT Science
Kumbamontu (0): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, CCKeane, EXAKT Science
wall monitor (0): Rarity, Rurea, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Rarity, Rurea
Tremendous Taste (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Rarity, Rarity
King Burgundy (0): EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Rarity, Rarity, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu
Pinterest Mom (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Poque (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
CCKeane (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Taste just one thing. What do you think about Rurea's alignment?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think Rurea could very well be scum but other flips will tell us a lot more in that regard. Rur could be knocking off rust etc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

again everyone is acting suspicious (yes me too i know) so i want to see this flip to get my bearings

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote Rarity

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pmom is lurking the game room

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:f5:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i just noticed something hilarious re-reading rarity

Rarity posted:

Everything about this post is terrible. Announcing regret for a mislynch, backing away from responsibility, asking other people to make cases for him, this post is a travesty.

2 posts, 4 entire minutes before:

Rarity posted:

Well that sure was a dumb lynch.

lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
before that, only myself and Rurea had not voted rarity on this game day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kumbamontu posted:

i just noticed something hilarious re-reading rarity

2 posts, 4 entire minutes before:

lmao

she wasn't on the lynch tho, it isn't inconsistent

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

before that, only myself and Rurea had not voted rarity on this game day.

i dont think i have either

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it's more of the "knew-it-before" stuff re: merk's flip though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in a world where rar is scum and you aren't poque, what do you make of her talking you and keane up

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

she wasn't on the lynch tho, it isn't inconsistent

i guess

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kumbamontu posted:

i dont think i have either

you did in the midst of Taste's fakecop

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

you did in the midst of Taste's fakecop

oh poo poo, that's true i did

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
a lot has happened this game day. okay. i am going to hammer rarity in t-minus 2 minutes. get your last words in anyone who gives a poo poo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

oh poo poo, that's true i did

you always can again :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

in a world where rar is scum and you aren't poque, what do you make of her talking you and keane up

I don't know, she specifically asked me for my thoughts at one point near the start of this day and it caught me off guard. could be a suspicion thing in case of her flip, she had heat even before your cop-thing but I don't remember if it had started at that point

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"suspicion thing" meaning something designed to create suspicion on others looking for links after a scum flip

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Welp, in case I'm gone after today. This was a fun game guys and gals. Bring it home, town!

:)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poque posted:

"suspicion thing" meaning something designed to create suspicion on others looking for links after a scum flip

I get you. I've said all I have to say for today

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

I get you. I've said all I have to say for today

same

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
okay, good night

##vote rarity

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Rarity is hammered!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Yeah, good sailing with you all, and sorry I didn't say a lot early d2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (6): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, wall monitor, Pinterest Mom, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor, Poque, Kumbamontu
EXAKT Science (4): Poque, Poque, Poque, Rurea, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, Poque, King Burgundy, wall monitor, wall monitor
Kumbamontu (0): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, CCKeane, EXAKT Science
wall monitor (0): Rarity, Rurea, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, Rarity, Rurea
Tremendous Taste (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Rarity, Rarity
King Burgundy (0): EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Rarity, Rarity, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu
Rurea (0): Poque, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, CCKeane, CCKeane, Kumbamontu, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Kumbamontu, Poque, Poque, Poque, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Poque, EXAKT Science, Poque, Kumbamontu
Pinterest Mom (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Poque (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
CCKeane (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Flip in a little bit.

SIT TIGHT, FRIENDS!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

There was silence aboard DS9. The promenade almost deserted save for those trying to get through as quickly as possible. A makeshift vigil had gone up at Quarks with photographs and memorabilia of Jake Sisko, sitting amongst the pictures of Morn that still remained from the memorial several days ago.

Nobody could believe anyone would be so heartless or so blasphemous as to harm a child, nevermind the child of the emissary.

Of course, there were whispers of one who could do this. The Bajorans knew who, since they had seen him destroy so many of their own families. The one who had tortured and enslaved them for decades. The one who rumor had it now worshiped the demons out to destroy their world. They dared not speak of him out of fear he would return.

quote:

Sisko raged in his office. He screamed at his senior staff, at starfleet, at everyone. The person who killed his son was free and they weren't doing a drat thing about it!

"Captain, we're doing the best we can. We've locked down the station, we're interviewing everyone, we're checking every sensor log we have. We will find who did this, I promise you."

"I know who did this! I know he is here. I can feel it! I can sense that he is among us, hiding right under our noses!"

"Who, Captain?"

Sisko scoffed and stormed past, leaving his office and doing to the nearby sensor console.

"Captain, we've already scanned all of DS9."

"He's not on DS9."

The captain furiously hit every button, then he reached down and opened the underside of the console, rearranging wires and chips. The staff looked at each other with concern. Doctor Bashir had come up to the command center.

"Captain, I think you should come with..."

"Captain!" an ensign interrupted. "Something is appearing on our sensors, it's a cloaked ship. It's Cardassian!"

"On screen!"

There is was, hiding underneath the station, right within their shields.

The ship hailed them.

Gul Dukat's face appeared on the screen.

"My dear Benjamin, how lovely to see you."

"You murderer! You will pay for what you've done!"

"Oh Benjamin, don't you see? I've done this to show you the truth. If your false prophets had truly cared for you, surely they would have saved their own emissary's son? You need to understand the power of the Pah Wraiths. Join me and they will give you the protection and love that you seek. Perhaps I should come aboard..."

An explosion rocked the station, a console exploded behind Sisko. Emergency lights flickered into action.

A single photon torpedo had ripped through Gul Dukat's ship, destroying it immediately. Its proximity had caused some minor damage to Deep Space Nine, but Sisko didn't care. He took his hand off the console's fire button, went back to his office, and sat down.

Rarity, Gul Dukat, Scum-aligned Roleblocker/PGO exploded D2.

It is now N2. 24 hours for actions please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Things are beginning to return to normal on the station after the death of Dukat. There is a formal ceremony held for Jake Sisko. The Captain, while still grieving, is more calm. They even heard him laugh at a joke in his office one afternoon.

Then, one morning Odo didn't show up at his office. The constable was known for his punctuality and the hunt was immediate. However, nobody was quite sure how to search for him.

Engineers attempted to modify the stations sensors to detect changeling lifesigns, but as starfleet intelligence had been working on this for years with headway, it was unlikely to succeed.

There were security teams searching every corner of the station, but as Odo returned to a liquid form when dormant, if he was injured he could be anywhere, stuck between two decks of the station where no solid could ever reach.

Starfleet and the Bajoran government put out a general notice to anyone in the sector if they knew any information. Surprisingly, even Quark used his connections to try to find Odo.

Days turned into weeks and still there was no sign of Odo. While the search on and off the station continued, they all slowly began to understand they would never see the constable again.

Wall monitor, Constable Odo, town-aligned Cop/Ninja, disappeared forever N2.

quote:

The Bajorans on the station are excited. Their Kai is coming to the station! The leader of their government and speaker for the prophets is going to be among them. She is very wise and very kind, always doing what is best for the Bajoran people. They are so lucky to have her and Bajor wouldn't be the same without her.

As she walks down the promenade a crowd surrounds her. Children hold her hands and all feel lucky to be in her presence. She turns towards the temple and the group move to follow her in, when her Vedek entourage block the entrance to the temple.

"Kai Winn wishes to speak to the prophets alone."

Of course she does, she must speak to them all the time. How lucky she must be!

Minutes pass and the crowd remains in anticipation. However as the minutes stretch into hours people begin to disperse. Holy symbol or not, they must get back to their lives. Finally only a small group of devotees remain. They can see the Vedeks at the door whispering to each other, one gesturing inside and the other shaking his head. Finally one of them appears to lose the argument and heads into the temple. Shortly afterward they hear a scream from inside. The Vedek runs out.

"Someone get the doctor! The Kai has been murdered!" Those left from the crowd all shriek, drawing the attention of everyone around them. Security forces and medical officers rush into the temple. Outside, Bajorans cry over this barbaric act.

quote:

Sisko sits at his desk.

"Are you sure? I know she was an unpleasant woman, but I want you to be drat sure of what you are accusing her of."

"I'm sorry sir, but the transmitter we found on her proves it. She was in contact with Dukat leading up to the murders he caused."

Sisko bangs his fist on the desk, causing his baseball to jump out of its stand and roll onto the floor.

"What's worse, sir, is that the device shows that she contacted someone else after Dukat's ship was destroyed. The two of them may not have been the only ones conspiring together."

"Damnit! Alright, start looking for who she could have been talking to."

"Captain, one more thing, what should we tell the people of Bajor? As emissary, they are waiting for your statement."

The captain stands up and adjusts his uniform. "I will tell them the Kai is dead. I will tell them that she was wise, and kind, and she will be missed. For now, that's all they need to know.

Rurea, Kai Winn, scum-aligned Framer/Godfather was shot N2.

It is now Day 3.

• Locked thread