Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
THIS IS NOT A DETHY ANY LONGER

At 4:27 AM EST, an unauthorized breach of the CIA's central database was detected. This breach allowed sensitive, classified materials to be extracted; this data must be recovered quickly and quietly, and the CIA has authorised terminal sanctions to ensure this occurs.

You are one of seven hackers with the skill, the tools, and the motives to have done this hack, and it's only a matter of days before the CIA liquidates you all to be safe. Before the CIA tracks down your physical locations, you must act. You must find the ones responsible, or they will implicate the rest of you and fade into the shadows, leaving you to face the CIA's wrath.

This is a seven-player mafia game, with very traditional roles and no set-up gimmicks.

The thread will follow standard mafia rules:
  • Day phase and night phase will last at most 24 hours. Night phase will last at least 12 hours. If I'm not here, deadlines are floating.
  • Lynches will require a majority vote.
  • No out-of-thread communication, except for scum.
  • Don't edit your posts.
  • No quoting mod PMs.
  • No fake day actions, truth or dare, Toxxing, or other things that go against the spirit of mafia.
  • The thread will be open at night. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves or not as you see fit.
  • There will not be modkills for lurking due to the small game size, but if you lurk excessively I will ban you from ever playing in a game I run again. Please only sign up if you're able to play.
Player List:
  1. Ernie.
  2. Grandicap
  3. Hal Incandenza
  4. Mills
  5. Poque
  6. Somberbrero
  7. True and Real

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Game is now under construction, will open thread back open once rework is done.

Construction over, sign-ups are a go!

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 16, 2015

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YES I like this sort of thing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll play

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Awesome, I've got a few recruiting PMs out, so we'll see how we do.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was flatteringly lied to so I've come.

No post restrictions aside from trying to be kind.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

True and Real posted:

I was flatteringly lied to so I've come.

No post restrictions aside from trying to be kind.

I never lie as a mod (Ecco!).

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sure why not.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Oh. This isn't a Dethy anymore. I'm in.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This is a fine player list of non-lurkers and content-posters and I suggest we keep it that way with our last recruit.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mills posted:

This is a fine player list of non-lurkers and content-posters and I suggest we keep it that way with our last recruit.

Working on that!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Ernie?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

definitely Ernie

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:boom:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

And that's the roster!

Role PMS will go out in the next 30 minutes, and I will reopen the thread then, and never close it again!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TO: Internal Security Director, Central Intelligence Agency
SUBJECT: Mainframe Security Breach

Sir, per your request, the follwing is a high-level overview of this morning's breach. At 4:27 AM EST, a dual-channel intrusion into our outside contractor payroll system was utilized as the initial penetration of our systems. Over the next 45 seconds, the hacker or hackers proceeded to leapfrog from server to server, with the breach ending at our Clandestine Personel server. Several files were access and presumably downloaded, and the breach was cut off at the source.

Based on the methodology of the attack, the specific systems accessed during the breach, and the skill requiredm we know that the hackers involved likely are among the following hackers (note, these hackers' identities are not at this time known, just their handles): hal_incandenza, p0que, true_and_real (once known as D1gn0l), grandicap, S0mberbrer0 (knwon as S0mber on some Internet dark sites), M1lls, and 3rn13.

In depth dossiers for each hacker will be sent in follow-up e-mails as they are compiled and reviewed, but the nature of these hackers makes details scarce at best...

Role PMs have been sent out; D1 starts now. The deadline is set for :siren:11 PM EST Tomorrow:siren:, or roughly 24 hours from now.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I didn't get a role PM.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (7): Ernie., Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Mills, Poque, Somberbrero, True and Real

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm Goku.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm Poku.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:

Had to be sure it was you, p0.
We must eliminate dragonrider6911 before he consumes the game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:
//pwn.protocol niner61delta,
DDoS=1,
If(scum)=f(destroy)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

beep boop confirming.

I dropped my programmer job and picked up one in management so I don't know the lingo anymore. Is Java still cool?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

beep boop confirming.

I dropped my programmer job and picked up one in management so I don't know the lingo anymore. Is Java still cool?

This is a post about my real life and not a breadcrumb or anything.

This post is too self aware, did I forget how to mafia? I think I forgot how to mafia...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

code:

Enemy=ernie.
Reason(1)!=0post
Reason(1)=fucker>9000

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suggestion: do not ever vote until you have confidence in something. Probably 2 scum so it's dangerous to throw them around.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OP lies, this is clearly a role madness game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

True and Real posted:

code:
//pwn.protocol niner61delta,
DDoS=1,
If(scum)=f(destroy)

Why would you comment out your pwn protocol, this seems contrary to its purpose. Scum found.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what's choppin', chummers?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

We were just discussing a mass flavor claim. I am Lord Nikon.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I can't code because I'm not a fucken nerd. Truth bomb!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Your new av unnerves me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like coding but I'm bad at it. it's why I dropped out of computer science!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It took me all of 40 seconds to choose and purchase that avatar. I'm proud of my efforts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can write some bitchin' poo poo in BASIC if you want. I have this sweet text-based roulette wheel...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

We were just discussing a mass flavor claim. I am Lord Nikon.

I am Goku.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

It took me all of 40 seconds to choose and purchase that avatar. I'm proud of my efforts.

Is that a turnip?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yeah yeah, we all know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

excellent hal and i are about to wreck you fools

oops scumslip

• Locked thread