Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

holy moley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

They clearly did not have an endgame. The bookie from Mike's story planned out going into hiding and picked a location that would make for the best long-term hiding place. The Kettlemans meanwhile grabbed a tent and some canned food and hoped they would come up with a better idea before they died of exposure.

Or more likely dehydration, Saul was pushing it going on that hike without water or the ten essentials. Immersion ruined. :qq:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The worst thing about Chicago Sunroof being the term for some nebulous, unknown sex act is that it could have been a great prohibition-era term for someone who got shot in the head.

Or maybe the best thing.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Meatwave posted:

Who the hell wears shoes in a tent? These people are monsters.

Also, the girl is laughing.

I love that when the son says 'Finally', the mom snaps her fingers to get him to be quiet. That, plus the fact that she was the one grabbing the money bag and the look on Mr. Kettleman's face when the cash comes out, make me think the whole embezzlement thing was her idea, rather than his.

Mom of the Year 2002

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013

Hahahaha what the gently caress? The Breaking Bad crew can work a lot of astounding magic but not miracles.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Wow, I thought he was supposed to be a ~35-year-old manchild, which I could have believed (and thus makes Chuck's 50ish appearance spot on as well).

That also would have explained why he was such a loser nobody in his early-to-mid 40s.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I love that when the son says 'Finally', the mom snaps her fingers to get him to be quiet. That, plus the fact that she was the one grabbing the money bag and the look on Mr. Kettleman's face when the cash comes out, make me think the whole embezzlement thing was her idea, rather than his.

Mom of the Year 2002

In the podcast they say that they expanded her role quite a bit after she put in a great performance in the first episode. Maybe this is what they meant by that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nail Rat posted:

Wow, I thought he was supposed to be a ~35-year-old manchild, which I could have believed (and thus makes Chuck's 50ish appearance spot on as well).

That also would have explained why he was such a loser nobody in his early-to-mid 40s.
I would have been willing to buy late 20s. But not 19.

Interstitial Abs
Jul 11, 2008
No wonder Chuck was pissed. Jimmy does have a record if public nudity.
http://youtu.be/hxs2YeP9BDs

:haw:

Oh, and I guess NSFW ?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nail Rat posted:

Oh my god that person is not serious

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He was clearly supposed to be way younger than what he looked like.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Chucks brickphone was a clear sign that this was supposed to be more than a few years in the past. Late 1980s maybe?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JT Jag posted:

The worst thing about Chicago Sunroof being the term for some nebulous, unknown sex act is that it could have been a great prohibition-era term for someone who got shot in the head.

Or maybe the best thing.

I actually think the 'Chicago Sunroof' might be the nickname for whatever con Jimmy was running, rather than a sex-act in and of itself. Just that whatever led to him being in prison made it LOOK like a sex thing.

Last Chance posted:

It is a real mental condition

OK, my bad for saying 'real' when i meant physical.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Finally saw it. Chuck looked badass as a criminal lawyer back in the day.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Can't be 19 because he says they haven't heard from him in five years. Did he run away from home at 14 or something?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
The facial twitch on Mike when the cop touches his arm was pretty scary. Like the dude is harboring some hosed up poo poo inside.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I have to imagine Gus is being introduced in one of the season finales, and I also have to imagine we'll eventually catch up to Breaking Bad and see what Saul was doing aside from helping Walt and Jesse. His law office was basically always packed whenever they came to visit, you may recall. I'd get a kick out of him representing Lil' Dave's pot possession offense while he's involved in a multi-million dollar Meth ring. Maybe that's what he'll learn from these lean times, never turn away work. I bet he loved having a proper office and firm of his own, and that helping out people who had only committed minor crimes made him feel like a good person, and closer to the older brother he always wanted to be.

But I guess we'll see, given the ratings and immense clout of Gilligan and co. I have to imagine we're getting as many seasons as they want to give us, so it should be a fun ride.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm gonna say he's 50 at the start of BB, 44 in BCS and 34 in the flashback (making it around 1992-95, which works with the phone).

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

loving goons I swear to god

MrBims posted:

Oh my god that person is not serious

this

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

snodig posted:

The facial twitch on Mike when the cop touches his arm was pretty scary. Like the dude is harboring some hosed up poo poo inside.

I actually kinda hope they never go into Mike's past too much. Between this and BB, I want him to remain the god-drat force of nature that he is now.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I actually kinda hope they never go into Mike's past too much. Between this and BB, I want him to remain the god-drat force of nature that he is now.

I completely hope they don't explore Mike's pre-BCS past beyond superficial anecdotes like in this episode.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I did a GIS for "young bob odenkirk" and he looks middle aged in all of his photos. This is the image he looks the youngest and he still looks old

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
^ Not sure if that's from SNL or from Late Night with Conan Obrien, but both scenarios would make sense based on how strong the two shows were around this time.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

This is profoundly depressing.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I'm a bit sad that Jimmy burst into the tent before they could get into some JOHN JACOB JINGLEHEIEMER SCHMIDT or Happy Wanderer.

Also it occurred to me that Hamlin looks a bit like a smug rich 40ish version of Jesse Pinkman.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

OnlyJuanMon posted:

^ Not sure if that's from SNL or from Late Night with Conan Obrien, but both scenarios would make sense based on how strong the two shows were around this time.

A reverse GIS lead to http://www.buzzfeed.com/jordanzakarin/this-old-photo-of-young-conan-obrien-louis-ck-and-bob-odenki#.bw4lb8oXm

quote:

O’Brien presented a photo of his original Late Night writing staff, which now looks like a legendary bench of future talent. Along with Conan and Louis, it included Breaking Bad and Mr. Show’s Bob Odenkirk, trusty sidekick and sitcom veteran Andy Richter, SNL genius Robert Smigel, ubiquitous writer Dino Stamatopoulos (you may best know him as Starburns from Community), and several other heavy hitters.

and from that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcu1mvFaUDM

I don't know why I didn't do that earlier

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Someone made a gif of mike's facial expression I was talking about.

:aaa:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

snodig posted:

Someone made a gif of mike's facial expression I was talking about.

:aaa:

Oh man :stare:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

^Mike looks like a pitbull milliseconds before it attacks. That moment conveys so much rage. That's rad as gently caress. :black101:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I thought it was a bit much :o:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

is the podcast for this episode up yet

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Zwabu posted:

I'm a bit sad that Jimmy burst into the tent before they could get into some JOHN JACOB JINGLEHEIEMER SCHMIDT

His name is my name, too. :colbert:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Gaz-L posted:

Interesting article regarding Chuck's condition: It's a mental illness. Pretty much inarguably.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to claim that Chuck's EM Sensitivity is 'real' in the acute physical sense, but it's not uncommon for something like this to be the result of another, more tangible physical ailment. I don't see any reason to rule out the "Chuck has Cancer (or whatever other terminal illness you like), and is convinced it was caused by electromagnetic waves and that if he can keep himself isolated for long enough, he will recover."

In fact, my understanding of many EMHS folks is that this is exactly what happens - real physical ailments are blamed on radio waves, and isolation from them, + placebo effect ends up being helpful to some degree or another, creating confirmation bias.

Interstitial Abs
Jul 11, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I'm a bit sad that Jimmy burst into the tent before they could get into some JOHN JACOB SLIPPINGJIMMY SCHLIPS or Happy Wanderer.

Ftfy

Yeeeeah... I wish it was Monday again already :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I'm glad it's on Mondays since Monday is pretty poo poo for tv but it feels weird that AMC is playing new episodes of something on anything but Sunday night.

VVVVV Saul didn't want them killed tho

beanieson fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 18, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Honestly if I was Saul I would've just called the cops and told them where the family was. An All-American Christian family in the woods singing by the campire? :ohdear: Theyze gots a gun.

edit: The only thing I didn't like was that the conversation with Mike seemed a little forced/convenient but overall a great episode.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

beanieson posted:

I'm glad it's on Mondays since Monday is pretty poo poo for tv but it feels weird that AMC is playing new episodes of something on anything but Sunday night.

I'd bet that season 2 goes back to Sunday night, as there'll be no more Mad Men.

Man, that'll be weird :stare:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd bet that season 2 goes back to Sunday night, as there'll be no more Mad Men.

Man, that'll be weird :stare:

Don't worry, it'll also get a spinoff a year after ending, entitled The Pryce is Right.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

And Walking Dead will soon be followed by "The Walking Living"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

hailthefish posted:

And Walking Dead will soon be followed by "The Walking Living"

They should call what comes after TWD "The Laughing Dead," because watching grown adults discuss that clowncar of melodrama like it was "Death of a Salesman" is hilarious.

• Locked thread