Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Kyoto, Japan

"Find them," Elektra Natchios growled under her breath, "kill them. Then bring me their bodies so we can make them Hand."

A small team of Avengers had arrived in Japan to deal with a personal issue with the Yakuza-connected mutant known as the Silver Samurai. In the days after the Superhuman Civil War and the death of Captain America, these underground Avengers could not afford to be too reckless in their actions. However, the Samurai had turned out to be in league with the Hand, a group of ninja who can resurrect the dead as new recruits. Elektra, a former ally of the heroes, seemed poised as the new leader of the Hand.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, and Ronin felt out of their league at first. They had come there to save their ally, Echo, from the Hand, but were now surrounded by hundreds of ninja. Echo, however, was enraged from her captivity and struck at out at her captors. Elektra screamed in pain as Echo drove her sais through her chest. Finally, the leader of the Hand fell to the ground, motionless. Having lost their leader, the Hand quickly evacuated, but one of the Avengers immediately noticed something was off.

"Wait," Luke motioned, "look. Look at Elektra."

The fallen ninja was dead, that much was certain. The problem was when her corpse shapeshifted into that of a green alien.

"What the hell?!" Spider-Man cried. "What does that even mean?!"

"Means I can't trust any of you," Luke replied. "Means if they got their fingers here, who knows who else they got."

"This is a Skrull, Luke," Ronin replied, "they're aliens. Are you trying to say they're invading or something? Why would they want to start a war?" Wolverine leaned down and sniffed the dead Elektra and angrily thrust his claws into the cement.

"Naw, Clint," he grunted. "Luke's trying to say we might have already been invaded -- and we might've already lost the war."

quote:

Westchester, New York... Some days later...

The Illuminati. Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X, Black Bolt, Namor, and Doctor Strange. Perhaps six of the most influential men on the planet. For years they have worked behind the scenes to help guide the superhuman community along its proper course. Some would say they've abused their positions, but that is not what is at hand at the moment. Iron Man had called a meeting.

"It's been awhile," Tony Stark began, "since we've last met. After the Civil War, Cap's death, and what happened with the Hulk, I wasn't sure if you'd meet with me again."

"What do you have to tell us, Stark?" Namor asked, his arms crossed.

"Spider-Woman of the... outlaw Avengers delivered this to me," Stark replied. He motioned to something in front of him, shrouded in a sheet. "This is Elektra Natchios. Some of you know her. She was killed earlier this week." Stark unwrapped the sheet, showing the corpse.

"A Skrull?" Reed Richards replied, stunned. "Elektra was a Skrull? For how long?"

"Don't know, Reed. That's the problem we're facing. They replaced Elektra and who knows since when. It could've been years ago. And yet here we are, unable to detect such a high-profile Skrull. They're saying she didn't set off Spider-Man's senses, and that Wolverine couldn't smell anything different about her. It was a perfect decoy."

"You're trying to say, then," Professor Xavier chimed in, "that we may be under attack?"

"Perhaps. After our past altercations with the Skrulls, they might finally be striking back. Everything is starting to make sense. Don't you understand? Think about the past year. The Avengers destroyed. We're fighting each other. The mutants are all but gone. Atlantis... Nick Fury... Captain America... think of all of that! Doesn't it seem like we're being worked over? Everything is upside down and this is the key!"

"Calm yourself, Tony," Reed replied. "We just need to start planning. We cut it open, dissect it to the molecular level. We find a way to detect them. We plan for the worst. How to hunt them. How to stop them."

"Actually," Black Bolt, the silent King of the Inhumans suddenly interrupted, "I have a better idea. I take the body, and your people die so that my people can live."

Quickly the other five members of the Illuminati were on guard. Black Bolt rose above them, shifting his shape. They knew quickly what he was: A Skrull. An infiltrator. Their group, their secret cabal, had been infiltrated and for God knows how long. Stark's sensors, Xavier's telepathy, and even Strange's magic... it had gone hidden throughout all of it. The Black Bolt Skrull rained repulsor rays upon the group. He had the powers of all six Illuminati members.

The battle was quick and swift, with the heroes barely pulling out a win. However, they knew what this meant. War was coming.

War was coming and they couldn't even trust themselves.

The Illuminati went their separate ways, never to meet as a group again.

quote:

New York, New York... That Same Night

"My Empress," said the short, older, balding man, "it is done. They know of our presence here. Dissent flows among them. They are more divided now than during their little civil war. They do not know who to trust."

"Superb," the woman cloaked in shadows replied, "Stark will be unable to lead them. His paranoia has left him vulnerable. The Captain is dead. Thor has vanished. In days, we will strike at the heart. Ships will arrive soon, carrying warriors bearing the powers of Earth's superhumans. We will take New York. It will be the capital of Tarnax V."

She stepped forward a bit and the light swung, revealing countless others in the room with her.

"My subjects," she continued, "after the years of defeat and humiliation, the Skrulls will no longer be the laughing stock of the universe. We will have revenge for Galactus consuming our homeworld. We will have revenge for the fall of our species in the wake of the Annihilation Wave. We will have revenge for the suffering inflicted upon us countless times by Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four."

She clenched her fist in front of her, "the prophecies were correct. There would be an attack upon our palace, our homeworld would be destroyed, there would come a wave of devastation, and we MUST take a world of blue as our home. We are right here. We are true. Earth is religiously and rightfully ours. We are right. He loves us."

"He loves us," a hundred voices reply in chorus.

The Secret Invasion had begun.

Welcome to Secret Invasion Mafia, a game for eighteen players. The rules are normal, but please note that this is a role madness-esque game and there are some unfamiliar, but also very fun, roles! If that's not your thing, then there's like fifteen other games going on so, like, look around. Also, please note that while I am a big fan of adding flavor, flavor will NOT necessarily indicate alignment. See regular rules below:

• Day phase will be 2 days, night phase will be 1 day. Day phase may get shorter towards the endgame.
  • Deadline will always be 8:00 PM EST. If this is a bad time for you, please do not sign up.
  • Lynches will require a majority vote
  • No out-of-thread communication unless your role allows you to do so
  • No quoting mod PMs
  • No fake day actions
  • The thread will be closed at night
  • Order of night action receipt MAY effect how certain actions interact
  • No talking after the hammer
  • Nuff' said

Lurker Rule: Please do not lurk. I know how easy it is to lurk, trust me, however other players do not appreciate it. If you find that real life is taking up too much time, please request a replacement! It's okay - replacements are good people and so are you!

Player List
  1. Allen Wren
  2. Asiina
  3. Byers2142 True and Real
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. Dr. Hurt
  6. Ernie.
  7. Glockenapfel
  8. Harold Krell
  9. HiipFire
  10. King Burgundy
  11. Opopanax
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Puntification
  14. Quidnose Rarity
  15. Rurea
  16. Sandwolf
  17. Somberbrero
  18. Tremendous Taste

The Dead
Rurea - The Hood (Earth-Aligned) plorped Day 1.
Somberbrero - Ronin (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 1.
King Burgundy - Thor (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 1.
Sandwolf - Veranke (Skrull-Aligned) plorped Day 2.
Opoponax - Captain America (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 2.
NO PLORP - Day 3
Tremendous Taste - Venom (Earth-Aligned) killed Night 3

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wasn't going to join more games but I'm joining this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm curious to see how many times I can get dunked in a week, count me in!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Also: I'll accept Billy Kaplan as my role, thank you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Pinterest Mom posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wanna do the thing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

this isn't the league 2

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tremendous Taste posted:

this isn't the league 2

Summer at the latest. It's too big to run while I'm working. :/

Admittedly this is pretty big. But League 2 is way bigger.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Summer at the latest. It's too big to run while I'm working. :/

Admittedly this is pretty big. But League 2 is way bigger.

ok :colbert:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want to play give me a good role plz

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

I want to play give me a good role plz

hmm someone with a name that rhymes with Matt Cruea playing a Little Mac game...

curious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie could you make a weird setup and presign me pls

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Someone some up the league for me so I understand why you all like it without having to go read the whole thread.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ernie still owes me Salem Witch Trials mafia...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

i have a couple cooking but i don't know what'll happen

soon chic and i will have a game but it won't be for another 10 days after her game ends at least

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Ernie still owes me Salem Witch Trials mafia...

that's what i was just talking about

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Someone some up the league for me so I understand why you all like it without having to go read the whole thread.

great flavor, awesome/wacky roles and setup

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

that's what i was just talking about

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Amadeus Cho, with pup in tow, will play this game.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

hmm someone with a name that rhymes with Matt Cruea playing a Little Mac game...

curious

How are you pronouncing my name

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

rhu-rhea

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

There was a death miller.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

rhu-rhea

You're mispronouncing MY name then! Croo-uh.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yep

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Wow.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Asiina posted:

For shits and giggles i read the whole loving thing. It was pretty amazing

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

rhu-rhea

Also i like "roo-ree"

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I am so in

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Bumping this for the day. I'm just a normal poster and not a skrull.

OR AM I????? PS: Little Mac make me either Amadeus Cho or Norman Osbourne thnx in advance

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm going to RP as my character if I'm not Deadpool, tia.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Welp I was just killed in my last comic themed game and LM games rock so sign me up, also make me Nick Fury!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I shouldn't join another game but I am weak and it's Marvel. Put me in but drop me first if too many sign up

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Three people left!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm away this weekend so won't get any PMs until sunday night/monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Please and thanks.

• Locked thread