Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Off to work with me.
No one is safe. The safe shall die.

##vote dj-bbq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Matthew Beet posted:

I don't think FS is suss enough for a vote honestly. If I had to choose out of either of you I'd vote you first, to be honest.

That said, the speed at which this vote has grown is interesting and FS getting lynched would be an interesting test on flip to see who voted for him and how quickly they did so.

Why Bif?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

The thing is Mills is like a flasher in the park on D1. He flashes people with a vote for them to see how they react and can read more into it. I was already away for the night so I didn't get a chance to react.

It's a great way for someone who knows how to read people to throw people off their game when there is only white noise about.

I said similar this morning or yesterday he was dishing. For the reaction from people he voted for and from others jumping to follow him.

Bif's done similar in past games which is why I called her on making two bad assumptions: that (mills voting you) and the poo poo about scum leaving coq for a night kill instead of a lynch.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe you should try stating what your own picks have been during the day instead, or explaining the WFD case better if that's really your favorite one. I suppose I'll leave my vote where it is.

I admit a bit of lazy voting due to wanting to get something in in case I couldn't do more tonight. Low posters (see my earlier post with list of thoughts on each player) was where it was for me. I felt bad for picking on newbies so I thought TOML's argument made sense- WFD is experienced enough to play better. Perhaps that isn't great logic but I am having real trouble picking any standouts in this game and so far all my gut is telling me is it's not coq.

I think two mafia teams makes sense and is a more simple answer to the two night kills question than those floated so far. Mills makes sense as a scum target, and Mith doesn't make sense for a vigilante. (I think FS said this)

Working through FS posts, seems very much in character from last game.

I also think this is really relevant

Freudian Slip posted:

I do find it interesting that some of the quietest players have also come out to bandwagon this post.

I'm going to have another read through to see if anyone else presents.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Votecount for Day 2

Freudian Slip (4): Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Milky Moor, dj-bbq
dj-bbq (2): Splode, Gwynplaine
black_tangled (1): Bifauxnen
SKY COQ (1): Small Keating
whats for dinner (1): Those On My Left, Splode, black_tangled, Splode, black_tangled
Tirade (0): Milky Moor, Milky Moor

Not Voting (8): black_tangled, Freudian Slip, hiddenmovement, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ, Tirade, whats for dinner

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 55 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What I'm saying is that out of her and FS I think Bif is the more suss of the two (a brief explanation in the post immediately below yours). That's why I am not confident on the FS rush vote we're seeing right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

black_tangled posted:

I think two mafia teams makes sense and is a more simple answer to the two night kills question than those floated so far. Mills makes sense as a scum target, and Mith doesn't make sense for a vigilante. (I think FS said this)

That's you and Milky now, who have raised this possibility. Can either of you explain to me how, or if, this gets us any closer to figuring out who any of those scum are?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

I said similar this morning or yesterday he was dishing. For the reaction from people he voted for and from others jumping to follow him.

Bif's done similar in past games which is why I called her on making two bad assumptions: that (mills voting you) and the poo poo about scum leaving coq for a night kill instead of a lynch.

Uhh. FISHING. not dishing FISHING.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah, I appreciated that. I think your post made her realise that she was trying to makemy posts fit her theory. She has since pretty much recanted on that and I not sure she is scum either.

I think the people in the bandwaggon on me are the most suss at the moment.

(Yes I know OMGUS)

But they are basing their vote off Bifs now retracted argument. DJ-BQQ voted after Bif came out and said she no longer thought it had legs.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

But they are basing their vote off Bifs now retracted argument. DJ-BQQ voted after Bif came out and said she no longer thought it had legs.

might not be refreshing the thread fast enough?

I dunno where black_tangled's getting 'experienced enough' from, I was scum in game one, and a cop in another that died on night three.

I realised I haven't really thought about the two night kills. There's a lot of roles that get separate night kills, right? And it could well have been a one-shot vig who thought that they were dead meet sooner rather than later, or a one-shot strongman. I realise it's really dumb to read into flavour too much but seeing as it's decepticons and autobots working together, supposedly, would it be too far a stretch for a serial killer to be about?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Great that everyone who wanted to vote what's for dinner has been able to participate this evening despite what was for dinner.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There's storms rolling into Queensland, and my brain has been stuffed full of humidity and regret. (for missing out on the vote-flinging fun I should have been having yesterday)

One thing that does still bother me though, is that the Coq case hasn't got off the ground at all now for today, and you'd think the scum would've at least tried to get their claws into that juicy roleclaim if he's town. Part of the reason I've gone all conspiracy theory on you FS, is that my theory helped explain that sheer absence of votes. Maybe Coq's just scum after all, but that looks like it will need to wait for resolution later.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

I realised I haven't really thought about the two night kills. There's a lot of roles that get separate night kills, right? And it could well have been a one-shot vig who thought that they were dead meet sooner rather than later, or a one-shot strongman. I realise it's really dumb to read into flavour too much but seeing as it's decepticons and autobots working together, supposedly, would it be too far a stretch for a serial killer to be about?

You could have any combination of a scum team and a vigilante (town aligned usually) or a serial killer (scum aligned usually), or even all of them! Or you could have two scum teams and possibly even another SK or Vig (OR AGAIN ALL OF THEM) if you wanted.

Then they can be one shots or alternating nights or whatever dastardly idea gaspy thought up.

Plus role blockers, etc etc.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

There's storms rolling into Queensland, and my brain has been stuffed full of humidity and regret. (for missing out on the vote-flinging fun I should have been having yesterday)

One thing that does still bother me though, is that the Coq case hasn't got off the ground at all now for today, and you'd think the scum would've at least tried to get their claws into that juicy roleclaim if he's town. Part of the reason I've gone all conspiracy theory on you FS, is that my theory helped explain that sheer absence of votes. Maybe Coq's just scum after all, but that looks like it will need to wait for resolution later.

why?

It's a good argument to make, especially as we get closer to deadline you'd think scum would try and attach to townie desperation to use our only method of defence.

##vote SKY COQ

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Great that everyone who wanted to vote what's for dinner has been able to participate this evening despite what was for dinner.

:lol:

we are skating pretty close to a no-lynch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

why?

It's a good argument to make, especially as we get closer to deadline you'd think scum would try and attach to townie desperation to use our only method of defence.

##vote SKY COQ

After everyone is looking elsewhere you want to bring it back to coq? why?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

trying to dodge a bullet

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

whats for dinner posted:

why?

##vote SKY COQ

WTF is this? Have you just skipped my posts. He will either die tonight or we get him to clarify his role tomorrow. Have a look at the other scummy players

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

Freudian Slip (4): Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Milky Moor, dj-bbq
dj-bbq (2): Splode, Gwynplaine
SKY COQ (2): Small Keating, whats for dinner
black_tangled (1): Bifauxnen
whats for dinner (1): Those On My Left, Splode, black_tangled, Splode, black_tangled

Not Voting (7): black_tangled, Freudian Slip, hiddenmovement, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ, Tirade

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 30 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Those On My Left posted:

Indeed. My outlook and cases right now might be total poo poo based on nothing, but at least I've tried putting that poo poo out there. What are you still sitting on less than an hour from hammer, Beet? gently caress it, I might as well follow TOML and b_t to see if you two actually are onto something.

I'd also be happy to switch onto dj-bbq just for making no effort today if that works for a lynch instead.

##vote whats for dinner

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

yeah gently caress. if push comes to shove and there is NOTHING else that's attractive I might vote FS, only so we can get the confirmation on flip sorted and then dig through the vote list tomorrow as to how it grew so quickly. I kind of said that earlier to Bif.

no lynch being bad play and all that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

trying to dodge a bullet

well the done thing would be to at least give a reason not just a reactionary poo poo.

i was a little suss on wfd but that's only from the hammer last night to save coq. Same goes for hidden, probably slightly more suss on hidden tbh but this coq vote is just odd.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
30 minutes?

Uhh ok lets get some voting happening.

I'll swap on to what's for dinner if he gets the numbers. I can't fit his behaviour to a narrative but it does come across as odd.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

None of the guys on my bandwaggon have come back in since they have been challenged.

There is only 30 minutes left. The only one that we may be able to rustle up the votes for would be dj-bbq.

##vote dj-bbq

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Indeed. My outlook and cases right now might be total poo poo based on nothing, but at least I've tried putting that poo poo out there. What are you still sitting on less than an hour from hammer, Beet? gently caress it, I might as well follow TOML and b_t to see if you two actually are onto something.

I'd also be happy to switch onto dj-bbq just for making no effort today if that works for a lynch instead.

##vote whats for dinner

Because I wasn't planning on going anywhere for the next 30 mins (glues to phone, son not going to sleep) so i'm not gonna miss anything really.

but i like this better than i like the FS lynch.

##vote whats for dinner

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I should have refreshed.

Yeah - that vote for Coq by WFD was a clanger. It pushes us closer to a no lynch.

I really wish some more people would check in.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Freudian Slip posted:

None of the guys on my bandwaggon have come back in since they have been challenged.

There is only 30 minutes left. The only one that we may be able to rustle up the votes for would be dj-bbq.

##vote dj-bbq

Ugh, phone posting from the pub, idkwtf anymore

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

dj-bbq (3): Splode, Gwynplaine, Freudian Slip
Freudian Slip (3): Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Milky Moor, dj-bbq, dj-bbq
whats for dinner (3): Those On My Left, Splode, black_tangled, Splode, black_tangled, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet
SKY COQ (2): Small Keating, whats for dinner
black_tangled (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): black_tangled, dj-bbq, hiddenmovement, Kat Delacour, SKY COQ, Tirade

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 minutes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm being the unsocial one at this party so forgive my lack of posting.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I will be around until hammer. I will swap my vote across to WFD if needs be, but I am more suss on the people voting for me based on a house of cards.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyway ##unvote

##vote whats for dinner

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Anyway ##unvote

##vote whats for dinner

Still waiting for the excellent and in depth posts!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

At least wfd is tryingish.

##vote dj-bbq

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm being the unsocial one at this party so forgive my lack of posting.

party on a wednesday? :crossarms:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If Milky is right about two scum teams we could be hosed for a consensus. I'll change to Whats For Dinner if that's the wind is blowing but I really do feel like it came out of nowhere, although I agree his posting is pretty non-existent and white noise.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Getting slightly suss on Beet now for bothering to complain about my sucky cases, but not putting much of himself on the line or helping much in moving to a better lynch idea till it's getting real late. He seems happy to just let me twist around in the wind, cluelessly trying to piece together gently caress all while not much else effort is being made.

If you think that's an OMGUS, knock yourself out tomorrow and have at it if I'm still around, just get something going for chrissakes.

Actually voting now is helping, though. We got 8 votes now spread across dj and dinner. If we all worked together to pick one, that's still 1 more we gotta get.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I'm happy to swap my vote to dinner

I think FS said he would too, so that's 6 for dinner. Still 3 short.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

Still waiting for the excellent and in depth posts!

I'd love to do a mega quote post but phone posting. :) I was referring to Bif and Cumburgs posts but you've shot his down already.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Chugga chugga choo choo

##vote whats for dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Splode posted:

party on a wednesday? :crossarms:

Family birthday :)

• Locked thread