Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AJ's been doing the move for like a decade without any issues. What's more likely, that it's a dangerous move or that two dipshits don't know how to take the move, which happened to occur back-to-back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The Styles Clash looks dumb as gently caress. He should do the Test big boot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Benne posted:

AJ's been doing the move for like a decade without any issues. What's more likely, that it's a dangerous move or that two dipshits don't know how to take the move, which happened to occur back-to-back?

isn't it more like 7 or 8 people hurt and 2 with literal broken necks

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shine posted:

The Styles Clash looks dumb as gently caress. He should do the Test big boot.

The Calf-Killer is p cool though. Does he still do the Spiral Tap?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If Michelle McCool can pull it off, it's probably a safe enough move.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If Michelle McCool can pull it off, it's probably a safe enough move.

That doesn't count Undertaker's dark powers are sexually transmittable

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think it's funny that AJ talked about wanting to get the Calf Killer more over, to have more tools than just the Styles Clash, but Gedo wants all Styles Clash all the time haha.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's cuz its a good move.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's a flapjack with the added benefit that the other guy can't break his fall so it's more dangerous for no discernible visual advantage. Woo.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

I don't understand what the Styles Clash is actually meant to hurt. Ive taken harder looking bumps falling over like an idiot trying to do a handstand.

e; in kayfabe, obviously.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sir Jebus posted:

I don't understand what the Styles Clash is actually meant to hurt. Ive taken harder looking bumps falling over like an idiot trying to do a handstand.

e; in kayfabe, obviously.

Is the Styles clash that different than a Pedigree in the end? You're just making the guy take a front bump basically. At least the Clash still ties up the guys arms

Rock Bottom is just a back bump. Wrestling is silly if you look at it too closely.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you do a kayfabe handstand?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

Is the Styles clash that different than a Pedigree in the end? You're just making the guy take a front bump basically. At least the Clash still ties up the guys arms

Rock Bottom is just a back bump. Wrestling is silly if you look at it too closely.

The difference is one is done by a good and cool wrestler who does not break everybody's necks and the other by a ridiculous closet case with a cum-based T-Shirt.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

triplexpac posted:

I mean, I'd rather be dropped on the front of my entire body from 2 inches off the ground than slammed hard on my back. Styles Clash is one of those moves that just stands out to me as looking too dumb even for wrestling.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How do you do a kayfabe handstand?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

y'know what's funny is Tanahashi used to do the Styles Clash but whether it be a translation error or the Japanese not understanding the idiom of clashing styles, they called it the Styles Crash. Like I have the NJPW trading card for the move and it says STYLES CRASH in big letters. Thanks for reading.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

epitasis posted:

y'know what's funny is Tanahashi used to do the Styles Clash but whether it be a translation error or the Japanese not understanding the idiom of clashing styles, they called it the Styles Crash. Like I have the NJPW trading card for the move and it says STYLES CRASH in big letters. Thanks for reading.

Crash Holly called his the Crash Landing. Maybe it was a tribute to both?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

please refer to it by its full name 2003 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Move of the Year, The Styles Clash

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I voted it above the Meltzer Driver for move of the year 2014. It's a great move.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The Styles Clash has never bothered me really, and the way NJPW is pushing it as a devastating finisher is awesome. The ref and announcers freaking out when AJ or Tanahashi sets it up is great.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Alain Post posted:

isn't Waffle House a decent bet for finding wrestlers or am I making that up

Wrestlers, from what I've read, like cheap and simple, and being able to order protein. So Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and Bob Evans.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Nevermind that it's dangerous, it's one of the stupidest looking moves of all time.

I give it to huge fat guys in video games because it looks like it would hurt more in that case.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Styles Clash is ridiculous and exposes the business. Now let's talk about the best finish, the Canadian Destroyer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the worst finisher ever? I think it might be Lex Luger's Torture Rack, that thing sucked

The Master-Lock. Especially when Vince called it a Full Nelson on the air.

Miz's Figure Four is just insulting.

Fancy punches are kind of dumb, whether it's Kerry Von Erich's Tornado discus punch, or Crush's Heart Punch. At least with Big Show, he's a giant fat guy, so his windup punch at least looks impressive.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sounds like somebody is ignoring the singular artistry of Johnny B. Badd's Kiss That Don't Miss.

Red posted:

Wrestlers, from what I've read, like cheap and simple, and being able to order protein. So Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and Bob Evans.
I wonder how Bryan eats on the road these days. I remember him saying he eats a lot of nuts and kale, and he had to give up veganism because he's allergic to soy and cheese is a lot easier to find than, say, seitan.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

In like 97' or so I swear JR's BBQ sauce came with a little jr hat on the lid of the bottle and I can't find anything to back this up. Am I just imaging that I had a bottle like this?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

In like 97' or so I swear JR's BBQ sauce came with a little jr hat on the lid of the bottle and I can't find anything to back this up. Am I just imaging that I had a bottle like this?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

It absolutely did. I remember finding a bottle in Zellers way back in the day and I held on to the hat for a couple of years.

EDIT: beaten like a government mule

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

Sounds like somebody is ignoring the singular artistry of Johnny B. Badd's Kiss That Don't Miss.

I wonder how Bryan eats on the road these days. I remember him saying he eats a lot of nuts and kale, and he had to give up veganism because he's allergic to soy and cheese is a lot easier to find than, say, seitan.

He had a good directory of vegan/vegetarian restaurants for his road schedule. He knew places in Baltimore I didn't know, and I lived there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The talk about the Styles Clash is weird because Cesaro's Neutralizer is basically a cradle version of the same move and nobody really complains about that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I complain about it not being a cradle piledriver.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

The talk about the Styles Clash is weird because Cesaro's Neutralizer is basically a cradle version of the same move and nobody really complains about that.

because your head is like a foot higher taking the Neutralizer

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Haha thank you for a second I thought I had created my own meat shoes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Cesaro is really really strong, which makes the move powerful.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Neutralizer is really awful but why complain about the finisher of a guy who never uses it

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I don't like the Neutralizer and would much rather he finish people with a big "gently caress you" uppercut, like the lifting one or that crazy spinning one he did to Sami Zayn.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

What the hell is the Yamazaki Corporation?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Red posted:

What the hell is the Yamazaki Corporation?

Remember how Japan was going to buy up America and we were all doomed? Take that idea and use it to make the Four Horsemen more racist.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For a while Hiro Masuda was the 4 Horsemen's manager because of that angle, I think.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Remember how Japan was going to buy up America and we were all doomed? Take that idea and use it to make the Four Horsemen more racist.

I read a snippet somewhere, and it sounds like bad fantasy wrestling booking from 1988.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, Mick Foley is doing a comedy tour, and is in my city next week. What should I get him to sign?