Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Him leaving was never a real possibility, but it's nice that he's locked in now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Last Man On Earth with Will Forte starts up in a few weeks. Very interested to see how it turns out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Last Man On Earth with Will Forte starts up in a few weeks. Very interested to see how it turns out.
Probably as well as Backstrom.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah because one is about a dickhole who has no redeeming qualities and another looks like a fun comedy.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Last Man on Earth will probably be awesome and hilarious, but cancelled early since pretty much no on is champing at the bit for a sitcom starring Will Forte.

Kinda sucks because I think he's hilarious and the MacGruber movie is super underrated.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Duke posted:

Last Man on Earth will probably be awesome and hilarious, but cancelled early since pretty much no on is champing at the bit for a sitcom starring Will Forte.

It's a limited series, isn't it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its being done by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who are kind of on top of the world right now.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The last time the three of them were on a project together it was Clone High. I have some high hopes for LMOE.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Omg thank you guys for encouraging me to pick sparticus up where I left off in season 3. Season 4 is amazing

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Make sure you watch the credits to the end after the finale :unsmith:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:3:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Duke posted:

Make sure you watch the credits to the end after the finale :unsmith:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

e: Are you just talking about the curtain call and the little stinger of Andy yelling "I AM SPARTACUS," or is there something else I missed?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 18, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, what you said is what he means

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
nick fury shows up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I rewatched Season 4 of Arrested Development and really liked it this time. That last scene is so satisfying every time I see it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Crossposting from the Amazon Pilots thread:

Also, Mozart In the Jungle Season 2 is a go.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What other Amazon shows have been renewed?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

hcreight posted:

Him leaving was never a real possibility, but it's nice that he's locked in now.

Gotta wonder if CC is kind of pissed off. They had John Oliver, who would have been perfect for Daily or Colbert, but it looked like those guys weren't going anywhere, so he goes to HBO, and in a year, they lose both Stewart and Colbert.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
A lot of TV show are insanely bad. Most of them

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

Gotta wonder if CC is kind of pissed off. They had John Oliver, who would have been perfect for Daily or Colbert, but it looked like those guys weren't going anywhere, so he goes to HBO, and in a year, they lose both Stewart and Colbert.

I mentioned this in the late-night thread, but it's kind of amazing that Leno, Letterman, Ferguson, Stewart and Colbert all ended / are ending their shows within about 18 months of one another.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

A lot of TV show are insanely bad. Most of them

As a counterpoint, some shows are good.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

What other Amazon shows have been renewed?

Transparent already got a Season 2, and it's too soon to tell on Bosch since it hasn't even been a week. No word on Alpha House.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FactsAreUseless posted:

I rewatched Season 4 of Arrested Development and really liked it this time. That last scene is so satisfying every time I see it.

When you get beyond the lower budget/restrictions they had with filming that must've made things really difficult, it's a really solid season. People were just pissed that it wasn't going to hammer references to s1-3 constantly and instead built it's own new jokes that were referenced and resolved later in the season. I don't have as much enthusiasm about it as the previous seasons, but hell I definitely want it to return again and I really should give s4 another run through.

Timby posted:

I mentioned this in the late-night thread, but it's kind of amazing that Leno, Letterman, Ferguson, Stewart and Colbert all ended / are ending their shows within about 18 months of one another.

It really was the absolutely worst time for CC that Stewart could've stood down, as so many other shows were able to get their replacements from the available talent. Literally got the last round draft pick.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

EL BROMANCE posted:

When you get beyond the lower budget/restrictions they had with filming that must've made things really difficult, it's a really solid season. People were just pissed that it wasn't going to hammer references to s1-3 constantly and instead built it's own new jokes that were referenced and resolved later in the season. I don't have as much enthusiasm about it as the previous seasons, but hell I definitely want it to return again and I really should give s4 another run through.
It's also really flabby, and most of the episodes run far longer than they should.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Mitchell Hurwitz is doing a new chronological edit of Season 4 per an interview last fall, will be interesting to see if/when it gets released.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

It really was the absolutely worst time for CC that Stewart could've stood down, as so many other shows were able to get their replacements from the available talent. Literally got the last round draft pick.

Fun speculation time: I kind of wonder if CC has known Stewart was ready to step down for a while now, and whether they changed the name of Wilmore's show from The Minority Report to The Nightly Show because they're looking at Jessica Williams as the new TDS host.

Nah, just kidding, gonna be another white guy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler maybe

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jessica Williams has said she doesn't want to host TDS.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hcreight posted:

Fun speculation time: I kind of wonder if CC has known Stewart was ready to step down for a while now, and whether they changed the name of Wilmore's show from The Minority Report to The Nightly Show because they're looking at Jessica Williams as the new TDS host.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jessica-williams-removes-herself-list-future-daily-215310

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Then I've got nothing.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I wonder if Aisha Tyler could hack it.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

MrBuddyLee posted:

I wonder if Aisha Tyler could hack it.

Would she even have time between The Talk, Archer, and Who's Line?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember when Kilborn left and everyone was like "Hmmm I dunno about this Stewart guy, Daily Show might suck now...."

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

No one remembers Kilborn, like it should be.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Remember when Kilborn left and everyone was like "Hmmm I dunno about this Stewart guy, Daily Show might suck now...."

He already had hosting experience when he took over the Larry Sanders Show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

zoux posted:

It was also only on the air for 2 years at that point and is a vastly different show than it is today.

I'm not saying the show is going to suck after Stewart leaves, I just don't know if I'm going to watch it anymore. It seems like a natural point to break with the show. 19 years watching a show is a long time.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

No one remembers Kilborn, like it should be.

He was such a douchebag in Wedding Crashers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Bradley Cooper. You're probably thinking of Old School.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

:Wolfcastle comic jpg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

hcreight posted:

Wilmore said they got a letter from 20th Century Fox who said they owned the rights to the name "Minority Report" since they're planning to turn that movie into a tv show.

• Locked thread