Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

This is a two scum team game. Why would I fake scumhunting in a two scum team game instead of hunting the other scum team.
Because actually scumhunting is hard. Townies love dismissing players as town for getting into "slapfights," as if only scum can be disinterested in a game. It's a viable strategy to post a lot of nonsense and have people ignore you, since you get to say you're contributing but you don't get any scrutiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly, both of you shut the gently caress up. This is the least productive conversation I've ever had to read. Everyone in this loving thread has probably made their mind up about this whole issue and neither of you are on the chopping block so let it go and let's MOVE ON.

In case you haven't been noticing I'm moving away from "no byers ur wrong" to "hey guys I think Byers might be scum?"

It's a subtle difference but I assure you it is an important one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

To what exactly?

I'm happy enough for this to continue and allow folks to at least have something to talk about.

Anyone else think I'm scum, and care to explain why?

MOVE ON TO LITERALLY ANYTHING - I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over again. If you all really whanna let Byers and Ecco slap fight for the rest of the day, go for it. But I don't think either of them are particularly scummy and it gives actual scum a chance to hide in plain sight because they don't have to say anything when BYERS AND ECCO: TALE OF TWO DUMMIES is the focal point of this whole day.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

If you all really whanna let Byers and Ecco slap fight...But I don't think either of them are particularly scummy

Case in point!!

EccoRaven posted:

Townies love dismissing players as town for getting into "slapfights"

Good work byers, it's working.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

I have noticed but I also think it's very unconvincing. Your point about how he's not engaging others calling his argument crap is a good one, but it's also a symptom of TUNNEL-VISION.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

MOVE ON TO LITERALLY ANYTHING - I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over again. If you all really whanna let Byers and Ecco slap fight for the rest of the day, go for it. But I don't think either of them are particularly scummy and it gives actual scum a chance to hide in plain sight because they don't have to say anything when BYERS AND ECCO: TALE OF TWO DUMMIES is the focal point of this whole day.

I imagine this scumdoc convo going like

"Hey guys Im going to pretend to be annoyed with this whole ecco/byers thing to try to gain town cred."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly, both of you shut the gently caress up. This is the least productive conversation I've ever had to read. Everyone in this loving thread has probably made their mind up about this whole issue and neither of you are on the chopping block so let it go and let's MOVE ON.

6 hours. We have 6 hours to deadline, and the only person with more than 2 votes is someone I don't want to lynch today. There is no chopping block. This conversation matters, especially if I'm right. So why do you disagree with my case, and why do you think that this conversation is bad to continue?

EccoRaven posted:

Because actually scumhunting is hard. Townies love dismissing players as town for getting into "slapfights," as if only scum can be disinterested in a game. It's a viable strategy to post a lot of nonsense and have people ignore you, since you get to say you're contributing but you don't get any scrutiny.

Scum =/= Lazy

What you're describing is lazy play. Who here thinks I'm lazy?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

I have noticed but I also think it's very unconvincing. Your point about how he's not engaging others calling his argument crap is a good one, but it's also a symptom of TUNNEL-VISION.
Yeah but:

EccoRaven posted:

as if only scum can be disinterested

Why does him tunneling make him town? It makes him someone who is tunneling.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Why are you responding to the people you are telling to shut up? Sandwolf:

Who is scummy?

Am I scummy?

Say something.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Why are you responding to the people you are telling to shut up? Sandwolf:

Who is scummy?

Am I scummy?

Say something.

Honestly, does no one read my loving posts unless they're caustic and full of swears?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly, does no one read my loving posts unless they're caustic and full of swears?

I know you're voting Rarity with me and that makes me happy. Keep it up, champ. *pats head condescendingly but appreciatively*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

##vote Gabriel Pope

Mostly I'm just trying to poke at random things to see if I can provoke any telling reactions, although I agree I haven't been trying as hard as I could be. There's been a lot of noise today but I haven't really seen any compelling cases or telling behavior (not really buying anyone's case on the fakeclaim debacle) so I haven't really had any firm reads yet.

Chili posted:

It boils down to the fact that you're just really going down this crazy rabbit hole. I don't see the point you're trying to make, but I recognize that you're doing it in the pursuit of scumhunting.

I agree that Byers is doing a decent job of scumhunting. That does not absolve him, as he points out himself:

Byers2142 posted:

The two-team set-up raises issues, because scum can, if they wish, actively and fully scum hunt because they know there are scum out there. But it's also a trap for them, one I think that Ecco's fallen into.

Right now if I had to peg one person as being most likely to be scum I'd say Byers. He's persistently overstating a case that doesn't have much support and trying to dictate the lynch. Witness his "offer": Ecco has one (1) vote right now and Byers would have us believe that an Ecco lynch is a foregone conclusion. It feels like Byers is trying to dominate the town discourse in order to shield his team. He probably does think he's got a decent case on Ecco being scum but that's secondary to the objective of keeping the spotlight off of him and his scumbuddy.

Sandwolf posted:

I'll give you possible, but likely? I dunno. If he doesn't let off this tunnel-vision it's going to look scummier and scummier, and I doubt he's willing to commit that hard to white noise posting when usually he's pretty good at this game.

I dunno, as long as Byers isn't letting blatant scumposting pass by unnoticed I don't think focusing on Ecco is necessarily hurting him. Several people have already come out and declared townie feelings for him based on it!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah but:

Why does him tunneling make him town? It makes him someone who is tunneling.

It doesn't make him town, but it doesn't make him scum either. Meaning, to me, this whole diatribe is 🗿inconclusive🗿

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Yes.

Fine. I'll go back and look at your old posts again and give you something to talk about. Assuming, of course my client doesn't show up. If he does, I'm probably done for the night, in which case, good luck all!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

It doesn't make him town, but it doesn't make him scum either. Meaning, to me, this whole diatribe is 🗿inconclusive🗿

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I concede that's true.

Hey Sandwolf what do you think about I dunno let's go with Cap Pig?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Good enough for me;

## vote Rarity for now.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

Can I answer?

I'm gonna answer too.

YES, please yes!

I'm all for a day 1 catharsis lynch:

##vote CPIG

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Yes.

Fine. I'll go back and look at your old posts again and give you something to talk about. Assuming, of course my client doesn't show up. If he does, I'm probably done for the night, in which case, good luck all!

Cool thanks, awesome! Really appreciate it, I'll just go gently caress myself now.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Cool thanks, awesome! Really appreciate it, I'll just go gently caress myself now.

Now where did this bit of saltiness come from?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I concede that's true.

*in a fake sandwolf voice*

"He's the greatest guy ever!"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

What were your thoughts on EP, then?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Chili posted:

## vote Rarity for now.

Chili posted:

##vote CPIG

lol irl

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Everyone who votes for me on D1 is scum, its a proven fact.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Now where did this bit of saltiness come from?

I'm just fed up with being loving ignored by everyone in a community I felt apart of. Nothing personal, sorry.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I concede that's true.

I think he's playing like poo poo but I haven't played with him enough to know if it's lazy scum or lazy town. Meta is kind of important to read CPig because he's all over the loving place.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

I'm just fed up with being loving ignored by everyone in a community I felt apart of. Nothing personal, sorry.

Seriously?
You are sad because people are ignoring you?

Is something awful the right community for you?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Eh, being ignored in a game of mafia is generally a pretty good thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think the best way of catching attention is by engaging with players who are currently around. I mean yeah, I could go back and re-read what you wrote, but isn't it better to just have a conversation?

Now, Sandwolf, be a dear and let's lynch this horrible Pig.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

Everyone who votes for me on D1 is scum, its a proven fact.

Like if anyone else said this, I'd prolly vote them. But I know it could mean literally anything.

I think Rarity is very likely scum and I think Asiina is scum. I think Ecco and Chili are town. If you read my posts I've already said these loving things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Eh, being ignored in a game of mafia is generally a pretty good thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think the best way of catching attention is by engaging with players who are currently around. I mean yeah, I could go back and re-read what you wrote, but isn't it better to just have a conversation?

Now, Sandwolf, be a dear and let's lynch this horrible Pig.

Yeah because Day 1 pig lynches NEVER backfire.

:rolleyes:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

:glomp:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I think he's playing like poo poo but I haven't played with him enough to know if it's lazy scum or lazy town. Meta is kind of important to read CPig because he's all over the loving place.

Or you can just assume that he's continue to continue to be a worthless poster, his flip is essentially random, and the sooner we get him out of here, the more fun we'll have and the less dangerous he'll get as the player pool shrinks. He ain't going anywhere. As far as I know I'm one of the few folks dumb enough to kill players like him when I'm scum for the sheer joy in it. CPIG is very useful to the scum, even if he isn't actually scum.

Do it.

Do it and your cool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Please ignore my mini-meltdown and focus on the game-related posts tia

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Like if anyone else said this, I'd prolly vote them. But I know it could mean literally anything.

I think Rarity is very likely scum and I think Asiina is scum. I think Ecco and Chili are town. If you read my posts I've already said these loving things.

Yes. I see that you said them. If people aren't listening you need to say it again, and in a different way. It's not like you put down some big grandiose case or anything.

I'm starting to wonder if this butthurt angle is a real thing. I don't remember you being like this...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Or you can just assume that he's continue to continue to be a worthless poster, his flip is essentially random, and the sooner we get him out of here, the more fun we'll have and the less dangerous he'll get as the player pool shrinks. He ain't going anywhere. As far as I know I'm one of the few folks dumb enough to kill players like him when I'm scum for the sheer joy in it. CPIG is very useful to the scum, even if he isn't actually scum.

Do it.

Do it and your cool.

Yes you should organize my lynch and you should also unvote so that you can be the one to hammer me since itll feel so much better for you since Im so useless youll get all the glory when I flip vanilla town!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes you should organize my lynch and you should also unvote so that you can be the one to hammer me since itll feel so much better for you since Im so useless youll get all the glory when I flip vanilla town!

But at least we'll all have bacon.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

In case you haven't been noticing I'm moving away from "no byers ur wrong" to "hey guys I think Byers might be scum?"

Ecco, if you ever feel like you and I just can't co-exist, there's a place we can settle this:

Gabriel Pope posted:

Right now if I had to peg one person as being most likely to be scum I'd say Byers. He's persistently overstating a case that doesn't have much support and trying to dictate the lynch. Witness his "offer": Ecco has one (1) vote right now and Byers would have us believe that an Ecco lynch is a foregone conclusion. It feels like Byers is trying to dominate the town discourse in order to shield his team. He probably does think he's got a decent case on Ecco being scum but that's secondary to the objective of keeping the spotlight off of him and his scumbuddy.

No, Ecco being scum is a foregone conclusion in my mind. That "Assume you're right..." post I believe was an attempt by her to maintain the Rarity case after her flip, because I truly believe she believes Rarity is scum. Hence my offer to her. I've done something similar in the past, scum claiming to get the other team lynched and put my own team in a better position.

Chili posted:

Can I answer?

I'm gonna answer too.

YES, please yes!

I'm all for a day 1 catharsis lynch:

##vote CPIG

I'm not opposed to this; CPig's voting bothered me earlier.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

But at least we'll all have bacon.

Good point, Bacon is p loving awesome.

My roomate said he liked breakfast sausage better than bacon and I almost kicked him out.

The only reason I didnt is because he smokes me out like erryday.

:snoop:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

What were your thoughts on EP, then?

Sandwolf, not sure if you saw this; it was a small question among a bunch of rapidfire posts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Yes. I see that you said them. If people aren't listening you need to say it again, and in a different way. It's not like you put down some big grandiose case

I didn't put down a grandiose case because not every case needs to be grandiose and furthermore, it's hard to make a D1 damning case. Instead, I'm posting my feelings as they come, if someone feels scummy I say so and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers2142 posted:

Sandwolf, not sure if you saw this; it was a small question among a bunch of rapidfire posts.

I did I just literally didn't remember anything he said and I'm on my phone so post histories are a bit harder to tackle.

• Locked thread