Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Sandwolf posted:

I did I just literally didn't remember anything he said and I'm on my phone so post histories are a bit harder to tackle.

Fair; I just wanted to make sure you hadn't missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't put down a grandiose case because not every case needs to be grandiose and furthermore, it's hard to make a D1 damning case. Instead, I'm posting my feelings as they come, if someone feels scummy I say so and vice versa.

Sure, but can you get mad at us for not remembering those things when:

Sandwolf posted:

I did I just literally didn't remember anything he said and I'm on my phone so post histories are a bit harder to tackle.

You're literally doing the same thing?

Bluch, this is probably a null, I don't think you're scum for any of this, so I'll shut up about it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Sure, but can you get mad at us for not remembering those things when:

You're literally doing the same thing?

Bluch, this is probably a null, I don't think you're scum for any of this, so I'll shut up about it.

I wrote a response and then deleted it because I agree I don't think this is headed anywhere constructive unless someone thinks I'm scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently losing at csgo so I can't really articulate it at the moment, but this interaction between sandwolf and chili reads incredibly fake to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
By that I mean I'm phone posting.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

I'm currently losing at csgo so I can't really articulate it at the moment, but this interaction between sandwolf and chili reads incredibly fake to me.

I don't got balls like that.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
OK, time is running out for me to post. Definitely have stuff starting soon, so to wrap up:

Good Sir posted:

The recent few pages have made me soften on my vote for Chili and consider Rarity. Also, I want to read over this case against Ecco but to me, at the moment, it seems like a real stretch. I do agree, I don't see any reason to think there are fakeclaims, rather if anything the OP seems to point in a completely different direction. Ecco - Have you been in a game previously that had fakeclaims? Is this some sort of post-mafia-stress induced anxiety?

In the next couple hours I'm going to go back and re-read the entire thread then present what I think is my "best" argument which, being day one, won't be much more than a guess. Also, I been reading up on my Skyrim lore, and better understand my flavour and some of the other players' as well. I now understand why the first three or four pages of this thread didn't make sense.

This is a bad post. Please remember this post tomorrow if I'm dead because someone needs to tear it apart.

Chic Trombone posted:

He's actually been pretty good recently imo

OH IT WAS CHIC!

Who, by the way is one of a slew of posters who have done jack and poo poo so far.

Why am I getting lynched?

One of you people who hasn't been around...

WHY AM I GETTING LYNCHED? Now is a great opportunity to distance yourself from the rabble inclined to let a highly active poster meet his doom with a town flip. Consider the possibilities!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I wrote a response and then deleted it because I agree I don't think this is headed anywhere constructive unless someone thinks I'm scum.

The case on Rarity is so weak that I think between you, Chili, and Ecco there's probably one scum from each team and one town. I really doubt that two scum from the same team would put themselves so far out there together though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abyssal Squid posted:

The case on Rarity is so weak that I think between you, Chili, and Ecco there's probably one scum from each team and one town. I really doubt that two scum from the same team would put themselves so far out there together though.

....WHAT

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

Why did you put those three names, specifically, together? Sandwolf, Chili, and Ecco, that's a very specific list.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Why did you put those three names, specifically, together? Sandwolf, Chili, and Ecco, that's a very specific list.

Because it's loving amazing.

Squid is my new favorite player.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

They're the people who've voted for Rarity.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

They're the people who've voted for Rarity.

CPig has too, why not him?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I understand everyone's arguments but I don't necessarily see the scumminess that they are talking about. The only one that kinda makes sense to me is Ecco because of what Byers was saying earlier.

Basically what I'm saying is I have no idea how to tell if anyone is scum that's why I'm mostly lurking. Right now I'm close to basing my vote on who has been really annoying and that's CPig.

It seems like day 1 is just a whole lot of speculation and nothing really to go on. Everyone is attacking each other based on random guessing. Can someone please explain to me how to identify scum so I can be better at this?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not counting CPig because have you been paying attention to him? He's just throwing random votes around, he's not arguing "Rarity claimed flavor so it must be a fakeclaim." I don't like his votes either but he doesn't have anything to say about Rarity in particular.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It seems like day 1 is just a whole lot of speculation and nothing really to go on. Everyone is attacking each other based on random guessing. Can someone please explain to me how to identify scum so I can be better at this?

If you think any of us truly know what we're doing, you're approaching this incorrectly.

Talk loudly, say some poo poo, see what sticks. Like I did with Gabriel. I made up a bunch of poo poo, felt a bit strongly about it, but ultimately was satisfied with his response. Don't get caught up on being right, just get caught up on being.

woah

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I was convinced that Chili is town because he was saying that he doesn't care if he gets lynched but now that he's demanding explanations for why people would vote for him it seems like he is backpedaling and doesn't want to get out and that feels scummy to me.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm not counting CPig because have you been paying attention to him? He's just throwing random votes around, he's not arguing "Rarity claimed flavor so it must be a fakeclaim." I don't like his votes either but he doesn't have anything to say about Rarity in particular.

But either you think he's town, or you think that one of the scum teams have had two people vote Rarity today. If your case on these three is that no scum team would vote more than one person per player, there's a disconnect if you ignore players that have voted. Right?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

The scenario that you're setting up is "It's so bad that scum have to be making this case, but not all of you can be scum, but since there's 2 scum teams, 2 of you can be scum! Oh and that last guy is just town." And it's beautiful. And I love you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chili posted:

The scenario that you're setting up is "It's so bad that scum have to be making this case, but not all of you can be scum, but since there's 2 scum teams, 2 of you can be scum! Oh and that last guy is just town." And it's beautiful. And I love you.

"And that fourth guy's Crazypants McGoo!"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

I was convinced that Chili is town because he was saying that he doesn't care if he gets lynched but now that he's demanding explanations for why people would vote for him it seems like he is backpedaling and doesn't want to get out and that feels scummy to me.

I seriously don't mind being lynched. I like early day 1 the most, and after that, I start trailing off a bit so it's no biggy. I am assuming I'm getting lynched as of now because of the vote count and the fact that I won't be around to redirect the lynch later. So, if I must go down, the best thing I can do for the town is provide as many connections (like I'm doing with you now, sport) to other players so they have information to go off of once I'm gone.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh, do you guys want me to claim?

Or, more specifically, Byers, would you like me to claim?

I trust you pretty much the most and you're doing things.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chili posted:

Oh, do you guys want me to claim?

Or, more specifically, Byers, would you like me to claim?

I trust you pretty much the most and you're doing things.

Not unless you think it will stop the lynch and still leave you with a useful role.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Not unless you think it will stop the lynch and still leave you with a useful role.

I can't really tell if it'll stop the lynch since I'm assuming/hoping that when the deadline rolls around there will be other folks around with different ideas.

I'll dummy up for now.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

But either you think he's town, or you think that one of the scum teams have had two people vote Rarity today. If your case on these three is that no scum team would vote more than one person per player, there's a disconnect if you ignore players that have voted. Right?

I don't think we can say anything about CPig right now except for the meta argument that he doesn't normally do this. I doubt a scum team would agree to stick together in pushing a flimsy case on town and committing to it with votes, but a drive-by vote doesn't say anything.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chili posted:

I can't really tell if it'll stop the lynch since I'm assuming/hoping that when the deadline rolls around there will be other folks around with different ideas.

I'll dummy up for now.

Probably for the best.

##vote CPig

Ecco's still scum, y'all.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

I don't think we can say anything about CPig right now except for the meta argument that he doesn't normally do this. I doubt a scum team would agree to stick together in pushing a flimsy case on town and committing to it with votes, but a drive-by vote doesn't say anything.

Seriously, mods, start giving me guns so I can shoot people who make meta arguments. Especially ones like this.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
See now that's a problem. You, me and now Rarity are on Cpig.

There is no case on Cpig, people just don't like him. And therein, lies the proverbial "rub".

I submit that we three are part of an Argonian Cabal charged with outing nonsensical posters. Of course, we have sleeper cells in both scum camps, and one of us is secretly Gabe Newell.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chili posted:

...and one of us is secretly Gabe Newell.

Close; I'm the Lone Wanderer, shunted from Washington to Skyrim as a side effect of the Project Purity fiasco.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

This is good! You have the right idea.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is good! You have the right idea.

What? No, he doesn't. "I don't care if I live..." is null-to-scummy, but "State your case..." in this situation is town as gently caress.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Close; I'm the Lone Wanderer, shunted from Washington to Skyrim as a side effect of the Project Purity fiasco.

In my fallout game my character was my dovahkiin if she had been born to a loving home in a wasteland. :3: I did the same thing with Crusader Kings, too; the dynasty name is Smokowski, which is rough polish for "of the Dragon."

Hey Byers forget Pig, let's all vote Asiina.

Benefits of voting for Asiina:
- She already has 1 vote from someone who isn't around much
- Lots of people are feeling like she's scum but aren't putting in much effort towards pursuing it
- It would give us common ground and an avenue for moving forward with our relationship this game

I recommend it. Will you join me?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The last thing Fiery Valkyrie did was agree with me, his vote is currently on me.
Meinberg initially jokevoted me and then said he was leaving his vote on me for my "behavior".
Abyssal is the best, everyone leave him/her alone.
Good Sir at least put down something, but has since said he's "softened" on me in favor of Rarity.
Shadow Glass is voting me because I changed my mind.
Epsilon Plus is voting me because "I don't like his responses"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
And my client is here!

Probably done for the night, love you all!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Seriously, mods, start giving me guns so I can shoot people who make meta arguments. Especially ones like this.

I'm not making that argument! I'm just saying that's the only case that's been made other than "he's being annoying and I want him to die because of that regardless of alignment" which is totally fair.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chili posted:

And my client is here!

Probably done for the night, love you all!

Chili quick vote Asiina

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will vote Asiina but I will also advocate for the lynch of any newbie lurkers because if they're lurking now they're not gonna learn to post later in the game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Byers2142 posted:

What? No, he doesn't. "I don't care if I live..." is null-to-scummy, but "State your case..." in this situation is town as gently caress.

I'm not saying he's accurate. I'm saying that he's got the right thought process for Mafia. I'm encouraging the newbie, get off my sack.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

If "I don't care if I live" is scummy then let's all vote Chili. I just don't see it that way. If he was scum, why would he basically vote to sacrifice himself. Doesn't make sense.

I don't think him saying "state your case" is necessarily town or scummy but the fact that he got so angry and was lashing out at everyone after offering to get lynched was strange to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Benefits of voting for Asiina:
- She already has 1 vote from someone who isn't around much
- Lots of people are feeling like she's scum but aren't putting in much effort towards pursuing it
- It would give us common ground and an avenue for moving forward with our relationship this game

I recommend it. Will you join me?

I said I would, yeah. Asiina I'm not saying things about because it's all bad vibes but still would vote.

Do you have opinions on CPig, even if you'd rather vote Asiina?

• Locked thread