Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

I said I would, yeah. Asiina I'm not saying things about because it's all bad vibes but still would vote.

Do you have opinions on CPig, even if you'd rather vote Asiina?

I think it's kinda dumb that he's not seriousposting but it's also correct to say that he rarely seriousposts in games.

Let's vote Asiina. Let's start this beautiful partnership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not for/against voting for Asiina but can someone explain why you guys think he's scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not saying he's accurate. I'm saying that he's got the right thought process for Mafia. I'm encouraging the newbie, get off my sack.

Chill, I thought you were agreeing with the case.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

If "I don't care if I live" is scummy then let's all vote Chili. I just don't see it that way. If he was scum, why would he basically vote to sacrifice himself. Doesn't make sense.

I don't think him saying "state your case" is necessarily town or scummy but the fact that he got so angry and was lashing out at everyone after offering to get lynched was strange to me.

Because "Why would he be willing to vote himself if he were scum? So if he's willing to lay down, he must be town" is the reaction some scum look for in making that play.

EccoRaven posted:

I think it's kinda dumb that he's not seriousposting but it's also correct to say that he rarely seriousposts in games.

Let's vote Asiina. Let's start this beautiful partnership.

##vote Asiina

You're still scum, sorry.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'm not for/against voting for Asiina but can someone explain why you guys think he's scum?

She. And for me, it's gut and vibes. I can't point to any post and say, "That's why." But when I read her, it just feels off.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yes yes, ignore me for now and vote Asiina, a grand plan indeed.

##vote asiina

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

But when I read her, it just feels off.

Pretty much this.

Sorry Asiina!! ##unvote ##vote asiina

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes yes, ignore me for now and vote Asiina, a grand plan indeed.

##vote asiina

This is why we vote you, CPig. This.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

I seriously don't mind being lynched. I like early day 1 the most, and after that, I start trailing off a bit so it's no biggy. I am assuming I'm getting lynched as of now because of the vote count and the fact that I won't be around to redirect the lynch later. So, if I must go down, the best thing I can do for the town is provide as many connections (like I'm doing with you now, sport) to other players so they have information to go off of once I'm gone.

There's still... 4+ hours, which is prime posting time for a lot of people. So it's not really a foregone conclusion.

Still think Byers is the best scum candidate. I agree that there are likely scum hiding with their vote on you, though. Your posts have been all over the place but I don't think that's a strong enough case to warrant the number of votes that have glommed on. Especially since none of them are from particularly high content posters:

Chili posted:

The last thing Fiery Valkyrie did was agree with me, his vote is currently on me.
Meinberg initially jokevoted me and then said he was leaving his vote on me for my "behavior".
Abyssal is the best, everyone leave him/her alone.
Good Sir at least put down something, but has since said he's "softened" on me in favor of Rarity.
Shadow Glass is voting me because I changed my mind.
Epsilon Plus is voting me because "I don't like his responses"

(Abyssal is definitely not the best and after his recent posts I'd still be totally down with lynching him.)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Still think Byers is the best scum candidate. I agree that there are likely scum hiding with their vote on you, though. Your posts have been all over the place but I don't think that's a strong enough case to warrant the number of votes that have glommed on. Especially since none of them are from particularly high content posters:

I'm still not sure I get your case. In essence, you're agreeing with Ecco that I'm running a gambit where I hide in plain site while chasing a bad case on Ecco, yeah?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

She. And for me, it's gut and vibes. I can't point to any post and say, "That's why." But when I read her, it just feels off.

I guess when you guys play together often you kind of have an advantage. It would be easy to just along with you all and vote for her but I have a hard time voting for anyone with zero reason behind it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's isn't any reason behind it. There are plenty of people out there with real cases and all anyone has said about me is that "something feels off".

I want to see some real cases here, people.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Chili (6): Meinberg, fiery_valkyrie, Abyssal Squid, Good Sir, ShadowGlass, Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Asiina (4): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Glockenapfel, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven
CapitalistPig (2): Rarity, Chili, Byers2142, Byers2142
Rarity (1): EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, Chili, Chili, CapitalistPig, Chili, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Chili, Chili, Chili, EccoRaven
Abyssal Squid (0): Glockenapfel, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, ShadowGlass, Asiina, Asiina, ShadowGlass, Epsilon Plus, Glockenapfel
Sandwolf (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Byers2142 (0): Asiina, Glockenapfel, Glockenapfel, Chili, Asiina, Chili
EccoRaven (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Byers2142
Opopanax (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Chili, Chili
Gabriel Pope (0): Chili, Chili
Epsilon Plus (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Gabriel Pope, Opopanax

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 58 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Byers forget Pig, let's all vote Asiina.

Benefits of voting for Asiina:
- She already has 1 vote from someone who isn't around much
- Lots of people are feeling like she's scum but aren't putting in much effort towards pursuing it
- It would give us common ground and an avenue for moving forward with our relationship this game

I recommend it. Will you join me?

Like I really hope this is you trying to be cute/funny, cause these are all some seriously lovely reasons.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm not feeling Asiina. Just gave her a reread; still think Chili is the choice for a dragon-free Skyrim or whatever the gently caress we're supposed to be getting up to here.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

I'm still not sure I get your case. In essence, you're agreeing with Ecco that I'm running a gambit where I hide in plain site while chasing a bad case on Ecco, yeah?

Not a bad case per se, just an inconclusive one.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I guess when you guys play together often you kind of have an advantage. It would be easy to just along with you all and vote for her but I have a hard time voting for anyone with zero reason behind it.

As you should! I don't really like doing it either, and I just went back to reread her posts. She really does come off as standing a bit on the sidelines, making comments here and there, but not wanting to get her hands dirty. She'll dismiss all the cases as bad cases, but then not make her own cases or try to shore up the least bad cases to something voteable.

It's not much. I'd be fine going back to Rarity (since she's been a non-entity this game so far), but I feel like Asiina "has legs."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

#vote Asiina

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

This is why we vote you, CPig. This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkCL5xuy5Y

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not feeling Asiina. Just gave her a reread; still think Chili is the choice for a dragon-free Skyrim or whatever the gently caress we're supposed to be getting up to here.

There's something really insidious about this post..

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Like I really hope this is you trying to be cute/funny, cause these are all some seriously lovely reasons.

I am always cute and funny, but, I also have weird feelings about you sorry! If you want me to vote for someone else though I am all ears.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ahahahahaha

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

oh gosh she didn't even get the rhyme right.

loser loser double loser as if what ever get the picture duh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I am always cute and funny, but, I also have weird feelings about you sorry! If you want me to vote for someone else though I am all ears.

Are these your real reasons yes or no.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

The reasons you quoted in the post from you I quoted, no.

The reasons I posted a few posts above, yes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Asiina, you are scum, just get over it already jeez!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Reminder that this is the sum total of Rarity's contributions to the game so far:

- Claiming her flavor in her first post
- Talking about how she claims flavor in her first posts
- Making a case against Pig that amounts to "you're being unhelpful and distracting"

That's pretty much it.

I mean even if you don't like my fakeclaim-case on her, her lack of participation should be telling too right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Reminder that this is the sum total of Rarity's contributions to the game so far:

- Claiming her flavor in her first post
- Talking about how she claims flavor in her first posts
- Making a case against Pig that amounts to "you're being unhelpful and distracting"

That's pretty much it.

I mean even if you don't like my fakeclaim-case on her, her lack of participation should be telling too right?

What I think is especially telling is that she disappeared once it became Ecco v. Byers instead of having any real focus be on her.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

unhelpful and distracting"

This was on all my school report cards from kindergarten - 6th grade

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

As you should! I don't really like doing it either, and I just went back to reread her posts. She really does come off as standing a bit on the sidelines, making comments here and there, but not wanting to get her hands dirty. She'll dismiss all the cases as bad cases, but then not make her own cases or try to shore up the least bad cases to something voteable.

It's not much. I'd be fine going back to Rarity (since she's been a non-entity this game so far), but I feel like Asiina "has legs."

Okay let's go over this then.

I have been participating in the conversation the entire day. I have the 5th highest postcount all day. Yes some was skyrim chat, but I've also been engaged. I have not been standing on the sidelines.

I have not dismissed all cases, just yours and Byers because I think they're both dumb. I've agreed with Gabriel's case on Squid and still feel it's a good one.

I am making my own cases. I've made cases on AnonymousNarcotic and Glockenapfel, however both are new and I don't want to vote for them today.

As for other thoughts

I think that when you were tunneling on Rarity it was scummy as hell, but I appreciate that you've backed off and are willing to look at other cases, so it's not my strongest read.

Byers I find hard to read cause he comes in guns blazing every game. I think his argument is dumb as hell, but he's making an effort to explain it in a way that doesn't ping me like yours against Rarity does.

Sandwolf's temper tantrum is par for the course, but he's being really snipey which I do not like. And his conversation with Chili a little while ago feels very fake.

Sandwolf is mad nobody is engaging with him.

Sandwolf posted:

Like if anyone else said this, I'd prolly vote them. But I know it could mean literally anything.

I think Rarity is very likely scum and I think Asiina is scum. I think Ecco and Chili are town. If you read my posts I've already said these loving things.

Chili posted:

Yes. I see that you said them. If people aren't listening you need to say it again, and in a different way. It's not like you put down some big grandiose case or anything.

I'm starting to wonder if this butthurt angle is a real thing. I don't remember you being like this...

Mafia dadding out of nowhere.

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't put down a grandiose case because not every case needs to be grandiose and furthermore, it's hard to make a D1 damning case. Instead, I'm posting my feelings as they come, if someone feels scummy I say so and vice versa.

Chili posted:

Sure, but can you get mad at us for not remembering those things when:

You're literally doing the same thing?

Bluch, this is probably a null, I don't think you're scum for any of this, so I'll shut up about it.

Sandwolf posted:

I wrote a response and then deleted it because I agree I don't think this is headed anywhere constructive unless someone thinks I'm scum.

This whole "lol nevermind" sits wrong with me. Chili agrees to engage in conversation with Sandwolf because Sandwolf is feeling ignored, but then decides that Sandwolf isn't scummy so they both spontaneously drop it? That wasn't the point of why they started talking in the first place and neither should be satisfied with this outcome.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey I have a vig, who should I kill?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Hey I have a vig, who should I kill?

Urself

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

^^

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

That wasn't the point of why they started talking in the first place and neither should be satisfied with this outcome.

Yeah but you're phrasing it like they coordinated it, which doesn't make sense. It was weird but things being weird isn't the end of the world.

I would be fine voting for Rarity instead of you, even if you think it's tunneling. ##vote Rarity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah but you're phrasing it like they coordinated it, which doesn't make sense. It was weird but things being weird isn't the end of the world.

I would be fine voting for Rarity instead of you, even if you think it's tunneling. ##vote Rarity

I think it might be coordinated. Why wouldn't that make sense?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

I dropped it because I didn't think it was constructive and didn't want to make the content leading up to hammer me and Chili arguing about semantics.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Back for a little.

Opop, if you do have a vig, I implore you, use it on CPIG. He is, the perfect kind of player to vig. I'll self inflict a bard post restriction on myself whereby I post songs of your good deeds if you kill him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Back for a little.

Opop, if you do have a vig, I implore you, use it on CPIG. He is, the perfect kind of player to vig. I'll self inflict a bard post restriction on myself whereby I post songs of your good deeds if you kill him.

holy poo poo do this

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I've got the same sort of "off" feelings, but not much more than that with regards to Asiina. There are better options out there, but to save myself I'd lynch her.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

How does a bunch of weird meta emoposting advance any scum agenda? You're presuming they're undertaking a lot of effort and coordination for something that doesn't actually make either of them look any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'd hold off on a vig until day 2 or 3 at least, or if it's clear that we're not going to lynch.

• Locked thread