Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah, so again, I am aware that hammering scum is a thing. If you want to consider this a "scumslip" because I wouldn't have known about this sort of thing as scum, fine. There's jack poo poo I can say to anyone to refute apart from the fact that that isn't what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

OH! Well how about that? I may get rewarded if I hammer scum.

Should have read my PM.

Makes a lot more sense now, but this is still a stupid vote.

Hahaha ##vote chili

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah I googled it but I still don't understand it in the context of the game.

Oh, poor Narc. I dont want to vote you because its D1 and you're a newbie, but you just outed yourself as scum.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Well, we're all forgetting the most important thing. If I'm scum then you know that one of the other members of the trifecta are town, and one of the others is from scum b.

But seriously bros.

Do me a boon, don't mislynch over something stupid.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Oh, poor Narc. I dont want to vote you because its D1 and you're a newbie, but you just outed yourself as scum.

On a normal day I'd vote Narc over Chili but yeah D1.

I am laughing a stupid laugh right now, this was a delightful turn of events even if it was the not-brightest timeline.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The poetry here is actually rather astute. I'll self hammer if someone votes me quick. Being done in over this kind slip is pretty drat funny. Any takers?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

On a normal day I'd vote Narc over Chili but yeah D1.

I am laughing a stupid laugh right now, this was a delightful turn of events even if it was the not-brightest timeline.

Can you at least acknowledge that if I flip town, this whole thing is really loving stupid? Cause seriously, how is making the mistake I made indicative of alignment, whatsoever?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
OPOP SHOOT loving CPIG

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

The poetry here is actually rather astute. I'll self hammer if someone votes me quick. Being done in over this kind slip is pretty drat funny. Any takers?

Hey, good idea. Now that we know that some town power roles level up if they hammer scum, let's make sure that nobody has the opportunity to get a reward for it. A+ town play.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

Hey, good idea. Now that we know that some town power roles level up if they hammer scum, let's make sure that nobody has the opportunity to get a reward for it. A+ town play.

Pretty sure Asiina did that work for you, buddy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

OPOP SHOOT loving CPIG

Yes please, I'd love for Opop to die as well. It suits my need for vengeance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Chili claim ur flavor plz

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh.... nevermind. I get what you mean Gabriel. I have a case of the stupids today.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I do find it funny that self-hammering is now apparently a legitimate scum tactic.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Vanilla Town. I'm Camilla Valerius, and I don't want anything to do with the fighting and such.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

I do find it funny that self-hammering is now apparently a legitimate scum tactic.

Not in this case, as me self hammering would yield 0 benefit to the town...

Because I'm not scum.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Does anyone else think this is legit?

Chili posted:

OH! Well how about that? I may get rewarded if I hammer scum.

Should have read my PM.

Makes a lot more sense now, but this is still a stupid vote.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

I do.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

No I don't.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm really confused though because I'm not. I would know if I was, right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I guess I should rephrase my previous post as "does anyone think this is legit", because I don't particularly think it is myself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It's possible. Were that it was not day 1 I would vote Narco over Chili.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

I'm really confused though because I'm not. I would know if I was, right?

Don't worry. You didn't out yourself as anything. These idiots are gonna mislynch me, see that I'm town, and realized that there's correlation between the dumb poo poo we said and our alignment. It's fine.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

It's possible. Were that it was not day 1 I would vote Narco over Chili.

Ecco, can you do me a solid? I get the general thrust of why I'm now uber scum, but can you plainly spell it out for me? I just want to see your thought process laid out.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nah you know why I voted you.

ninja: if you flip town though I'll do you the posthumous solid

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Not true.

I know that what I did, for some reason, seems like a scum slip. But I'm genuinely failing to see how.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I'll do you the posthumous solid

I think this is illegal

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

ninja: if you flip town though I'll do you the posthumous solid

Oh come on, don't loving Ledger me.

Tell me what's going on. We still have time left, there's still stuff worth talking about, we can get more people engaged and get more information before the day ends!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
All setup spec aside, you did call for a lynch on a useful claimed town role with no counterclaim in sight and other viable lynch candidates for today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How much longer does this Byers/Ecco slapfight go on for? I'm confident they're both town and should stop arguing.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Watcher can be anything, it can be town/3p/scum. I called for a lynch because of the odd overreaction.

Nevertheless, at first I didn't mind this little rush, but now, I don't like this. I don't like this one bit.

Forget about the losers who voted me early and did nothing about it. After I flip, everyone please remember exactly how this is going down.

This lynch makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently, Narco and I both did some horrible scum slippy thing. Which is all good and fine if you actually caught us. But you haven't caught us, because we're not scum together. You don't have to believe me now, but you NEED TO REMEMBER that after I flip town, Ecco grabbed the wheel when he saw a good opportunity and is driving a comical bandwagon, for an easy lynch.

This is something I love doing as scum. It leaves you with no accountability, because apparently I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!

Yet, my mistake is not being outlined.

Ecco is probably scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

How much longer does this Byers/Ecco slapfight go on for? I'm confident they're both town and should stop arguing.

Just skip to page 17.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
For posterity ##vote ecco

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

You don't have to believe me now, but you NEED TO REMEMBER that after I flip town, Ecco grabbed the wheel when he saw a good opportunity and is driving a comical bandwagon, for an easy lynch.

Hey now, don't try to pin this all on Ecco. Ecco, fiery_valkyrie, and I (maybe even CPig too!) all arrived at the same conclusion apparently independently (cross-scumteam collusion?!?!) and I feel good enough about this line of reasoning to accept responsibility for it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The more Chili says "I'M NOT SCUM! I'M NOT SCUM!" the more it seems like he is. To me, he seems nervous. He said earlier that he had to go and wouldn't be around for the rest of the night, but he's back, and insisting he's town. If he acted like town instead of just screaming about how he's totally town and we should all lynch him and find out how town he is, I would believe it.

##vote Chili

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##vote Chili RIP, you were a pretty chill(i) poster but you're probably scum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Chili!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

The more Chili says "I'M NOT SCUM! I'M NOT SCUM!" the more it seems like he is. To me, he seems nervous. He said earlier that he had to go and wouldn't be around for the rest of the night, but he's back, and insisting he's town. If he acted like town instead of just screaming about how he's totally town and we should all lynch him and find out how town he is, I would believe it.

##vote Chili

Hooooooooooly poo poo, now it's you too!

You do realize what you're doing, right?

Well, if I'm town should I hammer myself? I may as well right? Scum may get a benefit from killing me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You guys hammered while I'm still catching up. Rude :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:redhammer: No posting until some cool guy comes in here with the flip!

• Locked thread