Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Time to change I think

##vote whats for dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Motherfuck. Close to zero network data all afternoon. No chance to properly look at posts but I'll help on either djbbq or wfd.

Voting for bbq right now cause ive had a slightly higher feeling of suspicion on him but will flip if needed.

##vote dj-bbq

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business
[/quote]

Splode posted:

I'm happy to swap my vote to dinner

I think FS said he would too, so that's 6 for dinner. Still 3 short.

For being a character witness to my terrible posting history

##vote whats for dinner

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
##unvote

fine, gotta swap to someone i guess. i'm most suss on bbq after these posts but i'm not going to let a no-lynch happen either.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Getting slightly suss on Beet now for bothering to complain about my sucky cases, but not putting much of himself on the line or helping much in moving to a better lynch idea till it's getting real late. He seems happy to just let me twist around in the wind, cluelessly trying to piece together gently caress all while not much else effort is being made.

If you think that's an OMGUS, knock yourself out tomorrow and have at it if I'm still around, just get something going for chrissakes.

Actually voting now is helping, though. We got 8 votes now spread across dj and dinner. If we all worked together to pick one, that's still 1 more we gotta get.

Because it's d2 and there's gently caress all to build an argument on.

Me letting you twist in the wind? Hardly. You were making bad assumptions on FS and I'm not super suss on him.

Toml was looking at you too and I also said similar to him, there's not much there with Bif to make a case out of.

So I tried making a somewhat case for hidden movement which was weak as piss because he had posted gently caress all at the time. I said to you in the last hour It'd be interesting to confirm FS flip to pick apart who voted for him tomorrow and confirmed with toml I'd do that if we got stuck for a lynch. You've decided to ignore that though.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
##vote whats for dinner

No other options for a lynch before the deadline.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Tirade posted:

Motherfuck. Close to zero network data all afternoon. No chance to properly look at posts but I'll help on either djbbq or wfd.

Voting for bbq right now cause ive had a slightly higher feeling of suspicion on him but will flip if needed.

##vote dj-bbq

wind's blowing more in my direction, honestly

okay, should I survive another day I'm gonna have to start a spreadsheet or a document or something because this poo poo's hard to keep track of

there's two trains running at the moment, one on me and one on dj-bbq. his posts have been kinda noisy with just agreements and votes

Freudian Slip, you were right and it slipped my mind because I was thinking about too much other bullshit, I'm happy to see what happens with coq's role and play tonight; I just can't shake it from my head that role claiming and asking for defence is super scummy

##vote dj-bbq

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##unvote

##vote whats for dinner

[spoiler]My vote? Tacos.[/b]

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without whats for dinner!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
drat it. I hosed up my joke, and I have no way to edit it. Life is Sad

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Milky Moor posted:

##unvote

fine, gotta swap to someone i guess. i'm most suss on bbq after these posts but i'm not going to let a no-lynch happen either.

So why are you suss on dj-bbq when he was following your vote on me?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
The combined forces of the Autobots and Decepticons reach the automated security station of Iacon, and begin transforming the Autobot City into its defensive mode.

Optimus Prime: "Some of these controls are too complex, we need a team of experts to activate the more crucial control systems!"

Megatron: "I nominate Soundwave to carry out this delicate operation, are any Autobots present who could even begin match his intellect?"

Soundwave: "The Autobot Inventor Wheeljack has the necessary abilities."

Megatron: "You brought WHEELJACK?! What are you, tempting fate? Don't you remember the damage he caused last time??"

Optimus Prime: "Well, techincally that was Hardshell pretending to be Wheeljack, so.."

Wheeljack: "Hoo boy, I don't like where this is going..."

Megatron: "It's not going ANYWHERE for you! Say goodbye, 'Wheeljack'!"

Megatron fires a devastating shot of his cannon into Wheeljack's chest, destroying him instantly!

Optimus Prime: "I feel this could have been avoided somehow..."

------------------------------------

WHEELJACK has tested his last hypothesis!

(RIP WHATS FOR DINNER, TOWN NURSE)

I've got a fever and the only cure is NIGHT ACTIONS! You have until MIDNIGHT.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
The security systems are now online, and the automated defense turrets and automatic scanners around the launch pad surge into life.
The AUTOBOTS set up a base camp in the security centre and plan their next move.

Optimus Prime: "It's too unsafe to return to the Arks, we've seen that our enemies are among us, and absolutely ruthless. I won't endanger the lives of any more Autobots."

Grimlock: "You are fool, Optimus Prime. Me, Grimlock take refugees to Ark. Smash all who stop me."

Optimus Prime: "No Grimlock, I need you with me. We'll take a small team to where Perceptor saw those energy readings, hopefully we'll find evidence to what caused this attack."

Grimlock: "Huh. We see, Optimus. We soon see."

OPtimus Prime: "Jazz, I need you to scout ventillation systems beneath the security sector. Grimlock, Warpath, you're with me."

Jazz: "Can do Prime, I'll give you a shout when I've got something."

Jazz makes his way across the uh...moonlit ventilation systems with ease and style.

Jazz: "You readin' me Prime? Nothin' down here that I can see. Oh hold on, what's this?"

Optimus Prime: "I read you Jazz, what do you see?"

Jazz: "I, uh, I can see the target Prime. But uh.. he can see me. I'll catch you on the other side, friend. Stay cool."

Optimus Prime: "Jazz, no!"

Jazz: "Come at me fools! Gonna take more than you got to punch my clock!"

---------------------------------

Elsewhere Warpath is keeping guard outside the investigation point.

Warpath: "Oh a big guy eh? Well the bigger they are, the harder they fall! You've well and truly bitten off more than you can chew..."

Warpath: "Let's dance."

----------------------------------

Vortex: "Guys this mission's gone slag-shaped, I'm buggin' out!"

Radio voice: "The hell you are Vortex, get the job done!"

Vortex: "Screw this noise, I'm-"

-----------------------------------

At the site of the investigation, Prime and Grimlock are pouring over the data.

Optimus Prime: "Huge amounts of structural damage, devastating fire power... what could have done this..."

Grimlock: "Why you bring me Grimlock here again?"

Optimus Prime: "Quiet Grimlock I'm thinking... some sort of tank perhaps... or a cannon..."

Grimlock: "Yeah okay this great. Me Grimlock go over here while you talk to yourself."

Optimus Prime is suddenly laid low by a devastating blow.

Optimus Prime: "UGH, but... how...?"

Assailant: "Nap time."

Optimus Prime: "No..."

--------------------------------------

OPTIMUS PRIME has died (again).

(RIP MYSTICALMACHINEGUN, TOWN ALIGNED ONE-SHOT GOVERNOR)

JAZZ had his clock punched.

(RIP SKY COQ, TOWN COP)

WARPATH was KAPOWED.

(RIP KAT DELACOUR, TOWN ALIGNED BOMB)

VORTEX is outta here!

(RIP OLD DIRTY CUMBURGS, VANILLA SCUM)

----------------------------------------

MISSION THREE BEGINS!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (12): Bifauxnen, black_tangled, dj-bbq, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Matthew Beet, Milky Moor, Small Keating, Splode, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 7 minutes.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

A bloodbath.

Looks like I was wrong about Dinner. Sorry folks.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

holy poo poo

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Jesus. More roles than you can poke a stick at also.

Jazz "could be seen"... does that mean skycoq was killed by the person he was investigating?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Still tipping the presence of a paranoid gun owner.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

Still tipping the presence of a paranoid gun owner.

This seems like a pretty unlikely explanation when simpler ones are available. I don't think gaspy has used a paranoid gun owner before, it's not a very common role (because it's insanely powerful)

My theory is

Scum (in particular ODC) went after Kat, taking himself out in the process

Our second unknown killer (second scum team? Serial killer? NFI) went after MMG

And then maybe an even night vig killed Coq?

I'm struggling to explain the extra kill (3 would have made sense considering we had two last time and this time somebody was a bomb). Where did that 4th kill come from?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

I don't think gaspy has used a paranoid gun owner before
I don't think he's used a bomb or a governor before either, but here we are

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

I don't think he's used a bomb or a governor before either, but here we are

Good point.

How do you think the PGO thing went down, then? Like, it's possible, but a few vigilantes (maybe one shots) explains it just as well. PGO is a pretty specific role to get out of additional night kills.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

At work, so, phone posting but I'm looking at dj_bbq or Freudian based off yesterday's debate.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
##vote dj-bbq

I think FS is likely clean but will need to properly re-read yesterday's posts.

Hell, given coq's town flip I'll probably need to start reading the thread again from scratch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

Good point.

How do you think the PGO thing went down, then? Like, it's possible, but a few vigilantes (maybe one shots) explains it just as well. PGO is a pretty specific role to get out of additional night kills.

There were 4 deaths. One of those was due to another killed player being a bomb.

We then have three deaths to explain.

I think it's unlikely that any of these is down to a town vigilante, because there's really not enough for any town vigilante to sensibly pick any scum yet. (That is, hey, if there is a town vigilante, and you're responsible for one of these deaths, I'm now saying "Jesus, could you maybe wait until you've got a better read before you off another loving townie.)

I also think it's unlikely that scum has the power to off three townies in a single night.

Hence PGO.

This is backed up by how N1 played out. On N1 there were two deaths, and one of them suggested some sort of reaction kill that first made me think of the PGO.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Well I was right about Coqs claim and I am glad we didn't lynch him - but holy poo poo that's a lot dead.

I wouldn't be surprised if MMG was taken out by a Vig as he was part of team bandwaggon swap near the end from me to WFD.

OLD DIRTY CUMBURGS started the train on me and then swapped to WFD near hammer

I would also be looking at Milky and dj-bbq.

dj-bbq because of him voting for me even after Bif had retracted her case.

Milky, not only because he joined a bandwagon without any reasoning. He is meant to be this hot shot scum player, who has already revealed he has a power, yet he lives after last nights blood bath.

I just refreshed - hey Milky.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Freudian Slip posted:

dj-bbq because of him voting for me even after Bif had retracted her case.

I was phone posting last night, and did end up retracting before the hammer

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Hi, I'm town and I don't want to give out any further information pertaining to my role. I would suggest that people be very careful about, like last game, trying to run a lynch on me because I'm 'too dangerous'.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Bloody hell. Utter chaos.

Sorry folks, didn't get back into the marina until 9:30pm, too late to assist in the vote.

It turns out I was dead wrong on the Coq. RIP, sweet innocent Coq, taken from us too soon.

Milky's survival, given his reputation as World's Greatest Mafia Player (sorry Millzzzz), in the midst of all this blood letting, makes me very suspicious, but it has now been proven my scumdar is for poo poo, so who knows what the gently caress is going on.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

There were 4 deaths. One of those was due to another killed player being a bomb.

We then have three deaths to explain.

I think it's unlikely that any of these is down to a town vigilante, because there's really not enough for any town vigilante to sensibly pick any scum yet. (That is, hey, if there is a town vigilante, and you're responsible for one of these deaths, I'm now saying "Jesus, could you maybe wait until you've got a better read before you off another loving townie.)

I also think it's unlikely that scum has the power to off three townies in a single night.

Hence PGO.

This is backed up by how N1 played out. On N1 there were two deaths, and one of them suggested some sort of reaction kill that first made me think of the PGO.

town vigilante explanation is reasonable, but auspol are bad at this game, maybe somebody was convinced coq was scum?

The rest of your theory doesn't really make sense

If on night 1 there were two deaths and one came from a reaction kill from a PGO, and the other from scum, then why were there 3 kills on night 2? One PGO, one scum, one bomb, and one unexplained.

I just don't know why you're pushing this so hard? It's odd.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Splode posted:

town vigilante explanation is reasonable, but auspol are bad at this game, maybe somebody was convinced coq was scum?

The rest of your theory doesn't really make sense

If on night 1 there were two deaths and one came from a reaction kill from a PGO, and the other from scum, then why were there 3 kills on night 2? One PGO, one scum, one bomb, and one unexplained.

I just don't know why you're pushing this so hard? It's odd.

The one you're saying was "unexplained" could be either a second scum team, or a scum traitor with a night kill ability. It could also be a town vigilante, but in that case I'd really like that vig to holster its loving gun and chill the gently caress out because it clearly doesn't know what it's doing yet (which is fine, there's not enough info, but spray and pray is just killing townies right now).

Either way, whether there's a second scum team, a scum traitor with a night kill ability, or a town vigilante, PGO is a viable explanation for the other death, especially in light of N1 flavour text.

I'm not pushing this hard, because ultimately it doesn't really matter (short of encouraging town to be careful who it performs its night actions on), but my theory makes sense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So it looks like the sudden piling on the FS case was indeed first started by scum, thanks to Old Dirty Cumburgs.

Asphyxious posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Freudian Slip (4): Old Dirty Cumburgs, MysticalMachineGun, Milky Moor, dj-bbq
dj-bbq (2): Splode, Gwynplaine
black_tangled (1): Bifauxnen
SKY COQ (1): Small Keating
whats for dinner (1): Those On My Left, Splode, black_tangled, Splode, black_tangled
Tirade (0): Milky Moor, Milky Moor

Not Voting (8): black_tangled, Freudian Slip, hiddenmovement, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ, Tirade, whats for dinner

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 55 minutes.

MMG was following along innocently though. I think scum would be careful not to start a dogpile too obviously and quickly, especially when us floundering around towards a no-lynch is still great for them. But I'd bet that at least one of Milky or BBQ could be scum, trying to keep it going after a townie (MMG) had got on board. An FS lynch would've been great to set me up for the next day if he flipped town.

Milky and Tirade, I don't want to encourage you to roleclaim too early. But just for the record, whenever there is an appropriate time for one of them to explain more, I hope everyone remembers to look back to the morning of D2 to try and verify whatever was going on between those two and if it makes sense or not.

Now that we know Coq was town cop after all, I still find it odd that scum didn't try and push for a lynch on him any harder yesterday. That was one thing really messing with my head after he'd seemed so certain to be next on the chopping block. Scum seem to be playing it very cautious during the day, maybe because there's enough blood during the nights that they don't want to take as many risks during the day for little profit.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Small Keating posted:

Bloody hell. Utter chaos.

Sorry folks, didn't get back into the marina until 9:30pm, too late to assist in the vote.

It turns out I was dead wrong on the Coq. RIP, sweet innocent Coq, taken from us too soon.

Milky's survival, given his reputation as World's Greatest Mafia Player (sorry Millzzzz), in the midst of all this blood letting, makes me very suspicious, but it has now been proven my scumdar is for poo poo, so who knows what the gently caress is going on.

Yeah, I'm similarly a bit clueless at this point.

Here are the currently living posters with their post rates. I was going to do more of an effort post but have some work to do atm.

Bifauxnen
49 posts (2nd highest post rate)

black_tangled
42 posts (4th highest post rate)

dj-bbq
14 posts (lowest post rate)

Freudian Slip
30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)

Gwynplaine
28 posts (7th highest post rate)

hiddenmovement
19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)

Matthew Beet
79 posts (highest post rate)

Milky Moor
22 posts (3rd lowest post rate)

Small Keating
19 posts (equal 2nd lowest post rate)

Splode
43 posts (3rd highest post rate)

Those On My Left
35 posts (5th highest post rate)

Tirade
30 posts (equal 6th highest post rate)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nothing you'd worked up over the course of the night, TOML? I see you posting a lot of stuff about mechanics and roles and how maybe there's a 2nd scum team, but not a whole lot of actual casing about what person could be a scum.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Nothing you'd worked up over the course of the night, TOML? I see you posting a lot of stuff about mechanics and roles and how maybe there's a 2nd scum team, but not a whole lot of actual casing about what person could be a scum.

Those On My Left posted:

I was going to do more of an effort post but have some work to do atm.

chill out

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

It looks like TOML started the vote on whats for dinner, though there was a reasonable case there regarding the sudden anidav hammer.

However, now that Coq is known town, the swift hammer on anidav can be seen as just dumb play rather than scum trying to save their own, so the case on WFD dissolves.

Hmmm.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I've got some theories going from what was last night want to think on it a little more.

I lost my effort post on FS and Bif last night so I'll try rewrite that this morning. I also had looked at hidden and MMG but I can scrap the MMG part now obviously.

Bif: stop trying to pry info out of milky and Tirade. That's twice now you've been called out trying to get tidbits from people about their roles. Any one who has played this game before should be able to work it out. You included.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For what it's worth, I don't think the two scum teams idea is even looking very likely at all. If the scum were separated and unaware of each other, you'd think they'd have hit each other with some friendly fire by now, with the high number of deaths we've had so far.

How many scum teams there are doesn't even really help the town analysis that much. It might make us worry more about how many kills there could be on which nights, but provides absolutely no help in figuring out who belongs to said teams. The only instance I can think of where knowing the number of scum teams could maybe help is untangling the motivations of two separate scum so genuinely at each other's throats that we'd feel convinced one of them was town otherwise. But that would still be hard to analyze or figure out in any way until after the fact. It just seems like nearly pointless information. When I was scum with Milky in that big 8-scum team, we pushed that idea of two teams hard, to make people more confused. It's not helpful.

So who's been most pushing this idea, to look as if they're helping the town analysis in any way?

black_tangled
TOML
Milky

Beet and Splode have also briefly mentioned it, but more in reply to those 3.

Matthew Beet posted:

Bif: stop trying to pry info out of milky and Tirade. That's twice now you've been called out trying to get tidbits from people about their roles. Any one who has played this game before should be able to work it out. You included.

Not in a Gaspy game, I'm not sure if I can work it out. Tirade could be something weird like an odd-night commuter for all the gently caress I know.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like I said, they don't need to say anything now, just make sure you don't bloody forget it once one of em does claim or flip.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

there are women in here too mate

a fragment of a very weak radio signal, very faint, comes from the direction of a far away galaxy, broadcast for eons before being detected by the sensitive antennae of the Autocons. Once decrypted it says:

my breasts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

OK, speculating on the number of teams is not helpful, I will stop :)

Milky Moor posted:

At work, so, phone posting but I'm looking at dj_bbq or Freudian based off yesterday's debate.

Really? DJ BBQ seemed like a clear "we got nothing better" situation and Bif started the ball on FS just to spark a discussion and then instantly retracted it.

Argh, I have no time to post this morning and going into a lunch meeting now.

• Locked thread