Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
How did the hacker even give you money in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

he voice chatted the public to come to his location then his character started dropping bags of $40k.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone interested in playing around 6pm CST tonight on PS3?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Akion posted:

As I anxiously await the PC release, a question comes to my head. Back on PS3, I used a glitch that let me buy the Cargobob from whoever it is that sells airplanes/choppers so that I could call it in whenever I wanted. Is it still going to be in my list available from them when I come back or did R* take them away?

You can't buy a new one but it should still be available. There are PS3->PS4 (or whatever) version switchers who still have Cargobobs.

Rockstar released an infographic a while ago showing the most purchased helicopters and the Cargobob placed in the list - it might have been #2 - despite it never being "officially" available for sale. That's hilarious to me.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

You can't buy a new one but it should still be available. There are PS3->PS4 (or whatever) version switchers who still have Cargobobs.

Rockstar released an infographic a while ago showing the most purchased helicopters and the Cargobob placed in the list - it might have been #2 - despite it never being "officially" available for sale. That's hilarious to me.

It's the best. It makes cheesing some missions really easy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fyodor posted:

he voice chatted the public to come to his location then his character started dropping bags of $40k.
That makes sense. A lot of modders have been able to spawn items in free roam once they know the item's reference. What would be hilarious is if they found the code for heist money bags that R* accidentally left in.

GTA Online: The real heist is stealing funbux from R*

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Akion posted:

As I anxiously await the PC release, a question comes to my head. Back on PS3, I used a glitch that let me buy the Cargobob from whoever it is that sells airplanes/choppers so that I could call it in whenever I wanted. Is it still going to be in my list available from them when I come back or did R* take them away?

I did it and I still have it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Akion posted:

Psion posted:

I made the 360->PS4 jump around thanksgiving or so and I still have mine. :thumbsup:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
What was that trick for Blow Up 2? I wasn't getting anything for blowing up all those cops or staying wanted.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ElwoodCuse posted:

What was that trick for Blow Up 2? I wasn't getting anything for blowing up all those cops or staying wanted.

Trick?

Uhh, get in your tank, move yellow car, blow up the other cars, kick back take some :catdrugs: and enjoy 15+ minutes of cop-roasting, tank-smashing fun. Then when you're done, kill yourself and use the extra life to deliver the yellow car to Simeon in piece.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I parked my heli pretty good.

it is under los santos, in the sewer systems.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Trick?

Uhh, get in your tank, move yellow car, blow up the other cars, kick back take some :catdrugs: and enjoy 15+ minutes of cop-roasting, tank-smashing fun. Then when you're done, kill yourself and use the extra life to deliver the yellow car to Simeon in piece.

Yeah but wasn't I supposed to get some mega payout? I might as well have just done Trash Talk or Mixed up with coke in 1/3 of the time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah but wasn't I supposed to get some mega payout? I might as well have just done Trash Talk or Mixed up with coke in 1/3 of the time.

Just in RP, not cash.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah, I didn't get squat until the mission ended. The other ones give 25 rp a pop for killing dudes plus whatever at the end.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

ElwoodCuse posted:

The payout is around 20k, but the big play here is for RP not cash. You won't find another mission with a better RP reward, which should be around 10k.

Speaking of, I wonder what the payout for heists will be in terms of RP. I'm hoping that they introduce some more incentives for ranking up once heists are introduced.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 19, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sorted it out, just wasn't doing it long enough.

Are invincible ghost cars the current cheat thing? Saw a lot of that today.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ElwoodCuse posted:

The "mega payout" is chill, laid back, cop-killin' Tank Time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Sorted it out, just wasn't doing it long enough.

Are invincible ghost cars the current cheat thing? Saw a lot of that today.

That's just what passive looks like on next gen.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER
Urgh the servers kicked me out duke chin, it can't handle us. Trying again now.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Once I get a race/mission going, things are usually good, but I can't dick around in freeroam for more than 5 minutes without getting kicked out.

I did manage to put the finishing touches on this race, which I'm pretty proud of. It's a fast race, despite having lots and lots of turns, staying mostly in and around the docks. All in all, there'a like 52 checkpoints, and most of the creation time was ensuring that you could do it without looking down at the radar to know where you're supposed to go next.

This might be a link to the race, or it might be a Russian dick cream ad page. Who knows? :rockstar:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/bisticlz/games/gtav/jobs/job/eh_HHcVFik2H9-vZquqDtA

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Chiming in to say that is a great race and I dug it a lot, but thumbs down because it was NOT a link for a Russian dick cream.

Fake edit: See how easy it is to NOT poo poo on people's races because you can't handle them? *rimshot*

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Fake edit: See how easy it is to NOT poo poo on people's races because you can't handle them? *rimshot*

This is extra funny coming from a guy who can't complete a single lap and pusses out in one of the most played goon races ever.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It's a race off, Billy Zane

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Slim Killington posted:

This is extra funny coming from a guy who can't complete a single lap and pusses out in one of the most played goon races ever.

Oh, put your tampon back in and go back to your no-fun zone. You're rally bringing it down over here with us fun people.

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 20, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Some fun people better be on tonight. :)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I can't find any

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Don't you worry your pretty little head--I'll be along soon. Then the fun time happy hours can begin.

We need playlists tonight. Lots and lots of playlists. Sounds like a job for Geeves if I ever heard one.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I likely won't be getting on til 10ish my time, 9 ESTish. If I end up in the middle of a playlist, no biggie....not like I would be on the top places anyway.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Don't you worry your pretty little head--I'll be along soon. Then the fun time happy hours can begin.

We need playlists tonight. Lots and lots of playlists. Sounds like a job for Geeves if I ever heard one.

Well, hopefully R* stops rockstarring its network. Funny that I just went 2 hours of Forza with no interruptions to be met with this.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'll be on around 8:30 or so for some playlists and mayhem.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm on now, hoping for some wacky hijinx tonight.
Also, I saw this on my way back from picking up groceries today and my first instinct was to start mashing the triangle button.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Finally home! I want to level up tonight y'all >:~)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bisticles posted:

I'm on now, hoping for some wacky hijinx tonight.
Also, I saw this on my way back from picking up groceries today and my first instinct was to start mashing the triangle button.

Heh, I keep seeing GTA-esque cars too, was gonna post this before I saw your post. (friend's terrible photo)

Someone bought a shark card

I want that one.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Thanks for all the goony shenanigans tonight all..I went on an adding spree, PSN ID same as my username here..woke my wife up cackling at the vulture mask wearing BMX stealing stuff!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

fyodor posted:

some hacker just gave me and a bunch of other randos millions of moneys. i, naturally, have laundered it in car purchases.

This is how I made my current fortune. An old buddy on PS3 used his jailbroken system to make infinite bundles of money and wallets fall out of my butt until I had $85 million. Even when you're driving you'd see the bundles of money falling out of the car door, helicopter door, back of the boat, whatever. It reminded me of that scene from Family Guy where Peter gets pulled over and every inch he moves causes the clanking of a giant pile of beer bottles, except with sweet stolen money. Just a few weeks back I transferred my character to PS4 and the money transferred just fine and R* hasn't touched it yet. It does show up on Social Club as money picked up so it will kinda stand out there but my little pie chart has been hosed ever since the multi billion dollar bounty days. So if you've got any friends with a jailbroken PS3 tell em to download the mod menus and make it raaaaaain.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm glad that Horse Factory finally has its own theme music

edit: Here's some videos. Apparently I didn't catch the video showing cars sprouting up from the pavement during one of last night's races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgk_J1bi9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHIy9kor7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXIWNCL4Oss

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 21, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Is this Neil deGrasse Tyson's car?

Edit, still unsure of Lasagna's random flip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHmFh_0SquY

geeves fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 21, 2015

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for helping me get that hearse last night, guys.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tooling around in hearses and doing donuts in the middle of an intersection is almost as fun as doing the same thing with cop cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Thanks for helping me get that hearse last night, guys.

That's awesome. I want a hearse.

One more video. I was tightening up one of my races and found a fun little feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO49bLJawJg

• Locked thread