Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Odddzy posted:

yeah, I thought about that, the brother does have some pull but lobbying on his end ''publicly'' can't hurt. At worst it's gonna make him trend a bit on twitter.

I'd acutally love to see his brother get an interview show. He's smart as hell and been everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Norm owns

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The new mike tyson show has plenty of great Norm.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

The new mike tyson show has plenty of great Norm.

I thought he flaked on that

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Skip My Posts posted:

I thought he flaked on that

He sticks around for a few episodes usually man, give him a break.

He's actually a voice on that show? It looks funny, hope he has a big role

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

First two eps are up on Cartoon Network if you wanna check it out:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/mike-tyson-mysteries/?SR=Mike_Tyson_cartoon_show

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AxeManiac posted:

He's actually a voice on that show? It looks funny, hope he has a big role

Yeah he's excellent.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This sure has been a graciously brief summer hiatus.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Saw Norm in Cleveland last night. Excellent as always. Funniest part was how he kept pretending he was about to light a cigarette the whole time. At first we thought it was just supposed to be funny because he'd start to light and then go off on some tangent, but we later figured out it was because he wasn't allowed to smoke in there and he was just loving with the management.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Human Crouton posted:

Saw Norm in Cleveland last night. Excellent as always. Funniest part was how he kept pretending he was about to light a cigarette the whole time. At first we thought it was just supposed to be funny because he'd start to light and then go off on some tangent, but we later figured out it was because he wasn't allowed to smoke in there and he was just loving with the management.

Lmao

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

The Human Crouton posted:

Does he post his touring schedule somewhere?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fly McCool posted:

Does he post his touring schedule somewhere?

I don't know. My sister only found out about it two days before the show because she follows a local comedian on twitter who opened for him.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe try typing Norm Macdonald tour dates into the computer and see what it spits out.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
http://www.normmacdonald.tv/

It's a very hip site.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Not the podcast, but here are 12 hours of Norm on Howard Stern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0MCnxq3Fk

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I recently started listening to Norm's podcast but it seems like it stops in July 2014, is Norm ok?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Crankit posted:

I recently started listening to Norm's podcast but it seems like it stops in July 2014, is Norm ok?

Yeah, he's just Norm.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
He didn't look bad on the SNL thing the other week. Hopefully that jump starts him a bit and he gets going again.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Do you know if there will be more podcasts?

How famous is Norm, I live in europe and only know of him because as a student I used to watch a lot of late night tv which included I think it was The Norm Show.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Crankit posted:

Do you know if there will be more podcasts?

How famous is Norm, I live in europe and only know of him because as a student I used to watch a lot of late night tv which included I think it was The Norm Show.

The question we're constantly asking ourselves.

Norm fans are the most masochistic fans in Hollywood, Norm is famous for flaking on shows and obligations all the time. He's like some insane genius that can be hilarious when he wants to be, but is rarely motivated for too long. Your guess is as good as ours. The guy takes so many hiatuses he makes Artie Lange look reliable.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought this thread came alive because of Norm's twitter storytime today http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/norm-macdonald-eddie-murphy-was-to-be-cosby-in-celebri-1686686768

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I really hope he finishes that books he's been working on for awhile. I imagine he'll burn the final draft or something because well, Norm.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It is interesting to see people like Norm who in all rights is a celebrity, and worked with them for decades, still be amazed by it all. He tells a good story, even through the terrible medium that is twitter.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Norm is going to be a judge on next season's Last Comic Standing. Never thought I'd watch that show, but I have to now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How Much Art posted:

Norm is going to be a judge on next season's Last Comic Standing. Never thought I'd watch that show, but I have to now.

Is adam egret a contestant?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

steinrokkan posted:

No, he will replace Norm when he inevitably doesn't show up for taping.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
My first thought was, "How many episodes will he make it until he needs to be replaced for never showing up?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Advice posted:

My first thought was, "How many episodes will he make it until he needs to be replaced for never showing up?"

How Much Art posted:

No, he will replace Norm when he inevitably doesn't show up for taping.

The train of thought of any Norm fan :saddowns::hf::saddowns:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

steinrokkan posted:

No but he is a holocaust denier

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gyshall posted:

"Laughing at your jokes would be more disingenuous than believing that the smokestacks of Birkenau could support the death machine of the Holocaust "
- Norm Macdonald's verdict on Last Comic Standing

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Gyshall posted:

Say what you will about the man, he sucks a mean rear end in a top hat.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
I wonder how Jeselnik and Norm will do in tandem. I reckon Jeselnik will be the mean one, I just can't see Norm tearing into someone in earnest. I can see him very sarcastically commending awful comedians, however. He'll also have the tremendous opportunity to set up Roseanne Barr to say increasingly (yet hopefully innocuous) crazier things as the season progresses, which is a plus.

I'd wager he makes it half a season before publicly shitcanning the show and getting fired. Or Don Ohlmayer will fire him before it even gets off the ground. Either way is exciting because Norm's take on it will be hilarious as always. Still really surprised Norm is back to work for NBC, though.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I hope he calls OJ a murderer and Michael Jackson a homosexual pedophile in the first 10 minutes.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I really can't see Norm enjoying himself under the restraints of network TV again. He just seems to have so much fun making homophobic Adam Eget jokes and holocaust denial jokes. Can he even work family-friendly anymore?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Advice posted:

I really can't see Norm enjoying himself under the restraints of network TV again. He just seems to have so much fun making homophobic Adam Eget jokes and holocaust denial jokes. Can he even work family-friendly anymore?

I guess he was well behaved and funny on the snl reunion. There was only one norm-like weird moment on it, thought.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Advice posted:

I enjoy doing that too, but when you need to make money...

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I hope his personality shines through the editing.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HimtWV1EUyc

25:17

Timeless.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

I am not sure what is stranger, an unjaded Letterman or an extremely handsome young Norm. Either way, the quickdraw-Weatherman won the day for me!

That was pretty good comedy, though. I wonder if the shallow grave joke here was the catalyst for 'Janice'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Looks like Norm is doing a live feed of the Masters on Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GiPL9cC8A0

• Locked thread