Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey BBQ, you want to try and get yourself not lynched? Why don't you hop over on my vote, or are you not too keen on voting for the people I've called out for some reason?

"Hey BBQ, I think you're scum, remember? Useless scum at that too!"

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh I agree fully that he's scum, but I think he's useless scum. He's trying to stall and give the others time and let them throw him under the bus.

Prove your not scum by voting this other person I point to. This is a totally legit strategy and has nothing to do with that person calling me scummy since yesterday . :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Tell you what, Beet. You are right that you've hunted more than TOML. Between that and TOML's giant effort distraction post, I think that makes him a bit higher on the suss list and worth targeting him first in my theory.

##vote Those On My Left

I brought up your joke only because it helped remind me that you actually haven't been looking at TOML at all. Why not? Why don't you go work on him now while we're waiting?

actually laughing at this post

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Just noticed the only other time TOML's bothered trying to make a proper casing post on anyone was also on me. You guys sure don't like to look at each other too hard. I like my spicy food, but I hope you're not just serving up more of the same.

Because he's not acting scummy! You are! How is this a hard concept to understand?!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Barbecue's behind it all!

vote dj-bbq

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

I would argue TOML has mischaracterised my contributions, however minor they might appear in the face of his mighty wall o' text. I have gone over the posting histories of Mithranderp, Anidav, Mills, Coq, ODC and DJ-BBQ and made summarised posts based on what info and patterns I could glean. My last post was not so much to rouse silent posters as to draw attention to DJ-BBQ and the similarity between their posting style and that of ODC, who was scum. I would like to hear more from hidden movement and Gwynplaine, and I am interested to see where the Bif/Beet/TOML rivalry goes, but none of those cases stands out nearly as much as that of DJ-BBQ.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Small Keating posted:

I would argue TOML has mischaracterised my contributions, however minor they might appear in the face of his mighty wall o' text.

Yeah, isn't that funny?

Well, I've made my opinions known, you guys gonna hop on that BBQ bus?

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
To me, that is.

Note that I appreciate TOML's contribution and am not prepared to OMGUS him even if he has decided to call me out as suss, a decision I can only attribute to stress at work or possibly roidrage.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Tell you what, Beet. You are right that you've hunted more than TOML. Between that and TOML's giant effort distraction post, I think that makes him a bit higher on the suss list and worth targeting him first in my theory.

##vote Those On My Left

I brought up your joke only because it helped remind me that you actually haven't been looking at TOML at all. Why not? Why don't you go work on him now while we're waiting?

Oh god bif. what are you doing?

:ughh:

##vote bifauxnen

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Gwynplaine posted:

vote dj-bbq

You tried this yesterday

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I haven't even READ that toml post yet, (:eyepop:) and you're still digging.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh noooo, why don't you vote for the ~sure thing~ instead!

Here let me help you out

GAAAH I'M BIFAUXNEN AND I'M JUST SO GODDAMN SCUMMY :supaburn:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah, that's one of the issues with it I felt was relevant.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
If Bif is scum I'm going to go mental because she's been scum in like every game I've played and, man, the odds on that!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BBQ since you're here, get off your rear end and give some actual opinion on who is scum if it's not you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Are you conflicted Beet? About whether I'm a better lynch than BBQ?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Sensational post TOML. I'll give my thoughts after work tonight but I'm broadly in agreement.

For now, ##unvote

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

dj-bbq posted:

You tried this yesterday

True. It didn't work, though.

Then more died

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

vote dj-bbq

This is the second time you've made this joke. Do you have any reason behind it or are you just jumping on board while we're all distracted?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Small Keating posted:

I would argue TOML has mischaracterised my contributions, however minor they might appear in the face of his mighty wall o' text. I have gone over the posting histories of Mithranderp, Anidav, Mills, Coq, ODC and DJ-BBQ and made summarised posts based on what info and patterns I could glean. My last post was not so much to rouse silent posters as to draw attention to DJ-BBQ and the similarity between their posting style and that of ODC, who was scum. I would like to hear more from hidden movement and Gwynplaine, and I am interested to see where the Bif/Beet/TOML rivalry goes, but none of those cases stands out nearly as much as that of DJ-BBQ.

This a pretty defensive post.

As for the bif/toml/beet clusterfuck, here are my thoughts.

None of Bif's arguments have been particularly compelling (most notably the FS argument). It smells like fake scumhunting to me.
Here's how I expect the FS thing worked. She found a weak argument against FS, posted about it so it looked like she was scumhunting, then got nervous when others (possibly her scummy friends) started to bandwagon on it and she realised she was going to look pretty bad when FS flipped town, then tried to turn it on the low post count players who jumped on it.

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Those On My Left

Struggling to find a convincing argument, getting actual scumhunters to do it for you? This just seems a bit desperate really.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh yeah, totally Splode. Just tell me though guys, anyone who wants to vote for me, are you doing so because you think I'm a better scum to lynch than BBQ, or because you think BBQ is innocent?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'm too dumb to know what to actually look for. But barbecue is too quiet. Now I realise they're known for this but they keep on springing up only when directly challenged and offering little in the way of insight or scumhunting.

I'm not offering much either, but bbq's meant to be an experienced player.

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

I'm just not sure what else to go with.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Bifauxnen posted:

BBQ since you're here, get off your rear end and give some actual opinion on who is scum if it's not you.

My current lines of thinking:

You: because you've called on me a few times to try and backup your case. Although, I'm suspicious of a Beet/TOML gangup against you, which might be forcing you to grasp at straws?

TOML: as I've said before, a lot of misdirection and redirection, and that huge effortpost hasn't helped my opinion.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh yeah, totally Splode. Just tell me though guys, anyone who wants to vote for me, are you doing so because you think I'm a better scum to lynch than BBQ, or because you think BBQ is innocent?

yes, bif, I think you are a better asset to scum than BBQ is

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

dj-bbq posted:

TOML: as I've said before, a lot of misdirection and redirection, and that huge effortpost hasn't helped my opinion.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd say both, because I'm not as sold as him being scum as I am on you at this stage, and if you're both scum you're a bigger risk to leave alive.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right. I'd really appreciate if you could get this on the record whether or not you actually think BBQ is scum, cause it'll be so convenient if you forget tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Other things I'm curious to have aired this afternoon - will anyone actually read all the way through TOML's wall of text?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Other things I'm curious to have aired this afternoon - will anyone actually read all the way through TOML's wall of text?

Yes.

Planning on reading through it again when I get home.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
On reflection I'm not sold. It seems all too neat, the one-two from toml and beets has me on edge.

Bif, you've voted for three people so far today which doesn't make for much of a counter narrative. Who would you put on the top of your suss list out of those three, and why?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I read it all, it was a pretty good summary IMO.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'd put TOML on top, because there is a very very slim chance that Beet could just be lazy and mixed up rather than tied to TOML. TOML is supposed to be mister big logical thinker, but he's been very quiet and only weighing in on game mechanics issues mostly. His personal casing seems surprisingly limited to me, until just now... when he acts like he's making up for lost time by dropping a massive dump on anyone that's pretty much useless. And appears to be misrepresenting at least me. So yes, he seems more actively scummy.

Beet is next cause he seems to have similarly focused only on me for making serious cases while having huge blind spots on others, especially TOML... apart from his early case on Coq. I think he felt safe just throwing some poo poo around on D1 when all would be forgiven in the confusion and he'd be remembered as at least being an effort scumhunter.

BBQ is next, even if he was town he's being willfully useless. I think before the blowup today, he was trying to draw attention today cause he's vanilla compared to the others, so a good candidate to bus and distract us if he was next to go anyway.

b_t has been posting a lot of white noise so she'd be next on my list.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh, Splode's been weighing in more as well, not sure if that's from him being scum too or because he seems to join in with a lot of stuff.

Splode, did you actually check how many links matched up to what TOML said was going on?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Honestly the most exculpatory thing that Bif has done is fully OMGUSed me. (I've been suss on her since D2.) This "OMG TOML WROTE TOO MUCH, SCUM" tantrum is so basic that I can't imagine her scum colleagues would be thrilled at her for doing it.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

We've swung and missed twice with our lynching is there any one person who made compelling arguments towards both lynchings?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

On reflection I'm not sold. It seems all too neat, the one-two from toml and beets has me on edge.

Bif, you've voted for three people so far today which doesn't make for much of a counter narrative. Who would you put on the top of your suss list out of those three, and why?

ATTENTION SCUM: opinions appear to be wavering, please argue for me harder!

Get someone else in on it TOML, so many town have blown up in only 2 nights we could really use a break here.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

Honestly the most exculpatory thing that Bif has done is fully OMGUSed me. (I've been suss on her since D2.) This "OMG TOML WROTE TOO MUCH, SCUM" tantrum is so basic that I can't imagine her scum colleagues would be thrilled at her for doing it.

Actually nope on second thought it's basically the same routine she pulled last game, when she completely lost her poo poo at Asphxyious.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

We've swung and missed twice with our lynching is there any one person who made compelling arguments towards both lynchings?

I am becoming awfully suspicious of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

Actually nope on second thought it's basically the same routine she pulled last game, when she completely lost her poo poo at Asphxyious.

Not quite. I was pretty genuinely annoyed then for a while, but this one is way more fun cause I'm town with nothin' left to lose :frogc00l:

:pcgaming: "MELTDOWN" INTENSIFIES :pcgaming:

• Locked thread