Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thank you Gaspy!

Ladies and gentlemen, our esteemed audience,

This is just a demonstration.

This arena has been rigged with a bomb. A lynchbomb. As I understand it, scum don't tend to have lynchbombs!

TOML, neither of us is leaving alive.

Unless the rest of you can scumhunt me up a better target.

Get hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
oh my god are you loving serious

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Bifauxnen posted:

Get hunting.

:suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Bifauxnen posted:

Unless the rest of you can scumhunt me up a better target.

What does this mean? how does this work? I DON'T UNDERSTAND?!?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wtf

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dj-bbq posted:

What does this mean? how does this work? I DON'T UNDERSTAND?!?

It doesn't work!

Gaspy said we could vote only for those two.

So Bif's basically saying vote her and lose toml too, or only lose toml. That's a poo poo deal either way you look at it.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
It's cool! We have over an hour.

That said, If they both die regardless of who is what -we may get some answers.

If they're both town then we're bang in trouble.

And at this stage, I suspect they might be.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

It's cool! We have over an hour.

That said, If they both die regardless of who is what -we may get some answers.

If they're both town then we're bang in trouble.

And at this stage, I suspect they might be.

This and voting for toml literally after Tirade said it'd be a scummy play. How are we all ignoring Gwynplaine?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

if bif is town, and toml is town (and i think he is) then using your lynch bomb on him is a really bad move, bif.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

This and voting for toml literally after Tirade said it'd be a scummy play. How are we all ignoring Gwynplaine?

I haven't been.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

if bif is town, and toml is town (and i think he is) then using your lynch bomb on him is a really bad move, bif.

That's why I've told you all about it, so you can look at the playing field now and argue for a better case if there is one.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

Because he's just stupid!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But, as I said, if TOML is town, even if I wasn't a lynchbomb I think it was a bad move to force this vote when we could've agreed on BBQ.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

I haven't been.

Sorry besides you, you did bring something up about role blocking earlier? I just got distracted with this.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost:

ahahahahahahahHAHWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHMWAHAHAHAHAA

c'est magnefique

:ghost:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

No poo poo! .

Bifauxnen posted:

That's why I've told you all about it, so you can look at the playing field now and argue for a better case if there is one.

But one of you still has to due. We can't vote anyone else, so you're demanding we provide a better target within an hour that your satisfied with for us to chat tomorrow? And you wonder why we all thought you scummy?

Gaspy what happens if votes are tied?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Sorry besides you, you did bring something up about role blocking earlier? I just got distracted with this.

Yeah. Gwyn's a new player, right? I found it strange that they were all 'he's being quiet and stoic, just like a roleblocker' or whatever.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm too dumb to know what to actually look for. But barbecue is too quiet. Now I realise they're known for this but they keep on springing up only when directly challenged and offering little in the way of insight or scumhunting.

I'm not offering much either, but bbq's meant to be an experienced player.

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

I'm just not sure what else to go with.

Emphasis mine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well hey, I thought it was TOML. I still do, and would still like to use the bomb on him if you guys just stuck with voting for me, but now that it's pretty much a done deal, why not give you all a chance to persuade me otherwise? It's only fair.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Well hey, I thought it was TOML. I still do, and would still like to use the bomb on him if you guys just stuck with voting for me, but now that it's pretty much a done deal, why not give you all a chance to persuade me otherwise? It's only fair.

Because if you're scum - and a scum lynchbomb is possible - you'll just blow him up regardless. Meanwhile, we're throwing more information into the thread for the scum to dissect and plan with.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Just figured a roleblocker who didn't announce their role might just be playing well.

I'm just yammering here. I literally don't know what makes a post scummy or not. Apparently the way I type?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

Because if you're scum - and a scum lynchbomb is possible - you'll just blow him up regardless. Meanwhile, we're throwing more information into the thread for the scum to dissect and plan with.

Oh noo, we can't scumhunt cause then the scum might know who we're hunting!

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter though if you guys voted for TOML anyway, cause then the bomb won't go off. You guys really still think he's town?

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm just yammering here. I literally don't know what makes a post scummy or not. Apparently the way I type?

It's not what you type, it's how you type it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

If you're town(even less likely after this gambit) , and he's town (which is more than likely I think ) you're just going to kill let two townies die today to satisfy your whims? You're jeopardising a town victory on not getting your own way?!

That is NOT in the interest of town therefore not town behaviour.

This is unbelievable.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh noo, we can't scumhunt cause then the scum might know who we're hunting!

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter though if you guys voted for TOML anyway, cause then the bomb won't go off. You guys really still think he's town?

I think this is a very dramatic play designed to spook people into at best forcing a draw or, at worse, voting for TOML. This is something you should've announced [i]earlier[i] once the train on you was rolling before trying to force an incredibly difficult choice on the town which you claim to be on the side of.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Seeing as you seem pretty safe for now, could you elaborate? What is it in my typing that's so scummy. If I am ever scum, I'd rather not be so obvious. I mean you owe me no favours but the idea of being such obvious scum in a later game seems like it'd ruin the fun for people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Really, Beet? You really think this is a gambit? Yeah, I guess you are scum with him and you just wanna make sure they take the option that takes me down with TOML. Thanks for helping ease that nagging voice in the back of my head that I hosed this all up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

That is NOT in the interest of town therefore not town behaviour.

Therefore I can't trust you that you won't kill toml. That's notwithstanding the fact that you might not even have a lynch bomb at all!

You could be making this all up to try and save your own skin!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

I think this is a very dramatic play designed to spook people into at best forcing a draw or, at worse, voting for TOML. This is something you should've announced [i]earlier[i] once the train on you was rolling before trying to force an incredibly difficult choice on the town which you claim to be on the side of.

But like others have pointed out, it wasn't much of a train yet. It was just 2 votes for quite a while, until we were forced into lockdown. I think if TOML was town, it would have been wiser to go for BBQ instead of forcing this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol

Bifauxnen posted:

Matthew Beet posted:

You could be making this all up to try and save your own skin!

There it is.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

But like others have pointed out, it wasn't much of a train yet. It was just 2 votes for quite a while, until we were forced into lockdown. I think if TOML was town, it would have been wiser to go for BBQ instead of forcing this.

If TOML was scum, why would he waste his lockdown (presuming a one-shot ability) on someone who stood a really good chance of being lynched? I was literally about to vote for you when the thread closed.

Why didn't you roleclaim earlier? There are roles you should get out into the open as early as possible.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why don't you calm down Beet, and start looking at how I actually did have reasons to be suspicious of TOML? Oh, it's because you're scum with TOML. and want to play this up as much as you can so you can look like the good poor misled conflicted townie. I could always put it on you instead!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Why don't you calm down Beet, and start looking at how I actually did have reasons to be suspicious of TOML? Oh, it's because you're scum with TOML. and want to play this up as much as you can so you can look like the good poor misled conflicted townie. I could always put it on you instead!

Sure, you could. Or DJ or Gwyn. Or anyone, really.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

Why didn't you roleclaim earlier? There are roles you should get out into the open as early as possible.

I got the impression that all roleclaims were viewed as suspicious and scummy or a good way to get nightkilled if its a useful role.
Is it ever not a bad idea?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

If TOML was scum, why would he waste his lockdown (presuming a one-shot ability) on someone who stood a really good chance of being lynched?

It could have gone to BBQ instead. If BBQ is indeed vanilla scum, why not protect him? Once I flip town, he could've gone "oh darn" again, he just had to try that neat ability, too bad it went so wrong! He wasn't trying to protect BBQ, he just wanted to make sure you guys focused on the juicer target!

quote:

I was literally about to vote for you when the thread closed.

"Don't even bother trying to frame me, scum. Just kill me early!"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I got the impression that all roleclaims were viewed as suspicious and scummy or a good way to get nightkilled if its a useful role.

There are certain roles - lynchbombs, Beloved Princesses - that tend to be town roles and tend to have negative consequences for the town if they die. For example, a lynchbomb is almost always a guaranteed town player because it's weird to effectively punish the town for lynching a scum player.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Some roles are huge liabilities for town, they gently caress with things (if they exist at all and aren't a fake claim). Eg, gaspy last game with the beloved princess. If he had died, town skips a day and scum get two turns. It's probably good to come out with that as soon as possible, because if you pull out a role claim like that only when it looks like you're about to be lynched, it looks like you made it up on the spot to save your skin. Kinda like what's happening now.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

It could have gone to BBQ instead. If BBQ is indeed vanilla scum, why not protect him? Once I flip town, he could've gone "oh darn" again, he just had to try that neat ability, too bad it went so wrong! He wasn't trying to protect BBQ, he just wanted to make sure you guys focused on the juicer target!

I don't think TOML would blow his cover like this protecting a vanilla scum who doesn't really contribute anything. If you're town then I'm going to be pretty suspicious of TOML.

If BBQ is vanilla scum, why not blow him up when you die? Scum is scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

Gaspy what happens if votes are tied?

Both die.

Results of this bout will be posted at 10:15pm, thread closes at 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

But whats to stop everyone claiming to be a princess to save their own skin?

• Locked thread