Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For the record Beet, do you in fact still think TOML is town, and why?

Milky Moor posted:

I don't think TOML would blow his cover like this protecting a vanilla scum who doesn't really contribute anything. If you're town then I'm going to be pretty suspicious of TOML.

If BBQ is vanilla scum, why not blow him up when you die? Scum is scum.

Now see that is a decent argument. I feel conflicted about it though, since you guys could just lynch him tomorrow anyway. Revealing what is actually up with TOML could shed a lot more light on tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
So, Bif, if you're town and you think TOML is scum, why shouldn't we force a draw to kill TOML (the possible scum), you (to activate your power), and use that power to kill DJ?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually that sounds awesome, Milky! Let's do it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

More importantly, do you think there is a risk of the scum forcing a draw to kill two town players if this is a worst case scenario?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Both die.

Results of this bout will be posted at 10:15pm, thread closes at 9.

well there goes my plan b, which was if both lived on a tie we could push for us to vote a tie so that neither died if we thought that was the best way to save toml and then bif can't use her totally town lynch bomb.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Like, if this all goes pear-shaped, we might very well be down three town players before this night phase even begins.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If you guys actualy like the plan, how's this sound for an easy way to enforce the tie? Everyone unvotes except me and TOML leaving our votes on each other. Then anyone who jumps back in will be clearly tampering.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
We're all gonna look pretty geeky, yeah.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

If you guys actualy like the plan, how's this sound for an easy way to enforce the tie? Everyone unvotes except me and TOML leaving our votes on each other. Then anyone who jumps back in will be clearly tampering.

It's a horrible goddamn plan because it might cause us to lose three town players. You might be town, TOML might be town, and whoever you pick for your bomb might also be town.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
This thread just keeps delivering.

So what happens if everyone unvotes? Is it a no lynch day?

Are these powers usually given to town? Because while Bif was acting suss like she was in other games where she was scum - it is actually similar to the way she posted in the mini game where she wasn't scum. She actually ran up against TOML who was in that game.

I am not sure that either of then are scum and I don't fancy losing two town.

dj-bbq you were going to offer your night actions. If its an investigative role and you have info that helps the town - then feel free to share it as it will only be believed after your death. If you dont have info that helps town - you should be quiet

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

This is an absurdly bad position for the town to be in.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

This thread just keeps delivering.

So what happens if everyone unvotes? Is it a no lynch day?

I'd assume that comes to a draw of zero votes and both die.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If we succeed in a tie, in which both TOML and I die, I would like to use the lynchbomb on BBQ unless anyone has a convincing enough objection. If we get the tie plan successfully set up, I will announce that as my move to Gaspy, on the condition that it does indeed remain in a tie.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Bifauxnen posted:

If we succeed in a tie, in which both TOML and I die, I would like to use the lynchbomb on BBQ unless anyone has a convincing enough objection. If we get the tie plan successfully set up, I will announce that as my move to Gaspy, on the condition that it does indeed remain in a tie.

I'm for that. It'll stir the pot something fierce.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

For the record Beet, do you in fact still think TOML is town, and why?

You keep asking me to put things on the record. Is this a court of law? Are you going to try trip me up later? Are you going to try say 'OMG he's doing that siding with town thing he says is scummy'

I am confident he is one of the least likely candidates to be scum. If you want to translate that as him being town, sure do it. I'm never 100% sure on people until i've seen them flip or found out through other means.

BBQ I am unsure of, but he would be a lot lower on my scum list than you. Would I call him town? No. Would I call him scum? Not really yet. Hidden is at this same level except he's not posted AT ALL TODAY. NOT ONCE. YOU KEEP IGNORING THIS WHEN I POINT IT OUT.
We're 26 minutes out from hammer and when I pointed out earlier today that hidden hasn't posted the first thing you do is say i'm defending BBQ? ffs bif, take your blinkers off.

TOML isn't holding a smoking gun, as in he hasn't done anything really dumb or tripped up, where i've pointed out a few times where I think you have done so. TOML hasn't been as active as in past games, but i've been so smashed with work lately, as you were d1, so i can excuse that behaviour somewhat because we all have lives(tm). No he hasn't scum hunted that greatly but when pushed he came out with a huge effort post which is really exposing yourself if you're scum. it's laughable to even suggest that's scummy.

Like Milky's been laying low and would be higher on my scumdar by now, up there with you actually, except i have reasons for his behaviour and that was all spoken about earlier today. Milky i'm fairly sure isn't scum. On this line of thinking, neither is tirade. The interaction they had can only be answered satisfactorily one way and that somewhat clears tirade a bit too.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

This is a really scummy play.

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm for that. It'll stir the pot something fierce.

It could very well lose the town the game if all three of them are town. Hell, if two of them are town it's going to be nasty.

Remember, scum know who the scum are. Bif could be all for the idea because she knows that DJ is town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There's another way the Milky issue could be answered Beet, you haven't considered it at all? But that might be me being overparanoid.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Do we have any information that might paint a better picture?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

This is an absurdly bad position for the town to be in.

yeah, who the hell got us here?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maybe I'll should just go for Milky, cause if he is what Beet's always suggesting that he is, he's been making picks at least as bad as me and causing just as much damage, even if I have hosed this up.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

There's another way the Milky issue could be answered Beet, you haven't considered it at all? But that might be me being overparanoid.

And what's that?

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah, who the hell got us here?

Bif by acting weird and scummy, TOML by locking us in. Neither are entirely blameless. But the real issue hinges on Bif's claim as a lynch bomb which, while usually town-aligned, isn't necessarily always town-aligned. And the claim is, of course, not even necessarily true.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but it's interesting that TOML has not shown at all since he used his ability.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

It's an exceptional play if so, but this morning you didn't even know what the easy assumption was. are you trying to make me deliberately suss on milky now?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe I'll should just go for Milky, cause if he is what Beet's always suggesting that he is, he's been making picks at least as bad as me and causing just as much damage, even if I have hosed this up.

Then you'll be knocking out one of the only chances for the town to recover. My first pick was blocked. That's all the information anyone is getting until this is resolved.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

This is fubar - but it is glorious. Well constructed Gaspy.

If Bif is scum then its unlikely that she is a lynchbomb. It still means there is a chance that we lose 3 towns though :/

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

That would still be a town kill. Bif, if you're not scum, use your head. You sound like you're being more vindictive than anything. Why would you risk three town? Even two town?

Are you that, 100% sold on toml?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

100% without a doubt, omg beet's never gonna let me forget this if he flips town, sure that toml is town?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know what the hell to think, honestly. Maybe the bad calls are a result of a noob vig who doesn't know any better to counterclaim. Like hiddenmovement and his ability he didn't know how to use well.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The other possibility is that Bif and TOML are both scum on different teams.

I hope that's the case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know what the hell to think, honestly. Maybe the bad calls are a result of a noob vig who doesn't know any better to counterclaim. Like hiddenmovement and his ability he didn't know how to use well.

no, i'm pretty sure hidden movement isn't the vigilante

he could be anything else though, scum aligner serial killer. actually, a watcher or tracker is a role that might not seem that useful to a newbie? i remember first time I was one I was like " what do i do now?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

but it's interesting that TOML has not shown at all since he used his ability.

i think he was going out, he asked milky to make a decision in 10mins and he did say he was going out every night with friends while his partner was away.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually scratch that, just read hiddenmovement and he seemed real confused about why the vig wouldn't kill Coq.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

i think he was going out, he asked milky to make a decision in 10mins and he did say he was going out every night with friends while his partner was away.

well he said the last bit last game.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

The other possibility is that Bif and TOML are both scum on different teams.

I hope that's the case.

Unlikely but it would be very auspol.

Sorry for not being able to contribute more - but I don't know the right play. It seems to be mainly in Bifs hands

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
loving hell. Explain what needs to be done for the least amount of people to die.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like you Beet, I'm never 100% sold on anybody. But TOML is my best guess I have now. I know you and TOML had it wrong on me, I could have it wrong on you but so it goes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

loving hell. Explain what needs to be done for the least amount of people to die.

Ensure that TOML is the one who loses the duel.

I could draw up a bit of model but there's no way I'd have it done in ten minutes and there's a lot of variables in play. Chief among them is whether Bifauxnen is being honest or not.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
How do lynchbombs work?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Ensure that TOML is the one who loses the duel.

I could draw up a bit of model but there's no way I'd have it done in ten minutes and there's a lot of variables in play. Chief among them is whether Bifauxnen is being honest or not.

I think bif is full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

How do lynchbombs work?

When lynched, the bomb chooses someone to also be killed.

• Locked thread