Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Merk, did you track anyone going anywhere?

I think I tracked wins going nowhere, but I'm not quite sure. The flavor is definitely less 'it is obvious this is a Tracking item and yuming went nowhere' like it was when I tracked yuming nowhere. It could be Ecco getting lazy or it could be that my item didn't work for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Glad to see a Thief claim.

Do we have any more claims?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: go :ghost:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:h:
List of Living Players:

- fits
- fiery
- Keane
- merk
- Rasc
- yuming
- wins

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

List of Living Players:

- fits, Diviner
- fiery. Thief
- Keane. Vanilla
- merk, Vanilla
- Rasc, Vanilla
- yuming
- wins

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Where's the claim yuming. Where is it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
fits, who is scum and why? You've been absent for days.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
fits, TT did more scum hunting than you.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
That's nice.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fits posted:

That's nice.

merk posted:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To be blunt: You're going to get lynched today if you don't make some sort of amazing effort.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm in no hurry to vote today. Most of the people left have posted little and I haven't really been paying attention to them. I'm going to re-read tonight when I get home from work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am comfortable thinking that we have one scum left, whether that be a traditional scum or SK. We might have one traditional scum and a Survivor left though.

If you claim Survivor right now, I promise to not vote you today.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

merk posted:

The last day was what, 15 hours long? I don't care. It happens. I have a theory and I'm rereading things right now before I go back to work but I won't have time to do anything significant until tomorrow.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fits posted:

Where's the claim yuming. Where is it.
I am still vanilla town, just like I said yesterday and yay I was right about taste way back when but then I forgot and thought he was dead but now I'm going to post more but not until after I make dinner :sparkles:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm VT. I used the item I have again.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Merk, have you heard much from Keane? At this point I'm thinking he's it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It would be amusing if fits were a scum because then like the whole team tried to replace out and idk that amuses me :sun:

I am very tired right now and only have this chuck of time to devote to the game until ... I don't even loving know. After the deadline.

I am reading, the posts, of flipped scum. Sorry for being mostly useless.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am reading through all the scum replacing in and bussing their teammates.

I am going to ignore item posts. If you want me to pay attention to something pertaining to an item use please address me directly I will be reading the thread tomorrow but will be out at deadline.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Now I am like hmmmm is there is SK hmmm if there is a SK how will I know who it is?

My read of how things have gone down is one more scum is more likely with some spicy bonus kills given to their team like the Somb death which could've been a poison.

I wonder why TT was so convinced he was gonna die?

I am thinking out loud to help push Ecco's thread towards record post counts~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote wins

In looking back at his early post history, I see a lot of opportune comments. e.g. calling out kaschei D1 and hedging on Rarity as "frustrated town or scum." These kinds of reads are easy to make as scum.

Mid game I see votes on scum who were getting bussed. Easy content.

Late game I see being helpful doing item analysis, but not really pushing anything in particular.

wins goes after merk at multiple points in the game (see: Chic bus & Keane/merk masons) which I see as a scummy perspective because for some reason merk is still alive but ooo scum want him dead.

This clicks the most for me looking back. I just had a weird theory about merk but it is stupid and unlikely and this I like.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

##vote wins

In looking back at his early post history, I see a lot of opportune comments. e.g. calling out kaschei D1 and hedging on Rarity as "frustrated town or scum." These kinds of reads are easy to make as scum.

Mid game I see votes on scum who were getting bussed. Easy content.

Late game I see being helpful doing item analysis, but not really pushing anything in particular.

wins goes after merk at multiple points in the game (see: Chic bus & Keane/merk masons) which I see as a scummy perspective because for some reason merk is still alive but ooo scum want him dead.

This clicks the most for me looking back. I just had a weird theory about merk but it is stupid and unlikely and this I like.

I'm all in on merk being town.

I think wins is a possibility. I'm also feeling fits is a major possibility.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Final thought for the night: I see traces of ~curiosity~ in the voting patterns of all players but wins.

What do I mean by that? Town tend to stick on a pet theory-- e.g. Ninth and f_v who have deservedly gone after me for playing like a poo poo :sparkles:

fffff I just previewed and I forgot about fits ! !

So by "all players" I mean: merk, Keane, f_v and Rasc.

Anyways,

my point is town players have a creativity scum lack. I see that ~spark~ in Keane's play with his conspiracy related to Somb. f_v has made multiple interesting cases. Rasc I don't have as strong of a read on but in reading his posts in the more recent game days they sound curious. Making cases is motivating and enjoyable for town (usually). So in a cool game like this one they want to make cases and post.

I don't see that in wins' posting. It feels calculated somehow.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

I'm all in on merk being town.

I think wins is a possibility. I'm also feeling fits is a major possibility.
I'll look at fits tomorrow.

gn dear thread!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like I need to reread the game to find the last scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Still rereading everyone but looking at Ecco's last 21 person game there were 5 scum and an SK, so I'm assuming that there is still one scum and an SK left in this game too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Still waiting, fits.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I was super excited about the item stuff, but I didn't really make the leap I should have made, which was to see that Amoeba and Taste both didn't fit the rest of the setup.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

I was super excited about the item stuff, but I didn't really make the leap I should have made, which was to see that Amoeba and Taste both didn't fit the rest of the setup.

Now that you've seen their flips, how didn't they fit?

Who do you think is scum and why at this point?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wins I'm on my phone and can't check but can you remind me why you revealed your item's purpose?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

All the inventors had 5 items, they claimed to start with 2 & 3.

I believe F_V's claim about the candles over Keane, and based on my gut feel on him that I've had most (all?) game, he's my #1. Based on Fits' complete lack of content, he'd be #2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

I believe F_V's claim about the candles over Keane, and based on my gut feel on him that I've had most (all?) game, he's my #1. Based on Fits' complete lack of content, he'd be #2.

The Keane and F_V claims are fine. There is no discrepancy there.

Unless you think both Keane and F_V are scum in a lie together, we've basically proven that the candleabra does something different each time it is used.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

How does F_V's claim go against mine?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Wins I'm on my phone and can't check but can you remind me why you revealed your item's purpose?

Because it seemed like people were assuming that Diqnol's ring was the key protect that implicated TNL.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

The Keane and F_V claims are fine. There is no discrepancy there.

Unless you think both Keane and F_V are scum in a lie together, we've basically proven that the candleabra does something different each time it is used.

Here's the support:

TNL said he used the candleabra on me which protected us both.
TNL passed that candleabra to CCKeane.
CCKeane used the candleabra on me which created a masonry.
F_V stole the candleabra from CCKeane and used it on me to get a full cop.

TNL flipped town, so we can assume everything he said is true.
I am actually in a masonry with CCKeane.
F_V actually stole the candleabra from CCKeane as confirmed by CCKeane and F_V.
We aren't 100% sure that F_V actually used the candleabra on me and got the result claimed.

There's no issue here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

Because it seemed like people were assuming that Diqnol's ring was the key protect that implicated TNL.

That was proven wrong when TNL flipped town. What the hell game have you been reading?

##vote wins

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
wins, you have spent your whole time diving into item chat and your item analysis doesn't even follow the information we know nor the information claimed in the thread.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE GAME

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

merk posted:

Still waiting, fits.

I'll be around all night until the deadline once I'm home from work but that's not for another 5 hours so chill. :coolfish:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fits posted:

I'll be around all night until the deadline once I'm home from work but that's not for another 5 hours so chill. :coolfish:

What is this theory of yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

##unvote
##vote TT

I'm still vaguely suspicious of Keane and merk, but the fact that they didn't claimed confirmed masons makes it a lot less clear.

...and you didn't even accurately comprehend all of the in-thread claims.

What the gently caress, wins?

• Locked thread