Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We're doing it folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Polar is running a carry Tree rushing Aghs...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I mean, if you're going to experiment, Tinker is as good a team as any to experiment on, right?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Gonna be pre-15 minutes unless he dies, just needs the point booster

13 minute aghanim's scepter with one death, I hope these jungle stacks are for him and not morphling.

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 19, 2015

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Boy that missed AA ult

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

that AA ult was loving horrible

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bloodstone pickup redeemed.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes Refresher Aghs Tree

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SHOTGUN

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Powershot and midnight pulse are keeping the Forest Eyes mostly on ASUS.Polar's side of the map.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Aghs Refresher means you can kill every jungle camp at once I think

e: that is why he is overgrowthing, he is farming

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I'm disappointed he isn't using ult to farm both jungles and all the lanes at once

e: just did it :)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good they finally figured it out

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I can't believe this is a real thing that's happening

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I'm a little underwhelmed with the refresher timing, I wanted to see some really insane farm speeds.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Admiral Bulldog did this on his stream a couple weeks ago FYI

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goetta posted:

Admiral Bulldog did this on his stream a couple weeks ago FYI

Ive done it several times myself, its really the natural thing to do if you get aghs. And considering the amount of vision it gives, you should always go aghs.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

holy poo poo that cheese pass

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

God drat I love watching polar

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So would of been worth to get a midas before the aghs so you reach 16 faster?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Sorry if this has been discussed, and is not related to ongoing games - but PPD has mentioned before that he played football in high school and a bit in college, and football is a sport which is unrelentingly dependent on teamwork at every position (even the kicker, the position I believe I remember him saying he played). I wonder if his rather extensive time in football culture has helped make him a better team leader in DOTA. So many esports athletes are so clearly spergs who lack basic social skills, let alone the ability to effectively keep a group together through adversity and losing.

I guess that what I'm getting at is all those annoying platitudes you hear over and over again w/r/t traditional sports probably have some actual worth, especially in a culture which more or less totally lacks those platitudes.

Also, there is Chuan who played basketball and is AFAIK a total piece of poo poo to be teammates with.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

lamentable dustman posted:

So would of been worth to get a midas before the aghs so you reach 16 faster?

No because the vision is half the benefit

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I am so happy right now that someone is hitching their wagon to Tree's Agh's mechanics. I've always wanted to see the hero played this way.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I love how Treant can just make 1k gold in one ult. This new Tree Paradigm is kinda blowing my mind.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
:New Meta

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

TheRat posted:

Singsing said recently that he just wants to play, he doesnt care what role he plays. But with that lineup it'd be nautral to asume bamboe offlane, mynuts + cwm support which leaves singsing as carry.

Singsing carry worked out well for QPAD RED PANDAS, looking forward to seeing that

e; man, sad that I missed an aghs tree game.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I had forgotten that aghs was made actually good because they halved the cooldown. Wasn't worth it before but you can put them goddamn everywhere now.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Tree has great rightclick in the early game so I think it's faster to just give him a lane and farm the aghs straight up rather than going midas first.

I looked on datdota and this is the third pro game with Treant Aghanims. The first one was 7ckingmad and he went a very strange build, got aghs at 23 minutes and then built force staff, AC and Halberd (the game went 60+ minutes). The second looks like it was a troll, Lil had midas-vlads-blink and sold it all at the end of the game to pick up a scepter.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Refresher Agh's Tree, Agh's AA, and a Agh's Silencer.

Would've loved to see a farmed Zeus to go with that lineup, but double Primal Roar is good too. :allears:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kainser posted:

Singsing carry worked out well for QPAD RED PANDAS, looking forward to seeing that

e; man, sad that I missed an aghs tree game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGO2tXHDcw never forget

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
ASUS Polar :allears:

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
loving love these ASUS.Polar drafts.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

In that replay, why did Kaipi suddenly all decide to rush in rp range? Like they were all nicely spread, and then they all just jumped in a big clump.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
^^^^ I'm guessing "EE"

That Select RP.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mag is such a player

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Ahaha, this is some peak Team Stinker

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8beXS7NXbA

Have a bamboe rampage aswell.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bulba so bad

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

so tinker is still terrible, nice to know some things never change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Someone explain to me how a solo offlane SB got any levels or gold in a lane against a Lion and Drow

• Locked thread