Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EccoRaven posted:

I have literally never once claimed to be a doc ever in my entire mafia career, so...

Until this game, or are you going back on your earlier claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

You mean you know my real name? Oh, gently caress, you didn't find the high school wrestling photos, did you?

I believe it's just called "sumo" in casual conversation

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Until this game, or are you going back on your earlier claim?

I never claimed doctor this game? Or ever. Whenever I draw doc I never claim it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I believe it's just called "sumo" in casual conversation

I weighed 119 pounds my senior year. I got fat after college.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote byers

his post is a lie

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I never claimed doctor this game? Or ever. Whenever I draw doc I never claim it.

what

EccoRaven posted:

you caught me! I targeted Asiina last night, as I am a doctor.

Is Ecco attempting the insanity defense?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
? I never made those posts?

Why would you fake posts like that?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

##vote byers

his post is a lie

No, I really did weigh 119 pounds my senior year. Also, I'm town, so nice try.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

? I never made those posts?

Why would you fake posts like that?

Ok, even knowing your scum I almost want you to stay in the game if you keep this gimmick up.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if you flip town I'm on the chopping block tomorrow so take it with pride

but you won't because "I am town" is a lie so

do the scumteam have fakeclaims? I am genuinely curious.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

if you flip town I'm on the chopping block tomorrow so take it with pride

but you won't because "I am town" is a lie so

:allears:

I was really, truly frustrated with you yesterday, but you've won a place in my heart over the last hour.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'm just trying to sort this stuff out. Feel free to validate or clarify.

If Ecco is a doctor, that means scum have a strongman/assassin (likely Opop) and Ecco is going to die soon even if she can self-protect.

If Opop does have a vig, then it means he and a mafia strongman both hit Asiina, or Ecco is scum.

Ecco and Opop both claim visits to Asiina. They both could be scum though, because Ecco's action could have been something other than a kill. But, if both scum teams try to kill the same target, the kill is nullified.

Based on this, I think it's more logical to terminate Opop, because a doctor would be more beneficial to leave alive and would be a prime target for scum anyway so we can just see whether Ecco survives.

I'd like to hear from the lurker contingent, but I feel Opop is a strong vote for today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm just trying to sort this stuff out. Feel free to validate or clarify.

If Ecco is a doctor, that means scum have a strongman/assassin (likely Opop) and Ecco is going to die soon even if she can self-protect.

If Opop does have a vig, then it means he and a mafia strongman both hit Asiina, or Ecco is scum.

Ecco and Opop both claim visits to Asiina. They both could be scum though, because Ecco's action could have been something other than a kill. But, if both scum teams try to kill the same target, the kill is nullified.

Based on this, I think it's more logical to terminate Opop, because a doctor would be more beneficial to leave alive and would be a prime target for scum anyway so we can just see whether Ecco survives.

I'd like to hear from the lurker contingent, but I feel Opop is a strong vote for today.

Ecco's not a doctor.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah they do.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah they do.

Seriously, what's going on? Are you all just loving with me now? You're loving with me, right? Because I was driven insane elsehwere a few days ago, and I'm suddenly feeling like these are aftereffects.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CPig, how would you know that?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Seriously, what's going on? Are you all just loving with me now? You're loving with me, right? Because I was driven insane elsehwere a few days ago, and I'm suddenly feeling like these are aftereffects.

No I mean, even if the mod didnt give them fakeclaims Im sure they worked some out for themselves, theyd be dumb not to.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

No I mean, even if the mod didnt give them fakeclaims Im sure they worked some out for themselves, theyd be dumb not to.

If they're not mod provided,. they can't guarantee they won't accidentally overlap with town roles and get claimed.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco's not a doctor.

Yeah, I just saw the posts that happened during my effortposting.

Also I just checked and although the kill is nullified if both scum teams target the same person in the Fire and Ice setup, this game is a modified version of that setup, so that rule may not apply.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Welp, Byers just scumclaimed. Wrap it up folks

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Glockenapfel posted:

Yeah, I just saw the posts that happened during my effortposting.

Also I just checked and although the kill is nullified if both scum teams target the same person in the Fire and Ice setup, this game is a modified version of that setup, so that rule may not apply.

If both teams targeted and bounced, we'd see no kills (or one if you believe Opop's a vig). At least one and I think both scum kills got home last night.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Has Ecco gone schizophrenic? I'm really confused.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Does anyone else care that Ecco's backed off on the doc claim which was made in a way that sounded like she intended for it to be sincere and that could have drwan out a twon doc's counter? Anyone at all see how that's scummy?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

If they're not mod provided,. they can't guarantee they won't accidentally overlap with town roles and get claimed.

meh

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I disagree applebell. it's customary in our community to use vigilante kills as soon as possible (because we are terrible but that's another discussion). He used it poorly - which I can understand and I find very voteable - but right now it doesn't look like him having a vig and using it is in and of itself scummy.

Assuming Opopanax is telling the truth, he picked the worst possible vig candidate, because even if Asiina was fakeclaiming scum she'd have been killed immediately by the other scum team anyway. On top of that, there were only two nightkills, which means that one scum team killed fiery_valkyrie and the other:

1) Chose to kill Asiina at the same time as Opopanax.
2) Had their killer get roleblocked.
3) Chose to kill somebody else, who turned out to be protected.
4) Chose not to kill anybody at all. Also, CPig is a jester.
5) Maybe both scum teams targeted Asiina, canceled out, Opopanax's vig went through, and there's also a serial killer who killed fiery_valkyrie for some reason. Also, Byers and Ecco are lovers and death millers.

At best Opopanax isn't paying any attention at all. More likely, he's scum and there were only two kills last night because only scum have nightkills.

##vote Opopanax

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Does anyone else care that Ecco's backed off on the doc claim which was made in a way that sounded like she intended for it to be sincere and that could have drwan out a twon doc's counter? Anyone at all see how that's scummy?

Nah

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

And this is when I grabbed the whiskey...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Abyssal Squid posted:

Assuming Opopanax is telling the truth, he picked the worst possible vig candidate, because even if Asiina was fakeclaiming scum she'd have been killed immediately by the other scum team anyway. On top of that, there were only two nightkills, which means that one scum team killed fiery_valkyrie and the other:

1) Chose to kill Asiina at the same time as Opopanax.
2) Had their killer get roleblocked.
3) Chose to kill somebody else, who turned out to be protected.
4) Chose not to kill anybody at all. Also, CPig is a jester.
5) Maybe both scum teams targeted Asiina, canceled out, Opopanax's vig went through, and there's also a serial killer who killed fiery_valkyrie for some reason. Also, Byers and Ecco are lovers and death millers.

At best Opopanax isn't paying any attention at all. More likely, he's scum and there were only two kills last night because only scum have nightkills.

##vote Opopanax

Why would I claim then?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I am almost tempted to vote for Ecco just to see Byers' tortured attempts to wriggle out of the hole he's digging once Ecco flips town but on further consideration I believe lynching scum may be a more effective strategy so I'll keep my vote where itis

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

I am almost tempted to vote for Ecco just to see Byers' tortured attempts to wriggle out of the hole he's digging once Ecco flips town but on further consideration I believe lynching scum may be a more effective strategy so I'll keep my vote where itis

You've been trying to paint me as scum and protect Ecco from my casing for two days now, Gabe, you really don't need to defend your scumbro like that. Ecco's (possibly) a grown woman, she can look out for herself.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Why would I claim then?

It's not what I would do, but a gambit to say "hey I'm town, oh hey look at this person who died at night, that was me sorry they turned out to be town, okay my power is used up no need to investigate me further" would do it. Or else setting up the town power roles to investigate you, either hoping that there's no cop, or you're a godfather and would get cleared by cop.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Byers, ignore Ecco for now. She's trolling today. Who else do you think is scum and why?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Glockenapfel posted:

Byers, ignore Ecco for now. She's trolling today. Who else do you think is scum and why?

Why are you asking the mod confirmed scum who he thinks scum are?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Glockenapfel posted:

Gabe; he tried to keep pushing on the "you don't know what a boon is?" train even after EXAKT's mistake was pointed out, and that "Now I'm not saying I'm confirmed town here" aside in his big post was over the tope. I think it was a newbie scum mistake. I also think he's scumbros with Ecco, but the rest stands without Ecco being scum.

Opop, maybe. I want a day to sit on that but that vig claim don't seem right. Plus I still find his D1 play opportunistic in where and what he commented on.

Probably CPig, but CPig and Ecco aren't scumbros. He's got no interest in scumhunting, he's just shitposting and depending on his meta as a shitposter to save him. If he were town, he wouldn't be so blasé about it.

I will not vote anyone but Ecco today, though. She's trolling because she's caught and is hoping to survive through acting this way. And that doc claim and later denial of it should be the final piece to the case for anyone. She fake claimed doc in a game that very likely has a doc as a way to try and defend from what at the time seemed to be a night action claim from CPig, and she did so to draw out the counter.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Probably CPig, but CPig and Ecco aren't scumbros. He's got no interest in scumhunting, he's just shitposting and depending on his meta as a shitposter to save him. If he were town, he wouldn't be so blasé about it.

Nah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Abyssal Squid posted:

It's not what I would do, but a gambit to say "hey I'm town, oh hey look at this person who died at night, that was me sorry they turned out to be town, okay my power is used up no need to investigate me further" would do it. Or else setting up the town power roles to investigate you, either hoping that there's no cop, or you're a godfather and would get cleared by cop.

That does sound like something I would try. I haven't been scum in so long and miss it dearly

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CPig are you playing like this to spite me because I said you were playing better recently?

Also, Ecco's fake docclaim and subsequent trolling is very suspicious, I agree with Byers ##vote Ecco

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

CPig are you playing like this to spite me because I said you were playing better recently?

Nah

also byers is the scum, are you also the scum?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah

also byers is the scum, are you also the scum?

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

You should vote for the scum then.

• Locked thread