Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The yorker was made more effective because he was stuck in a short ball setup, on the crease and with a high backlift.

Well yes obviously but he was still bowled by an excellent inswinging yorker. Not really the type of dismissal to claim that Moeen has no place at the top of the order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

IceAgeComing posted:

Ballance and Root; the batting partnership you want in an ODI

Don't worry. Taylor is in next to smash it around a bit.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Root is genuinely England's best batsman in all forms these days, and also when Phil Hughes died he got Sheffield United to set up some of his cricket bats in hte centre circle and have a minutes silence before a game, so he's a good lad, if a little presumtuous.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Where's Milne's pace gone?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Anyone got Ballance's control stats?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Where's Milne's pace gone?

Milne is kinda garbage, we knew this all along but went along with it because of pace

edit: also given his injury record I don't trust that he's ok from that side strain

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

RideTheSpiral posted:

Cricinfo's reporting a shameful 66%

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

66% son, needs to improve

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

IceAgeComing posted:

Cricinfo's reporting a shameful 66%

I mean from his bat not his back pad.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Also from cricinfo

"Andrew Schulz: "I think ICC should declare this match null and void after those lbw decisions. On a serious note, it is stupid to say DRS is only for howlers. There is no clear line between what is a howler and what is not. Bottom line, NZ should not have lost their review. That rule must be changed pronto.""

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Make it so if it comes up as 'umpires decision' you maintain your review either way, there you go folks I have saved cricket

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

yeah that's sensible but "GAME SHOULD BE NULL AND VOID" is comically ridiculous

wait the guy wasn't being serious - but it is cricinfo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
AHAHAHAHAHAH

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Hahaha

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

rip england, they're gonna score less than scotland

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Typical loving Zimmer bottler, get rid

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If Ballance is going to play shots like that then it may as well be me out there. My club team have seen plenty of that from me over the seasons.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

good lord england are so bad lmao

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Morgan car crash hour has begun.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It takes a lot for me to have an actual irl reaction to an England one day international gently caress up but that did it let me tell you

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
You can guarantee that there's some ECB executive somewhere blaming all of this on their decision to get rid of Cook

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Are there seriously no better players than Ballance or Bopara? Surely Hales can bat at 7 and not suck.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

You can guarantee that there's some ECB executive somewhere blaming all of this on their decision to get rid of Cook

You mean the same gang of super brains who decided to replace Cook with the only person shitter than Cook?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Scylo posted:

nah they'll blame it on moeen for "not fitting in" or something

sure he got out doing something dumb but at least he scored runs at a decent pace

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
A very fine day so far. Yes indeed.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

nah they'll blame it on moeen for "not fitting in" or something

sure he got out doing something dumb but at least he scored runs at a decent pace

Looked like he was beaten by an excellent ball, not that dumb

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Allons, notre Dan!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

my computer crashed and I missed it, i assumed because England

Although I shouldn't have because Moeen's probably Englands best top order batsman

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Haha reverse sweep what a hero.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

they've just repeated that moeen ball; and it was good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
If Macullum had brought Southee back then the game would be won. Alas no Morgan is now set.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

in the last ten overs, england have scored one boundary

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Are there seriously no better players than Ballance or Bopara? Surely Hales can bat at 7 and not suck.

Not really no. Bopara is fine for England really; he's a middling sort of player but beggars can't be choosers and occasionally he'll do something to win a game. Ballance is the next Ramprakash/Hick/vintage Bell who looks way too good in county cricket and out of his depth in internationals (Bairstow is in that category too). Hales should probably have a run in the side, but he's flakey as gently caress himself.

e: Samit Patel though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

in the last ten overs, england have scored one boundary

drat, their Caltex Techron Power Rating must be in the shitter.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lionel Richie posted:

Not really no. Bopara is fine for England really; he's a middling sort of player but beggars can't be choosers and occasionally he'll do something to win a game. Ballance is the next Ramprakash/Hick/vintage Bell who looks way too good in county cricket and out of his depth in internationals (Bairstow is in that category too). Hales should probably have a run in the side, but he's flakey as gently caress himself.

I am starting to think you might be Samit Patel.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
people seriously think Anderson is better than Southee according to that poll

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

You mean the middling medium pace swing bowler who can't perform outside home conditions?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lionel Richie posted:

Ballance is better than that, he will be a solid test player for us. Whether he has enough shots for limited overs cricket remains to be seen though.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Scylo posted:

I wasn't watching but I assume you're talking about Corey Anderson here, because if it was James Anderson it would be nothing noteworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
How many overs does it usually take for a team to rebuild an innings?