Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
How many votes do we need to lynch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

How many votes do we need to lynch?

5. We have currently got 2 votes - it would be 3 except HM didn't bold his vote.

I want to have a bit more of a think.

##unvote

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm happy to vote for dj-bbq too, but I don't want to rush the lynch

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

hiddenmovement posted:

Hi everyone sorry about yesterday, I was super busy and didnt even get a night action in

##vote dj-bbq

gently caress I FORGOT SORRY it was just to bold the damned post

it hasn't registered because votefinder doesn't read edits.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
##vote dj-bbq

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

##vote dj-bbq

:facepalm:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Tirade posted:

If you're role claiming, list exactly who you've targeted each night so that we can confirm or otherwise.

Given that bbq isn't answering this, what's everyone else's view on pressing him for this info? Good idea, bad idea, or no idea?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think that the three votes going his way will already force him to make some sort of a claim, it's kind of moot point isn't it?

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business
I'm back.

N1 I missed the action due to IRL problems :guinness:

N2 I blocked TOML due to previously discussed doubts and suspicions

TOML can ask for N3 if he wants.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

dj-bbq (2): Those On My Left, Milky Moor, Those On My Left, hiddenmovement

Not Voting (7): black_tangled, dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet, Splode, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 20th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 16 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

how you doing buddy

Well, thanks. Just got reamed in an emergency management debrief relating to the fire the other day though....

Also bothered by yesterday. Bif with the lynch bomb and the insane plan that was devised (but thankfully never acted on) to possibly kill three people! That could have gone a lot worse than it did.

Overly disappointed thst bif was town, her play was so off this game and I was so sure she was scum, even with the lynch bomb antics. now I'm not sure on my theories on others.

Can you elaborate why you challenged? It looked to be heading Bif's way anyhow? What was the threat to you at that point?

I stand by what I said yesterday re: BBQ, I don't know if he is any more or less suss the others eg. Hidden. And Bif has been wrong in all her calls so far. Not trying to defer a lynch on BBQ, just wanting to measure twice cut once, so to speak.

The only one who had had a good shot was you being suss on sk, I think you raised that in your mega post. You ultimately decided on bif though.

Gwynplaine's newness could be tripping up peoples scumdar (eg milky mainly, me a little bit) and that's concerning because the last newbie we all waived off their mistakes was Anidav and he was scum that game. Hidden is new, has made some basic mistakes too but in a different way.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Well, thanks. Just got reamed in an emergency management debrief relating to the fire the other day though....

Also bothered by yesterday. Bif with the lynch bomb and the insane plan that was devised (but thankfully never acted on) to possibly kill three people! That could have gone a lot worse than it did.

I noticed gwyn was actually keen on this proposal as well :/

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Given that bbq isn't answering this, what's everyone else's view on pressing him for this info? Good idea, bad idea, or no idea?

I know it's traditionally not a great idea but given he's been gathering so much attention as a lynch target, and claims to have a role, it might be beneficial to try to verify his claims against what we actually know from night kills.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Can you elaborate why you challenged? It looked to be heading Bif's way anyhow? What was the threat to you at that point?
1) Desperately wanted to use that ability, was really scared I'd be NKed last night.
2) Challenged Bif because I was sure we'd agree on a lynch for BBQ today, making it less important to kill him yesterday
3) Challenged Bif because I was reasonably sure she was scum (lol)

Can I just point out that we can pick apart my decision to challenge but I'm not sure it's going to give us any information on who the scum is. You all now know I'm confirmed town.

Matthew Beet posted:

I stand by what I said yesterday re: BBQ, I don't know if he is any more or less suss the others eg. Hidden. And Bif has been wrong in all her calls so far. Not trying to defer a lynch on BBQ, just wanting to measure twice cut once, so to speak.
Yes, I'm still honestly in the same sort of place I was in yesterday. It's difficult to articulate why I'm more suss on BBQ than on HM, but, hey, it was difficult for me to articulate why I was suss on SK, and I was right about that.

Matthew Beet posted:

The only one who had had a good shot was you being suss on sk, I think you raised that in your mega post. You ultimately decided on bif though.
Yeah, I said I was suss on SK. His reaction made me even more suss on him but I put it to one side to deal with Bif.

Matthew Beet posted:

Gwynplaine's newness could be tripping up peoples scumdar (eg milky mainly, me a little bit) and that's concerning because the last newbie we all waived off their mistakes was Anidav and he was scum that game. Hidden is new, has made some basic mistakes too but in a different way.
I kind of think Gwynplaine is scummier than BBQ at this point.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

1) Desperately wanted to use that ability, was really scared I'd be NKed last night.
2) Challenged Bif because I was sure we'd agree on a lynch for BBQ today, making it less important to kill him yesterday
3) Challenged Bif because I was reasonably sure she was scum (lol)

Can I just point out that we can pick apart my decision to challenge

No sorry I wasn't wanting to pick it apart because I was suss on you, obviously.,I was legit curious. I think milky even asked the same last night.

Your first point would've been sufficient for me anyway.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

No sorry I wasn't wanting to pick it apart because I was suss on you, obviously.,I was legit curious. I think milky even asked the same last night.

Your first point would've been sufficient for me anyway.

Didn't think you were having a go, it's a good question but I wouldn't want us to get too bogged down in it. The real question is who do we lynch today.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
If I was a scum I( would have altered my play style after the first seven times people said 'that sounds pretty scummy'.

I thinks it's worth noting that while I did ultimately shrug and vote for toml I vocalised adamantly that I didnt think bif or toml were scum and was right. Call it the case of a broken clock if you like but there it is.

BBq has been asked to point out who they defended and why. Hardly a bad idea with so little time left and a good way to avoid being lynched. And yet, they haven't given us the rundown.
It's almost as if they have to re-read the thread rather than just remember.

We can win this. Lets not have another wasted lynching.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Gwynplaine posted:

BBq has been asked to point out who they defended and why. Hardly a bad idea with so little time left and a good way to avoid being lynched. And yet, they haven't given us the rundown.
It's almost as if they have to re-read the thread rather than just remember.

dj-bbq posted:

I'm back.

N1 I missed the action due to IRL problems :guinness:

N2 I blocked TOML due to previously discussed doubts and suspicions

TOML can ask for N3 if he wants.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Oh yeah, sorry. Missed that.

Yeah I think both me and bbq are clear.

Honestly, no one really noticed SK much during this game. We need to stop looking for obvious scum and think whose been quiet. Maybe manipulative.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Oh yeah, sorry. Missed that.

Yeah I think both me and bbq are clear.

Honestly, no one really noticed SK much during this game. We need to stop looking for obvious scum and think whose been quiet. Maybe manipulative.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Any uh.. any thoughts on that?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tirade posted:

I know. It beggars belief, doesn't it?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Back when sky was getting rounded on for a first day lynch he was voted for by two confirmed scum in a row then Milky, who just said they would vote for whoever. Mily's generally been pretty helpful this game but then again hasn't everyone except me? It might have been a quickhammer attempt.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

ok i have some free time for the next half hour, ill do a rundown of his decision making

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm fairly sure Milky aint scum based on the way he tried very hard to dissuade Bifauxen from murdering everyone on her own team. If he was scum he would have just shut up.

On the other hand I'm now suss as hell on Gwynpaine

And Dj-BBQ

Mostly Gwynpaine

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

It's gotten quiet. Maybe the scum are nervous because they might lose after all.
Or everyone's eating lunch. Either is likely.

Bet it turns out that there was some sort of 'next person to say something is totally scum' thing that I didn't know about.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Man I nearly hit the edit button again

Also small keating said this somewhere in the mists of time:

quote:

Last minute hammer votes from hidden movement and WFD looking mighty sketch.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I sorta feel like anyone who would actually think I'm scum should probably not be trusted.

Not that there's much trust in this game.

That said, I trusted bif all along and was right to do so.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

My good friend Chic Trombone over in the MAFIA PRO LEAGUES needs one replacement for her game and isn't getting any takers. If someone is bored and wants to step up to an interesting setup then please PM Chic Trombone.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Unrelated to scum hunting but

Asphyxious posted:

Blast Off: "Those plebs down there don't even know what living is. They're all scurrying about like ants, eating cyber-weeds off the sidewalk and making waste deposits in the g-"

Gaspy your flavour text has been top notch again.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I think that's one thing scum and town alike can all agree on.

Heck, the reason joined was just so I could actually read his first mafia thread.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm thinking milky or BT. Not ruling out HM

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

Back when sky was getting rounded on for a first day lynch he was voted for by two confirmed scum in a row then Milky, who just said they would vote for whoever. Mily's generally been pretty helpful this game but then again hasn't everyone except me? It might have been a quickhammer attempt.

I've been thinking he was town because of the earlier claim about trying to night action Tirade which Tirade backed up. But what do we really know? As for being helpful, he's been pretty cryptic a lot of the time. It *could* be a strategy for cloaking his true views from scum, or it could just be "pretending to be helpful".

He says he has a rare and powerful role for town.

Then there is this:

Freudian Slip posted:

I am still curious about Milky

What made dj-bbq a suspect to you when he has posted a similar way to you (except without the power claim)?

Milky Moor posted:

Maybe it's that exact reason?

Followed by:

Milky Moor posted:

So, are we still suss on DJ?

I also think we need to look at the silent players because I'd bet they're content to let us kill each other at this point.

DJ and Gwyn are at the top of my list.

Really Milky? Smart player like you wants to bet that these guys are the scum masterminds? Is this helpful town play or are you going solo, mission-ing some secret strategy? No one has made a good case on bbq despite his name coming up over and over, and it seems super safe scum play to just keep bringing that up.

We are just going around and around, picking silent players, backing down at the last minute, destroying ourselves, while scum runs pretty rampant. If TOML hadn't been revived, town would have been quite screwed.

So we can't make too many assumptions and continue working off lazy logic. All players (except toml) should be open for inspection.

Tirade- what's your deal? Your posting history looks like SKs.
Milky - anything you'd like to share?

From what I can see you are both avoiding suspicion because you are backing each other up. Is it just me or is that kinda crazy?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

black_tangled posted:

I've been thinking he was town because of the earlier claim about trying to night action Tirade which Tirade backed up. But what do we really know? As for being helpful, he's been pretty cryptic a lot of the time. It *could* be a strategy for cloaking his true views from scum, or it could just be "pretending to be helpful".

He says he has a rare and powerful role for town.

Then there is this:

Followed by:

Really Milky? Smart player like you wants to bet that these guys are the scum masterminds? Is this helpful town play or are you going solo, mission-ing some secret strategy? No one has made a good case on bbq despite his name coming up over and over, and it seems super safe scum play to just keep bringing that up.

We are just going around and around, picking silent players, backing down at the last minute, destroying ourselves, while scum runs pretty rampant. If TOML hadn't been revived, town would have been quite screwed.

So we can't make too many assumptions and continue working off lazy logic. All players (except toml) should be open for inspection.

Milky - anything you'd like to share?

From what I can see you are both avoiding suspicion because you are backing each other up. Is it just me or is that kinda crazy?

Ok but why would Milky be so animated about Bifauxens bomb move? Was it because once she made that play, she had no moves left to undo/redirect it and so he could make a lot of noise without hurting a scum position? It just seems really dumb to talk Bifauxen out of killing TOML when he wouldve known TOML was town if he were scum.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Ok but why would Milky be so animated about Bifauxens bomb move? Was it because once she made that play, she had no moves left to undo/redirect it and so he could make a lot of noise without hurting a scum position? It just seems really dumb to talk Bifauxen out of killing TOML when he wouldve known TOML was town if he were scum.

Perhaps setting himself up for this type of situation? Always good to have a history of backing up a town player as scum.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

Genuinely curious about this claim - in what way has my posting history been like SKs?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Genuinely curious about this claim - in what way has my posting history been like SKs?

Two effort posts and mostly not a lot. The best thing you did was vote cumbugs. That secret message post was crazy town.

Basically I want to hear why you aren't scum.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Yes I get that, but as scum it would not be worth backing up a town player position if your animated protestations meant that Bifauxen chose not to blow up TOML, whom Milky would have known to be town if he was indeed scum. That would mean throwing away the chance to get a free kill on a town player just to play a chancy long game.

UNLESS he knew full well that once Bifauxen called out the bomb move the die was cast and nothing could be done to change the situation. Then he could safely back up his position as a scum player by yelling at Bifauxen with no risk of it costing him anything.

Now I don't know the rules very well, but it strikes me that if Bifauxen cannot make a another play (cancel the bomb, direct the bomb to another player) then Milky is probably scum. If she CAN make a change post bomb play, Milky is almost certainly town.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Yes I get that, but as scum it would not be worth backing up a town player position if your animated protestations meant that Bifauxen chose not to blow up TOML, whom Milky would have known to be town if he was indeed scum. That would mean throwing away the chance to get a free kill on a town player just to play a chancy long game.

UNLESS he knew full well that once Bifauxen called out the bomb move the die was cast and nothing could be done to change the situation. Then he could safely back up his position as a scum player by yelling at Bifauxen with no risk of it costing him anything.

Now I don't know the rules very well, but it strikes me that if Bifauxen cannot make a another play (cancel the bomb, direct the bomb to another player) then Milky is probably scum. If she CAN make a change post bomb play, Milky is almost certainly town.

That actually seems possible.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

What makes you think that once Bifauxnen "called out the bomb move the die was cast and nothing could be done to change the situation"? What does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

At this stage I don't know whether it would implicate Milky more or less if they interject at this point.

• Locked thread