Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE EGG PUN GUY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Crabtree posted:

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE EGG PUN GUY.

Hey, it's the pickle bird.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
We can now add unbirthing to the list of hideous fetishes that this show has made cute and adorable.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

I am going to enjoy every loving moment of this. Even the animation is better in this episode than usual.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mr. Fowl posted:

Hey, it's the pickle bird.

That was the best line. :allears:

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

This is going to be the greatest 15 minutes of television ever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I know, "don't read Youtube comments," but those videos are gold. Lots of "Glad the creators are finally realizing nobody likes their non-serious show and are making fun of it!"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
There are some top comments that have no idea who makes episodes of TTG or have any understanding of irony. So we can expect a bunch of them to specifically tune into this episode, hoping Teen Titans goes back to being a teen melodrama forever and collectively poo poo their pants over twitter when it either resets itself or they really openly mock Young Justice by the end.

quote:

Chibiliferocks
Good god this whole clip is everything that's wrong with this show, 90's comics that tried to hard to be modern, and DC comics right now as a whole. seriously bring back either the original Teen Titans TV show or Young Justice...just kill this show...please...somebody just kill it already.

quote:

sex lord
is this the episode where the damned show becomes the original teen titans we know and love

quote:

NerdyPunk93
Nail on the loving head. Can't believe good DC shows get cancelled, yet crap stays on air.

quote:

LeonhartV1
Still can't believe an epic show like Young Justice got cancelled for this piece of poo poo.
100scfan
When money and not quality matters, it's not hard to believe.

And my personal favorite.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"You're destroying nature's best source of protein and puns!" was probably my favorite line of the night.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
I just watched... part of a Teen Titans episode... for the first time. And it still seemed silly/stupid/whacky. I assume the other episodes were more serious? The episode I saw was about Red X's real identity, or something.

As a big fan of YJ, I hope we get to see Superboy in the next episode. There are so many ways to take the piss out of his character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There are some screens of the episode that confirm Superboy and Megan. Hope they mentioned how she went from spouting catchphrases and being lame-starfire into destroying people's minds because she could

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

afterhours posted:

I just watched... part of a Teen Titans episode... for the first time. And it still seemed silly/stupid/whacky. I assume the other episodes were more serious? The episode I saw was about Red X's real identity, or something.
All the episodes have comedic bits sprinkled into them. They somewhat scaled it back over time though. That said I actually don't remember many jarringly goofy parts in the second Red X appearance, which is the episode I'm assuming you're talking about?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Crabtree posted:

There are some top comments that have no idea who makes episodes of TTG or have any understanding of irony. So we can expect a bunch of them to specifically tune into this episode, hoping Teen Titans goes back to being a teen melodrama forever and collectively poo poo their pants over twitter when it either resets itself or they really openly mock Young Justice by the end.

You'd have thought that the whole morphing into strong chins would've clued them in, but no, not even a little bit. Hell, the part where Silkie turns into insect Jason Statham should have given it away, but again, no. As much as I can't wait for the new episode, I even more can't wait for the haters' reactions to it.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 20, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

raditts posted:

He considers jpop "really good" so he's probably used to enjoying terrible things.

but I don't like TT Go? :confused:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icantfindaname posted:

but I don't like TT Go? :confused:

Sucks for you!!!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
It's weird, but I really love how a lot of the episodes are titled after such random little bits like hose water.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't know how you can't like a show that has the Teen Titans pulling a terrorist attack on a land of childhood wonder.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I love how the writers consistently remember that Raven laughs at uncle jokes and had her making egg puns with Robin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crabtree posted:

And my personal favorite.

Youtube commenter posted:

is there gonna be something they'll learn gently caress NO what they(the developers and Cartoon Network)have done is atrocious and eventually all the kids watching this show their intelligence will be low trust me a cousin of mine now nearing a teenager watched this show smart kid some time later he's fuckin up in school 

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hasn't TTG only been on for like two years? The way this guy says it, you'd think it'd have been on for nearly a decade.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

afterhours posted:

As a big fan of YJ, I hope we get to see Superboy in the next episode. There are so many ways to take the piss out of his character.

Well there's an episode where a Tofu alien uses his UFO to steal cows and creates a tofu army while Beast Boy rides around on a Moped. The show was very silly alot of the time, but it did have serious moments. But the best stuff was always the silly episodes.

TTGO is just taking the sillier aspects of Teen Titans and making whole episodes about it and I really don't understand why people whinge about it because the show is very, very good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It reminds me of a few years ago when I thought Power Rangers Zeo was this amazing, epic series, specially after I had seen a review of it. All I recalled were the cool bits and character progression, then I decided to actually watch it and I realized my memories were cherry picking stuff from the show and that it was pretty bad. And that the cool moments were kinda lame too. And that I was dumb as a child.

Basically people need to let stuff settle for a bit and then rewatch it so they realize how bad their taste is and become jaded, lifeless people.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like people saying that Power Rangers RPM is the darkest in the series but it also had this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVrTsryg_CM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The MSJ posted:

It's like people saying that Power Rangers RPM is the darkest in the series but it also had this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVrTsryg_CM

I kept hearing that it was the darkest and like the The Dark Knight Rises to Adam West's Batman (albeit it was during my dark past when i looked at tvtropes) and I saw it a year and a half ago, it's definitely the 'darkest' series but it's still Power Rangers, for kids and silly. Good show, tho.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Asuron posted:

Well there's an episode where a Tofu alien uses his UFO to steal cows and creates a tofu army while Beast Boy rides around on a Moped. The show was very silly alot of the time, but it did have serious moments. But the best stuff was always the silly episodes.

TTGO is just taking the sillier aspects of Teen Titans and making whole episodes about it and I really don't understand why people whinge about it because the show is very, very good.

Some Young Justice fans need to blame something for taking away the show that had several years to go somewhere, but never really struck a cord. Now I can understand vindictiveness against CN for doing something as tactless as never giving Symbionic Titan a chance, but I don't go blaming other good shows for bad executive decisions to shakeup the channel so it feels new for pointless reasons. However, these people have latched onto the theory that TTG was solely responsible for taking away their M'gaan and they'll seemingly never let it go until GO either gets canceled or stops being a weird comedy that kids love (which will ultimately lead to it being canceled).

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
One more thing, I always love when a show isn't afraid to to try out odd couples like having Cyborg and Star hang out. Wish more shows would do this.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TheFattestPat posted:

One more thing, I always love when a show isn't afraid to to try out odd couples like having Cyborg and Star hang out. Wish more shows would do this.

I love how destructive their dynamic was, too.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Girls night is the best dynamic hth

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Edit *too weird, never loving mind.*

johntfs fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 24, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

johntfs posted:

I love how Starfire is probably one of the more powerful characters on the show aside from Raven and I yet I have these weird protective caregiver feelings for her. Like yeah, I, the chunky fragile human nerd feels the need to protect the super-strong, super-tough flying girl that blasts lasers out of her eyes.

Tell us more about your fanfic.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

MariusLecter posted:

Tell us more about your fanfic.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 24, 2015

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

johntfs posted:

Don't go there, man. I swear to God, I'll link to it and pollute the whole forum with my nerdstink. Do not test me.

No, it's just the "Awww" factor. Like, "Awww, Starfire's so sweet and cute and innocent and-, Oh, wait, yeah. She can also ripe out your spine, use it to beat you the rest of the way dead and then burn your corpse to ashes."
Just use the w-word already.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

johntfs posted:

I love how Starfire is probably one of the more powerful characters on the show aside from Raven and I yet I have these weird protective caregiver feelings for her. Like yeah, I, the chunky fragile human nerd feels the need to protect the super-strong, super-tough flying girl that blasts lasers out of her eyes.

"Are you, what the humans call, "A japanese fighting fish cigarette"?"
/

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well this thread took a weird turn really quickly.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

axleblaze posted:

Well this thread took a weird turn really quickly.

This is the TTGo thread. It was already pretty weird.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
hmm.. I thought it would be funny to have star fire call him a beta human being in her weird way of speaking. I guess not :shrug:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Your post was fine.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gotta be quicker on those edits lol

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It was like watching a car crash I could have stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bettas don't even live in Japan.

That's the part that's disturbing to me because I've chosen to ignore everything that came before it.

• Locked thread