Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Ok, I'm home. As a heads up I've got maybe an hour and a half of solid gold posting before I head out to dinner and a play with the gf. Let's get to scumhunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
That is some seriously flawed logic HM.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Tirade posted:

Your one saving grace might be that you can't be getting advice from a scum doc and yet continue to post this badly.

That's the sort of thinking we need.

hiddenmovement posted:

Another point:

Asphyxious may have just randomized the draw, but I doubt he would put two clueless noobs on the same team. If they both wound up on scum that would make for a lovely game. There are 2 clueless noobs, both by our own admission: Me and Gwyn.

I've had a number of known scummers call for my head, or at least actively cast aspersions in my direction, earlier in the game. Odds are I'm the town noob. Which means Gwyn is scum.

See, knowing what I know. I'm increasingly convinced you must be town too. Also. We weren't the only noobs. Cumburg was too. I think.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Ok Milks / TOML. You two are the only ones I trust 100% not to be scum.

Now, a post for the newbies.

There's a few things that you might not have picked up on. I'm going to assume that you aren't both scum, and so putting this info out in the open helps town - because scum can fill the newbie in on this in the scum doc.

1). There's probably 2 or 3 more scum left. Other option is two and a serial killer.
2). There's a lot of roles in this game. I've counted one vanilla town, one vanilla scum. It makes it harder for everyone, but particularly the newbies.
3). We still have a doctor out there. If it's one of the newbies, you need to keep your head down and keep TOML alive, since he's the one town we can all trust.

Anyone got anything else to add?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I think there may be a strongman present.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

I think there may be a strongman present.

Oh my God.

If you're town

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

gently caress this phone.

If you're town, you just told scum you're the nurse.

I can't believe somebody would be this bad at mafia, I think it's an act. " What me mafia?"

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

So people keep saying.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

I can't believe somebody would be this bad at mafia, I think it's an act. " What me mafia?"

I'm about ready to cry. And I thought I was doing a good thing by spelling it out. Maybe I should have bolded the you need to keep your head down bit.

Or it could be an amazing ruse. I just don't know.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Splode posted:

Actually it was based on flavour text. Grimlock was meant to be with prime and prime still got killed.

Also, given that all my theories have been pure speculation, why would you think this any different.

I'm literally just the worst mafia player ever. Remember Mills reaction to me. Do you really think anyone could enter a game with an act as convincing as mine supposedly would be?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
This white hot pile of inane posts sure has distracted us from scum hunting

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

hiddenmovement posted:

Don't let me stop you, champ.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I hope the scum DO think I'm a nurse. Let me get killed instead of someone useful.

I agree though, we need to get back to the actual scumhunting.

TOML, splode, tirade and MM seem pretty clear.

What do we know about Beet?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
toml, milky, what are your thoughts?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gwynplaine posted:

Actually it was based on flavour text. Grimlock was meant to be with prime and prime still got killed.

Hi, I'm Grimlock. What're you trying to say or claim based on this apparent flavour text?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Gwynplaine (2): Those On My Left, hiddenmovement, Splode, Those On My Left
dj-bbq (1): Those On My Left, Milky Moor, Those On My Left, hiddenmovement, hiddenmovement

Not Voting (6): black_tangled, dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 20th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 16 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

That you were a bodyguard or a doctor and got strongmanned through.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

toml, milky, what are your thoughts?

I'm still digesting a few things.

What do people think of Beet's behaviour during the gladiator bout last night?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

I'm still digesting a few things.

What do people think of Beet's behaviour during the gladiator bout last night?

Haven't looked at it. I'll take a look now.

I'll post my updated scum / not scum picks in a sec.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Before that I'll add a few thoughts on dj-bbq.

All of us except for beet have voted for him at one stage.

D2: Splode, Gwynplaine, (FS), black_tangled, Tirade, (WFD).
D3: Tirade, (SK), Milky, Splode.
D4: TOML, MM, HM.

I'll be perfectly honest and say I'm not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be scum.

He's claimed roleblocker. Could well be true but even if it is it doesn't make him town. He's said he didn't use his night action on n1 and used it on toml night two, and will say who he blocked on night 3 if toml asks.

I'm kind of tempted to go for him anyway since at this stage it's highly unlikely he's our doc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
From before:

quote:

Least scum: Milky Moor, TOML, Beet, probably Splode, probably FS
Most scum: bif, gwynplaine, probably SK, probably dj-bbq.
Unsure: black_tangled, hiddenmovement

Now:

Least scum: TOML, Milky Moor, probably Splode, probably Beet.
Scum or anidav in anidav's first game: gwynplaine
Unsure: black_tangled, dj-bbq, hiddenmovement.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

This is some flavour text stuff but for what its worth:

So far we have been dealing with combaticons. They are a team of five. With this in mind, we have another 3 scum to worry about.

Warpaths comment of his opponent being a 'big fella', makes me wonder if there is a mafia mechanic where scum can work together. A sort of bruitcus if you will.

If that isn't a thing (still studying the wiki) then it might just be flavour text for when two scum attacked at once.

My overarching point is that we have 3 scum to deal with. Basically a guarantee.

Swindle might be a godfather, Brawl a strongman onslaught...dunno.

I'm going to have to go to work soon, and will be unable to post much, but I still, even now think BBQ might be up to something. Not sure about KD, Beet or BT either.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

##unvote

Apart from TOML, I'm not sure on anyone but I think it is unlikely for Tirade to be scum.

I'm not sure if Gwyn is a scum patsie or just a bad player. That whole 'Well, you have to be x or y role' from them has really made me more dubious.

hiddenmovement posted:

Another point:

Asphyxious may have just randomized the draw, but I doubt he would put two clueless noobs on the same team. If they both wound up on scum that would make for a lovely game. There are 2 clueless noobs, both by our own admission: Me and Gwyn.

I've had a number of known scummers call for my head, or at least actively cast aspersions in my direction, earlier in the game. Odds are I'm the town noob. Which means Gwyn is scum.

I understand this, but I'd say Asphyxious went for a fairly random distribution. I don't think it works to help us make a decision, however.

hiddenmovement posted:

No I think most of us understand what you were trying to do, I was merely stating that because you were trying to do it and it really would have been an overwhelming good for the town, you must be town.

I wasn't referring to you. I find this urge to defend yourself suspicious.

These are the posts I'm really curious about :

black_tangled posted:

Yeah ok, that actually makes sense. I think I read it wrong initially.

One reading of it could be that Milky was protecting BBQ. Given his then pursuit of BBQ that seems less likely but, not unheard of and if the writing is somewhat on the wall for BBQ, could be solid ground-laying for later.

black_tangled posted:

Perhaps setting himself up for this type of situation? Always good to have a history of backing up a town player as scum.

And, especially, this:

black_tangled posted:

I've been thinking he was town because of the earlier claim about trying to night action Tirade which Tirade backed up. But what do we really know? As for being helpful, he's been pretty cryptic a lot of the time. It *could* be a strategy for cloaking his true views from scum, or it could just be "pretending to be helpful".

He says he has a rare and powerful role for town.

Then there is this:

Followed by:

Really Milky? Smart player like you wants to bet that these guys are the scum masterminds? Is this helpful town play or are you going solo, mission-ing some secret strategy? No one has made a good case on bbq despite his name coming up over and over, and it seems super safe scum play to just keep bringing that up.

We are just going around and around, picking silent players, backing down at the last minute, destroying ourselves, while scum runs pretty rampant. If TOML hadn't been revived, town would have been quite screwed.

So we can't make too many assumptions and continue working off lazy logic. All players (except toml) should be open for inspection.

Tirade- what's your deal? Your posting history looks like SKs.
Milky - anything you'd like to share?

From what I can see you are both avoiding suspicion because you are backing each other up. Is it just me or is that kinda crazy?

I've never said my role is rare and powerful. I've never said I'd bet that they are scum masterminds, just that they might be scum.

No one has made a good case on BBQ? Why is that? Is it because he only has thirty posts in this thread which I think is the lowest of any surviving player? I can't remember him actually contributing anything either.

You really tried hard to get something rolling on me here, b_t. Why is that?

Am I protecting BBQ (as per your first post) or am I doing 'super safe scum play'?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

This is some flavour text stuff but for what its worth:

So far we have been dealing with combaticons. They are a team of five. With this in mind, we have another 3 scum to worry about.

Warpaths comment of his opponent being a 'big fella', makes me wonder if there is a mafia mechanic where scum can work together. A sort of bruitcus if you will.

If that isn't a thing (still studying the wiki) then it might just be flavour text for when two scum attacked at once.

My overarching point is that we have 3 scum to deal with. Basically a guarantee.

Swindle might be a godfather, Brawl a strongman onslaught...dunno.

I'm going to have to go to work soon, and will be unable to post much, but I still, even now think BBQ might be up to something. Not sure about KD, Beet or BT either.

This was literally my scum play from last game, man. What are you doing?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The reason we are seeing the particular transformers we are seeing is because they are the ones that feature in high moons G1 based transformers games. Bruticus and the combaticons feature in the second one. It probably doesnt have much to do with transformers lore and more to do with which characters were available for use.

Having said that, the big fella is probably just Onslaught. Asphyxious may have left Swindle off the table entirely because he obviously has a soft spot for him.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

This was literally my scum play from last game, man. What are you doing?

Yeah, but you're not the worst person on the planet at mafia.
Which as everyone has mentioned numerous times, I am.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If it was based on soft spots gaspy wouldn't have put Skywarp in the last game.

There are three scum out there.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Why did I reply to another Gwyn white noise post

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

If it was based on soft spots gaspy wouldn't have put Skywarp in the last game.

*pushes you down stairs*

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Why did I reply to another Gwyn white noise post

So you could call it a white noise post, I suppose. Make a case against me to save yourself?

Tirade posted:

*pushes you down stairs*

AAAAH! That's TOML's joooooob!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Well, I have to go to work. We have a lot of awesome accusations flying around but very few answers.
I'm going to go on instinct. It is all I have and its served me better than reviewing facts that I'm to stupid to understand.

##vote Matthew Beet

Don't waste a lynch on me. I'm just going to get killed tonight because I'm obviously the nurse or something. Make it count.

It was great working with you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving, what a day. Fallout from the meeting earlier today. I got some catching up to do. Probably won't be fully present till 8ish. ~kids~

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm glad you're concerned about scum hunting today when you didn't even bother to post or vote yesterday when it was town on town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Ok, I'm home. As a heads up I've got maybe an hour and a half of solid gold posting before I head out to dinner and a play with the gf. Let's get to scumhunting.

I wasn't kidding about this btw. The play starts at 8:30pm and I'll cop a bollocking if I'm loving around on my phone during it.

I'll vote for anyone on my "unsure" or worse list. For now as a placeholder I'm gonna ##vote dj-bbq

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm glad you're concerned about scum hunting today when you didn't even bother to post or vote yesterday when it was town on town.

It could be, just maybeeeeeeee, that I too have a life, and yesterday it called

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Gwynplaine (2): Those On My Left, hiddenmovement, Splode, Those On My Left
dj-bbq (1): Those On My Left, Milky Moor, Those On My Left, hiddenmovement, hiddenmovement, Milky Moor, Tirade
Matthew Beet (1): Gwynplaine

Not Voting (5): black_tangled, dj-bbq, Matthew Beet, Milky Moor, Those On My Left

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 20th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 42 minutes.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##vote dj-bbq

I have a few other suspicions but I'm mindful of not letting this day go without a lynch. Frankly, if dj-bbq is town, they're just confusing the poo poo out of everyone by having such a lovely posting record.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##unvote

##vote hiddenmovement

They're trying to hide their numbers.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

##vote dj-bbq

I have a few other suspicions but I'm mindful of not letting this day go without a lynch. Frankly, if dj-bbq is town, they're just confusing the poo poo out of everyone by having such a lovely posting record.

And Gwyn isn't?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

##unvote

Apart from TOML, I'm not sure on anyone but I think it is unlikely for Tirade to be scum.

I'm not sure if Gwyn is a scum patsie or just a bad player. That whole 'Well, you have to be x or y role' from them has really made me more dubious.

I understand this, but I'd say Asphyxious went for a fairly random distribution. I don't think it works to help us make a decision, however.

I wasn't referring to you. I find this urge to defend yourself suspicious.

These are the posts I'm really curious about :

And, especially, this:

I've never said my role is rare and powerful. I've never said I'd bet that they are scum masterminds, just that they might be scum.

No one has made a good case on BBQ? Why is that? Is it because he only has thirty posts in this thread which I think is the lowest of any surviving player? I can't remember him actually contributing anything either.

You really tried hard to get something rolling on me here, b_t. Why is that?

Am I protecting BBQ (as per your first post) or am I doing 'super safe scum play'?

I've said my part on this.

Going out now. ##vote dj-bbq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

black_tangled posted:

I've said my part on this.

:holymoley:

• Locked thread