Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

After some consideration I am probably going to switch Hashim to Veteran of the Long War, but post will be delayed as I've just got done with a long drive today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

After some consideration I am probably going to switch Hashim to Veteran of the Long War, but post will be delayed as I've just got done with a long drive today.

I hear you on that, though my drive (2 hours) probably wasn't as long as yours, but still. I'm assuming for "The Eternal Enemy" special ability, you'll be picking one from Khorne berserker, given your alignment? That's fine by me.

goatface posted:

If I buy Greater Minion, can I trade in my role-boosted lesser minion for (rank 1 talent equivalent) 250 xp?

Page 138, the "Improving Minions" section indicates that you can discard a minion talent and credit the exp towards a higher exp level of minion, and I'm fine with that.

Lastly, for Olanphonia's daemon weapon. Below are the stats of his Power sword taken from his last combat block with the bonus dam and pen of the weapon:

1d10+8E Pen:8 Spcl:Power Field, Balanced

Your minion has a binding strength of 1. The rules on page 201 indicate that the weapon gets one ability for each point of the daemon's willpower bonus, minus binding strength. The bloodletter has a Willpower of bonus of 3, so you get two abilities. I'll roll one on the unaligned table, and one on the Khorne Table.

Unaligned is: Piercing. Whenever it does critical damage (and I'll assume that means on Zealous Hatred too) the weapon deals damage equal to the daemon's Willpower, so 3. That means at minimum on crit/ZH damage, you're rolling a 4, so not bad.

Khorne is: thirsting. you inflict a level of fatigue for each hit that does wounds. Expect a lot of fainting enemies in your future.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Werix posted:

Page 138, the "Improving Minions" section indicates that you can discard a minion talent and credit the exp towards a higher exp level of minion, and I'm fine with that.

I just thought I'd check. He would look something like this:

GREATER MINION, Nico

Nico was a shipwright, or possibly an astropath, or maybe he was a wandering minstrel in an Eldar court, it's difficult to remember. He's fairly sure he's dead though, and he blames the Imperium for it even if the specific details are lost to him.

Though he floats through the material world as a shade, Nico can shape the warp around him. His understanding is poor, his knowledge of how and when he came into such power is minimal, and his control and finesse are lacking. His absent minded nature and firm belief in his own death grates on many people, but he is most thankful to be out of his cage, and eager to get out into the galaxy once more.

Just as long as somebody else pushes the buttons.

pre:
16 wounds

WS (10)  
BS (10)   
S  (10) 
T  (40) [8]
A  (40) 
I  (30) 
P  (40)   
WP (40) [8] 
F  (30)  

Skills: 9
Awareness
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Warp, Psykers)
Linguistics (Eldar)
Psyniscience +20
Trade (Shipwright)

Talents: 11
Psy Rating x4
Psy power x5 (Doombolt, Harrier Imps, Mind over matter, Phantom Parry, Warp Vortex)
Resistance (Psychic)
Warp Sense

Traits: 7
Unnatural Willpower (4)
Unnatural Toughness (4)
Psyker
Incorporeal
From Beyond
Regeneration (4)
The Stuff of Nightmares
He is immune to mundane (non psyker/holy/force) damage, which might make him slightly OP.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I should get off my butt and do some posts.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

I should get off my butt and do some posts.

Please do. Someone needs to lead the discussions concerning:

A) who you all wish to work for and
2) if you're letting Ra go.

Number two is only an issue because some of you were concerned about his reward, otherwise he'd just be getting off here.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm going to vote Aethun or Jayden for our patron.

I don't have a prob with letting Ra go

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I've got no issue with letting Ra go.

As for our next employer, I'd say either Aethun or the Great Master. In the long-term, almost certainly Draeven but with the Great Master as a backup. Doesn't mind taking a mission now or then from an Alpha Legionnaire, but certainly doesn't trust them in the long run - or at all, really(no offense, Corvax, but you're not really a good Alpha Legionnaire anyways. Or at least that's what you want us all to believe...). Actually, he might make a slight push towards just setting off straight to the PIllars of Eternity. While Daemon Princes certainly won't feel any sort of debt, he'd probably look upon us a bit more favorably considering our role in getting him out of his imprisonment.

No real desire whatsoever to work with Jayden.

As a side note, I WAS going to leave the non-combatant sisters alive, for whatever purposes those of us interested in that sort desired - Hashim's more interested in worthy combat rather than wanton bloodshed(partially why I'm dumping Frenzy and related stuff off my rebuild), and the only reason he didn't help outside is he was turning all his attention to hunting down the reliquary - but I"m not exactly torn up about getting auto-piloted through that either. :v:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lord Koth posted:

As a side note, I WAS going to leave the non-combatant sisters alive, for whatever purposes those of us interested in that sort desired - Hashim's more interested in worthy combat rather than wanton bloodshed(partially why I'm dumping Frenzy and related stuff off my rebuild), and the only reason he didn't help outside is he was turning all his attention to hunting down the reliquary - but I"m not exactly torn up about getting auto-piloted through that either. :v:

I can always just disease them and leave 'em as my personal convent.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Lord Koth posted:

no offense, Corvax, but you're not really a good Alpha Legionnaire anyways. Or at least that's what you want us all to believe

None taken - my portrayal of him hasn't been the most consistent thing I've ever done - though let me expound a bit on why exactly that is.

My major reasons are OOC - Aethun didn't give me any AL side objectives or anything like that, and I wasn't going to screw with people and/or their plans just for the fun of it. My initial impressions about this game, for better or worse, led me to believe we'd be in Imperial Space a lot more, and fighting a hell of a lot less, where a more "classic" AL member would shine. Corvax still retains some AL traits (preference for deception and terrorist-esque harassment over open warfare, extreme compartmentalization of information, using pawns over oneself), just not ones he's been able to really show off.

That led to interesting stuff narrative-wise, though. Mechanically, he fell to Slaanesh pretty quickly, so I decided to let that become a disillusionment with the "inscrutable bullshit for inscrutable bullshit's sake" way his Legion usually did things, and focusing on the "be the best, seek perfection, and let everyone know it" side of Slaanesh. To be honest, I think I'm enjoying that a lot more than I would enjoy divisive scheming involving GM note-passing (or sabotaging Hashim's power-armor pants to fall down when we meet with his Daemon friend.)

As a side note, changing my vote to "anything but the Master". I'll go with the majority on this.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 4, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I'll have my build up today after work.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Suggested stats for house-ruled rapiers:
Rapier: Melee, 1d10-1 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, 1 kg, Scarce
Power Rapier (Human): Melee, 1d10+3 E, Pen 7, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 2 kg, Extremely Rare
Power Rapier (Legion): Melee, 1d10+4 E, Pen 8, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 4 kg, Near Unique

New quality: Duelling Weapon
When using a weapon with this quality, the penalty to attack tests made using the Counter Attack talent is reduced to -10.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

Suggested stats for house-ruled rapiers:
Rapier: Melee, 1d10-1 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, 1 kg, Scarce
Power Rapier (Human): Melee, 1d10+3 E, Pen 7, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 2 kg, Extremely Rare
Power Rapier (Legion): Melee, 1d10+4 E, Pen 8, Power Field, Balanced, Duelling Weapon, Weight 4 kg, Near Unique

New quality: Duelling Weapon
When using a weapon with this quality, the penalty to attack tests made using the Counter Attack talent is reduced to -10.

Remove the New quality, and no way is there going to be a legion sized rapier, otherwise I'm fine with what you have.

When it comes to making new weapons, it'll be a trade (armorer) test modified by availability and craftsmanship. So if you want a best quality very rare item it is -40 to the test. Weapon upgrades and downgrades effect availability as a normal infamy requisition test.

Tests will also be extended tests. The number of extended tests will be based on final rarity (rarity + mods). Anything scarce or more common can be done with one extended test. Anything rare or more is an extra extended test beyond scarce; so rare is 2 extended tests, very rare 3, extremely rare 4, etc.

Questions?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Why not just fluff it that your sword is a rapier rather than making a brand new weapon with different qualities and poo poo?

e: Or a power blade, cause that is literally a power blade outside of Balanced, the new trait, and much higher pen.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 7, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Guess I didn't understand what an extended test is. I guess that's the number of DoS you need to get. That being said, all weapons start with needing 8 DoS, with an addition 2 DoS for each rarity beyond scarce. So Rare is 10 total DoS, Very rare 12, etc.

It takes a full week for each test, be it weapon or armor.

Yay for using obscure rules that no one else ever uses!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

Game not forgotten, but waiting on this to occur. Haven't actually done the math to see if we have a consensus on who to work for next.

Side note, I will be finishing off my move and will essentially be without internet Saturday through Monday evening, so there will not be an update from me during that time.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Werix posted:

Game not forgotten, but waiting on this to occur. Haven't actually done the math to see if we have a consensus on who to work for next.

Side note, I will be finishing off my move and will essentially be without internet Saturday through Monday evening, so there will not be an update from me during that time.

Yeah, should hopefully do it tonight. After getting back, had a few things to take care of, and then got sick, which somewhat killed my desire for in-depth posting.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, combing through the posts to see who got the most votes for your next job. Since most of you did an "either or" pick, I counted each one as a vote:

Aethun: II
Great Master: II
Draeven: I
Jayden:I

Alright, that is the total without votes from MaliciousOnion, waci, ronwayne, or dyne, and keeping Jolinaxas neutral. Lets Narrow it down to either Aethun or The Great Master. We'll do "Sudden Death" in which you have until the end of day Thursday to each of you vote for one or the other, and whomever has the most points is it.

Remember, this isn't a long term commitment, you can always go with someone else next mission, until you do eventually get to a "turning point" with one or more of them.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm going to stick with Aethun if nothing else because I feel like it will give our more socially oriented characters more to do.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pretty sure there'll be stuff for both sides to do regardless, so sticking with The Great Master.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Advocating Aethun, both in and out of character.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Gotta go with my algned homie, the Great Master, if only cause Draven and Jayden are off the table.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Draven is off the table, Jayden is probably tied onto it.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Since my vote was basically "anyone but the Master", I guess I'll throw in with Aethun.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aethun

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay Aethun for now. Will try to get update done this weekend, depends on how exhausting going back to the apartment and cleaning it is.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Take your time hoss, I've done enough one man, or near-one man moves to know how that feels. I also didn't have to deal with yankee winter.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Take your time hoss, I've done enough one man, or near-one man moves to know how that feels. I also didn't have to deal with yankee winter.

I've been moved in since last weekend. I just have to give the old place a spit shine.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Werix posted:

I've been moved in since last weekend. I just have to give the old place a spit shine.

Don't use actual spit. I learned that the hard way.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry for the slow post schedule. I kind of got thrown into doing an expedited appeal before the tribe's Supreme Court on an election matter, so I had been doing a lot of long nights the past two weeks, but I had the oral argument today, so things should be normalish now.

Plus I have been waiting to give dyne a chance to post yet. I plan to update early next week, with or without a shopping list from dyne.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, is there any information you yokels need to post, or has everyone just been kinda busy?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah. got job interviews this coming week. still interested just sidetracked.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Death in the family. Will try and get a post up tomorrow.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Now I kinda feel like a dick.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I've just been a mix of lazy and busy.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Werix posted:

It's not like you could have known. I'm also hoping to be able to actually join IRC more often again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been on enforced volunteering (go or lose your benefits), getting rejected from job apps, and desperately scrabbling money together to make rent.

So yeah, life in the way etc.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Some combination of being lazy and being in a slump due to a bunch of unsuccessful job hunting. Still, should get a post up in the near future.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, everyone's lives officially suck. Just was making sure it wasn't a situation where everyone didn't think there was anything for them to respond to.

So you all post whenever your collective personal issues allow.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
My car caught on fire but at least the part in question was still under warranty!!! I mean I only had it in for two loving weeks and less than 200 miles so it goddamn well had better been under warranty.

Now I just have to hitch a ride 100 miles back to Tulsa to get the car towed and worked on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Go team unemployment!