Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, in response to CPig's entry to D2, fakeclaimed doc to draw out a counter. Ecco, when pressed about doing so, pretended it never happened.

I am trying to force the thread to either join me and vote out the scum, Ecco, or vote me out before this game drives me insane.

That was pretty clearly not a real claim dogg. That said I'm 100% in favor of this because yeah as long as you two are both alive the thread is gonna be impossible to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Abyssal Squid posted:

That was pretty clearly not a real claim dogg. That said I'm 100% in favor of this because yeah as long as you two are both alive the thread is gonna be impossible to read.

How was it pretty clearly not a real claim?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

You should vote for Byers then because he's the one who is screaming and drooling

Byers you should vote for yourself.

Byers posted:

No
You should vote yourself.

Byers. byers. byers.

byers byers byers.

vote youself

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Why? It's a serious question; Gabe has spend thousands of words typing up me as scum and Ecco as town today. I've said previously I think he's overplaying his hand as a scumbro of Ecco's. Notice how he dodged the question in response.

You said "I'm town and Ecco's scum. Check :smug:" If you're actually trying for a serious answer that's not gonna get it, and behold! It came to pass that you did not get a serious answer.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

I believe someone wrote a parable about this.

byers.

byers why.

you should vote yourself.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

You should vote for Byers then because he's the one who is screaming and drooling

Byers. byers. byers.

byers byers byers.

vote youself

There's literally one reason in mafia to vote for yourself. This ain't it.

Ecco, to be clear, you're sticking with "doc was a fakeclaim, the lie detector claim is real," yeah?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Byers. byers. byers.

byers byers byers.

vote youself

For the record, this was a single post. :stare:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

There's literally one reason in mafia to vote for yourself. This ain't it.

Byers. Byers. Byers byers byers byers byers byers byers byers.

vote yourself.

quote:

Ecco, to be clear, you're sticking with "doc was a fakeclaim, the lie detector claim is real," yeah?
parab

le

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers just do the arena thing already, jeez.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

You said "I'm town and Ecco's scum. Check :smug:" If you're actually trying for a serious answer that's not gonna get it, and behold! It came to pass that you did not get a serious answer.

I asked him what he'd do when it happens. the idea being for him to consider what happens when he turns out to be wrong.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This is like bizarro mafia

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

Seriousposting "Thunderdoming" is where a player initiates a "thunderdome" where everyone in the town agrees to only vote out one of the two players being Thunderdomed.

It's a really loving stupid practice and I don't think I've ever actually seen it performed.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

She said no. She's "convinced" I'm scum, she's got several highly vocal supporters, and she will not agree to a one-on-one day because it limits her ability to weasel out of a bad situation, as she did yesterday.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

"Oh look town died at night, I'd better claim to have protected them as doctor, this makes sense. Claiming doctor at the dawn of Day 2 is a thing someone would do."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

she will not agree to a one-on-one day
If my legs were longer.
It my bust was smaller.
It my hands were graceful.
If my waist was thinner.
If my hips were flatter.
If my voice was warm.
If I could concentrate-

I'd be in the Arena.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

Man I'm actually leaning toward voting Ecco here, but goddamnit this isn't helping.

Reminder: Byers's case against Ecco is literally that Ecco provided an explanation for her reasoning, which shows she has a "guilty conscience."

Meanwhile, Byers outright lies about the game in order to push the Ecco lynch.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Seriousposting "Thunderdoming" is where a player initiates a "thunderdome" where everyone in the town agrees to only vote out one of the two players being Thunderdomed.

It's a really loving stupid practice and I don't think I've ever actually seen it performed.

Oh I thought Byers was claiming a duelist action, there was one in the last game I was in but that was role madness so idk. It was basically a dayvig that's determined by a vote, and didn't end the day.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey Applebell and Deep Ocean Squid

What can I do to get you to join me on a byers vote? What would you like to see?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Thunderdome is stupid and anti-town, in addition to being unenforceable. It seems to exist as a lovely Mafia in-joke and nothing more. ##vote byers

Also Gabriel has some really good posting! I hope to play more games with you, and your posting.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Reminder: Byers's case against Ecco is literally that Ecco provided an explanation for her reasoning, which shows she has a "guilty conscience."

Meanwhile, Byers outright lies about the game in order to push the Ecco lynch.

I think ecco is a He.

Why is byers not dead yet?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

She said no. She's "convinced" I'm scum, she's got several highly vocal supporters, and she will not agree to a one-on-one day because it limits her ability to weasel out of a bad situation, as she did yesterday.

It's likely to wind up being effectively one-on-one anyhow, regardless of what anyone wants. B

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Why is byers not dead yet?

I asked him to vote himself. but he said no. He's "convinced" I'm scum, he's got several vocal supporters, and he will not agree to self-vote because it limits his ability to weasel out of a bad situation, as he did yesterday.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I asked him to vote himself. but he said no. He's "convinced" I'm scum, he's got several vocal supporters, and he will not agree to self-vote because it limits his ability to weasel out of a bad situation, as he did yesterday.

Lol, bravo good sir, bravo.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Applebell and Deep Ocean Squid

What can I do to get you to join me on a byers vote? What would you like to see?

Basically if Byers doesn't pull out the duel action I thought he was claiming, then I'm gonna vote for him.

Ideally I'd vote for both of you but it sounds like that's not an option.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

What am I at, -3?

I'm Danica Pure-Spring, Priest of Kynareth. I'm the loving Doctor Ecco tried to draw out.

Byers2142 posted:

Almost as though it were a joke, yeah? Kynareth saves us from jokes occurring in jokephase!

There's my flavor breadcrumb back in jokephase. Now can we please, please lynch Ecco?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

What am I at, -3?

I'm Danica Pure-Spring, Priest of Kynareth. I'm the loving Doctor Ecco tried to draw out.

There's my flavor breadcrumb back in jokephase. Now can we please, please lynch Ecco?

This truly is bizarro mafia.

Scum managed to get the doc to out himself on day 2

##vote ecco

I was just kidding the whole time.

It should be pretty obvious to all who the scum are now. ty.

(next is pope, hes the next scum)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

This truly is bizarro mafia.

Scum managed to get the doc to out himself on day 2

##vote ecco

I was just kidding the whole time.

It should be pretty obvious to all who the scum are now. ty.

(next is pope, hes the next scum)

Ecco, Gabe, CPig, and Opop. 3 of 4 at least are scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Squid and glocken
vote ecco, Opop is a dumb vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ugh this is so annoying.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Byers why didn't you protect Asiina the claimed watcher.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

What am I at, -3?

welp

##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Guys guys guys hold your horses for chrissakes.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

Basically if Byers doesn't pull out the duel action I thought he was claiming, then I'm gonna vote for him.

Ideally I'd vote for both of you but it sounds like that's not an option.

If I don't do the action I did not claim, you're voting me? But Ecco, who has claimed two roles and now backed away from both of them as "lol joke" gets a pass?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Guys guys guys hold your horses for chrissakes.

Hush your face scummy scummerson

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Byers why didn't you protect Asiina the claimed watcher.

Because I didn't believe her claim.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Squid and glocken
vote ecco, Opop is a dumb vote.

Yeah I realized just before all this that scum or not he's probably gonna die anyway, unless two better targets show themselves.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Hush your face scummy scummerson

No. Byers's claim is not very good, and none of it makes me scum either.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This is a mess

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Because I didn't believe her claim.

Why wouldn't you believe her claim.

Why.

You know what is a really easy role to prove? Watcher. You know what is a really strong power role? Watcher!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, Gabe, CPig, and Opop. 3 of 4 at least are scum.

Wow paranoid much, Mr.OMGUS?

• Locked thread