Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EccoRaven posted:

The only reason I bring up the setup spec is because scum doctor is an uncommon role, and we'd need a good reason to seriously suspect one. The setup is a good reason - it's very plausible the scum would have a doctor.

Byers's play doesn't line up with a town doctor. It lines up better with a scum doctor.

And, of course, this is assuming he isn't totally pulling this out of the air, since as I already said the scum almost certainly have fakeclaims :eng101:

Bullshit. You brought up setup spec yesterday to get around arguing my actual case. You're bringing it up today to attack my claim. Both times, you're doing it because it is easier to argue setup spec than the game at hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Lets make a pact to ONLY vote for each other for as long as we can the entire game.

:pinkyswear:

That will just make the day last longer!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Shut up outsider!
You arent a part of this pact!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

Lets make a pact to ONLY vote for each other for as long as we can the entire game.

:pinkyswear:

Ahhh! Nice try, CPig!

##vote byers

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

Ahhh! Nice try, CPig!

##vote byers

dammit

##vote ecco

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I agree.

##vote Ecco

How delightfully predictable :allears:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

How delightfully predictable :allears:

You know whats funny , you were all

Gabriel Pope posted:

and you are voting for someone who isnt going to get voted because he is acting obviously town (much like you are acting obviously scum)

So just please vote for ecco and end this day.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Stepping outside "Ecco-who-is-scum" for a moment, starting tomorrow we need to tighten up on lurkers as well. Given the high rate of posts and volume of those posts, I could see some scum hiding and hoping to be overlooked.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Stepping outside "Ecco-who-is-scum" for a moment, starting tomorrow we need to tighten up on lurkers as well. Given the high rate of posts and volume of those posts, I could see some scum hiding and hoping to be overlooked.

I agree, but with the vote split most of them are going to have to come back in just to get a lynch.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm pretty sure one of the scum teams is Ecco, Gabe and sandwolf. They are consistently backing each other up, making excuses for each other, and insisting that anyone who votes for them is scum.

You guys seem to think that me and byers have some association with each other and obviously we do because we're both town. It's ridiculous that after he came out and told us that he is the doctor you guys still want to lynch him. That's hella scummy to me.

Ecco is making up some bullshit about how there's probably a scum doctor and maybe there is I have no idea but if you were town you would not want to lynch the town doctor. Period.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

I agree, but with the vote split most of them are going to have to come back in just to get a lynch.

You would no lynch before voting Ecco?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

acknowledge what I have said about you this instant!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I want to point out that CPig, who I've called scum, is currently my closest ally in this game. That is insane. This game is insane.

Please do the needful, people.

##vote Ecco

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm pretty sure one of the scum teams is Ecco, Gabe and sandwolf. They are consistently backing each other up, making excuses for each other, and insisting that anyone who votes for them is scum.

You guys seem to think that me and byers have some association with each other and obviously we do because we're both town. It's ridiculous that after he came out and told us that he is the doctor you guys still want to lynch him. That's hella scummy to me.

LOL

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

You would no lynch before voting Ecco?

Never said anything implying that (speaking of putting words in peoples' mouths...) Ecco's flip would be useful, although unfortunately unless and until another doctor turns up I don't think a town flip would be conclusive evidence that you're lying about your claim. At least not conclusive enough to warrant lynching a doctor, no matter how demonstrably terrible.

I don't know about Sandwolf or EPlus, though, and Ecco is at -4, so even if I vote Ecco we'd still likely need more lurker votes.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

AXE COP and Good Sir both have as many posts as Votefinder, at that point I think it's more cause for mod action than policy votes. Of course there's still 48 hours left in the Day so maybe they weren't expecting something like this to happen so soon. :{}

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi! I have poked the lurkers. The lurkers are now poked. You may all now go about your business of shaving elves or walking your dwarfs or whatever Skyram is about.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Gabriel WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NO CHANCE TO BE HUNG TODAY

make your vote matter you pooface.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Hi! I have poked the lurkers. The lurkers are now poked. You may all now go about your business of shaving elves or walking your dwarfs or whatever Skyram is about.

Thanks Somberbrero you're cool beans. :cool: Chili beans (chili with turnip)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Gabriel WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NO CHANCE TO BE HUNG TODAY

Don't be such a downer. You say he has no chance to be hung but join me, and we can do this, together. All you have to do is ~*~believe~*~ that AnonymousNarcotic can be lynched.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Don't be such a downer. You say he has no chance to be hung but join me, and we can do this, together. All you have to do is ~*~believe~*~ that AnonymousNarcotic can be lynched.

nah, number one he clearly isnt scum

number two , you clearly are so just be a good lad and vote ecco so we can kill you tomorrow.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Gabriel Pope posted:

If people really truly aren't going to vote for Byers because "oh noooo he's a DOCTOR we can't vote for that! :(" then I will join you.

##vote anonnarco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

number two , you clearly are so just be a good lad and vote ecco so we can kill you tomorrow.

hey pig realchat do you actually have something role-based against me? because you shouldn't so I'm assuming you've just been bluffing all game and largely ignoring you but if you do you should say so so I can tell you why you're wrong

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

hey pig realchat do you actually have something role-based against me? because you shouldn't so I'm assuming you've just been bluffing all game and largely ignoring you but if you do you should say so so I can tell you why you're wrong

Wouldnt you like to know SCUM

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

If people really truly aren't going to vote for Byers because "oh noooo he's a DOCTOR we can't vote for that! :(" then I will join you.

##vote anonnarco

It'd be better to wait until night to kill him, at least that wouldn't be as blatant.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Wouldnt you like to know SCUM
I'm vanilla town so there is literally nothing you could have against me.

in this post I included an invisible bold tag before the letter "v" in "favorite." Because I was vanilla I tried to get the mod to change my current character - some rando from the bard's college, like jorn or something, I honestly have spent less than thirty seconds there in the game - to the one I talk about in the post.

I uploaded a picture of the aforementioned character to imgur here when I was uploading all those screengrabs earlier:
http://imgur.com/kDoWBf6

My role PM says I get a boon if I hammer scum, thus my comments day 1 re: chili and narco being totally scum.

So. Yeah. There is literally no case against me other than "ecco isn't byers!" which is not a very good case because so are like 15 other players in the game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Never said anything implying that (speaking of putting words in peoples' mouths...) Ecco's flip would be useful, although unfortunately unless and until another doctor turns up I don't think a town flip would be conclusive evidence that you're lying about your claim. At least not conclusive enough to warrant lynching a doctor, no matter how demonstrably terrible.

I don't know about Sandwolf or EPlus, though, and Ecco is at -4, so even if I vote Ecco we'd still likely need more lurker votes.

You said that we couldn't get a lynch without lurkers returning because we're split., but you had your vote on Narc because of, if I understand this right, the boon thing. Not only is that case bad because of EXAKT's mod mistake, it's a safe way to park your vote somewhere unconnected to the conversation of the day. I wanted you to go on the record as to when/if you would vote Ecco.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

in this post I included an invisible bold tag before the letter "v" in "favorite." Because I was vanilla I tried to get the mod to change my current character - some rando from the bard's college, like jorn or something, I honestly have spent less than thirty seconds there in the game - to the one I talk about in the post.

I uploaded a picture of the aforementioned character to imgur here when I was uploading all those screengrabs earlier:

My role PM says I get a boon if I hammer scum, thus my comments day 1 re: chili and narco being totally scum.

So. Yeah. There is literally no case against me other than "ecco isn't byers!" which is not a very good case because so are like 15 other players in the game.

Lol someone isnt reading the thread

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol someone isnt reading the thread

is it you?

I think it's you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

is it you?

I think it's you.

No, because if you had youd already have the answer on whether my voting of you is based on a role or not.

find it yourself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Except you're acting like a cop or a tracker or something. This level of certainty just isn't sensible, especially when I'm vanilla town and have jack-all you could actually have against me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

You said that we couldn't get a lynch without lurkers returning because we're split., but you had your vote on Narc because of, if I understand this right, the boon thing.

Did you literally not read any of my posts today :doh:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I stepped away for a couple hours to do some work, and holy gently caress what is going on

I'm still catching up/processing.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Did you literally not read any of my posts today :doh:

I honestly stopped after awhile. Sell me on Narc in three sentences.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

Are you really still harping on about this? It was a mod mistake.

No one believes you're town. The only people who aren't voting for you are your scum buddies.

Let's get this lynch done, people.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

So did you not read anything you posted Day 1? I mean I wouldn't blame you but uhh... there was something about how scum have fakeclaims. Also wow breadcrumbing VT, I don't have words for that.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Meinberg posted:

I stepped away for a couple hours to do some work, and holy gently caress what is going on

I'm still catching up/processing.

Read it all it's hilarious.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Abyssal Squid posted:

Read it all it's hilarious.

Oh I did.

I did.

My only current coherent commentary is that I'm somewhat suspicious of a self-protecting Doctor.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Are you really still harping on about this? It was a mod mistake.

No one believes you're town. The only people who aren't voting for you are your scum buddies.

Let's get this lynch done, people.

Ecco has 11 scumbuddies :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

I mean I wouldn't blame you but uhh... there was something about how scum have fakeclaims.
Yeah, I could have a fakeclaim. It's certainly possible. But I made my breadcrumb anyway because I love breadcrumbing and I do it for even vanilla roles.

quote:

Also wow breadcrumbing VT, I don't have words for that.
I can supply them for you:

"Wow that's kind of strange but it makes sense since the point of breadcrumbing a role is just to show you've committed to this claim since well before you made it, so, I can see where you're coming from."

• Locked thread