Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
byers tried to self-hammer??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Sandwolf's count was wrong.

Byers2142 posted:

Nope. Y'all are hosed.

Wow, you're kind of being a heel.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote I deserve to hammer

You want the boon, you sneaky, greedy gently caress!

Who here wants to bet that scum get a boon for lynching town PRs?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

that would be asinine.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Like, look at your posting and think about how rude you are being :(

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sorry, calling you a gently caress was out of line, Ecco. That was more from the realization of what you were doing. I've tried very hard not to make it personal.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
hahahahaha this is glorious chaos

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sandwolf's count was wrong.

Okay I was really hoping that we'd be able to off Ecco today and let scum take care of Byers (the claimed power role who is Other to one of the scumteams) but ugh.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's true. You're looking at two teams of 3 scum each, which means town loses the majority tomorrow unless scum kill one another. And also I'm incredibly frustrated by the town's ignoring of Ecco's play.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

Okay I was really hoping that we'd be able to off Ecco today and let scum take care of Byers (the claimed power role who is Other to one of the scumteams) but ugh.

Hey Squid you should vote for Byers. He's probably the scum, not me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

You want the boon, you sneaky, greedy gently caress!

I dunno, look in your role PM and tell us.

If Ecco is vanilla town then trying to get the boon is the right play. We have confirmation from Asiina that town power roles have the boon mechanic too and scum will probably try to kill anyone who gets a hammer out of fear for whatever they might have earned for hammering. If a power role hammers and they get nightkilled for it we're out a power role.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'll hammer myself, but I'm not letting scum get a boon from hammering me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

I do find it funny that self-hammering is now apparently a legitimate scum tactic.

Byers2142 posted:

I'll hammer myself, but I'm not letting scum get a boon from hammering me.

We have arrived at the last gambit :allears:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

And again, sorry about the "gently caress" thing, Ecco. Really rude of me.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Squid you should vote for Byers. He's probably the scum, not me.

Yeah I never really liked Byer's arguments, I just decided that you're probably scum on my own, hth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

We have arrived at the last gambit :allears:

Unless you arrange in the scumdoc to one-two vote, I can hopefully sneak in the hammer to stop you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Unless you arrange in the scumdoc to one-two vote, I can hopefully sneak in the hammer to stop you.

Do you think the scumteam haven't already thought of this?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Cool squid

Hey Byers if I'm scum then explain this post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700743&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post441733887

wherein I tell Pope in less direct words "my speculation as a vanilla town was only vanillas got the boon but Asiina getting one despite being a watcher destroyed that speculation."

Be a boonbro. Let me hammer you you jerk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Cool squid

Hey Byers if I'm scum then explain this post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700743&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post441733887

wherein I tell Pope in less direct words "my speculation as a vanilla town was only vanillas got the boon but Asiina getting one despite being a watcher destroyed that speculation."

Be a boonbro. Let me hammer you you jerk.

You're lying, and no.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Do you think the scumteam haven't already thought of this?

So you're admitting I'm likely town that scum would want to hammer on?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think a self hammer makes sense, and I think we should be inherently suspicious of anyone who really wants to hammer someone else

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

So you're admitting I'm likely town that scum would want to hammer on?

No, that is actually the opposite of what is implied.

If you were town and scum wanted to hammer you for a reward, they would have already coordinated to secure the hammer. According to you, virtually the entirety of both scumteams voted you first thing, which by your theory would mean they were locking themselves out of getting a hammer reward.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I think a self hammer makes sense, and I think we should be inherently suspicious of anyone who really wants to hammer someone else

or we should say "ecco is town byers is scum and considering ALL THE BULLCRAP we've had today, ecco deserves the boon"

I mean yeah wanting to hammer without context is probably not optimal town play but thankfully we live in a world rich in context

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh god here we go again, yeah I'm through.

Tell you what Ecco, I'll vote for Byers if you let me hammer.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

We know town gets a reward for hammering scum. We do not know that scum get anything for hammering scum, town, power roles, or anybody else.

In fact, now that we're examining the issue, the inherent advantage that scum have in being able to arrange a hammer makes me question whether they have a boon mechanic.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

No, that is actually the opposite of what is implied.

If you were town and scum wanted to hammer you for a reward, they would have already coordinated to secure the hammer. According to you, virtually the entirety of both scumteams voted you first thing, which by your theory would mean they were locking themselves out of getting a hammer reward.

Gee, if only someone had unvoted specifically to get the hamOHWAIT

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote I deserve to hammer

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Hi, sorry for lurking. I don't post much day 1 and then I was at work all day after the thread opened again. Let me read some posts

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

I would rather rot in hell!!!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Oh god what is happening

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

If you and Ecco vote, I will hammer. That ends the day. it's a pretty simple proposition.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AXE COP posted:

Hi, sorry for lurking. I don't post much day 1 and then I was at work all day after the thread opened again. Let me read some posts

Vote Byers he scumclaimed AXECOP

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I agree with this, but I also think that the town doctor self-voting with two days left is inherently ridiculous. I think Byers has been melting down today. Earlier I read him as frustrated town but now I think he's coming across more as frustrated scum. I'm willing to bet Byers is getting bussed by someone on his team.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

AXE COP posted:

Vote for me.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Gabriel Pope posted:

We know town gets a reward for hammering scum. We do not know that scum get anything for hammering scum, town, power roles, or anybody else.

In fact, now that we're examining the issue, the inherent advantage that scum have in being able to arrange a hammer makes me question whether they have a boon mechanic.

There's no reason to think scum A wouldn't get a boon for hammering scum B though.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

I agree with this, but I also think that the town doctor self-voting with two days left is inherently ridiculous. I think Byers has been melting down today. Earlier I read him as frustrated town but now I think he's coming across more as frustrated scum. I'm willing to bet Byers is getting bussed by someone on his team.

And if I flip scum (I won't) you can hunt that person tomorrow. But I'm done with this day.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I want a boon though

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
##vote Byers

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Epsilon Plus posted:

psst

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm pretty sure one of the scum teams is Ecco, Gabe and sandwolf. They are consistently backing each other up, making excuses for each other, and insisting that anyone who votes for them is scum.

You guys seem to think that me and byers have some association with each other and obviously we do because we're both town. It's ridiculous that after he came out and told us that he is the doctor you guys still want to lynch him. That's hella scummy to me.

Ecco is making up some bullshit about how there's probably a scum doctor and maybe there is I have no idea but if you were town you would not want to lynch the town doctor. Period.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Me too. I still think Ecco is scum but this whole debacle is ridiculous and should stop.

##vote Byers

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

AXE COP posted:

I want a boon though

So do a lot of people, so I'm taking the boon away with me so scum can't have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Oops

• Locked thread