Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gwynplaine posted:

My strongman claim was based on the idea that Milky was a bodyguard or doctor that someone had strongmanned past. It was a matter of rules ignorance and not knowing milky's role is all.

That doesn't really make sense. You're still trying to hide behind "I'm a big noob get me out of here" but how would you know what a strongman is without understanding how it works?

##vote Gwynplaine

I'll be offline for awhile, I'm visiting my parents for the weekend so have limited access to a computer and phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
One other thing I'll put out there: right now I've got nothing. I'm slightly more suss on the newbies than beet and splode but it's no sure thing. Someone has gotta have something that can either help them clear their name or else drat them in a lie.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I had assumed Mystic was being protected by milky but that someone strongmanned through him. Because I though milky was a doctor or bodyguard. How is that weird?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I am vanilla town and my only real angle has been constantly blabbing the truth because I figured that suddenly going silent after the numerous scum claims against me would only condemn me further. I am to dumb to form a good web of lies, I'd get caught in my own web in no time. Maybe a few games down the track but not first up.

To assume I'm scum would be to assume that someone as stupid and as new as me could be sufficiently obfuscating to trick experienced players for this long. I don't think anyone want's to live in that reality.

I guarantee. After one more confirmed town vote for me, the remaining two scum will pop out of the wood work to quickhammer me.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

I have been dropping subtle hints (subtle for me, that is) as to my role in all this but slag is just a cybertronian swear.

I didn't wanna just out and out say who I am. I figure that's probably a stupid or scummy or both thing to do.

Go back and show where you dropped subtle hints to your role.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Well my role is vanilla, what I meant is my character. I don't know if that's an iffy thing to do or not. But throughout my posting:

I have said that we'd look really geeky if we lost.

Called toml, who we know is megatron 'fearless leader'

Claimed that, as megatron, it was his job to knock me down the stairs.

Signed off by saying 'great working with you'

If you know the episode 'fire on the mountain' it all comes together.

Not a combaticon. We know the scum are combaticons.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
That's a really poo poo excuse but whatever.

So we have confirmed town toml. We have a doc. We have my power which allowed milky and I to agree on a likely truce since d2. Going back over the night actions I'm almost certain we have one other role in play as well. If so, I'm almost certain we have a lock on this.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

That's a really poo poo excuse but whatever.

So we have confirmed town toml. We have a doc. We have my power which allowed milky and I to agree on a likely truce since d2. Going back over the night actions I'm almost certain we have one other role in play as well. If so, I'm almost certain we have a lock on this.

Remind me how we know there's a cop?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

Remind me how we know there's a cop?

Not cop, doc.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Not cop, doc.

gently caress i'm an idiot, yes, remind me how we know we have a doc?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
A nurse died but no doctor. Unless I've missed that somewhere.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

A nurse died but no doctor. Unless I've missed that somewhere.

Gotcha.

You're roleclaiming as ... 'something'.

We all know I'm vanilla because I was a 1-shot Gladiator.

And either Gwyn or Beet or Splode or HM must be a doctor.

Gwyn has roleclaimed as Vanilla.

Where does this leave us?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I think HM might be the doctor. If he's not, I'd say he's scum. Him and Beet.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

Gotcha.

If we get the doc to come forward and no-one challenges then we've got three confirmed townies. I also think that there's another town out there with a pretty powerful role and if they come forward and no-one challenges we've got four. Then either one of the two remaining are scum or both are.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

If we get the doc to come forward and no-one challenges then we've got three confirmed townies. I also think that there's another town out there with a pretty powerful role and if they come forward and no-one challenges we've got four. Then either one of the two remaining are scum or both are.

Furthermore, I'm suss on there being more than maybe one vanilla town and / or one vanilla scum left. Gaspy fucken loves him some roles.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Yup. Let's do this. Doctor, come forward.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

Morning goons.

Black Tangled, I trusted you! :mad:

Alright so my scumdar is pretty off. I'm going out for breakfast now, will have a bit of a think and a read and post some more later. Sorry I don't have anything great to share!

:ghost: Never trust Brian Taylor :ghost:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

Gotcha.

are we really letting gwyn's original role claim as doc slide?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

are we really letting gwyn's original role claim as doc slide?

For now. Whatcha got?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tirade posted:

For now. Whatcha got?

"lets all reveal our roles to scum" is dangerous.

I'm a Two shot commuter, not disclosing how many I have left so scum can't plan

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

"lets all reveal our roles to scum" is dangerous.

I'm a Two shot commuter, not disclosing how many I have left so scum can't plan

We're in end game here. If we miss our scum lynch tonight we're hosed unless we can jerry-rig together three surviving townies for tomorrow somehow. Which I think is still possible.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Alright Beet & Hidden Movement. Which one of you is the doctor.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Since we're laying down cards, I'll word you guys up about what happened on d2.

I'm (x)-shot bulletproof (not giving the number just yet, but may do later if it helps). Milky tried to hit me on n1, it bounced off. If he was nightkilling there'd be no way he'd freak out on d2 morning. So I've been sold on him since d2. I guess he figured out the same thing.

I'm going over d4 again now - once toml came back to life they must have been pretty loving worried about having three towns who mostly trusted each other and would have tried to break us up. Which was why b_t threw shade on both Milky and I yesterday, and probably why Milky gunned her down last night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I am not a doctor.

I haven't wanted to reveal my role because I've used it to some good effect, and some bad. I'd prefer to hold off revealing it until tomorrow because I don't want scum to anticipate what I'm going to do.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Something doesn't work out, though. There's gonna be two scum left. We've got two people who haven't roleclaimed and no doctor yet.

That would mean either Tirade or Splode is lying to us.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade I worked out very quickly what happened between you and milky, and I had presumed you were always bullet proof and now knowing it's a limited power kind of blows the wind out of my sails for tonight.

Maybe.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Tirade I worked out very quickly what happened between you and milky, and I had presumed you were always bullet proof and now knowing it's a limited power kind of blows the wind out of my sails for tonight.

Maybe.

If you are what I think you are, I can probably tie a narrative together that makes most night actions make sense. I've been going back and studying them because that's all the information we've got, our lynch votes are all pretty horrible.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
So people don't have to dig back through, here are our day and night kills so far:

d1:
Anidav (Tracker) (Lynch)

n2:
Mills (Vanilla)
Mith (Watcher)

d2:
WFD (Nurse) (Lynch)

n2:
MMG (One-shot Governer)
Sky Coq (Cop)
Kat Delacour (Bomb)
ODC (Vanilla Scum)

d3:
Bif (Vengeful) (Lynch)
TOML (Gladiator) (Lynchbomb)

n3:
FS (Deputy)
SK (Ninja Scum)

d4:
dj-bbq (Roleblocker)

n4:
b_t (Roleblocker Scum)
Milky (Vigilante)

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Something doesn't work out, though. There's gonna be two scum left. We've got two people who haven't roleclaimed and no doctor yet.

Gwynidav if you turn out to be town I swear to god...

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Gwynidav
That one's gonna stick.

Waiting for HM to show up before I place my vote.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Yes yes. I'll be the worst player ever and you'll lynch me first just on principle next time.

If I suddenly go quiet is that gonna make you feel any better?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Beets don't need to roleclaim, but you helped out milky at least one night, yeah?

If so, I'm pretty sure I've got us scum.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hiddenmovement where are you?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Hiddenmovement where are you?

Mills and Anidav, both of whom died on d1, still have a higher postcount than hiddenmovement.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Gwyn to explain this to you: yes, scum will lie when they roleclaim. That's kind of the point. Get them to lie, see if they say something that is disproven by previous events. Which is why, mother of all surprises, you could be lying to us with your vanilla town claim, since you can't disprove it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Gwyn to explain this to you: yes, scum will lie when they roleclaim. That's kind of the point. Get them to lie, see if they say something that is disproven by previous events. Which is why, mother of all surprises, you could be lying to us with your vanilla town claim, since you can't disprove it.

This is also the reason that one of the biggest gently caress ups you can make is to lie as a townie. If you're caught in a lie, you will be lynched and rightly so. Withhold information, be a bit cagey if needed, but never lie.

Which is why I am so loving suss on you it's not funny. How, for example, did you guess "roleblocker" on dj-bbq before he claimed it?

Gwynplaine posted:

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

You've never played mafia before, the list of possible roles is [link=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles]well over 100[/link]. It's a loving incredible guess, or, you've got information you're not sharing and now have explicitly denied. If you're gonna stick with "lucky guess" then so be it, but if you're a town with some kind of watching power you're absolutely loving town with how bad you're playing.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Makes sense. If I was gonna lie about my role though, I'd have said I was a jester.

I realise we're doing this ongoing dance here and it's getting tiresome but that is literally how it is. It's gonna be right there in my death. Vanilla scum.

I'm just sorry that I'm probably gonna end up misleading people and losing the game for the town as a consequence. I'm gonna see about getting some help after this.

I am really genuinely sorry to all the people I'm pissing off.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

I realise we're doing this ongoing dance here and it's getting tiresome but that is literally how it is. It's gonna be right there in my death. Vanilla scum.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I... I need to go and lie down for a little bit.

• Locked thread