Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

From pyf dogge pic

Sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Minh
Jan 24, 2004

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Why is this dogge not getting pets?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Mike O if you want to know the deal with service dogs for PTSD you can PM me.

Basically any responsible program would require a referral from your therapist saying you have service connected mental health issues that impact your quality of life in such a way that a service dog would be helpful.

Not all programs are responsible. By program I mean nonprofits and charitable orgs that do this as their primary function.

I've seen service dogs for vets go horribly wrong and awesomely right. It's usually very predictable ahead of time regardless of the vet's PTSD. Shitheads make poo poo dog owners. Surprise!

I'm mentioning that so you understand the good and bad of it will be on you, not your crippling autism or sadbrains. If you legit have anxiety outside the house, or issues trying to leave the house, or problems on the road or in public or whatever, yknow, service dogs might be a cool option. They are just one option, of which there are plenty others that do not come with thousand dollar / decade long commitments. You know the deal.

I worked at an organization that ran a year long owner/trainer service dog model. Amazing how many people bug out when you make them build sweat equity in their furry PTSD potion.

Do give me a PM or hangouts email if you want to know more please.

Also has anyone read this amazing PI thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700934&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That thread got really went downhill fast. :( Pitties need love, too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

I worked at an organization that ran a year long owner/trainer service dog model. Amazing how many people bug out when you make them build sweat equity in their furry PTSD potion.

anyone that gets a dog and doesn't invest at least some sweat equity is probably not dog material in the first place. That's why cats exist. Or snakes, if that's your thing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

anyone that gets a dog and doesn't invest at least some sweat equity is probably not dog material in the first place. That's why cats exist. Or snakes, if that's your thing.

And yet there are places that will literally fly you for free to their location for a 2 week "bonding retreat" then send you packing with a free adult service dog with $30,000 of training. There are dozens of places like that. Some folks have a lot of money and a desire to help and no loving common sense. Veterans are the worst group I have ever worked with when it comes to appreciating free resources and benefits. They just do not give a poo poo about what they didn't pay/work for. I guess I can see how you might pick up that attitude after working with government property.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Something reminded I took this years ago. Dogge rules.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 20, 2015

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Boat posted:

Something reminded I took this years ago. Dogge rules.

getting all the bitches :whatup:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the info Zeris, guess I'll talk with you in the hangout later or whatever. Yeah I've got some problems being in public around lots of people and poo poo like that, anxiety, anger. I definitely don't want to just get thrown a dog and act like it's going to magically make my sadbrains better.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

oh my god

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

FYI:

Americans with Disabilities Act posted:

In addition to the provisions about service dogs, the Department’s revised ADA regulations have a new, separate provision about miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. (Miniature horses generally range in height from 24 inches to 34 inches measured to the shoulders and generally weigh between 70 and 100 pounds.) Entities covered by the ADA must modify their policies to permit miniature horses where reasonable. The regulations set out four assessment factors to assist entities in determining whether miniature horses can be accommodated in their facility. The assessment factors are (1) whether the miniature horse is housebroken; (2) whether the miniature horse is under the owner’s control; (3) whether the facility can accommodate the miniature horse’s type, size, and weight; and (4) whether the miniature horse’s presence will not compromise legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operation of the facility.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
click here to die

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pro-click. Puppies in the snow for the first time :3:

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I got something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:kimchi:

All the pets more pics

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbfJvAErqQ

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

edit:

i just discovered that this dogge's name is Marnie and that she has her own blogge: http://marniethedog.tumblr.com/

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 22, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marnie gets around!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Feel-good story of the year. :)

http://marniethedog.tumblr.com/about

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

lolwut :stare:

This is the best thing.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

UoI posted:

This is the best thing.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

UoI posted:

lolwut :stare:

Somebody threw the cat through the snow. You can see them in the last couple of frames :ssh:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

its like a little tiny dog is attached to some ears

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tide posted:

Somebody threw the cat through the snow. You can see them in the last couple of frames :ssh:

Oh, I didn't notice because phone. That's just mean. :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

UoI posted:

Oh, I didn't notice because phone. That's just mean. :(

It's a cat. I wouldn't expect that rug it landed on to be long for this world

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Gus Hobbleton posted:

its like a little tiny dog is attached to some ears

like you know how dogs have ears

those ears have a dog

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Cole posted:

like you know how dogs have ears

those ears have a dog

Pretty sure he can hear you think.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Boat posted:

Pretty sure he can hear you think.

Pretty sure he can get DirecTV.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

I vant to drink your bludd

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn I love this puppy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:3: :3: :3:

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Goddamn I love this puppy.

Please tell me his name is Doggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless