Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Thread lives again? Kk good.

I'm sticking with Gwnyplaine. Only person who can convince me otherwise is TOML.

The way Black_Tangled moved to defend him yesterday and implicate Dj-BBQ instead concerns me. The way I see it there are 2 voting blocks, Tirade/Gwny and Splode/Hambeet. One block is scum one is town.

The most important piece is Gwynplaine. He has been crazy suss, backtracking and making inconsistent, irrational statements. He was protected yesterday by a known scum.

My guess is Tirade knows that he needs to protect him, and is making a ditch effort to make us think he is just the world's worst town player, but I don't think Gwyn is that dumb (I don't think anyone is that dumb) and I still don't think Asphyxious would dump two liabilities on the same team. Tirade was most vocal in getting roleclaims out there and I think he did that to reveal the doctor (i.e me). I also don't believe Tirade didn't know that posting mod messages was against the rules and he did it because Gwyn's terrible play has put him in a desperate situation.

That said I'm not sure about Splode and Hambeet either.

At the moment I'm 70/30 on Tirade/Gwyn being scum, but I will vote with TOML on this because I know he's better at this than me and we need a consensus otherwise we will all get knifed overnight.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hiddenmovement posted:

Thread lives again? Kk good.

I'm sticking with Gwnyplaine. Only person who can convince me otherwise is TOML.

The way Black_Tangled moved to defend him yesterday and implicate Dj-BBQ instead concerns me. The way I see it there are 2 voting blocks, Tirade/Gwny and Splode/Hambeet. One block is scum one is town.

The most important piece is Gwynplaine. He has been crazy suss, backtracking and making inconsistent, irrational statements. He was protected yesterday by a known scum.

My guess is Tirade knows that he needs to protect him, and is making a ditch effort to make us think he is just the world's worst town player, but I don't think Gwyn is that dumb (I don't think anyone is that dumb) and I still don't think Asphyxious would dump two liabilities on the same team. Tirade was most vocal in getting roleclaims out there and I think he did that to reveal the doctor (i.e me). I also don't believe Tirade didn't know that posting mod messages was against the rules and he did it because Gwyn's terrible play has put him in a desperate situation.

That said I'm not sure about Splode and Hambeet either.

At the moment I'm 70/30 on Tirade/Gwyn being scum, but I will vote with TOML on this because I know he's better at this than me and we need a consensus otherwise we will all get knifed overnight.

might wanna refresh and check the previous page :stare:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Oh. How does that always happen to me.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Huh boy.

I still think it's splode and beet. I'm more sure of beet than splode.

I gotta go to work.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah look i say we all stop posting till gaspy makes an announcement or something.

i have a response for you about who to protect now tirades dead but.. it could be pointless. lets wait it out.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah look i say we all stop posting till gaspy makes an announcement or something.

i have a response for you about who to protect now tirades dead but.. it could be pointless. lets wait it out.

Agreed, I've got a mates birthday in an hour so my posting will be spotty as hell.

I'm not changing my vote tho.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Fair enough too, HM.

One bad call at the end of an otherwise exceptional first game is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm gonna review how you played. Might learn a thing or seventy.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
:ghost: Sorry all, particularly to Gaspy who's had another great game ruined by a dumb player. :ghost:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

BRAWL IS MORE FOOLISH!

(RIP SPLODE, SCUM TWO-SHOT STRONGMAN M-M-M-MULTI MOD KILL)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

H M?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Ah sorry. You're waiting for tomorrow and are busy. As you were. I

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##vote Gwynplaine

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
:ghost: fix your rules gaspy :mad::ghost:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Well, the town will probably still win. Shame I won't be around to see it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Splode posted:

:ghost: fix your rules gaspy :mad::ghost:

It's pretty bloody basic that you don't post your mod PM, or pretend to post your mod PM.

Game is still on for the next 3 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Gwynplaine (1): Those On My Left

Not Voting (3): Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Matthew Beet

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 45 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I have received a PM from Hiddenmovement outlining how he'd progress, so I will now manually add his vote. He sent a message asking that this vote be added incase the thread unlocked.

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 21, 2015

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Votecount for Day 7

Gwynplaine (2): Those On My Left, hiddenmovement

Not Voting (2): Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 35 minutes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##vote Matthew Beet

It's cool. Managed to phone vote while pretending to use the calculations function.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Gwynplaine

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Gwynplaine!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Thundercracker's internal monologue day one:

"This Starscream guy seems really into it, he's all pointing fingers, claiming abilities, real blaze of glory stuff."

"I think he's got the right idea. This is how I'm gonna handle this.."

"..just.."

"..like.."

"..him."

Thundercracker's internal monologue day four:

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit-"

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit!"

--------------------------

THUNDERCRACKER pulled a Starscream!

(RIP GWYNPLAINE, VANILLA TOWN)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Onslaught steps from the rubble of Shockwave's laboratory, clutching the remains of the Autobot medic Ratchet.

(RIP HIDDENMOVEMENT, TOWN DOCTOR)

Megatron: "Onslaught! I should have known it was your tactical genius behind this insurgency. Are you so desperate for war you'd risk the wrath of Megatron!?"

Onslaught: "yep."

Megatron: "I see! And so it seems you have me at a disadvantage! Would you permit me at least a glance of strategical mastery? Your fine tuned tactical methods are unrivalled!"

Onslaught: "As you wish, Megatron! Behold!"

Onslaught lowers himself one knee, bringing himself to eye-level with a computer terminal, then proceeds to mush his face against the keyboard, rolling his head backwards and forwards.

Onslaught: "wblblblblblblblblblbl"

Megatron: "Incredible."

Onslaught: "So what now Megatron? Will you execute me for my insubordination?"

Megatron: "No, Onslaught. You've got that mad keen, war machine look in your eye. And I've got that big gun Megatron thing that you like. And when we come crashing down, we come back every time. Because Decepticons never go out of style..."

-----------------------------------------

COMBATICON VICTORY

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I was practically shouting NO NO DON'T KILL GWYN NO

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Well earned victory. Town was a shambles.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Did TOML come back as a Scum Megatron?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Did TOML come back as a Scum Megatron?

No I just thought I'd give him and Beet a happy ending.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm going to have to go to work soon, and will be unable to post much, but I still, even now think BBQ might be up to something. Not sure about KD, Beet or BT either.

Even before the Vanilla Scum slip up you were the Idiot King of Townies. Throwing shade on a loving corpse.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Sorry once again for the gently caress up :(

Well deserved victory to the scum, I didn't have either beet or splode picked until today. Did beet have a role?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Jesus Christ. I'm so sorry for my original fuckup. What a massacre.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Wait, I investigated Beet the night I died and got town. Who the gently caress busdrove me?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I killed a lot of town players as vigilante but I went after people who gave me good reason to think they were scummy. I was always really surprised when I woke up and found out I'd killed a town.

Even with the town being a bit of a shambles and the PM posting screw up, the last few scum played really well and I only clicked on to Splode the day I killed B_T. It was B_T's 'hoorah for town' post that made me disregard TOML's message and go after them, if anyone is curious about how I picked them for death. I was suss on Beet but not enough to really contemplate him as a choice for my night kill.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Old Dirty Combaticon is pleased with this outcome.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I think my favorite flavor text is the Thundercracker one though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

Sorry once again for the gently caress up :(

Well deserved victory to the scum, I didn't have either beet or splode picked until today. Did beet have a role?

SKY COQ posted:

Wait, I investigated Beet the night I died and got town. Who the gently caress busdrove me?

Godfather

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks for a great game, Gaspy, with lots of fun roles, :D

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I laughed at Milkys deathtext.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

I killed a lot of town players

BOY did you!

I was like haha Jesus christ someone stop Grimlock.

MVP townie is TIRADE after bus driving TWO scum deaths. Bus drove Cumburgs onto Kat and bus drove Splode into killing Small Keating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MotherFUCK

• Locked thread