Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Probably the worst town performance to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Scumdoc posted:

i'd skull gently caress gaspy if he made a bullet proof bus driver

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Did they lynch a single scum? I think 3 were night-killed and the fourth mod-killed.

Not sure there is any point in me signing up anymore; I get night-killed first every time. :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

Did they lynch a single scum? I think 3 were night-killed and the fourth mod-killed.

Not sure there is any point in me signing up anymore; I get night-killed first every time. :(

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I don't get why people were mad at Gwyn, he was right about a bunch of things. :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Vanilla scum town

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

I don't get why people were mad at Gwyn, he was right about a bunch of things. :shrug:

"he's 'bad' (correct)"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lynch Anidav they said, it would be a good idea they said, ignore comments comparing b_t and Splode to BCR they did.

My breasts.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

He was wrong in the early game and not so wrong in the late game. Unfortunately he kept saying some very dumb things so no one trusted him. Being a good townie is not just about being correct.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

My game will be up tommorow at some point.

The flavour is pretty neat. I think a few of you will like i.

It's no transformers though.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tithin posted:

My game will be up tommorow at some point.

The flavour is pretty neat. I think a few of you will like i.

It's no transformers though.

I want in on this, please keep that in mind in case time zone differences leave me late to sign up.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also huge huge HUGE shout out to TOML who was willing to do the votefinder toggles for me while I've been trapped at work. Literally couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you all again for participating, hope it was fun :)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Right ideas. Wrong way to say it, I guess.

Back when I did maths I kept on getting the answer without being able to show my working. I'll find a way around this.

I had a really good time.

I should post another caveat about myself. I'm kind of a slow learner.

I'm just gonna put my earmuffs on before everyone yells "NO poo poo" at once.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Right ideas. Wrong way to say it, I guess.

Back when I did maths I kept on getting the answer without being able to show my working. I'll find a way around this.

I should post another caveat about myself. I'm kind of a slow learner.

I'm just gonna put my earmuffs on before everyone yells "NO poo poo" at once.

When you posted "I'M VANILLA SCUM!" my brain broke a bit. Deaddoc had a theory that you were a jester, which apparently wins if they get lynched.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Yeah, I even said that if I was gonna roleclaim at this point, I would have said Jester. Because that would be believable.
God help us all if I ever am.

I must apologise to you especially , Tirade. I feel you got the worst of it.

Well, that and everyone who died because I came across untrustworthy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

This is literally the only thing that matters.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Weeell kind of.

If I have a good time but everyone else is getting aneurysms then its not worth it just cause we're family. I think it's important that most people enjoy themselves.

But I'm gonna study! See if I can find a way to put my instincts to good use without looking like a crazy hobo no one should listen to.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Weeell kind of.

If I have a good time but everyone else is getting aneurysms then its not worth it just cause we're family. I think it's important that most people enjoy themselves.

But I'm gonna study! See if I can find a way to put my instincts to good use without looking like a crazy hobo no one should listen to.

I meant in general not just you!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Oh right!

Then yeah, naturally.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm sorry about my part in the pm forgery fiasco, I hope you still love me gaspy. I was so upset I thought I had cost us the game after all my hard work.

Tirade mvp. In scum doc we gave hm the mvp because we thought he was the bus driver!

I would also like to apologise to anidav and gwyn. I was mean to both of you but only as a scum move, I harbour no ill will against either of you, and gwyn was scarily accurate towards the end.

Bif, what were you thinking!?

My team were the best, well done all of you.
I had a great time, it was really stressful and exciting and I wouldn't shut up about it around my family.

Thanks for running it gaspy.

And that's enough mafia for me for awhile. How do you maniacs play so many consecutive games!?

Splode fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 21, 2015

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Don't feel like you shouldn't play but maybe next time reread posts before submitting to avoid mistakes that seem deliberately bad. That poo poo in a game about sussing out your opponents is infuriating. The vanilla card flip set off a mexican wave of holy shits.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I was brutally mean to gwyn but only because we needed you to die for us to win. Gwyn, you have a pretty good intuition, you just need to learn some basic concepts of mafia 'moves' and you'll be a great player in no time

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Thanks splode!, you were actually amongst my favourite players and I totally got that it was a scum move and not ill will. You could smell blood in the water and you acted upon it. It's one of the things that I noticed. Just pity I couldn't express that better.

Honestly, I don't think anyone was meaner to me than I deserved. I just wish I could assure you all I won't be a headache next time as well.

I will pour over these notes.

Well, best as I can seeing as the next game is tomorrow.

And I have no intention of missing that poo poo.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I am still extremely pro-Splode don't worry :)

I can see how it was frustrating as you must have not known how best to proceed without my ruling, but I was literally flat out at work and only knew something was up when I looked at my phone to see like 20 messages from Beet. I'm like "oh God no.."

For those interested characters were completely random rolled, I wrote out 20 characters with roles then just worked down them using the player list and a d20. Best thing about this was Anidav swearing his was hand picked when it was just the same bizarre hand of fate that usually dogs him.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Yeah gwyn seriously don't stress out about how you went. You made a few rookie mistakes but the game would have absolutely been less interesting without you.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Given that my only approach was 'tell the truth and hope that people assume against all probability that someone isn't lying in a loving MAFIA game' I think it's very lucky I was vanilla scum.

Also, thundercracker is the best.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

TOWN!

VANILLA!
TOWN!

Christ almighty.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Given that my only approach was 'tell the truth and hope that people assume against all probability that someone isn't lying in a loving MAFIA game' I think it's very lucky I was vanilla scum.

Also, thundercracker is the best.

:staredog:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Oh good. I had such a great time.

I knew the roles were random this time based on my allocation, so it was funny watching people look way too hard into it.

Bruticus was an awesome mechanic, good work on that gaspy. It's perfect because it stops the milky school of scum play where you throw all of your team mates under the bus.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

TOWN!

VANILLA!
TOWN!

Christ almighty.

Hahaha you've got to stop doing this

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Gwyn, it's okay. You can be Vanilla Scum if you want. :)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If I'm ever vanilla scum I will probably just clam up and vote for myself so I don't inevitably ruin the scum teams plans. Which I can really see myself doing.

"Hey splode! SHould we go after mystic again tonight?! I think he was BULLET PROOF the first time!!'

'SPLODE! Did you hear me?! It's cool! We're on the same team, remember!'

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thank you Gaspy for making me a lynchbomb and TOML a gladiator, that just made my whole night!

From a strategy perspective I wish I'd stuck with one of my other votes instead of picking TOML as my top target, but it was so worth it.

Scum did awesome, I was never suss on SK or ODC, only just barely started looking at Splode a little right before I carked it.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Hey everybody, that was ODC's first game. What a natural, eh?

You were a real asset to the team cum burglar

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Town ate itself. A fitting mafia ending.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

And cheers for running this Gaspy, sorry to everyone that I didn't use my power.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Splode posted:

Bruticus was an awesome mechanic, good work on that gaspy. It's perfect because it stops the milky school of scum play where you throw all of your team mates under the bus.

Oh yeah let me explain BRUTICUS for town/observers.

- Scum can perform their normal night actions or merge to form BRUTICUS

- Bruticus gets TWO NIGHT KILLS per night, allocated to his left and right arm.

- Scum can only form BRUTICUS if they all agree to.

- Scum may not use any active roles while part of BRUTICUS but passive ones still work.

- Scum may only form BRUTICUS while ALL FIVE SCUM are still alive.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Splode posted:

Oh good. I had such a great time.

I knew the roles were random this time based on my allocation, so it was funny watching people look way too hard into it.

What was the mechanic? If all scum where alive they could make a second kill?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Oh, there it is. That's awesome, yeah.

What was the scumdoc like when TOML threw down the gauntlet at Bif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I"m actually really impressed with Hidden Movement. Dude nearly had a perfect first game. I kinda winced when I got lynched, 'cause I knew what was coming but man did they do well.

• Locked thread