Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I think it might be Rascyc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm leaning strongly on Rascyc now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fits posted:

I don't have much to add. Has anyone not full claimed?

I'm assuming the nightkills are item fuckery. Maybe the last use of the candles caused them to kill each other or something. If there's still a scum and sk, I was only half joking about the self lynch and hope they kill each other thing
All claims are out as vanilla at this point.

CCKeane posted:

This is the first strong feeling you've had all game. What convinced you about fits

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

All claims are out as vanilla at this point.
This is the first strong feeling you've had all game. What convinced you about fits

Why couldn't instead be convinced it is you?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't know. All I have really going for me is that I pegged Chic early and my casing, at least outside of the TNL fiasco. If you look further back than that, when Somber decided to randomly pressure me for my Chic read, saying I had been erratic near hammer but seemingly missed the entire early day. Diqnol brought up a defense of me that I hadn't even realized had happened:

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno, I could vote Rascyc tomorrow. His play has seemed reserved and conservative this game. His back and forth near deadline with Chic reads like distancing. There's something off about the way he pushes her, it feels like he's being too familiar and conversational with her.

EccoRaven posted:

Chic (11): merk, -merk, merk, Rasc, Asiina, wins, -merk, EP, merk, fiery, Somberbrero, Ninth, fits, TT, Amoeba102
Somberbrero (7): Diqnol, merk, Chic, -merk, TT, -Diqnol, Diqnol, yuming, Meinberg, Opopanax, Byers, -TT
Asiina (0): yuming, Diqnol, Keane, -Keane, -Diqnol, -yuming, Byers, -Byers
Meinberg (0): fiery, Keane, -Keane, Byers, -Byers, -fiery
Tremendous Taste (0): yuming, -yuming
yuming (0): Somberbrero, Diqnol, -Diqnol, -Somberbrero
Diqnol (0): merk, -merk
wins (0): merk, -merk
Amnistar (0): Diqnol, -Diqnol
Epsilon Plus (0): Byers, Asiina, -Asiina, -Byers

True and Real posted:

Looking at that votecount makes your theory even less likely, Somber. Rasc was the first vote and Asiina was the second. A double hard bus?
It's a similar read that I'm using to make for yuming, except she held to her guns and proposed Asiina that whole time while Chic was getting voted. Beyond that all I 'have' really is my analysis of everything, sometimes wrong (TNL, Opop's lavender thing, Somber prior to claiming, and I guess Wins as of late), sometimes right (Chic, Merk, TT, etc).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

I don't know. All I have really going for me is that I pegged Chic early and my casing, at least outside of the TNL fiasco. If you look further back than that, when Somber decided to randomly pressure me for my Chic read, saying I had been erratic near hammer but seemingly missed the entire early day. Diqnol brought up a defense of me that I hadn't even realized had happened:

It's a similar read that I'm using to make for yuming, except she held to her guns and proposed Asiina that whole time while Chic was getting voted. Beyond that all I 'have' really is my analysis of everything, sometimes wrong (TNL, Opop's lavender thing, Somber prior to claiming, and I guess Wins as of late), sometimes right (Chic, Merk, TT, etc).

drat it, I was hoping you'd slip up.

This is some TENSE STUFF.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I could honestly concoct theories why it's anyone at this point, especially if it's really a 2 vs 2 scenario. If we look for an SK, it could very well be yuming for laying a bit low but also scum hunting, it would fit an SK modus operandi. It could be fits for also laying low and not doing much the second half of the game with most of the scum team dead.. It could be you for giving neutral reads most of the game and laying low.

However if we look for a scum, then I subtract yuming for the Asiina/Chic interaction. It still leaves you + fits for laying low this entire time, especially after we clobbered 3 scum on d2/d3/d4.

The wrinkle in that one is that you seem to believe it's 1 scum left and nothing else, so I think you would normally push for a no lynch in that circumstance because then we're in 4 player mylo. If you are convinced it's not yuming and have a toss up between me/fits, then it should be an easy no lynch vote from your perspective I think. From mine, I am not convinced it's a 1v3 scenario. I need to think more about the numbers though and how a scum might approach this.

If I go purely off tone then I am left with fits.

It's a mess, I want to think about it some more. I don't want to become the new GODDAMNIT RASCYC also :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

I could honestly concoct theories why it's anyone at this point, especially if it's really a 2 vs 2 scenario. If we look for an SK, it could very well be yuming for laying a bit low but also scum hunting, it would fit an SK modus operandi. It could be fits for also laying low and not doing much the second half of the game with most of the scum team dead.. It could be you for giving neutral reads most of the game and laying low.

However if we look for a scum, then I subtract yuming for the Asiina/Chic interaction. It still leaves you + fits for laying low this entire time, especially after we clobbered 3 scum on d2/d3/d4.

The wrinkle in that one is that you seem to believe it's 1 scum left and nothing else, so I think you would normally push for a no lynch in that circumstance because then we're in 4 player mylo. If you are convinced it's not yuming and have a toss up between me/fits, then it should be an easy no lynch vote from your perspective I think. From mine, I am not convinced it's a 1v3 scenario. I need to think more about the numbers though and how a scum might approach this.

If I go purely off tone then I am left with fits.

It's a mess, I want to think about it some more. I don't want to become the new GODDAMNIT RASCYC also :(

I'm not pushing for a no vote since there were two kills last night and that could easily be a losing move.

I'm kinda of with you. It could easily be anybody.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rascyc posted:

I don't want to become the new gosh golly molly IT RASCYC also :(

love my word filter

:d: I am instituting a soft deadline for Monday, ~11PM EDT. After that, every post made must include either a vote or an unvote. Note that ##vote no-hang is an acceptable vote.

Good luck!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hey Ras, you around?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
No lynch is only helpful if there's only one scum left, I feel. Which there might well be. There might not be an SK at all, just booby trapped items :shrug:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fits posted:

No lynch is only helpful if there's only one scum left, I feel. Which there might well be. There might not be an SK at all, just booby trapped items :shrug:

Why did your stance change from last night?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

INSPECTOR KEANE IS ON THE CASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqecdQyTFvM

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO YELL MORE

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

CCKeane posted:

Why did your stance change from last night?

The stance of what? SK + scum? :shrug:

There's clearly a lot of item fuckery and cursed items could be a stand in for a sk, under the "people will be dumb enough to kill themselves given the button to push" rule of mafia

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I trend towards thinking there's only scum this game. That's my gut feels and my preference here: try and find a scum and vote them today.

I'm going to look back at post histories now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Tell me more about this!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Tell me more about this!

I largely wanted to provoke a response, but his actions around the night kills today and some of his speculation seems strange and off, so I thought I'd press him and see what his reaction was. I was hoping for a slip.

I'm still up in the air.

At the moment, GUN TO MY HEAD, I'd try to distract and then wrestle the gun out of the hands of my attackers, but for my next option I think I'd still go Rascyc. Merk was on and off him yesterday, and was between, largely, fits, Rascyc, and myself (He was super duper on top of me until the very end of the day).

I've got nothing.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm starting by reading back on f_v and merk the previous game day. In one of fiery's posts, she quoted this--

Rascyc posted:

I can't even begin to parse this post. What does this even mean?

- Chic is actively commenting or asking the weirdest things: "If you think he's scum that's fine"
- Effectively skips day 1 but seems to have a magical unexplained read on Kaschei/Amni was scummy
- Overly cautious posting

##vote Chic
I have a problem with this vote because the second point against Chic speaks from a perspective of someone who knows kaschei is scum well before kaschei-Amoeba flipped.

Having a "magical unexplained" read isn't inherently scummy. But it becomes so when you're accusing someone of ~knowing too much~

I've very unsure at this point, but mostly between Keane and Rascyc. I'm looking for evidence and find this point interesting.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rascyc posted:

I don't really need the discussion thread meta to vote TT. He's been openly anti-town for ~3 game days now but people seem to ignore him or won't compromise.

If you go back and look at Amoeba's post history, he actually sat there and tunneled TT for something like two game days.
Here it is again-- Rasc appears to be using Amoeba tunneling as evidence to vote TT.

This speaks from the perspective of a player who knows bussing is part of the scum team's ~gameplan~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You hadn't posted for 8 hours. You were clearly around, because you did hammer, but you never came into the thread and commented.

I really do think Keane is scum.
And f_v died (by whatever cause) thinking Keane was scum.

I'm trying to weigh the scales between these two... hmm...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

...or is it higher? #gambit
hehe merk's posts are amusing me :sun:

merk posted:

There is about a thirty-forty second pause between when Keane makes that first message and the WAIT message. It pinged me in different ways over the last couple of hours, and I thought I'd share it with the thread.

This was two hours ago.
merk also died suspicious of Keane.

I can't claim I know what happened with the kill last night. But my working theory is that scum have killing items, and saved a juicy one for lategame.

If scum made the previous kill, it makes sense Keane did it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Even though I haven't always been present, I want to say I've had a lot of fun playing this game.

It makes me hopeful that our community will continue to produce fun times yay~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

hehe merk's posts are amusing me :sun:

merk also died suspicious of Keane.

I can't claim I know what happened with the kill last night. But my working theory is that scum have killing items, and saved a juicy one for lategame.

If scum made the previous kill, it makes sense Keane did it.

Pretty much all I can say on merk is that we spoke quite a bit and he spent the last couple of hours of the last day talking to me before deciding that I wasn't scum.

I know that's not much to give in terms of defense, but I don't think merk's read on me would end up worse because we were able to have a one on one chat.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea, that makes a difference.

What are your thoughts on last nights kill?

If we're looking at a SK here I feel like it is a shot in the dark. I'd be fine losing to a SK here.

But I don't feel this scum team deserves a win and want to do my best to find them if they're still around.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Yea, that makes a difference.

What are your thoughts on last nights kill?

If we're looking at a SK here I feel like it is a shot in the dark. I'd be fine losing to a SK here.

But I don't feel this scum team deserves a win and want to do my best to find them if they're still around.

I really doubt there is an SK. We simply haven't had enough kills throughout the game for that to make sense.

F_V and merk both had powers, F_V as a thief and merk claimed he had some tracking powers, although toward the end that was failing more and more. Especially since Opop and his cop ate it earlier, it could be more of a culling of PRs then opinion based.

Although on that note, F_V and merk were both pretty drat townie, so there's that too. They'd make sense for any of us to kill, for the most part.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think I'm ready to go all in on Rascyc.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
What do you think about the points I made on Rasc?

I can't decide if I've actually found something or if I'm just excited about my latest theory.

Reading fits v. Keane v. Rasc now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think they're particularly strong. I'm voting Rascyc more on gut than anything else at this point. *fires pistols into the air*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I want to talk about Rascyc and his items.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Because he made a PGO claim earlier which I find interesting.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't have time to read posts in true context.

Still, looking at Rasc during TT's lynch he seems to be offering support but hoping it doesn't go through, which is scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rascyc posted:

I think they just wanted to bus TT that day. I also think Keane juked you with the candles/masonry.

I know you can make a similar case like this with yuming and fits, but I think Keane is actively content lurking with his reads and not contributing as opposed to someone like yuming's lurking. Fits is up there too but he still hasn't answered my question on how he reached his conclusions about Opop/etc from yesterday's game day and I want to hear about that.

What are you thinking with fits exactly? You mentioned it was a pit stop before but didn't elaborate.
I don't care for the perspective here either.

Scum were bussing TT-- well-- Amoeba was. But I wouldn't say anyone else was tilting that way. I had forgotten he was still alive :sparkles:

I think Rasc's awareness here is scummy somehow. Again he speaks from a perspective of what the scum are doing.

Hmm.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

I'm starting by reading back on f_v and merk the previous game day. In one of fiery's posts, she quoted this--

I have a problem with this vote because the second point against Chic speaks from a perspective of someone who knows kaschei is scum well before kaschei-Amoeba flipped.

Having a "magical unexplained" read isn't inherently scummy. But it becomes so when you're accusing someone of ~knowing too much~

I've very unsure at this point, but mostly between Keane and Rascyc. I'm looking for evidence and find this point interesting.
Chic had skipped the entirety of d1 iirc and came into d2 with an unexplained read out of no where, on a person that had equally skipped the majority of d1 but had some amount of pressure from Diqnol. It was worth placing a spotlight on Chic at the time, yeah.

By itself I might not call it scummy but if you look at the context during that post Chic was dancing around not posting any committed reads on people who had content. To cautious read those people but have a read on someone who skipped d1 didn't line up.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

Here it is again-- Rasc appears to be using Amoeba tunneling as evidence to vote TT.

This speaks from the perspective of a player who knows bussing is part of the scum team's ~gameplan~
It was a factual statement, read through Amoeba's post history. I remember we even called it out because the day we wanted to lynch TNL initially, Amoeba was part of the deadlock by raising a ruckus over TT without a case, whereas f_v was casing Meinberg and pushed a case.

I don't know what part of a scum team decides their gameplan is to bus the entire scum team from start to finish, especially with replacements. It wasn't even a singular bus IIRC, weren't they bussing each other? I honestly lost track at this point. I do remember Amoeba straight up absconded, so I don't think bussing was really part of their "gameplan" but that's a speculative guess. TT openly started trolling towards the end so .... yeah. I don't know.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

Still, looking at Rasc during TT's lynch he seems to be offering support but hoping it doesn't go through, which is scummy.
How did I hope it didn't go through? I had a history of saying TT was scum since his PR claim. There's even a post where I straight up say I think both TNL and TT are scum, using independent cases. TT's initial claim was incredible, a conclusion that only one person apparently shared at the time.

merk posted:

Can we all step back and see how ridiculous or scummy Tt's plan of taking all the items is when he can only identify one item per night?

I'll go back and re-read what exactly I posted when TT was getting lynched but I was in full support of that one for like 3 game days. It was very difficult to get much of anything done with Merk starting every day off with a gambit.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

I don't think they're particularly strong. I'm voting Rascyc more on gut than anything else at this point. *fires pistols into the air*
You always seem to want to go in on whoever is getting pressure the latest.

CCKeane posted:

Because he made a PGO claim earlier which I find interesting.
Yeah I had that one night, I never used it again once I got the flavor I did. I am not even sure if it is PGO to be quite honest based on the flavor.

I haven't used any items since given that I've gotten all of them off either voting scum inventors off or grabbing them off scum after their lynch. The PGO one was enough to scare me from using them ever again.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmmm.

Just finished reading Rascyc. I'm p stumped here.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

Ahaha, I totally forgot about that one. Oh the context of that one was incredible. Diqnol had an item he believed to be the doctor item and he gave it to TT for ID. TT straight up ignored the ring for 2 game days and did other stuff.

True and Real posted:

Did you not read the god drat game?

True and Real posted:

I wasn't upset with you until I realized you just didn't even realize you should have done it.

:aaa:

yuming posted:

I don't care for the perspective here either.

Scum were bussing TT-- well-- Amoeba was. But I wouldn't say anyone else was tilting that way. I had forgotten he was still alive :sparkles:

I think Rasc's awareness here is scummy somehow. Again he speaks from a perspective of what the scum are doing.

Hmm.
This one is a good read, I didn't even notice it could be interpreted that way. It's not true though but I don't have a defense for it. I remember my thought process at the time was trying to persuade Merk to look at Keane, especially from within the masonry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fits posted:

I feel marginally better about lynching chic than somb. did either of them claim anything?
The only way fits makes sense as scum is if he replaced in and in the scum doc everyone was like "hey! I know let's just ruthlessly bus each other for the rest of the game even though this game is huge and we are losing but this is a great idea lets do it!" I don't see fits wanting to burn his team the way his play would suggest were he a member of the scum team. fits is the player I want to vote the least at this point.

• Locked thread