Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes, even more so

Pretend I'm a drooling idiot (this shouldn't be hard) and pretty please explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
What is a vampire bard anyway? I looked in the mafia wiki and found nothing under either word or the fire and ice game type.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Pretend I'm a drooling idiot (this shouldn't be hard) and pretty please explain

I already won this game you just dont know it yet.

All Im saying is that Opop is LEGIT.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

He hadnt posted the flip yet, so I jumped the gun in voting for ecco, because byers was town doc.
Yeah, I picked up on that. It just seemed kinda scummy that you posted to vote ecco immediately before he was nightkilled (as it screams "well I MUST be town considering I did not know eccoraven would die!"). BUT I don't know what a vampire bard is and I am foggy on prior discourse between your self and ecco and in general so I'm reading it over at the moment.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Good Sir posted:

Yeah, I picked up on that. It just seemed kinda scummy that you posted to vote ecco immediately before he was nightkilled (as it screams "well I MUST be town considering I did not know eccoraven would die!"). BUT I don't know what a vampire bard is and I am foggy on prior discourse between your self and ecco and in general so I'm reading it over at the moment.

Yeah good idea. Go get em kiddo!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jeez I told you guys Ecco was scum. Now let's get rid of his scum buddies.

##vote sandwolf

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

I already won this game you just dont know it yet.

All Im saying is that Opop is LEGIT.

Oh well in that case

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote sandwolf

##vote Narcotics

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah good idea. Go get em kiddo!
Ok, I seeeeeeee, sheeesh.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Good Sir posted:

I had a massive post explaining why Ecco had to be scum ready for the second the thread opened up, if I'd been around I would have done the same thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

##vote sandwolf

I find it hard to believe Sandwolf is Ecco's scumbro because that would be the worst disguised scumteam I've ever seen.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, after going through all these posts again, I understand. I would love to now feel safe chilling with CapitalistPig, but considering there are two mafia teams, one will always be trying to take down the other to gain trust of the town before then killing town.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

I find it hard to believe Sandwolf is Ecco's scumbro because that would be the worst disguised scumteam I've ever seen.

Too scummy to be scum is rarely a good argument.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Good Sir posted:

I would love to now feel safe chilling with CapitalistPig

Yes my son, feel safe in my warm embrace.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Too scummy to be scum is rarely a good argument.

Sandwolf agrees!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Rarity

I agree with Ecco. At first I though, too dumb to be scum, then I remembered that's not a thing. Feels like it came from a place of forced confusion.

I also think Ecco and Chili are both fairly town (Hi Chili!)

He also agreed with everything EccoRaven said, and immediately jumped to vote on anybody who threatened Ecco.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
0 for 2. I wanted to believe in you Ecco :sigh:

##vote sandwolf

This seems like a far cry from the clueless newbie act you were putting on a couple days ago. Also, a poorly supported chain lynch? Really?

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

I'm much less certain about this than I was yesterday, but it's a good starting point for today.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Gabriel Pope posted:

This seems like a far cry from the clueless newbie act you were putting on a couple days ago. Also, a poorly supported chain lynch? Really?

I'm much less certain about this than I was yesterday, but it's a good starting point for today.

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure Gabe is also scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pope, what do you think of Sandwolf in light of Ecco's flip?

Sandwolf, what do you think of Pope in light of Ecco's flip?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Meinberg posted:

We're probably looking at vampires vs. those guys who hunt vampires as the scum teams. Alternatively werewolves.

While both vampires and werewolves act independently in the base-game, the Dawnguard DLC introduces a faction of vampire hunters called the Dawnguard, and their antagonist faction: the vampires of Castle Volkihar. Additionally, many of the Companions - a band of hearty fighters and mead-drinkers - are also werewolves.

Good Sir posted:

What is a vampire bard anyway? I looked in the mafia wiki and found nothing under either word or the fire and ice game type.

A bard is a member of the Bard's College, a school for bards and minstrels to hone their craft. A vampire is a person infected with Sanguinare Vampiris, a disease made by the daedric prince Molag Bal, whose realm is domination and subjugation of mortals.

Whether any of this is relevant to this game is an exercise for the reader.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure Gabe is also scum.

You are incorrect, but I can see why someone would believe this at this point.

Rarity posted:

Pope, what do you think of Sandwolf in light of Ecco's flip?

Moderately suspicious :shrug: He was wrong about Ecco and wrong about Byers, but so was I, and I maintain that those were decent assumptions based on what we were working with. His posts are generally sensible, but he's not a high content poster, and seems to mostly appear when he has a chance jump on safe and popular cases. Glancing through his post history the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is this post:

Sandwolf posted:

If Byers flips scum I'm gonna take a good hard look at Chic.

Even though I still think Byers's case and behavior was scummy as hell, I don't think Chic's concurring vote is much of a red flag. At the time of this post Byers's case was dead in the water and there was mounting pressure on Byers. If we were to assume that Byers and Chic were scumbuddies, as Sandwolf is insinuating, Chic adding his vote to Byers's single vote on Ecco would have been terrible play--they'd have to have known that Chic would be tying himself to a sinking ship and that their two combined votes would not have added up to enough momentum to get Ecco lynched. Ergo, I don't think there's much reason at the time to have assumed Chic was Byers's scumbuddy... but it's a plausible sounding case for a scum player to set up to establish a chain lynch, if they'd thought they'd found the other scumteam.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gabriel Pope posted:

but it's a plausible sounding case for a scum player to set up to establish a chain lynch, if they'd thought they'd found the other scumteam.

Why do you say that bit about it being the other scumteam and not mention the just as likely scenario of scum setting up a chain lynch towards a town player? I see your point but that's a really strange thing to specify.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Why do you say that bit about it being the other scumteam and not mention the just as likely scenario of scum setting up a chain lynch towards a town player? I see your point but that's a really strange thing to specify.

That was referring to Byers, not Chic. Setting up a chain on Chic would be beneficial regardless of his alignment but it would rely on Byers being scum, if Byers flipped town there's no chaining that to his "scumbuddies"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
haha you guys are silly.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I wasn't vocal about it but I feel p vindicated after yesterday. Gonna take a hard look at the ecco supporters yesterday, at least one of them is probably one of their scumbuds

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'll answer this for real now. First of all, I am definitely a newbie as this is my first game aside of Drawf3ia which died in day 2. However, I'm a quick learner and I read people really well.

Secondly, I'm not sure how voting Sandwolf is a "poorly supported chain lynch" when he made all of these posts.

In reference to Squid voting for Ecco:

Sandwolf posted:

This is a bad vote.

In response to Cpig telling him to vote Ecco:

Sandwolf posted:

I don't think Ecco's scum, I literally don't see a single argument for it.

Arguing to eliminate someone basically confirmed Town (which proved to be true)

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't mean this, I just meant you can't trust the scum team to do a pro-townie thing for us. Hanging dudes is the only weapon we have, unless someone of unimportant alignment wants to SHOOT BYERS.

I thought Sandwolf was a scumbuddy of Ecco since yesterday so this definitely isn't just me jumping on a bandwagon.

You can vote for me if you want, Gabe, but there's absolutely no reason to do so. And you'll be 0 for 3 when I flip town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also, Gabe, yesterday you seemed to think that me and Byers were "scum buddies" - why would you still think I'm scum after he flipped town? By the way, I've never spoken to Byers in my life aside of publicly in this thread.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
AnonymousNarcotics is the devil.

plz vote.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
CPig I thought we were buddies! Yesterday you were smart and knew that Ecco was scum. Let's take the rest of them out!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CPig I thought we were buddies! Yesterday you were smart and knew that Ecco was scum. Let's take the rest of them out!

I know your game, I have ~details~

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The details will become even more mystifying when you make it to the end of the game and are revealed to have been VT all along.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

I know your game, I have ~details~

Riiiight. Tell me more about how I'm VT.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Epsilon Plus posted:

The details will become even more mystifying when you make it to the end of the game and are revealed to have been VT all along.

I sure hope I so.

You should do that.

I like this whole "Pig makes it to the endgame" business

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Riiiight. Tell me more about how I'm VT.

uh huh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I buy it for now. ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its crazy how easy it is to make people think you are an investigative role.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

By the way, I've never spoken to Byers in my life aside of publicly in this thread.

That's... oddly specific, but whatev.

Byers's flip took a good bit out of my suspicion, which is why I said I'm not as confident about this vote today as I was yesterday. But no, Byers flipping town does not clear you, since scum players are perfectly capable of trying to cozy up to town players. I thought you were a bit scummy before I spotted the possible connection to Byers and your flip-flopping on Byers is suspicious regardless of Byers's alignment. I'm not saying we should drop everything and lynch you, but since my best lead turned out to be a dead end you're the best case I have at the moment. When I get a chance I'll be looking at some of the other lurking/semi-lurking players to see if anything stands out to me more.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Gabriel Pope posted:

Moderately suspicious :shrug: He was wrong about Ecco and wrong about Byers, but so was I, and I maintain that those were decent assumptions based on what we were working with. His posts are generally sensible, but he's not a high content poster, and seems to mostly appear when he has a chance jump on safe and popular cases. Glancing through his post history the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is this post:

Sandwolf spends all of Day 2 in perfect agreement with Ecco, not arguing anything other than WE NEED TO HAMMER BYERS NOW! HE'S SCUM KILL HIM KILL HIM except for a couple of snipes at AnonymousNarcotics when he says "You and Ecco are scum." AN-NARC IS CLEARLY SCUM WE NEED TO TURBO HIM AFTER WE TURBO BYERS WHO IS 100% SCUM NO OTHER POSSIBILITY KILL HIM KILL HIM NOW, THERE IS ZERO CHANCE THAT SCUM WOULD TARGET THE CLAIMED TOWN DOCTOR WE HAVE TO KILL HIM IMMEDIATELY. He kept vocally agreeing with Ecco even though Ecco's only real argument was "I'm going to be incredibly obnoxious until Byers dies."

The fact that you're still only "moderately suspicious" of him is shady as hell.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Gabriel Pope posted:

That's... oddly specific, but whatev.

The only reason I mentioned it is because yesterday Ecco was insinuating that byers and I were colluding in some way, which is now obviously untrue.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I like this game, it makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

Its crazy how easy it is to make people think you are an investigative role.

Haha CPig I love you. I need to play more games with you because you are highly entertaining.

• Locked thread