Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

There's a logjam at the escalators between levels 3 and 1. They stopped and nobody has a key to restart them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Keep in mind this is Florida

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Took the stairs between level 1 and the ground. There are 2 lanes of stairs which descend to the ground which funnel into...wait for it...a 1 lane gate. :psyduck:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The important thing to note here is that Kyle Busch hitting that plain cement infield wall at speed was "unforseeable".

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

shadow puppet of a posted:

The important thing to note here is that Kyle Busch hitting that plain cement infield wall at speed was "unforseeable".
Right up until it happened

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2015: The Dillons Send Their Regards

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

Took the stairs between level 1 and the ground. There are 2 lanes of stairs which descend to the ground which funnel into...wait for it...a 1 lane gate. :psyduck:

Man that $400 million upgrading of Daytona is sure doing it's thing. 5 million at most for inside walls to get SAFER barriers is too much and things breaking down and bottlenecking would've cost too much more.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

anotherblownsave posted:

Smokey: hey guys I invented the fuel cell
NASCAR: tough it's illegal
Smokey: you guys are dumbshits

*Fireball's Fireball*

Smokey: can we use the fuel cell now, assholes?
NASCAR:....nah

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Nascar has always been way ahead of the safety curve. Just look at their incident free pas-
Welp.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The Busch Dynasty is gone - The Dillon Dynasty is our new overlords now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

anotherblownsave posted:

Nascar has always been way ahead of the safety curve. Just look at their incident free pas-
Welp.

Eh, we'd been serious injury-free for a while before Denny got hurt. Both recent injuries I can think of have been to JGR drivers, strangely enough.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Eh, we'd been serious injury-free for a while before Denny got hurt. Both recent injuries I can think of have been to JGR drivers, strangely enough.

Highest probability with all the races they run between the two or three series

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Confirmed Kyle isn't racing.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

anotherblownsave posted:

...twenty years ago when Mark Martin went through a couple guardrails and almost landed in the infield campground at the exact same spot at Talladega. So yep, totally unforeseeable, if you're NASCAR/ISC.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

SO, this seems morbid given the circumstances, but the cards are posted:

http://imgur.com/a/cyUiF

Here's hoping to Kyle's speedy recovery, and to an injury-free race tomorrow.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
wrong thread

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Kurt_Busch

:drat:

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I was at work so I missed the race, but that Kyle hit was evil. He's lucky he only has a broken leg. Just sick. Thanks for prioritizing driver safety, NASCAR!

I can't find anything about Mike Wallace. What did he do?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Checking in, hoping for a good NASCAR season. What happened to Kyle?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Heathen posted:

I was at work so I missed the race, but that Kyle hit was evil. He's lucky he only has a broken leg. Just sick. Thanks for prioritizing driver safety, NASCAR!

I can't find anything about Mike Wallace. What did he do?

Apparently his radio failed and Nascar still had the yellow lights on during a red flag and he ran right into Austin Dillon

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hit an un-SAFERed wall, looks like a broken leg.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12360699

He ate the wall head-on at 100 mph.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

anotherblownsave posted:

Apparently his radio failed and Nascar still had the yellow lights on during a red flag and he ran right into Austin Dillon

That was more ARCA-as-gently caress than anything that happened in the actual ARCA race (though the yellow for the flagman dropping the move-over flag onto the track was a pretty close second).

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I only check in with NASCAR infrequently now, but is there any other sport that has the same aptitude for hitting every single negative PR result possible? WWE maybe?

It's as if there's something new to anger fans every week when the season is on, and almost every time it's related to the actual competition itself rather than outside shenanigans which can be waved off and ignored. (Kurt Busch and his assassin wife excluded).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

^^^ E- NASCAR and ISC can do no wrong in their minds. Acceptance of this fact on their parts would be a good step. ^^^

The floors on all concourses are smooth concrete.

It typically rains on race days on 400 weekend.

I'll let you figure out why this is a problem.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 22, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

So is the point of these qualifications to mangle all the cars and drivers before the race?

If so great job NASCAR!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

This was a different division, with (theoretically) no bearing on the 500 or the Sprint Cup series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt Crafton to the 18 says Jamie Little.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
oh man, so the sprint race is going to be just as amazing with all these last minute drivers to replace the regulars? Oh, and the teams on their 2nd or 3rd car too because of the duels and qualifying.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nascar feels like the sort of company where you'd find the highest concentration of nephews tasked well beyond their capability. Its a sport that celebrates broom pusher-to-crew chief traditions but also can never include a 'no family' clause in his HR handbook. The resulting influx of Peter principle'd nephews and grand nephews at all levels would readily explain how Nascar can manage to so often and so repeatedly make the most obvious wrong choice and solider on in the face of the most glaring oversights.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Chitwood just said they're going to work overnight to pad that wall for tomorrow's race and then after Sunday they're going to SAFER barrier everything at Daytona.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Heathen posted:

Chitwood just said they're going to work overnight to pad that wall for tomorrow's race and then after Sunday they're going to SAFER barrier everything at Daytona.

Nascar is really good at fixing the problem after someone gets hurt or worse. No doubt they've made great safety strides though. If that crash happened a couple decades ago we might not be talking about a leg injury.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

Nascar is really good at fixing the problem after someone gets hurt or worse. No doubt they've made great safety strides though. If that crash happened a couple decades ago we might not be talking about a leg injury.

Couple decades? I'd say decade and a half and that would be a basilar skull fracture on top of the leg injury.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Heathen posted:

is 'dega safer-ed all around or is that being left alone till gordon finds another spot that actually injures him this time?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

anotherblownsave posted:

Nascar is really good at fixing the problem after someone gets hurt or worse.
Nascar is really good at fixing the problem after someone gets hurt and then telling everyone how pro-active they are on safety innovations. The are downright pathological about it, and it is part of the reason people get hurt because they are so defensive about saftey.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Wow, the Busch crash makes up five of the top ten trending topics on Twitter, including the first four.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

The Busch crash reminded me of this crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXjGcTXjuQ

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
""SAFER barrier should have been there tonight," Chitwood says. Says he "doesn't have a good answer" why it was not."
""We can't look at financials as a reason for this. We have to fix this right now," Chitwood said."
""Come Monday, we'll start the plan to put SAFER barrier everywhere and finances can't come into play," Chitwood said."
"Track will place tire packs along the 850-foot section of wall before tomorrow's Daytona 500."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

keevo posted:

we'll start the plan to put SAFER barrier everywhere*

*at, and only at, Daytona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Seems like rumors of Crafton jumping in are getting stronger with Gluck and others reporting that.

• Locked thread