Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Pretty psyched for this. Alundaio is one of those people who does amazing things with stalker.

Where are you guys getting this info that there is an open-beta tomorrow? There isn't one. I should know, I'm part of the team.

Alundaio and Bangalore are both taking a break from CoC at the moment. If there is an open-beta it's a leak.

To answer you in terms of Alundaio though, he's done some amazing things in CoC, a lot of which hasn't been shown in any videos so far (AI-related) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Whelp.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Gestalt Intellect posted:

In honor of misery I want someone to make an epic quest to get all the jars of teeth and Mein Kampfs in the zone.

This sounds like something SGM would do. Someone try to get a Misery-SGM collaboration, STAT!

Swartz posted:

Where are you guys getting this info that there is an open-beta tomorrow? There isn't one. I should know, I'm part of the team.

Cripes, I hope it doesn't get leaked. Especially after what happened to Lost Alpha.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Swartz posted:

Just thought I'd post a cool new thing Bangalore did that does the following:
1) Greatly reduces microstutter in the game
2) Decreases lag caused by lua files
3) Increased memory ceiling before a crash

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15brgil3s1z47rs/lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll

It works with CS and COP. Make sure you back up your original lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll.

Cantaloupe posted:

Can somebody post a copy of this, the link in the OP is set to private.

quotin for new page

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
New post so people see it:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ

This is the new location of the optimized .dll.

You'll want to download the EXPERIMENTAL_latest .rar, back up shiny.dll and JIT.1.1.4.dll, and and copy the optimized .dlls from the resources folder.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha addon now in beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vz2psi2c2yo1ec/Tourist's_Delight_(LA).7z

Try and break it. There's a ton of stuff in there and it's probably very creakily held together, but I've managed to get most of the way through without it breaking.

Some of the changes:

quote:

* Built on back of the SLAM/Serious Fix pack. Most changes present in that will be present here, unless I implemented a better solution.
* Added customization pack. Not 100% perfect, as there's a few NPCs that haven't really been changed (I suspect these are specific unique NPCs I haven't found in the character_desc files), but for the most part you will see much more varied stalkers.
* General changes to dialog to make meaning more clear
* Implemented weapon explosions from OGSE
* Added in artifact detectors from Autumn Aurora 2 (not perfect at the moment, later detectors don't really display map spots as I believe they should, they just detect more and have a greater radius)
* Implemented autodoctor functions from OGSE.
* Implemented biodetector from OGSE. Added in firmware functionality from OGSE 0.6.9.3
* Implemented horror time from OGSE. Now called psychic sickness, affects stalker performance slightly (they will not sing, play music and will be slightly more reckless in combat)
* Implemented mines and mine detectors from OGSE.
* Added in more food items. Adds a tiny bit more variety, don't expect anything on par with Misery.
* Changed gasmasks and gasmask functionality. Gasmasks are now 'belt' items and will protect you as long as they're on your belt. Certain suits also have integrated gas masks that will allow you to breathe in areas filled with gas. For obvious reasons you can't wear a belt gasmask with a suit that has an integrated mask.
* Revamped trade system. May not be perfect, looking for feedback!
* Replaced flashlight slot with binocular slot in inventory. You don't really get new torches, but you do get new binoculars, so this is a useful change!
* Added in dynamic vision script from OGSE. May possibly break the already fragile AI, if anyone encounters problems please let me know.
* Modified a few stashes to contain new items.
* Stashes now populated from game start. Finding the info will still give you the location, but if you stumble across a stash organically it will probably be full.
* Changed gear in the drawer when you start the game. You will now get a very basic loadout, but you can opt for an 'easier' loadout that will give you slightly better items if you choose the option.
* Certain weapons now have a hacked in 'digital nightvision'. Both the Army binoculars and the OICW will give a modified night vision effect if you use their scopes at night time. Can be changed to always be on.
* Changed condition for Sin being pissed off at you. You now need a very, very low reputation with them as opposed to just killing specific groups. Cat hair moustache moments are not good!
* Added in alternative method of meeting Sin. They have sympathy for kindred spirits who have been touched by the Zone.
* Added more music to Bar.
* Minor changes during emissions. Will be expanded upon later, but the framework is in place for most things.
* Added in usable flares. Slightly related to the previous point.
* Tweaked weapon parameters to make each weapon slightly more unique.
* Added in car radio. Should be explained on getting into your first car.
* Actor can now be zombified. Sakharov can help you if you become zombified.
* Added in artifact activation
* General overhaul to mutant sounds. They should now be more distinct. No more mistaking that flesh for a dog.
* A few new dialogs added to PDA conversations with stalkers. Should while away the boring moments when you're stuck on top of a car waiting for the dogs to get bored of you.
* Added in player-created stashes and GPS beacons.
* New outfits (OGSE) and weapons (SLAM). Outfits can now be looted from dead stalkers.
* Playable guitars/harmonicas
* Added in dynamic huds. Needs slight tweak.
* Experimental: enabled a few disabled features already present in Lost Alpha.
* General change to anomaly names in encyclopaedias and dialog as a tribute to Roadside Picnic.

I've noticed a few Russian mods have been using some features from OGSE 0.6.9.3's public beta and the developers are cool with it so I don't feel quite as dickish using some of it in this.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
If there was one thing I wish existed that I've never seen in STALKER mods, it would be an overhaul to make the game more like Roadside Picnic. I think the reason nobody has done it is that it would take a crazy amount of work. I really liked the idea of aliens and alien litter causing the whole situation instead of a nuclear reactor meltdown. With the current games design, I don't know if they could make that work in as interesting of a way as it did in the book though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Right now I'm porting OGSE's BTR over to Lost Alpha.

Right now there's two BTRs, the standard BTR70 and the BTR90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTS8cflgLVA

The BTR 90 is the more advanced of the two models and features such neat things as automatic target tracking, manual fire mode, night vision, surge protection and a few other neat things.

Right now I'm sort of debating how to introduce it. I'm thinking of a little mini-quest to be able to use it to its full potential, because it's a bit of a beast.

I originally wanted it to be the Duty BTR with custom paintwork but I suck at texturing and it won't really fit in with Duty in Lost Alpha.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ddraig posted:

Lost Alpha addon now in beta:

Awesome, been waiting for this before I restarted my LA playthrough. Can't thank you enough for all the work.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've already caught a few minor bugs. Mainly missing icons. I'll put out a hotfix when I get home.

I'm sorry your Chicago typewriter is currently invisible :(

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Re: possible Call of Chernobyl beta, it was written in the comments within 10 hours of me checking the mod page on ModDb that it was going open beta today, assumed/wishfully thought it was posted by a developer.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Robot Randy posted:

You'll want to download the EXPERIMENTAL_latest .rar, back up shiny.dll and JIT.1.1.4.dll, and and copy the optimized .dlls from the resources folder.

Thanks!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
First hotfix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/omc6h97qrwb37db/Hotfix.7z

quote:

Version 1.0.1:

* Fixed missing icons for Thompson.
* Reverted BTR to default. If you happened to have the new, slightly sexed-up version then enjoy it, it won't revert. New spawns will.
* Added stubs for 'Rolling Thunder' quest. Avid file viewers can get a sneak preview of BIG PLANS.
* Updated some old NPCs to use new models/icons.

KNOWN ISSUES (Please do not report these, I'm aware and I'm working on fixing them:

* New artefact detectors will only detect vanilla artefacts. On the plus side, you will never see another Blue/Green Parasite (for the moment). Downside is that if you drop a transmute it will become invisible and won't be able to be picked up. Sorry! Will be going through new transmuted artifacts and adding them to various detectors.

Changed a few textures and hopefully fixed the textures ltx (this is what I hate most about SoC/LA). Game should look slightly better without weird bump maps on faces.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Arsenal Overhaul is p cool, been having a lot of fun so far. Is there any way to harvest parts from mutants?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Robot Randy posted:

Arsenal Overhaul is p cool, been having a lot of fun so far. Is there any way to harvest parts from mutants?

I haven't played the latest update yet (it just came out yesterday/today or something) but the readme says you can harvest mutant parts. In other mods, this amounts to just walking up to the mutant and pressing the loot button (default F) like you would with a stalker's corpse. Then enjoy the flesh eyeballs and dog tails.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I haven't played the latest update yet (it just came out yesterday/today or something) but the readme says you can harvest mutant parts. In other mods, this amounts to just walking up to the mutant and pressing the loot button (default F) like you would with a stalker's corpse. Then enjoy the flesh eyeballs and dog tails.

I've been trying that but whenever I'm standing on top of one I don't get a prompt and nothing happens when I hit F.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Robot Randy posted:

Thanks.

I assume that these don't affect anything game/mod-specific and are ok to use no matter what else you have going?

e: Also the 2.5 AO beta crashes every time I try to go to Yanov. Even if it's the first thing I do in the game. Yay betas I guess.

VDay fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 22, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ddraig posted:

First hotfix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/omc6h97qrwb37db/Hotfix.7z

Changed a few textures and hopefully fixed the textures ltx (this is what I hate most about SoC/LA). Game should look slightly better without weird bump maps on faces.

Hey, so, I'm peeking into this thread after not having kept up with it, is this a mod that I install on top of Lost Alpha?

e: Well, this post specifically is a hotfix for that file, I know, but I mean the larger file linked earlier on the page

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The travel bug fixed itself magically in my game, but AO 2.5 definitely seems a bit buggy. I've had some weird things happen with AI and out-of-nowhere spawns. My favorite was when I came back to the ship in the starting area and there were literally a dozen zombies slowly conga-lining out of the door. Killed them, walked inside, and there were like 4 more zombies and a couple of mutants just lying around.

Looks pretty fun otherwise though, can't wait for them to iron it out.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

hopterque posted:

Hey, so, I'm peeking into this thread after not having kept up with it, is this a mod that I install on top of Lost Alpha?

e: Well, this post specifically is a hotfix for that file, I know, but I mean the larger file linked earlier on the page

Install the larger mod (the main addon) then install that one ontop of it. Should replace a few files, this is fine.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ddraig posted:

Install the larger mod (the main addon) then install that one ontop of it. Should replace a few files, this is fine.

Awesome, I was thinking of giving LA another poke so I'm happy to see you working on cool things for it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha has all the main files, including the patch files in .db files so it's a cinch to install new mods. Just delete the gamedata folder if there is one and place the new one where it should be.

e: I'm making another minor patch. Basically to fix icons and put in new icons for upgraded armor. I'll also be slightly re-working the nightvision to allow certain weapons to use it as an 'upgrade section'

Right now the OICW should have it built in by default but it doesn't work and the readme is a bit out of date (the nightvision works like regular nightvision, press the nightvision key and if the weapon has it, it will switch on)

Also have to actually add in the army binoculars as it's currently not possible to get them. The problem is they're such a huge upgrade in terms of binoculars that once you get them there's literally no reason to use anything else, so if you get them early on it kind of makes the others redundant.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 22, 2015

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
(Posting here since it gets more traffic)

My dumb idiot clan for idiots in Survarium is all paid off; Clowns of Survarium. Only requirement is you use decals to look ridiculous. As I refuse to actually invest any kind of serious nature into a game, it's mainly here just to connect people to have fun. If you want in just friend me in the game, name is theGASMASK. Need 3 more people to get it official, but there's no hard limit.

Edit for actual STALKER stuff:
I was trying to get CS working again, and no matter what it crashes when changing video settings or trying to start a new game. Deleted user.ltx, tried admin and compatibility modes, did it vanilla and with CS complete. I'm kinda at a loss. I'm not dying to play it since Survarium is currently satisfying my STALKER itch, and I lost the huge CoP mod I'd been working on in a HD crash... but it would be fun to give that a spin again.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 23, 2015

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Hey there Mr. Gasmask, just friended you. Name KalashnikovLindeman

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ho hum. Turns out OGSE 0.6.9.3's BTR is being harder to port over than I imagined. I suspect the error is trying to tie together two different car binders. I've got it mostly setup, but it breaks very easily. Not game-worthy yet.

I'll be including it in the next patch regardless, but it will be locked behind the spawn console. You can play around with it, but expect it to crash and possibly break your game.

The BTR-70 works fine, even if it's not as cool.

As for the Clear Sky crash, it could be that Windows update that breaks certain DirectX functions for games like Clear Sky.As a last resort, check to see if you've got Windows Update KB 2670838 installed and try uninstalling it. It is a known problem, and it may be the issue here.

e: Judging from the thread here there may also be an issue with MSI Afterburner

http://steamcommunity.com/app/20510/discussions/0/828935361157678917

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 23, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

The Gasmask posted:

(Posting here since it gets more traffic)

My dumb idiot clan for idiots in Survarium is all paid off; Clowns of Survarium. Only requirement is you use decals to look ridiculous. As I refuse to actually invest any kind of serious nature into a game, it's mainly here just to connect people to have fun. If you want in just friend me in the game, name is theGASMASK. Need 3 more people to get it official, but there's no hard limit.

Edit for actual STALKER stuff:
I was trying to get CS working again, and no matter what it crashes when changing video settings or trying to start a new game. Deleted user.ltx, tried admin and compatibility modes, did it vanilla and with CS complete. I'm kinda at a loss. I'm not dying to play it since Survarium is currently satisfying my STALKER itch, and I lost the huge CoP mod I'd been working on in a HD crash... but it would be fun to give that a spin again.

Will add you once I get on today.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ok so the next big feature for the Lost Alpha addon is the implementing of the 'hardcore mode'

This is inspired by the Dark Mode in Misery but hopefully less terribly implemented.

Here's the basic outline so far:

* Gasmasks/suits with masks act as a hybrid of current behaviour and Lost Alpha default. Gasmasks are still a belt item, and regular masks will still protect you from gas etc, but you'll now need to replace the filters. This sort of restarts the default Lost Alpha timer for mask protection in dangerous areas.
* Closed system suits (exoskeletons, scientific suits etc.) do not need their filters changed, but you will be required to have a tank of oxygen if you decide to use them and want them to protect against poison gas etc.
* Certain weather cycles will have adverse effects on the player. Mainly heavy fog, storms etc will have a slight radioactive effect. These can be protected against by wearing a mask, or a suit with a mask (with proper filters) or a closed suit w/ oxygen tank, or alternatively just being inside a shelter.
* Advanced sickness effects. Exposure to poison gas or being in dangerous areas and not having adequate protection will severely gently caress you up.

I realize that most people probably wouldn't want the entire game built around this so I'm making it an optional toggle so if you want to try it out, and find you don't like it, you don't have to reinstall the mod or delete anything or restart, just switch it off.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to skip hauling around a 15kg tank of bullshit

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Robot Randy posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to skip hauling around a 15kg tank of bullshit

I just scrounge all the ammo, then shotgun the hell out of the place, its fun watching them mantrain back and forth. then leisurely go and meet mr famous last words.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
New LA addon patch:

quote:

Version 1.0.2: Dangerous mutants, deadly anomalies....

* Added in optional hardcore mode. If you've set any options in lost_alpha_cfg.ltx you will have to set them again as there's a new option added. Sorry!
* Increased the health of mutants slightly. They go down too quick with new weapon damages. Will be slightly more challenging, but not hugely so.
* Fixed scope nightvision. OICW should now work as intended.
* Made anomalies more deadly and changed many particle effects.
* Added binoculars to various traders.
* Updated textures for NPCs. Some have been slightly changed, should be a slight visual improvement.
* Updated flashlight and artefact detector behaviour: Both will cease to function during emissions.
* Updated night vision to hopefully work better during emissions. Night vision should now switch off automatically during a surge.
* Finally added transmutations to detector lists. The elite detector should be able to detect all transmutes. Blue/Green parasites have been added to all detectors.
* Slight colour change to various UI elements.
* Oxygen tanks and filters added to traders. Related to hardcore mode.
* Updated ambient music. Should now be more varied and moody.
* Changed gas mask slightly. If you have a gas mask on your belt, MAKE SURE IT IS OFF BEFORE YOU APPLY THIS PATCH. I've changed the gas mask item section, and it may break your game if you have it on the belt when this patch is applied.
* Updated a few radio scripts to behave properly during emissions/horror time.
* Updated a few more NPCs to use new icons/models. If you see any that still use the old ones, please tell me!
* Added in 'build style' ragdolls to stalkers.
* Few changes to bioradar. Included new sound option in lost_alpha_cfg.ltx
* Updated breathing sound with gasmasks. You now actually have to be alive. If it's a closed system suit, the breathing sound will stop if the suit is compromised.

Hardcore mode information:

Gas masks and closed system suits are now important beyond protecting against gas. Heavy fog, rain and storms will introduce radioactive particles that can be breathed in if you don't have sufficient protection.

Gas masks now REQUIRE you to install a functional filter for them to work. Filters have been added to traders, but will be useless if you don't have hardcore mode enabled.

Closed system suits are now truly closed system. They will protect you provided you have an oxygen tank and the oxygen tank is attached (this defaults to V, will only work if you have a closed system suit, an oxygen tank, and in hardcore mode). Likewise, if the suit is damaged to the point where something breaks, it will not protect you at all, oxygen or not. The suit is compromised, and you'll need to use either a conventional gas mask or get the hell out and somewhere safe. This is largely to prevent SEVA suits etc becoming the only suit you use in late game etc.

Oxygen tanks can be bought and refilled at most traders.

Being inside a suitable shelter will prevent you from being affected by background radiation during storms/fog. These are usually the same shelters you can use during emissions.

Certain dangerous areas (usually underground, or in enclosed areas with lots of anomaly activity) may be dangerous to pass through if you're not protected. The anomaly tunnel in the Cordon is a good example.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g61bfie5hcw8f8c/Patch_102.7z

Cumulative with the previous hotfix so if you haven't installed that, it's included here.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/news/ogse-0693-open-beta-test-and-development-report

LOL, they're going to include their weapon add-ons afterall... and they have shotguns mounted to assault rifles in replacement of grenade launchers. :unsmigghh:

goddamn OGSE :allears:

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone tell where you can go to survive blowouts in Lost Alpha? When one started I was hanging out with the SIN guys in the cordon when a blowout started, on the map their little shack had the shelter icon over it so I thought it was safe. Nope, died. I had to go back to a previous save because my save always gave me about twenty seconds till the blowout so I never managed to get away in time.

I got another blowout when I was deep in the underground corridors under the anomaly field in the train bridge tunnel, I figured I'm underground so it's all good right? Nope died.

And went into the metal factory with the icon and died there from blowout despite the shelter icon too.

Oh and I'm using Ddraig's addon with latest patch if that makes any difference.

OhGreatAGinger fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 25, 2015

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Killswitch posted:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/news/ogse-0693-open-beta-test-and-development-report

LOL, they're going to include their weapon add-ons afterall... and they have shotguns mounted to assault rifles in replacement of grenade launchers. :unsmigghh:

Holy poo poo, it sounds like OGSE will be even more stable than the vanilla game. Granted that's not a terribly hard thing to do but the insane amount of work they've put in looks amazing. The only problem is all of a sudden I've gotten chills like somehow this can't be true and we will end up in another Misery 2.0 situation because it can't be nearly as good as it sounds.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Sphrin posted:

Holy poo poo, it sounds like OGSE will be even more stable than the vanilla game. Granted that's not a terribly hard thing to do but the insane amount of work they've put in looks amazing. The only problem is all of a sudden I've gotten chills like somehow this can't be true and we will end up in another Misery 2.0 situation because it can't be nearly as good as it sounds.

0692 was fantastic, I can count on one hand the number of crashes or issues ive encountered over the years. Im very optomistic that 0693 will be flawless when its all said and done.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Misery owns bc you can smoke a doob to stop controllers from loving with you :2bong:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Can anyone tell where you can go to survive blowouts in Lost Alpha? When one started I was hanging out with the SIN guys in the cordon when a blowout started, on the map their little shack had the shelter icon over it so I thought it was safe. Nope, died. I had to go back to a previous save because my save always gave me about twenty seconds till the blowout so I never managed to get away in time.

I got another blowout when I was deep in the underground corridors under the anomaly field in the train bridge tunnel, I figured I'm underground so it's all good right? Nope died.

And went into the metal factory with the icon and died there from blowout despite the shelter icon too.

Oh and I'm using Ddraig's addon with latest patch if that makes any difference.

I think the problem is either two things:

1. Certain shelters seemingly only protect certain communities. This may be the reason why certain shelters just will not protect you.

2. The conditions for a blowout call a certain function to check if a blowout is active/if you're in a shelter and it may be calling the wrong one. I've hopefully fixed this.

The fact you get the icon leads me to suspect it's the first.

I'm putting out a new patch later on tonight, hopefully, with a few new features and I'll hopefully be fixing this.

Patch notes so far:

quote:

Version 1.0.3: Shattered Spirits

* Alcoholism has been introduced. Drinking too much alcohol at once can kill you, and too much overall will get you a crippling dependency. Drink in moderation!
* New transmutation: "Stalker's Remorse". Sakharov has the details.
* Set the world on fire with the flamethrower. Sakharov is selling his experimental prototype. He also offers several means to refuel it.
* The trader in the Forgotten Factory has a new sideline. He can get you the good poo poo. (If you've already spoken to him, this may require a new game start)
* Implemented several fixes proposed by Byte_Me
* Reverted bind_car.script - should fix crashes related to restarting Alife Simulator. Car binder was broken... whoops!
* Changed conditions in bind_shelter to hopefully account for all possibilities during surges. If you still die in a shelter, tell me and I may have a solution.

e: On further inspection, it seems all shelters can protect the player, the faction thing is just to determine how many NPCs the shelter can hold, and what type before they go looking for another shelter, which leads me to believe it's the latter possibly.

I just forced a few emissions in the cordon and I survived them so I'm not sure :(

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 26, 2015

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Killswitch posted:

Their weapon modding system looks a fair bit like the LURK system that was supposed to be implemented before that mod was canceled. I wonder if they recruited one of the old LURKers?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MadBimber posted:

Their weapon modding system looks a fair bit like the LURK system that was supposed to be implemented before that mod was canceled. I wonder if they recruited one of the old LURKers?

I'm pretty familiar with Daemonion (their sound guy) of the LURK team (who is also a Goon), and I don't believe there was any system like this in-place. It requires changes to the engine, which they had only been doing mildly before moving to UE4. I'm pretty sure they weren't going to do that.
However, Shoker 3.0 for CoP is coming apparently the end of this month and has that same feature.
You can view videos of it on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ShokerTeam

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Killswitch posted:

My god, that looks fantastic, one step closer to a grenade launching shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Patch 1.0.3 will be up later on tonight/early tomorrow. This is probably going to be the last patch for a week or so.

I'll also be updating the full pack to include the latest version, so if you download the full thing when the patch is released it will be up to date.

Patch notes:

quote:

Version 1.0.3: Shattered Spirits

* Alcoholism has been introduced. Drinking too much alcohol at once can kill you, and too much overall will get you a crippling dependency. Drink in moderation! (thanks to AMK, a blast from the past)
* For the purposes of scripts, wine is now considered 'vodka'. It will get you 'drunk', can contribute to dependency, and will contribute to psy-healing. Beer is not (for the moment)
* New transmutation: "Stalker's Remorse". Sakharov has the details.
* Set the world on fire with the flamethrower. Sakharov is selling his experimental prototype. He also offers several means to refuel it. (Currently doesn't display particles on enemies as I would like, will attempt to do this later on)
* The stalker trader in the Construction Site has a new sideline. He can get you the good poo poo. (If you've already spoken to him, this may require a new game start)
* Implemented several fixes proposed by Byte_Me
* Reverted bind_car.script - should fix crashes related to restarting Alife Simulator. Car binder was broken... whoops!
* Changed conditions in bind_shelter to hopefully account for all possibilities during surges. If you still die in a shelter, tell me and I may have a solution.
* Fixed various crashes related to merc trader in the Construction Site.
* Added transmutations to trader buy/sell lists. Traders now buy them for more. Various parasites, due to their common nature and them being failed transmutes, are now essentially worthless. Traders will not buy them.
* Changed condition for exiting Sid's bunker. You now can't leave unless you take items from the drawer.
* Updated more npcs to use Customization Pack icons/models.
* Updated scripts to load middlegray/sun luminosity changes suggested by S3rious.
* Changed various sleep conditions for hardcore mode that were being erroneously called during regular mode.
* Added additional framework for the next patch: The Black Parasite.