Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

It's dumb and bad and you shouldn't do it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't wait for the generic "Its actually a good thing the seal failed here again and not at a race so now we completely understand the problem" Mclaren statement.

This is the very definition of testing.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

testing schmesting, the only positive thing about testing is that it means we're only 3 weeks away from Melbourne :toot:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

drgitlin posted:

You just keep posting this poo poo like one day it'll be funny.

It won't.
I love every single one of those posts and I wish I could upvote all of them. Why can't somethingawful be like reddit?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

IQs above 37?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Sebastian Vettel says Formula 1's move to ban helmet design changes may not be enough to deter him from tweaking his colors.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/113681-vettel-may-defy-ban-on-helmet-changes

Oh, gently caress off.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Really I'm with Vettel, helmet design won't matter for him. He will be easily identifiable as the ferrari driver spun round in the gravel.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

the tears are going to be great when mclaren starts winning

They have to finish the race in order to win.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I love every single one of those posts and I wish I could upvote all of them. Why can't somethingawful be like reddit?

Because reddit is good.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

El Hefe posted:

Big Pastor Maldonado once again at the top of the timesheets, looks like we have ourselves a new champion this season boys.
Can''t wait to see that face on podium every race. phwoar

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I hope Pastor gets sent back to the gulags after the next coup in Venezuela.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Um excuse me when you talk about Pastor, please use his official title. It should be "F1 Race Winner Pastor Maldonado"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Pastor won a race and then went completely abysmal after. Bruno was the only one propping up Williams that season.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wirth1000 posted:

Pastor won a race and then went completely abysmal after. Bruno was the only one propping up Williams that season.

You must mean "World Endurance Championship Race Winner Bruno Senna"

I know which series has more prestige.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

simplefish posted:

Um excuse me when you talk about Pastor, please use his official title. It should be "F1 Race Winner Pastor Maldonado"

I'll take "sentences that are still true if you drop the first letter" for $200, Alex.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

One Swell Foop posted:

I'll take "sentences that are still true if you drop the first letter" for $200, Alex.

I don't think "m" or "t" are words.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

enri posted:

testing schmesting, the only positive thing about testing is that it means we're only 3 weeks away from Melbourne :toot:

Is that when the thread gets better or worster

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Golbez posted:

Is that when the thread gets better or worster

Oh worse

waaaaay worse

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Alonso's had an off, Benson's as cringy as ever:

quote:

"The Circuit De Catalunya's Twitter feed is reporting a 'crash' for Fernando Alonso at Turn Four. It's unclear for now whether they mean he has spun off into the gravel, or actually hit something solid.

"If it is an accident, you have to say it is very rare indeed for Alonso to make a mistake, which may or may not be the case in this situation."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

alonso has been taken to the hospital in a helicopter, for some bizarre reason

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

alonso has been taken to the hospital in a helicopter, for some bizarre reason

It was the fastest way to get away from Ron.

edit:

uhhh suddenly not quite so funny

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 22, 2015

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

darth cookie posted:

edit:

there were rumors that he got sick and fainted in the car, hopefully that's the case and he's just going to the hospital for a virus or something.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes conscious and speaking coherently to the doctors when he was taken to hospital.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The only rational explanation is that this is the culmination of Ron Dennis' 7 year plot to kill Alonso in revenge for grassing him up.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

darth cookie posted:

edit:

RIP Fernando.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Photographers say it was a slow impact. Maybe an odd angle has given his back a bit of a jolt, but atleast it doesn't sound too bad.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

AgentJotun posted:

Photographers say it was a slow impact. Maybe an odd angle has given his back a bit of a jolt, but atleast it doesn't sound too bad.

Fernando is old. He's only 3 years younger than me and I'm old. He probably just wanted a nap, I like napping and I bet he does too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vettel was right behind alonso, said he was going about 150kph and then just turned into the wall

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

be nice wicka posted:

vettel was right behind alonso, said he was going about 150kph and then just turned into the wall

Schumacher was right behind Senna, said he was going about 150kph and then just turned into the wall

COINCIDENCE????????

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

be nice wicka posted:

Well we know the Mclaren is bad but is suicide really the answer?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I wonder if turned into is the direct translation. Makes it sound like Alonso realized it was all too much for him to get the piece of poo poo Mclaren on the podium and decided to end it all.

Edit ^^ Doh beaten.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

serious gaylord posted:

Well we know the Mclaren is bad but is suicide really the answer?

Probably fulfilling a break clause in his contract or something

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31575734

Car doesn't look too hosed in this image, so it's probably just precautionary from neck/back pain or something.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I knew Alonso was going to commit seppuku but not this early into the season...

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Kinda puts things into perspective when they keep talking about the crash in terms of "consciousness" rather than injury.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
An update from McLaren: According to the team, the G-Force measuring 'alarm' was triggered during the crash, hence Fernando being taken to hospital. There's no word on whether he has suffered any injuries or not, but the team have repeated that he was concious upon his arrival at the medical centre and talking to the doctors.

Eric Boullier, the McLaren team boss, has also told us that there was very little damage done to the MP4-30 so they may run again today - Jenson Button was scheduled to be in the car this afternoon even before Alonso's accident.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

An update from McLaren: According to the team, the G-Force measuring 'alarm' was triggered during the crash, hence Fernando being taken to hospital. There's no word on whether he has suffered any injuries or not, but the team have repeated that he was concious upon his arrival at the medical centre and talking to the doctors.

Eric Boullier, the McLaren team boss, has also told us that there was very little damage done to the MP4-30 so they may run again today - Jenson Button was scheduled to be in the car this afternoon even before Alonso's accident.

1. how

2. wouldn't button be driving his own car?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Think they only ever bring 1 car to the tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ron Dennis had Alonso crash it so if it goes really slow he can say "Yeah, but Alonso crashed it earlier, that's why."

Edit: Sorry, not if, but when it goes really slow.

• Locked thread