Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Are we still in arc 2, or is this the start of arc 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

my dad posted:

Are we still in arc 2, or is this the start of arc 3?

This is the opening to Arc 3 :D Arc 2 was Tyranids

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

This is the opening to Arc 3 :D Arc 2 was Tyranids

In that case, let me bring this up again:

LowellDND posted:

We have finished Arc 1 of a 5 Arc outline! I want to thank everyone who has enjoyed the writing, and hope you will continue to read and post. I want to thank Redly for offering to beta my posts, and I also want to say that My Dad is this Arc’s most valuable poster! Please feel free to post a character sketch or plot idea (or PM me), and I shall put them in our retinue/plot as canon!

I'd like to thank you for how amazingly you handled the character I suggested to you. They were beyond anything I could have hoped for, and the details you added to their personality fit so well.

Would anyone here care to guess as to who it was?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

In that case, let me bring this up again:

I'd like to thank you for how amazingly you handled the character I suggested to you. They were beyond anything I could have hoped for, and the details you added to their personality fit so well.

Ooh, good catch. Completely skipped my mind.

After that I need to award new NPCs out too :D

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I nominate Tomn. :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

I nominate Tomn. :v:

He is one of several, yes :v:

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 22, 2015

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Save Limosa

Xun fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 23, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'll have a party krieger in spirit. :3:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Save Limosa. Secure the poisoned food.

Add this to Sincera Pax's case docket. It is connected. Consult with her at the first opportunity.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sogol posted:

Save Limosa. Secure the poisoned food.

Add this to Sincera Pax's case docket. It is connected. Consult with her at the first opportunity.
If we try to save him, dumb as it is it'd probably make us look even more suspicious.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ok, the next post will have a save attempt and food grab :D Ill sketch it tonite.

Now :D Who was Mydad's character? If the majority of the thread can guess right, Ill award you 250 XP.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LowellDND posted:

Ok, the next post will have a save attempt and food grab :D Ill sketch it tonite.

Now :D Who was Mydad's character? If the majority of the thread can guess right, Ill award you 250 XP.
I'm guessing the kid rogue trader

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i'll guess Kid rogue trader too

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Travers Schatten x x
Commissar Fabiyan
Mother
Sincera
Devries
Erasmus
Old Man Henderson
Matthais
LT Skade
De La Torres
Father Kraig
(Other options?)

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 22, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Almost certainly Sincera.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Voting to Save Limosa Guessing Skade as mydad's character

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm gonna guess Sincera.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
Guessing Sincera.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Sincera

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sincera x x x x
Travers Schatten x x
LT Skade x
Commissar Fabiyan
Mother
Devries
Erasmus
Old Man Henderson
Matthais
De La Torres
Father Kraig
(Other options?)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Fabyan

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Commissar Fabulous?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I hope it is Sincera Pax.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

LowellDND posted:

Sincera x x x x
Travers Schatten x x
LT Skade x
Commissar Fabiyan
Mother
Devries
Erasmus
Old Man Henderson
Matthais
De La Torres
Father Kraig
(Other options?)

Oh btw Lowell, is the caracter's name Matthias or Matthais? Since you have been using both spellings at time, I'm kinda curious which one is the typo.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sheep-dodger posted:

Oh btw Lowell, is the caracter's name Matthias or Matthais? Since you have been using both spellings at time, I'm kinda curious which one is the typo.

No idea. Lemme check his intro post.

Matthias is the correct spelling.

Sincera x x x x x,
Travers Schatten x x
Commissar Fabiyan x x
LT Skade x
Mother
Devries
Erasmus
Old Man Henderson
Matthais
De La Torres
Father Kraig
(Other options?)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Yeah, I'm thinking Sincera as well. There's just something about her that sticks out a little bit, that speaks of her being not QUITE flush with everything else. Not in any way big enough to be noticeable without prompting, but once it's mentioned your eyes keep wandering over to her to try and find the stitches - and perhaps seeing faint scars.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Slaan posted:

Almost certainly Sincera.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
My first thought was Sincera, but I'm going to vote for Erasmus

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Any chance we can roll to acquire a Medicae Mechadendrite, or do we need to buy it with XP instead? I only ask because we rolled to get all of our other mechadendrites, and a medicae one would be pretty helpful, giving us another +10 to Medicae tests (remember that we now heal 10 with a successful test), contains 5 injector pistons for drugs, gives us a +10 to Interrogation tests, and has a chainscalpel attached that we could use as an improvised weapon.

Sour Blossom
Apr 21, 2005
L O L 6 6
Sincera.

Also, there's something about the bit with the Magos and the ork sporulator combat drugs that got me thinking. We/the Beast basically introduced the Orks to Golgotha, and there is a crusade in the neighboring sector that the planet had been supplying.

A hive world named Golgotha was the site of a vicious losing war against an Ork Waaagh! lead by none other than Ghazgull Mag Uruk Thrakka, who invaded because his assault on Armageddon and the surrounding subsector needed raw materials. Fluff seems to suggest a deliberate attack on the planet for this reason.

Also, we just got a bale eye, and there's a famous Imperial hero who has one of those. As Ohone demonstrated, implants can be and are regularly removed from the dead and re-implanted in others.

There can be multiple Imperial worlds with the same name, right? :ohdear:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

GhostStalker posted:

Any chance we can roll to acquire a Medicae Mechadendrite, or do we need to buy it with XP instead? I only ask because we rolled to get all of our other mechadendrites, and a medicae one would be pretty helpful, giving us another +10 to Medicae tests (remember that we now heal 10 with a successful test), contains 5 injector pistons for drugs, gives us a +10 to Interrogation tests, and has a chainscalpel attached that we could use as an improvised weapon.

Waci, what would the roll for that be?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sour Blossom posted:

Sincera.

Also, there's something about the bit with the Magos and the ork sporulator combat drugs that got me thinking. We/the Beast basically introduced the Orks to Golgotha, and there is a crusade in the neighboring sector that the planet had been supplying.

A hive world named Golgotha was the site of a vicious losing war against an Ork Waaagh! lead by none other than Ghazgull Mag Uruk Thrakka, who invaded because his assault on Armageddon and the surrounding subsector needed raw materials. Fluff seems to suggest a deliberate attack on the planet for this reason.

Also, we just got a bale eye, and there's a famous Imperial hero who has one of those. As Ohone demonstrated, implants can be and are regularly removed from the dead and re-implanted in others.

There can be multiple Imperial worlds with the same name, right? :ohdear:

I grabbed Golgotha from the Deathstalker series (and I love the sound of the name) but I will cheerfully arc weld if it looks fun. The idea that your request for combat drugs (and your eye equipped from a rogue Magos) becomes Ghazgull, the war for Armageddon, and Yarrick does have a certain something. :D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

I grabbed Golgotha from the Deathstalker series (and I love the sound of the name) but I will cheerfully arc weld if it looks fun. The idea that your request for combat drugs (and your eye equipped from a rogue Magos) becomes Ghazgull, the war for Armageddon, and Yarrick does have a certain something. :D

MyDad was Athena.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

MyDad was Athena.

Sincera x x x x x, x x x
Travers Schatten x x
Commissar Fabiyan x x
LT Skade x
Athena x
Erasmus x
Mother
Devries
Old Man Henderson
Matthais
De La Torres
Father Kraig
(Other options?)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Going with Der Kommissar on this vote.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
mydad was Mother obviously.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Waci, what would the roll for that be?

We would need the training talent to use it, and to buy the mechadendrite itself. Target number for an acquisition test would be 78, so a pretty good chance we could get one without any major effort or expense.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

my dad posted:

Was it Sincera Pax?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

We would need the training talent to use it, and to buy the mechadendrite itself. Target number for an acquisition test would be 78, so a pretty good chance we could get one without any major effort or expense.

Success! Ill add it to the character sheet later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Waci posted:

LowellDND posted:

Success! Ill add it to the character sheet later.

Hmm, we never actually bought the skills to use our other mechadendrites, yet I see those talents on our sheet. Probably fudging some numbers or something...

Also, why is our profile pic in the OP now a Quarian? Xeno scum!