Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

True.

But I'd rather he didn't. I do want to see him get that 3rd title. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Cojawfee posted:

You can't even get your lame jokes right. The watch is called G-Shock. Which would have even opened you up for an electrocution joke.

The g force things are just stickers you attach to things and they break when subjected to the rated g-force.

lol sorry I didn't get the name right for my stupid joke

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Cojawfee posted:

You can't even get your lame jokes right. The watch is called G-Shock. Which would have even opened you up for an electrocution joke.

The g force things are just stickers you attach to things and they break when subjected to the rated g-force.

Mexican version.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ke$ha has her own line of G-forces

Eb
May 6, 2003
Coincidence???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Japanese watches but Casios are, uh, divisive looking

and honestly if I wanted a more traditional looking Japanese watch I'd get a Seiko

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Eb posted:

Coincidence???

Conclusive evidence the axis are in cahoots to murder poor Alonso

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Turns out alonso didn't have a smashin test. It's was loving shocking.

In serious news where did the electrocution rumour come from?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Alain Post posted:

I like Japanese watches but Casios are, uh, divisive looking

and honestly if I wanted a more traditional looking Japanese watch I'd get a Seiko

Pretty much, my second watch is a Seiko

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

nsaP posted:

If Alonso died he would be new Senna T/F????

He'd be the new Massa

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Compare that to these

Super Seb brings the class

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

thegasman2000 posted:

Turns out alonso didn't have a smashin test. It's was loving shocking.

In serious news where did the electrocution rumour come from?

i saw it on the tweets, probably wild speculation + misunderstanding of why mechanics/marshals handle the car with rubber gloves

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Sebastian Vettel really is the essence of speed and precision.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Awesome helmet for an awesome driver.

I would suck the cum out of Massa's dick.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Awesome helmet for an awesome driver.

I would suck the cum out of Massa's dick.

"and the top of the visor has to be chrome blue, exactly like the same area of the helmet"

"this is getting pretty pricey, felipe, does a helmet really matter that much?"

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Heh. I guess if we have a repeat of the spring it will have two faces to choose from.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Drivers have faces

Helmet has a face

Helmets go on Heads

Heads sounds like Smeds

ROB SMEDLEY IS ACTUALLY MASSAS HELMET (and the real driver and also life partner)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
First thing I saw. Like a smiling version of :stare:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

NtotheTC posted:

The only rational explanation is that this is the culmination of Ron Dennis' 7 year plot to kill Alonso in revenge for grassing him up.

I called this many pages ago, and now we have all seen Ron try it for real. Fortunately, like everything else Ron is behind, this plot failed miserably. :gbsmith:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Payndz posted:

First thing I saw. Like a smiling version of :stare:

:stonklol:

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Alonso faces further tests... The first being "Why the gently caress did you get in a loving McLaren you numpty" followed shortly by "Exactly how poo poo is that car?"

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Its good they're getting these hospital tests out of the way now. They can understand Alonso better and won't be finding things out in Melbourne.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
McLaren released a statement about Alonso and the crash.

quote:

“His car ran wide at the entry to Turn Three – which is a fast uphill right-hander – allowing it to run onto the Astroturf that lines the outside of the track. A consequent loss of traction caused a degree of instability, spitting it back towards the inside of the circuit, where it regained traction and struck the wall side-on.

“Our findings indicate that the accident was caused by the unpredictably gusty winds at that part of the circuit at that time, and which had affected other drivers similarly (eg, Carlos Sainz Jnr).

“We can categorically state that there is no evidence that indicates that Fernando’s car suffered mechanical failure of any kind. We can also confirm that absolutely no loss of aerodynamic pressure was recorded, which fact indicates that the car did not suffer any aerodynamic loss, despite the fact that it was subjected to a significant level of g-force. Finally, we can also disclose that no electrical discharge or irregularity of any kind occurred in the car’s ERS system, either before, during or after the incident.

“That last point refutes the erroneous rumours that have spread recently to the effect that Fernando was rendered unconscious by an electrical fault. That is simply not true. Our data clearly shows that he was downshifting while applying full brake pressure right up to the moment of the first impact – something that clearly would not have been possible had he been unconscious at the time.

“Our data also confirms that Fernando’s car struck the inside concrete wall, first with its front-right wheel and then with its rear-right. It was a significant lateral impact, resulting in damage to the front upright and axle.

“After the initial impact, the car slid down the wall for about 15 seconds before coming to a halt. All four wheels remained attached to the car, but no damage was sustained by the bodywork or crash structure between the front and rear wheels

So, basically, driver error but that's impossible because Alonso does not make errors.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

McLaren released a statement about Alonso and the crash.

So, basically, driver error but that's impossible because Alonso does not make errors.

i don't believe 90% of this, it was clearly a bizarre accident with a bizarre outcome and for them to pretend that he just ran wide is ludicrous

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

It was a stupid crash and I don't care about it like some people on the internet seem to

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
McLaren tried to kill Alonso and now they are trying to cover it up, disgusting, but they won't fool me.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

It was a stupid crash and I don't care about it like some people on the internet seem to

It's Alonso's disappearing line technique.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

The 2nd shooter in the grassy knoll

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hope none of the GPs are windy.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

Spectators seated on the grassy knoll reported hearing a loud bang moments before the impact. "I thought he had blown a tire" said one fan "but when I turned around to ask the shadowy guy who was sitting behind me, he and his guitar case were gone".

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Did they routinely sedate Massa or Raikkonen at the track side last year after their massive smashes?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I look forward to Zombie Fernando Alonso winning with McLaren.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Senna was shot directly from the front

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Vettel was just behind him and he rushed to the media to set the narrative that it was a McLaren issue. How convenient.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Senna was shot directly from the front

Is this a reference to the actual conspiracy theory that Senna was assassinated?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this a reference to the actual conspiracy theory that Senna was assassinated?

Sadly, yes.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

McLaren tried to kill Alonso and now they are trying to cover it up, disgusting, but they won't fool me.

Just another thing Ron Dennis is incompetent at. Frank Williams knew how to get the job done properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
5/1 was an inside job.

• Locked thread