Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

The world is a frozen wasteland. You can't leave your home. Your possessions are useless. But fret not! The Tomorrow Corporation provides a solution to all these problems with the wonderful Little Inferno! Simply sit yourself in front of it (not too close, though!), toss in the nearest lesser object, and set it alight for moments of unmitigated joy! When you run out of stuff to burn, just open your handy catalog and Tomorrow Corporation will send more flammables to your door in a jiffy! Buy one today!

Or you can join me and Zandra as we explore the simple joys and untold secrets of this incredible digital toy from the creators of World of Goo! Check the available items and combos after each video and help us solve every combo in the game, but don't be a wet blanket and tell us ones you already know or looked up. nO spOILERrrrs! Just play along, help us out, and enjoy Little Inferno!

Chimney Stuffer/Items & Combos

Totally Recalled Toys/Items & Combos

Snooty Foodie/Items & Combos

1st Person Shopper/Items & Combos

Bonus: The Grand Master

Miss Nancy's Guide to Stylish Living/Items & Combos

Shop & Awe/Items & Combos

Existence, Now/Items & Combos

???

Bonus: The Completionist/Full Combo Spoiler

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Chimney Stuffer

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 23, 2015

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
Ashes to Ashes...

Pretty good start, I'm happy. Hope your happy too.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I never had the patience to find all the combos in this game, I'll be watching!

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Could Generations be a pun on electricity generators? Have you tried magnet+batteries?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Subbed and voted 5, never even heard of this game, but it certainly looks like it'll be a fun ride.
Regarding the combinations: judging by the descriptions the "generations" one almost certainly involves the spider egg. The other element probably has something to do with children. Family foto? School bus?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 22, 2015

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
It's not cold in Australia. But we still light things on fire.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I had such big hopes for this LP but they all went up in flames

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I just hope that Fiendly doesn't get burned out before showing this game.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Fair point, I haven't seen any previous LPs from him so this could be his trial by fire.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

He had a Blood Will Tell LP which was SSSSSSMMMOOOOOOKIN'!

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
I wanted to see how a DVD would burn so I tossed in Prometheus.

Little bastard got up and stole all my fire

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Spudd posted:

I just hope that Fiendly doesn't get burned out before showing this game.

Don't worry, the LP will be grossly incandescent.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
God, so many puns already... You're all fired.

LupusAter posted:

Could Generations be a pun on electricity generators? Have you tried magnet+batteries?

Aumanor posted:

Regarding the combinations: judging by the descriptions the "generations" one almost certainly involves the spider egg. The other element probably has something to do with children. Family foto? School bus?

I'll be trying both of these in the next update! Many hints for combos reside within the item descriptions, so well done catching the one for the spider egg. My best guess right now is that you're both half right, but we'll see shortly.

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 23, 2015

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Fiendly posted:

Many hints for combos reside within the item descriptions

I used that for most of the combos but one that I swear I've got right just will not take.

Melaneus posted:

I wanted to see how a DVD would burn so I tossed in Prometheus.

Little bastard got up and stole all my fire

Don't burn DVDs, that's against the rules.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Cool it already, we don't want this to turn into a flame war.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
SHAVE.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Did everyone notice the face's mouth open and slowly close toward the end when the firefly jar broke open?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

OH! I just got it! Can't believe we missed that...

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anyone else get a creepy consistory industrialist vibe from this game? or is it just me?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

And now I'm wishing the thread title was "Some games just want to watch the world burn!" Or something.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

OmanyteJackson posted:

Does anyone else get a creepy consistory industrialist vibe from this game? or is it just me?

Yeah it's kinda the dev's thing.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I just finished playing this a few hours ago. It was much much better than I expected it to be.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I expect this to be amazing. And highly educational about what's flammable and what's really flammable.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Totally Recalled Toys

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I dunno what lol kitty could be, but if you purchase the light bulbs and the valkyrie, will she shatter the glass when she sings?

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013
I'm guessing the lol kitty thing is probably the camera and the cat plushie.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
There's an item in another catalogue that you will read the description and wonder how the LOL Kitty combo could involve anything else, but it still doesn't work, it makes no sense, and it annoys me.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
The 12 year old me wants you to get a kitty, a mini nuke, a mini moon, batteries, space heater, and cold iron heart

And then make all those items orbit the moon until something happens

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Cat, syringe can, nuke, batteries, oil tanker, dynamite elf.

Let's blow this place to space.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Seiren posted:

The 12 year old me wants you to get a kitty, a mini nuke, a mini moon, batteries, space heater, and cold iron heart

And then make all those items orbit the moon until something happens

Sorites posted:

Cat, syringe can, nuke, batteries, oil tanker, dynamite elf.

Let's blow this place to space.

You've got exactly the right attitude to enjoy this game. I might have to do a video of the most creative ideas for destruction, but that will definitely have to hold off until the upcoming catalogs really up the ante.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

For the combo, the fireworks thing is a cat, so maybe that and the kitty?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are all the combos just two items each?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Nope! Three item combos open up in the next catalog.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

most of them are, but there are about ... 6 or so combos that require 3 items.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Is the item we need for the combo actually in the next catalog? Because if they're making a lolcat reference, you'd probably go with a cheeseburger or something.

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Rhiodise posted:

I'm guessing the lol kitty thing is probably the camera and the cat plushie.

This is probably right, as the "LOL Kitty" might be a reference to LOL cats. So either the Kitty and the camera or the kitty and the "My Pictures". There doesn't seem to be any item that would fit the cat puns or the bad spelling and grammar most LOL cats are associated with.

This game has a pretty cool aesthetic to it and the burning mechanics are great. I quite like the combo mechanic as well.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

notoriousman posted:

Is the item we need for the combo actually in the next catalog? Because if they're making a lolcat reference, you'd probably go with a cheeseburger or something.

If a combo is unlocked then you can solve it. So the game never gives you a "chinaware picture" combo without having the chinaware available. This makes solving all combos before moving on to the next catalogue preferable because you have less clutter (from subsequent catalogue) to confuse you?

double nine fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 25, 2015

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The mini nuke is one of my favorite items. Not only does it explode satisfyingly, it cleans the entire screen in one go, no waiting for fires to burn out and cleaning up ashes and the like. It's also good for setting off combos.

LupusAter posted:

For the combo, the fireworks thing is a cat, so maybe that and the kitty?

The fireworks thing is an Uncle Sam, not a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
:neckbeard: another fiendly LP! And this time for a game I've 100%'d! I'll definitely be watching. I had to use a FAQ to get a lot of the combos. I don't really remember them, as it's been some time but I still don't feel right even guessing. And what's being said is correct--we're WAY far away from over the top still for how things burn.

• Locked thread