Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Plus I genuinely thought he was scum and didn't want him to weasel out. There was no good reason to put off his claim if he was town

I was convinced he was scum too, but if you'd have let him live long enough to claim we could have laughed at his ridiculous claim and then had his cop results anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And I, I took the road less traveled.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Chic and Good Sir, where are you?

Also, Axe Cop, who would you say is scum now besides Opop? Same question to Gabriel Pope.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Meinberg posted:

You gotta respect the turbo.

Let's not go around pretending this is a valid reason for anything.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Glockenapfel posted:

Same question to Gabriel Pope.

If I had any good leads I'd be calling for a lynch. I'm pretty confident there is at least one scum between Meinberg, Abyssal Squid, and Epsilon Plus on account of opportunistic bandwagoning, but that's not really great odds.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm not buying Opop as scum. There's no reason I can think of why a person who's scum would be claiming their night kills openly in the thread as vig kills, and to have their claimed kills include members of both scumteams. The most I could see Opop as is a third party serial killer - which, yeah, needs to go, but if he's committed to killing the scum then I say it's probably of more benefit to us to keep him around, considering we've only gotten two out of who KNOWS how many scum, and then lynch him when the town:scum ratio has evened out a bit

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Gabriel Pope posted:

If I had any good leads I'd be calling for a lynch. I'm pretty confident there is at least one scum between Meinberg, Abyssal Squid, and Epsilon Plus on account of opportunistic bandwagoning, but that's not really great odds.

If it helps you think at all, I've been eyeing Squid for a while and I'd like to take today to try and build something on him. Meinberg I'm not feeling super hot on but who knows?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm not buying Opop as scum. There's no reason I can think of why a person who's scum would be claiming their night kills openly in the thread as vig kills, and to have their claimed kills include members of both scumteams. The most I could see Opop as is a third party serial killer - which, yeah, needs to go, but if he's committed to killing the scum then I say it's probably of more benefit to us to keep him around, considering we've only gotten two out of who KNOWS how many scum, and then lynch him when the town:scum ratio has evened out a bit

Also I've killed one of each scum

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I've just caught up. Good work all :). I've been having strange dreams. I have not at all been able to understand them. The first was the night before last, then the second was last night. The first, was a message (that I'm able to directly quote): "Day 2 was an inside job. Daedric fire can't melt steel ingots." The second had no message, but I was an Owl flying overtop flat land of whiterun hold (? i think it was called) and there were four evil figures sprinting across the land and one was covered in blood and they wanted to get me guys :(.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
We all assume there's now one vampire and one werewolf left. And now that Jester is dead, no other parties? I previously suspected both Ecco and Anon in my top four. I didn't feel comfortable bringing it up because when I was actively posting in this thread there wasn't much heat on them and I wasn't looking to bring heat on me. The other two in my top four were were Gabriel and Opap.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Good Sir posted:

We all assume there's now one vampire and one werewolf left.

Why yes, that IS what we all assume?????? :raise:

What a strange claim.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Those last two Good Sir posts are sketch as heck. If each scum team does in fact have one person left (seems unlikely?), Good Sir could be scum that was previously being coached by Ecco and now is no longer sure on how to respond with Ecco out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't think anyone is saying that Opop is scum at this point. Just because he's hit scum in the past doesn't mean he's going to keep doing that. He can't allow all the scums to die because then he'll immediately get lynched so he'll soon be switching to killing town.

Good Sir posted:

I wasn't looking to bring heat on me.

Or we could just lynch this guy cause that is scummy as hell.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Good Sir posted:

We all assume there's now one vampire and one werewolf left. And now that Jester is dead, no other parties? I previously suspected both Ecco and Anon in my top four. I didn't feel comfortable bringing it up because when I was actively posting in this thread there wasn't much heat on them and I wasn't looking to bring heat on me. The other two in my top four were were Gabriel and Opap.
Why is this?

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Rarity :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:dukedog:

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Chic Trombone posted:

Yes, we are talking about Serial Killer. The problem with letting the SK because he'll kill the scum, and then we kill him, is that that plan is based on two assumptions:
- He is telling the truth and wants to kill scum. Which is probably true to some point, but he wouldn't want them all gone this early.
- He somehow magically knows who the scum are.

Claiming the kills is strange a bit. He could be looking for exactly this reaction though. Does a thing, then goes "Look at that thing! A bad guy would never do that thing! :smug:"

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

Those last two Good Sir posts are sketch as heck. If each scum team does in fact have one person left (seems unlikely?), Good Sir could be scum that was previously being coached by Ecco and now is no longer sure on how to respond with Ecco out.

Epsilon Plus posted:

If it helps you think at all, I've been eyeing Squid for a while and I'd like to take today to try and build something on him. Meinberg I'm not feeling super hot on but who knows?

Im not liking Epsilon here. For one thing, I totally buy what Good Sir is selling. Sir seems very inexperienced player trying to keep his head down. That's incompatible with outlandish lies. Epsilon seems to be trying to force a case on him.

Then he says he might make up a case on Squid (??? Is he scum or not?) and closes with a weak fence straddle on Meinberg.

I'd also consider Meinberg for the scumhammer or Chic for the Opop defense.

But first, ##vote Opop

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

So, I'm trying to look at Meinberg's posts, but there's like nothing there. He has middle of the pack post count but if you look at the posts, there's barely any content. You should look at his full post history.

Meinberg posted:

##vote Chili
This was a joke vote on Chili, which was left there till the end of the day.

D2 is some commentary about how ~crazy~ the Ecco-Byers thing is, then this:

Meinberg posted:

You're my mafia idol, CPig.

##vote Byers

Meinberg posted:

hahahahaha this is glorious chaos
So funny, OMG!

Meinberg posted:

We're probably looking at vampires vs. those guys who hunt vampires as the scum teams. Alternatively werewolves.
Hmm, alternatively... Maybe, possibly?

Meinberg posted:

Opopanax posted:

Turbos for the turbo God ##vote sandwolf
Sure, okay.

##vote Sandwolf
This was the hammer, after Sandwolf said that we should wait, because he has something to say.

Note that the reasoning for the three votes was basically like "Joke!" and "Lol Cpig, I'll follow you!" and "Turbo! Whee!".

Meinberg posted:

Only three players so far this game have mentioned werewolves. One was Asiina who is now dead and flipped town. One is Glock, who mentioned them only after Ecco's lore post thing. The third is myself, who hammered town yesterday. I probably look pretty terrible right now.
Trying to preemptively say this doesn't actually change that, yes, you did these things.

Meinberg posted:

You gotta respect the turbo.
Nope.

##vote Meinberg

Would still vote Opop too.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Meinberg how do you feel about this assault upon your character?

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

ShadowGlass posted:

Why is this?
Oh, because I thought this was a Fire&Ice game type, meaning there are two scum teams each with two members? And we killed one vampire and one werewolf? Which would make the two teams... vampires versus werewolfs? I thought.. that was... :/ Am I THAT lost in this game? Anyway, I just kinda figured out what my flavor means so I know I'm wrong.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Good Sir posted:

Oh, because I thought this was a Fire&Ice game type, meaning there are two scum teams each with two members? And we killed one vampire and one werewolf? Which would make the two teams... vampires versus werewolfs? I thought.. that was... :/ Am I THAT lost in this game? Anyway, I just kinda figured out what my flavor means so I know I'm wrong.

You're defending the wrong part of your original statement.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh. Didn't notice the bold. Sorry. I "didn't want to bring heat on me" because that's one of the objectives of the game to... not... die. For the team that you're on to outlive the other teams. So that you always have a vote. And can win.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Town players have to accept their mortality, though. Town always outnumber scum, and flips are the best source of information in the game. You shouldn't be afraid of being lunched - only losing.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
That was in the context of, when I was not (IRL working/sleeping/school), but rather in this thread reading/posting, nobody was chasing them, and I was being cautious whether I wanted to be the only one and end up becoming a target. When I was AFK people starting voting them. So they got voted and I now feel confident enough in my suspicions and ideas of who is who that I feel comfortable expressing the two I currently suspect. Which I shared as a sign of "cool I won't be cautious any longer."

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Good point though, I guess being a sacrifice is better than losing, but if there are four scum still alive and two more die tonight and I get lynched well, numbers dwindle fast. I guess I was comparing both confidence in my own suspicions with the risk of my own mortality. I wanted to wait until I was confident enough to feel it was worth becoming a target. Which I did, above, when I shared my other suspicions.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Glockenapfel posted:

Meinberg how do you feel about this assault upon your character?

Like, I can see how a person might come to those thoughts in regards to me, but ShadowGlass isn't right.

Admittedly, I've been playing pretty lovely this game, I won't deny that. But does that make me scum? Nah. But does that make me someone who scum would easily be able to case? Oh heck yes.

I've had a lot of extra work on my plate, and it has kept me from putting in the engagement that this game deserves. I'll do a re-read sometime before deadline, and post my thoughts.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Since the past two hammers have happened suddenly I'd might as well say what I've been thinking.

My Borda count for scum is 1) Opop, 2) Meinberg, 3) Good Day, 4) Gabriel Pope though only the first two are strong enough reads to vote for. 1) Good Day, 2) Meinberg, 3) Opop, 4) Gabriel Pope changed my mind while writing this

Good Day: says "we're all assuming that the scumteams are two-member" even though the general consensus has been 3-member scumteams. I think Ecco was going on about how two-member scumteams would have a doctor but I'd have to look back on that. Also been really cagey about drawing attention to himself but that's basically a newbie read (though a shade scummy). Now that I think of it the Ecco connection looks really really bad.

Opopanax we've discussed to death: we know he has a night kill, but the night kills don't square with there being a third nightly kill. Explicitly went and got Sandwolf hammered before he had a chance to claim/reveal cop info.

Meinberg is similar: hammered Sandwolf after Opop went "turbos for the turbo god" and Sandwolf went "wait let me claim." Also drew attention to the fact that he'd speculated that the not-vampire scum would be werewolves just to deflect criticism about it. The Sandwolf hammer is way more damning than the werewolf thing, but that's what you decide to defend yourself on?

Gabriel Pope: I thought he was the third leg of the Ecco/Sandwolf scumteam, but since Sandwolf turned out to be town that kinda falls apart. The way he acted on Day 2 still feels fishy to me, but that may be colored by the fact that he's brought me up as a potential scum candidate every single day. This last one is a really faint read, but nobody else really reads as scummy at all (except for EPlus being incredulous that nobody's voted for me yesterday but that's entirely the OMGUS talking).

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

tl;dr of the above: Good Day has some really suspicious assumptions/knowledge about the scumteam setup.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): Rarity, ShadowGlass, Glockenapfel, ShadowGlass
Rarity (1): Opopanax
Meinberg (1): ShadowGlass

Not Voting (7): Abyssal Squid, AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Good Sir, Meinberg

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh it's Good Sir. I always remember it as "I tip my had to you, Goon Day, sir!" :I

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

tl;dr of the above: Good Day has some really suspicious assumptions/knowledge about the scumteam setup.
Yeah.

I was assuming that, as the OP said, this was a Fire and Ice game, meaning there is usually four scum divided into two teams and one town cop. When I saw a "vampire" flip and a "werewolf" flip, and other posters say "So, it is vampires vs. werewolves" I assumed that meant those two creatures were the two scum teams, and thus there is one left on each. Either way this was my way of thinking before I logged in today when I finally understood my power / what the dreams meant. There are four living scum between two teams. I'm an Oracle. This then informed me that I was wrong when I thought there were one of each scum team left. My power informed me I guess that it isn't a typical Fire and Ice game in numbers/team division.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That's... a reasonable explanation for why you have knowledge that you "shouldn't" have, yeah. And a bit of my case against Gabriel Pope was that he "knew" that the scumteams were two each, which if it's not true is a null tell.

Though looking back on his Day 2 posts, Gabe was still riding the Byers case harder than Sandwolf ever did:

Gabriel Pope posted:

I am almost tempted to vote for Ecco just to see Byers' tortured attempts to wriggle out of the hole he's digging once Ecco flips town but on further consideration I believe lynching scum may be a more effective strategy so I'll keep my vote where itis

Gabriel Pope posted:

Reminder: Byers's case against Ecco is literally that Ecco provided an explanation for her reasoning, which shows she has a "guilty conscience."

Meanwhile, Byers outright lies about the game in order to push the Ecco lynch.

I think Byers' case against Ecco was pretty confused (he thought the doctor claim was supposed to be real what), but it's a gross misrepresentation to say that that was Byer's only reasoning, and he ignores all the other evidence pointing Ecco's way.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I pushed Byers because he was the scummiest motherfucker that I've ever seen in a game of Mafia (admittedly I have all of 2 complete games and maybe a couple I skimmed as spectator.) I was wrong, but I stand by my case being justified based on what we had to work with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gabriel Pope posted:

I pushed Byers because he was the scummiest motherfucker that I've ever seen in a game of Mafia (admittedly I have all of 2 complete games and maybe a couple I skimmed as spectator.) I was wrong, but I stand by my case being justified based on what we had to work with.

How is voting for an uncountered doctor claim justifiable?

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Like, I can see how a person might come to those thoughts in regards to me, but ShadowGlass isn't right.

Admittedly, I've been playing pretty lovely this game, I won't deny that. But does that make me scum? Nah. But does that make me someone who scum would easily be able to case? Oh heck yes.

I've had a lot of extra work on my plate, and it has kept me from putting in the engagement that this game deserves. I'll do a re-read sometime before deadline, and post my thoughts.

It's not simply that you're low content, you're not the only one. But you also posted a bunch of sideline commentary and other non-content posts. You're generating noise so it'd look like you're participating, when you're not really. You wouldn't need to mislead us like that if you were town.

And your votes were awful, awful bandwagoning (except the first, which was just awful).

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rarity posted:

How is voting for an uncountered doctor claim justifiable?

Yeah I want to know this too, but after that I think the votecount tells us everything we need to know about Day 2:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Byers2142 (9): Gabriel Pope, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig, Gabriel Pope, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, AnonymousNarcotics, Gabriel Pope, Byers2142, Meinberg, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, EccoRaven, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, AXE COP, AXE COP, EccoRaven, Byers2142, Abyssal Squid, Byers2142, Chic Trombone, Byers2142
Opopanax (1): Glockenapfel, Abyssal Squid, Abyssal Squid
CapitalistPig (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Sandwolf (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
AnonymousNarcotics (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Gabriel Pope, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Gabriel Pope
EccoRaven (0): CapitalistPig, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, CapitalistPig, Abyssal Squid, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Byers2142, Abyssal Squid, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (6): AXE COP, CapitalistPig, Good Sir, Opopanax, Rarity, ShadowGlass

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

I voted Byers for this post:

Byers2142 posted:

If they just vote, I hammer, and then I shut up. It's the absentee voters that are to blame for me talking, not me.

At that point he was going to get hammered or modkilled, and voting him out was the faster of the two (probably). Chic Trombone and I both voted for Ecco first, and only switched to Byers because no the lurkers are not forcing you to shitpost. Presumably everybody else on the Byers wagon either believed he was scummier than Ecco, or had ULTERIOR MOTIVES for wanting him dead. Anybody not on the wagon, or who voted after Ecco there, either thought Ecco looked scummier or wasn't around for the clusterfuck.

So Gabriel Pope, Meinberg, and Epsilon Plus are all in the first group, literally everybody else alive is in the second. (Opopanax voted for Byers but unvoted after the doctor claim, AXE COP pretty clearly didn't know wtf).

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We need more going on in this thread.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Super opportunistic voting history, lots of me-too posting and not a lot of original cases.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:toot: Your deadline is in nine hours :toot:

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): Rarity, ShadowGlass, Glockenapfel, ShadowGlass
Rarity (1): Opopanax
Meinberg (1): ShadowGlass
Epsilon Plus (1): Gabriel Pope

Not Voting (6): Abyssal Squid, AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Good Sir, Meinberg

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 14 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This game is boring. I'm bored. Let's CONTENT GAME

Good Sir - top two scum picks, right now let's go

• Locked thread